PDA

View Full Version : People(s) discriminating gays..

Pages : [1] 2

Mitcho123
02-22-2014, 01:21 AM
One thing that has bugged me a lot is, People discriminating others because of their faith, preference in gender and their race.
I find it sick. That people discriminate people because of their qualitys.
Today I was hanging out in Sochi.. When iConstruct decided to pull me..
iConstruct: Hey look! I found a wild idiot!
Mitcho: Did your mum buy you a mirror?
Cory(Random Numbers ) enterd:
Cory: MITCHO GAYYY..

So cory has been bugging me for a while. I know I can use the /ignore button but I want to know what he is saying..
iConstruct and me got into a huge battle aginst discrimination.. iConstruct and Cory keep saying that being gay is wrong and other stuff.. I took some screenies..
Anyway, I was trying to explain that god might not be real and that its wrong to judge people based on a " book " made hundreds of years ago? I am bad at explaning so you might not get it.

PURPLE585
02-22-2014, 01:22 AM
The Bible?

iConstruct, just keep your beliefs with your people.

You to Mitcho.

If this offends anyone, I do not intend to. Sorry.

Mitcho123
02-22-2014, 01:28 AM
The Bible?

iConstruct, just keep your beliefs with your people.

You to Mitcho.

If this offends anyone, I do not intend to. Sorry.

Ermm.. Can you clarify that.

Pentonix
02-22-2014, 01:40 AM
You know what HAKUNA MATATA

iConstruct
02-22-2014, 01:42 AM
I love how you screenshot the things I say not the things you say! Like you said I'm a racist piece of crap and said the bible is a stupid old lying book. That was very offensive.

Pentonix
02-22-2014, 01:43 AM
Why don't we all just be pandas so none of us are racist

iConstruct
02-22-2014, 01:45 AM

Exactly, I wasn't saying that I hate gags and stuff, I said that the bible says its wrong.

Legoaddict
02-22-2014, 01:47 AM
Not to offend anyone about their religion, but the bible, in my oppinion, is very strict. It's like, you must be this way or else. But the reality is that, religion is constantly being changed. Religion is now based of of society and how society changes. You can't have one change without the other changing as well. The church is now open to gays, but it wasn't before. As humans, we are entitled to our own opinions and beliefs. It doesn't matter if you are black, white, yellow, green, or purple, you should be treated fairly with the same amount of respect you would want for yourself. It doesn't matter wether you are gay, straight, lesbian, or bisexual, it's not what other people think, it's about the love. And I do believe god said to love your neighbors as you love him. So if he should be referencing the bible, he shouldn't be discriminating other people, wether Mitcho is actually gay or not.

iConstruct
02-22-2014, 01:50 AM
Not to offend anyone about their religion, but the bible, in my oppinion, is very strict. It's like, you must be this way or else. But the reality is that, religion is constantly being changed. Religion is now based of of society and how society changes. You can't have one change without the other changing as well. The church is now open to gays, but it wasn't before. As humans, we are entitled to our own opinions and beliefs. It doesn't matter if you are black, white, yellow, green, or purple, you should be treated fairly with the same amount of respect you would want for yourself. It doesn't matter wether you are gay, straight, lesbian, or bisexual, it's not what other people think, it's about the love. And I do believe god said to love your neighbors as you love him. So if he should be referencing the bible, he shouldn't be discriminating other people, wether Mitcho is actually gay or not.

Yes he did say love your neighbors as your self but he also said this "These things are wrong-...nor men laying with men.

- - - Updated - - -

Like I said, I'm not saying I hate gays, It's just the bible says its wrong and I strongly agree with the bible

iConstruct
02-22-2014, 02:01 AM
Why do people believe The Bible and follow the book like it's a manual for life? The Bible is full of lies and assumptions made by a random guy who thought it would be a good idea to brainwash millions of people into a religion that is absolute crap. If God wanted everyone to love his creations, then he wouldn't have created homosexual people in the first place. I don't know about you Christians, but this God guy sounds like a jerk, so why would you follow him? Homosexual people are the same as you and I, except they love a person of the same gender, so why should that be such a bad thing? Love is love, and if the person you love ends up being someone of the same sex, who cares?

That guy who you call a jerk is GOD! He created you! With out god you wouldn't be here, god could of created earth with no color, nature, or anything happy/ beautiful/ or nothing to enjoy, but did he? NO! He made life happy and enjoyable for man!

- - - Updated - - -

Why do people believe The Bible and follow the book like it's a manual for life? The Bible is full of lies and assumptions made by a random guy who thought it would be a good idea to brainwash millions of people into a religion that is absolute crap. If God wanted everyone to love his creations, then he wouldn't have created homosexual people in the first place. I don't know about you Christians, but this God guy sounds like a jerk, so why would you follow him? Homosexual people are the same as you and I, except they love a person of the same gender, so why should that be such a bad thing? Love is love, and if the person you love ends up being someone of the same sex, who cares?

Also read the bible before you talk bad about it!!!!!!!!

AngelSwag
02-22-2014, 02:01 AM
One thing that has bugged me a lot is, People discriminating others because of their faith, preference in gender and their race.
I find it sick. That people discriminate people because of their qualitys.
Today I was hanging out in Sochi.. When iConstruct decided to pull me..
iConstruct: Hey look! I found a wild idiot!
Mitcho: Did your mum buy you a mirror?
Cory(Random Numbers ) enterd:
Cory: MITCHO GAYYY..

So cory has been bugging me for a while. I know I can use the /ignore button but I want to know what he is saying..
iConstruct and me got into a huge battle aginst discrimination.. iConstruct and Cory keep saying that being gay is wrong and other stuff.. I took some screenies..
Anyway, I was trying to explain that god might not be real and that its wrong to judge people based on a " book " made hundreds of years ago? I am bad at explaning so you might not get it.

Hmm, you called the bible "stupid"? You're really going to expect someone to accept your belief if you don't accept theirs?

Legoaddict
02-22-2014, 02:03 AM
Like I said, I'm not saying I hate gays, It's just the bible says its wrong and I strongly agree with the bible

Wether you like it or not, there will always be gays on this planet. There is no way you can change them. Gays don't just become gay or think "Hey I'm gonna go and sleep with a man!". They are born knowing that. It's like how you were born just naturally being straight, it's just that they are born likening the same gender. It's not a decision, it is more like a gut feeling that you could never change, even if you try your hardest. They shouldn't be discriminated for being born that way. I mean you wouldn't make fun of someone with Progeria. Sure, the bible says that it is wrong, but the church now says it is right. As I said before, religion changes along side with society, making the bible not 100% accurate.

Kaotic
02-22-2014, 02:04 AM
Should have posted this in the drama section, this topic is very controversial.

iConstruct
02-22-2014, 02:05 AM
Wether you like it or not, there will always be gays on this planet. There is no way you can change them. Gays don't just become gay or think "Hey I'm gonna go and sleep with a man!". They are born knowing that. It's like how you were born just naturally being straight, it's just that they are born likening the same gender. It's not a decision, it is more like a gut feeling that you could never change, even if you try your hardest. They shouldn't be discriminated for being born that way. I mean you wouldn't make fun of someone with Progeria. Sure, the bible says that it is wrong, but the church now says it is right. As I said before, religion changes along side with society, making the bible not 100% accurate.

It is 100% right and it always will be! And there not born that way it is a feeling they have!

jairrocket
02-22-2014, 02:05 AM

There are many different religions. Only some of them have things that they HAVE to do. This game is open to the world. They all follow different religions. There is not "The Bible" necessarily. There are bibles corresponding to the religion at hand. So we honestly shouldn't be discussing religions, because all of us have different beliefs. It will only lead to debates and fights down the road. There has already been the expansion of something that the Devs were uneasy about, which was dating worlds. It's a video game, not an online dating site! If everyone fights about religions, prejudice will start. People will start to hate others with different beliefs. We also shouldn't discuss homosexuality on here. It's a childrens game. Of course, if people stopped asking for, and sharing, personal information, this wouldn't be a problem. You don't know who's sitting behind that screen, until they share, or you ask.

Mitcho123
02-22-2014, 02:12 AM
^ ^
| |

Greatly worded.
The bible is a " book" made hundreds of years ago. I find it silly on how people believe in it.. But I would never EVER judge people based on their faith, preference or colour.
Kill me. I'am buddist. Kill my friends. They are jewish. Kill the four gay kids that just want to make friends. Kill 70% of the world. Yeah. They are not Christan. Kill the four grade ones that laughed at a bald man.

- - - Updated - - -

Gay people are born that way. They are unique. The reason people think its a feeling is because they never tell anyone because they will be judged. And I am NOT Gay.
Oh wait. It says to kill a whole town if one person does not belive in the " All Mighty Lord "..
So I bet you everything I have that there is not one town in the world that follow the same religion.

Legoaddict
02-22-2014, 02:13 AM
It is 100% right and it always will be! And there not born that way it is a feeling they have!

The bible should not be the exact way you should live your life, but a roadmap of how to improve it and be somewhat like Jesus himself. For the not being born that way part, it might seem that it is a choice, but it is not. They ARE born with it but don't realize it until later in their life. It takes an even longer time to come out about it. With courage like that, they shouldn't be mistreated. They should be honored. I am Christian, but I support gays. For school, I read a magnificent book about homosexuals. They talked about dealing with homosexuality and how they constantly are victims to discrimination. Like you, I thought being gay was a sin, but after reading the book, I realized how hard it was to be born like that and actually having the courage to have pride in who you are, and what you believed in.

Solorien
02-22-2014, 02:14 AM
Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and EVERYONE needs to be respectful toward other people. Disagree if you want, but do it respectfully, without name calling, or you WILL receive an infraction.

iConstruct
02-22-2014, 02:17 AM
Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and EVERYONE needs to be respectful toward other people. Disagree if you want, but do it respectfully, without name calling, or you WILL receive an infraction.

See, I'm not bullying, I'm saying my beliefs. So are you guys, but when you guys say the bible is a stupid old book, that's offends me.

GBAGamer
02-22-2014, 02:17 AM
Lol you do know that the bible was made by people.not by god ._.

iConstruct
02-22-2014, 02:19 AM
It was written by men through god!

iConstruct
02-22-2014, 02:22 AM
It was made by a man who apparently met God (or was God in a human body, there's too many variations, so I forget) and was told to write The Bible as God said. Funny story actually, because once he had finished wiring this so-called Bible, his Wife teared out a page of the book and asked her Husband to rewrite it exactly as it was. He failed doing so.

May I ask where you learned this?

Tugg Speedman
02-22-2014, 02:26 AM
It was made by a man who apparently met God (or was God in a human body, there's too many variations, so I forget) and was told to write The Bible as God said. Funny story actually, because once he had finished wiring this so-called Bible, his Wife tore out a page of the book and asked her Husband to rewrite it exactly as it was. He failed doing so.

Sir, I'd really like it if you provide a source of where you find this because this statement, for the lack of a better word, is really foolish.

Respectfully, Tugg.

GBAGamer
02-22-2014, 02:26 AM
Ok um icon this is crazy. But here's my number. so call me baby :3

I luv you

Mitcho123
02-22-2014, 02:27 AM
May I ask where you learned this?

Okay. If you belive in the " All mighty, Protecter of humans, Saviour of the world, GOD "
Make him show up. Give me proof that he is alive.

Legoaddict
02-22-2014, 02:28 AM
iConstruct, you are still missing the point, sure the bible is very accurate in terms of the way Christian humans should live their life, but society is constantly changing. Let's say adultery. You see many people today who get divorced. The word Divorced is even in the dictionary. It's considered a normal thing to divorce now a days because of how society changed it. I'm not saying that divorcing is the right thing to do, I believe that they should work out their differences, but this is just an example. If religion ruled over society, then divorces would be nonexistent and thus the word would have never made its way to the dictionary.

iConstruct
02-22-2014, 02:28 AM
It was made by a man who apparently met God (or was God in a human body, there's too many variations, so I forget) and was told to write The Bible as God said. Funny story actually, because once he had finished wiring this so-called Bible, his Wife tore out a page of the book and asked her Husband to rewrite it exactly as it was. He failed doing so.

Funny how he won't tell us where he learned this, cause he made it up!

Legoaddict
02-22-2014, 02:29 AM
Okay. If you belive in the " All mighty, Protecter of humans, Saviour of the world, GOD "
Make him show up. Give me proof that he is alive.

God is not a person, nor a thing. It has no gender, nor race. It is a spirit. Just to clarify.

iConstruct
02-22-2014, 02:31 AM
God is not a person, nor a thing. It has no gender, nor race. It is a spirit. Just to clarify.

You've seen god? How do you know this than.

DeathSkull
02-22-2014, 02:37 AM

God is a person and a thing and a spirit. End of discussion. :prophet:

- - - Updated - - -

How can you believe in something you have never seen, nor know that he is real or actually exists. It's very silly, because it's like saying your God is Dora the Explorer. Sure, you've seen her on TV and in pictures, but you've never seen her in real life, nor has anyone else (and people from AC don't count, if he can show himself then, why can't he show himself now? As for the link of the story, I am unable to find it, however I will keep looking. The story was from my father who had seen several links and stories about it, whether or not it is true I do not know, but I would rather believe that small story over thousands of lies and God and the religion or Christianity.

Don't worry, you'll find out ONE day that HE is real :)

Good day :hat:

jairrocket
02-22-2014, 02:39 AM
^ ^
| |

Greatly worded.
The bible is a " book" made hundreds of years ago. I find it silly on how people believe in it.. But I would never EVER judge people based on their faith, preference or colour.
Kill me. I'am buddist. Kill my friends. They are jewish. Kill the four gay kids that just want to make friends. Kill 70% of the world. Yeah. They are not Christan. Kill the four grade ones that laughed at a bald man.

- - - Updated - - -

Gay people are born that way. They are unique. The reason people think its a feeling is because they never tell anyone because they will be judged. And I am NOT Gay.
Oh wait. It says to kill a whole town if one person does not belive in the " All Mighty Lord "..
So I bet you everything I have that there is not one town in the world that follow the same religion.

Yes, I understand your post. I am not stating if I am religious or not. I'm not saying I think it's silly if people do or don't believe it. Again, personal information issues. That's why this create so much fighting. You are very right though, you shouldn't judge people based on their looks, beliefs, or preferences. After knowing someone, it is ok to judge. The problem people get mixed with, is judging, and condemning. Judging someone is your honest opinion on hat you hunk of them, just don't be too quick to judge. Condemning somebody, I think, is wrong.

An example condemnation- "You are a jerk, scammer, and you're stupid. You will always be this way, and can't change. This is a fact. You are like this." <--

Good thing I haven't seen anyone say something quite that bad. I think everyone has room to change and/or improve.

Tugg Speedman
02-22-2014, 02:41 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen, let's just say God, whoever you worship is a belief because everyone has different beliefs and as long as there's not a solid evidence about their existences, they'll be consider as a belief.

Respectfully, Tugg.

DeathSkull
02-22-2014, 02:42 AM
God is a figment of someone's imagination, who took things a little too far and brainwashed millions of people into thinking that God is a real thing, and that you should follow what he says and does. You can call me a Satanist, The Devil or even Lucifer himself, but that too is also bullcrap, so your religious insults will not, and do not offend me.

Prove it then. How do you explain every tree, every piece of grass, every mankind. Oh how about this, THEN HOW DID MANKIND GET CREATED THEN? Because, God created them! Even scientists knows God is real.

Legoaddict
02-22-2014, 02:44 AM
You've seen god? How do you know this than.

No, I have not seen God… God can only be found spiritually. Here's some things from a bible studiers from Harvard.

"Man lives in the physical and psychological realms, but God is in the spiritual realm. Therefore, man cannot physically sense or logically prove God, but we are not saying that it is impossible to contact God or to verify His existence. No! It is possible when we use the right organ. Whoever seeks Him will find Him.

As we have pointed out, God is Spirit. God desires that man contact Him; this is why He made man with three parts--body, soul, and spirit. The body is for contacting the physical world, such as sights, sounds, tangible objects, etc. The soul, with which we think, feel, and decide, is for contacting the things of the psychological world. But it is the human spirit which is created especially for contacting God the Spirit. Although we have used our physical senses and psychological abilities all our lives, most people have never used their spirit. The human spirit is similar in nature to the Spirit of God. Just as a light bulb shines when it is in contact with the generator through the transmission line, even so, when we contact God the Spirit with our human spirit, we get filled with God and God may shine through us. Once we touch God in this way, nobody can convince us that God does not exist. At that moment, we not only know that God exists but we believe and He is real to us. This is not blind faith, but seeing faith. It is no longer a philosophical question but a firsthand experience."

The website is here = http://www.hcs.harvard.edu/~acf/faq01.html

DeathSkull
02-22-2014, 02:45 AM
No thanks, I like having freedom and being able to live my life as I would like to. Going to church every Sunday, praying everyday to a God that I've never met before and living to a set of strict biased rules are not things that I would like to spend the rest of my life doing. God seems like a real jerk anyway (unnecessary killing, etc), so why would I do so much for him, when I could be respecting other people or even myself.

No, i don't go to church a lot, its not about church or praying everyday. You don't have to set a strict rule. I don't. Live the life you want :) Thats what i do. My church has no strict rules, you dont have to pray everyday or even at all if you want to. He kills people so the world won't overflow with population and sometimes its because he wants to teach people that HE IS REAL!!!

minha1234
02-22-2014, 02:46 AM
iConstruct, stop trying to force your beliefs onto other people. They will believe what they wish, and if they disagree with you, you shouldn't continue to make them believe as you do.

The Bible is a book made by man that people can choose to believe, or not. I agree that it is quite strict, and even as a Christian, I agree that I don't believe every single passage written inside of it (perhaps I'm leaning towards agnosticism, :/).

Anyway, the fact that the Bible is against homosexuality isn't a justification for discriminating them. If who they are and what they do does not affect you or your life, I don't see why you're so against it to the point that you're almost making fun of them.

iConstruct
Prove it then. How do you explain every tree, every piece of grass, every mankind. Oh how about this, THEN HOW DID MANKIND GET CREATED THEN? Because, God created them! Even scientists knows God is real.

Exactly!!!!!!

Legoaddict
Ladies and Gentlemen, let's just say God, whoever you worship is a belief because everyone has different beliefs and as long as there's not a solid evidence about their existences, they'll be consider as a belief.

Respectfully, Tugg.

Indeed. Religions are beliefs. We need a way to live life and different beliefs come together as a compilation of beliefs. Also called a religion.

Mitcho123
02-22-2014, 02:48 AM
That seems like an awful lot of killing, especially coming from The Bible of someone (God) who is supposed to be almighty and reasonable. Killing someone because they're not a virgin on their wedding night or because they don't believe in God? That is unbelievable. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't there a rule in the bible that states murder is also punishable? If that is true, shouldn't God and his legionnaire of Priests and Believers be dead by now?

45% of couples in Usa get divorced. Also it sayd:
If one person in a town does not believe in the almighty lord, All the town people die.
So every in the world would be dead ._. Great thinking god!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and yes! Murder is a capital punishment death in Christianity. So your killing your own people for keeping the law..

Legoaddict
02-22-2014, 02:48 AM
iConstruct, stop trying to force your beliefs onto other people.

Agreed. This thread has so much bias that it is as if he is trying to convert people into Christians.

iConstruct
02-22-2014, 02:49 AM
iConstruct, stop trying to force your beliefs onto other people. They will believe what they wish, and if they disagree with you, you shouldn't continue to make them believe as you do.

The Bible is a book made by man that people can choose to believe, or not. I agree that it is quite strict, and even as a Christian, I agree that I don't believe every single passage written inside of it (perhaps I'm leaning towards agnosticism, :/).

Anyway, the fact that the Bible is against homosexuality isn't a justification for discriminating them. If who they are and what they do does not affect you or your life, I don't see why you're so against it to the point that you're almost making fun of them.

I'm forcing ideas into their head? What are they doing than? They're making fun of god, I'm not making fun of anyone.

Tugg Speedman
Indeed. Religions are beliefs. We need a way to live life and different beliefs come together as a compilation of beliefs. Also called a religion.

Absolutely, my dear.

Respectfully, Tugg.

GBAGamer
Mitt romney hates gays....Guess what...That ruined his chance for being a president x3

minha1234
02-22-2014, 02:51 AM
I'm forcing ideas into their head? What are they doing than? They're making fun of god, I'm not making fun of anyone.

They're not making fun of god, they're being skeptical about god's existence. It seems as if you're making fun of homosexuality and people who believe it/or even people who defend it.

You're forcing your beliefs onto them by continuing to claim that god is existent and calling out anyone who believes differently.

Legoaddict
02-22-2014, 02:51 AM

No one is making fun of God, we are just disagreeing with some parts of the bible.

iConstruct
02-22-2014, 02:56 AM
I'm not just gonna shut up because some people are telling me too, I'm will preach and I won't stop. Mods can ban me, I'll still preach. I won't bully, but yes, I will preach. My religion is Jehovah's Witnesses. (Jehovah is gods name.) And if you would like to know more about my religion I encourage you to visit jw.org.

AngelSwag
02-22-2014, 02:57 AM
God is a figment of someone's imagination, who took things a little too far and brainwashed millions of people into thinking that God is a real thing, and that you should follow what he says and does. You can call me a Satanist, The Devil or even Lucifer himself, but that too is also bullcrap, so your religious insults will not, and do not offend me.
How was that an insult? He simply just said that God is a human, a spirit, and a thing...

Mitcho123
02-22-2014, 03:02 AM
To the guys that think " God " made the world.. Let me take you on a trip..
Back in the old days, The people did not know how the world was made. They were afraid people would start questioning their rule so they made religion. But. In the future scientists knew that a magical being made a whole universe so they tried to find out how thr world was made. Some cells mixed with others. Cells combined and made gases and other forms. Gases grew into solids.. And so on.

iConstruct
02-22-2014, 03:03 AM
Why do people believe The Bible and follow the book like it's a manual for life? The Bible is full of lies and assumptions made by a random guy who thought it would be a good idea to brainwash millions of people into a religion that is absolute crap. If God wanted everyone to love his creations, then he wouldn't have created homosexual people in the first place. I don't know about you Christians, but this God guy sounds like a jerk, so why would you follow him?

I'm pretty sure this is making fun of.

AngelSwag
02-22-2014, 03:07 AM
To the guys that think " God " made the world.. Let me take you on a trip..
Back in the old days, The people did not know how the world was made. They were afraid people would start questioning their rule so they made religion. But. In the future scientists knew that a magical being made a whole universe so they tried to find out how thr world was made. Some cells mixed with others. Cells combined and made gases and other forms. Gases grew into solids.. And so on.

That doesn't explain how grass was made, how humans were made, how animals were made, how trees were made, how dinosaurs were made, and how many things were made...I don't have a problem with you if you don't believe in god, but I will have a problem with you if you ever insult god.

iConstruct
02-22-2014, 03:10 AM
That doesn't explain how grass was made, how humans were made, how animals were made, how trees were made, how dinosaurs were made, and how many things were made...I don't have a problem with you if you don't believe in god, but I will have a problem with you if you ever insult god.

Read the 58th post on this page...

GBAGamer
02-22-2014, 03:11 AM

its not that i dont believe in god #Amen! But the universe is infinite Anything can happen

It all started with a big bang! (Sponser)

iConstruct
02-22-2014, 03:12 AM
its not that i dont believe in god #Amen! But the universe is infinite Anything can happen

So who created the universe?

Mitcho123
02-22-2014, 03:12 AM
No one. Its called Science.

AngelSwag
02-22-2014, 03:13 AM
No thanks, I like having freedom and being able to live my life as I would like to. Going to church every Sunday, praying everyday to a God that I've never met before and living to a set of strict biased rules are not things that I would like to spend the rest of my life doing. God seems like a real jerk anyway (unnecessary killing, etc), so why would I do so much for him, when I could be respecting other people or even myself.

Who said you can't respect other people, yourself, and God? Hahaha, how do you know what kind of personalities God has? Jumping to conlusions too fast?

Mitcho123
02-22-2014, 03:14 AM
I'm pretty sure this is making fun of.

Well.. God is a hyporict.
Making fun of? You were making fun of gays.. How would you feel if being hetro was wrong.
If being gay was the right thing. How would you feel if people teased you for being hetro all day?

GBAGamer
02-22-2014, 03:14 AM
Who said you can't respect other people, yourself, and God? Hahaha, how do you know what kind of personalities God has? Jumping to conlusions too fast?

Uh not to like be a jerk or anything but does hell have tv?

AngelSwag
02-22-2014, 03:15 AM

Anything can happen? Can a puffy nyan cat just spawn in the universe and start pooping out rainbows?

- - - Updated - - -

Uh not to like be a jerk or anything but does hell have tv?

.________.

Legoaddict
02-22-2014, 03:16 AM
Okay. Lets step away from the religious part of this argument. iConstruct, you assumed that Mitcho was gay. That alone is bullying. This is what started it. You should at least apologize for just assuming that he is gay without solid evidence.

GBAGamer
02-22-2014, 03:16 AM
Anything can happen? Can a puffy nyan cat just spawn in the universe and start pooping out rainbows?

Nyan cat is a fictional character. ._.

AngelSwag
02-22-2014, 03:17 AM
Read the 58th post on this page...

May I know why?

Pentonix
That's you opinion, and even though your religion has many flaws and loopholes, I will respect it to a certain degree. Now that we've heard all about your opinion about God and how we were made, it is now my turn. I believe that we were created by a source of energy. Our bodies may be made out of flesh and blood, but our soul and mind are energy. The world as we know it and everything and everyone inside are also made out of energy. As for our God, we are our own gods, as we can control what our actions, and what we say and do. If we want to run, we can run. If we want to eat, we can eat. If we want to talk, we can talk, and etc. Also, I have indeed read The Bible as part of a homework assignment for school, and I have to say that majority of the stuff in The Bible is biased and incorrect.

You do know that the a lot of the stuff in there isn't meant to
be taken literally, right?

AngelSwag
Nyan cat is a fictional character. ._.

Anything can happen, right?

GBAGamer
02-22-2014, 03:18 AM
Anything can happen, right?

Well not anything. Anything SCIENTIFICCCCCCCCCCC but a puffy nyan cat culd be awesome

AngelSwag
02-22-2014, 03:19 AM
Okay. Lets step away from the religious part of this argument. iConstruct, you assumed that Mitcho was gay. That alone is bullying. This is what started it. You should at least apologize for just assuming that he is gay without solid evidence.

Hahaha, well shouldn't Mitcho apoligize for calling the Bible stupid?

- - - Updated - - -

Well not anything. Anything SCIENTIFICCCCCCCCCCC but a puffy nyan cat culd be awesome

That's why you need to be more specific, and totalleh! I'd love a puffy nyan cat pooping out rainbows everywhere!

Tugg Speedman
02-22-2014, 03:20 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Sir, the thing is, the modern Science has more evidence of the existence of life than religion. Now, this doesn't mean religions are completely flawed but let's just respect each other's belief and express our opinion in a well-mannered way.

Respectfully, Tugg.

JordanDuke2
02-22-2014, 03:21 AM
I don't believe being gay is right either. Think about it. If you put the batteries in the remote + with + and - with - will the remote turn the tv on? No. Same with male and male and female and female. It's not right. Why do you think we make a big deal about gay people coming out? It's not natural. We make a big deal about peculiar things and unnatural things. Things outside the box. No one makes a big deal about a baby with two arms and two legs because it's natural and it's right. We make a big deal about homosexuality because it's unnatural and it's not right. Think about this... If animals know. The dumbest animal in the world, being the ostrich, knows not to mate with same sex, how stupid does that make us as humans look? I do not at all hate gay people. I hate their lifestyle. I love the person. Not the sin. Thank you.

MightyBOOSH
02-22-2014, 03:21 AM
Yet, its perfectly fine to judge and discriminate someone that isn't pro-LGBT? That's hypocracy; asking for tolerance you will not display in return, and that goes to both sides. The anti-LGBT community will not tolerate the pro-LGBT community and the pro-LGBT community will not tolerate the anti-LGBT community, yet both ask...no...demand respect...well neither of you will receive any, at least not from me. All this constant whining just makes people that aren't prejudice either way grow resentful from being told about the same things over and over again everywhere they turn. On the news, in the music, on the tv shows, in the movies, and now its making its way into a video game that should have nothing to do with the subject. Too many people are afraid to say "shut it" to anyone whining about "LGBT rights" out of fear of being accused as being whatever, regardless of which side they seem to stand on the "issue". Prejudice happens and it won't go away, and what is truly ironic about it? Its not going away is because of people whinning about "being judged and discriminated against"...CONSTANTLY...ON BOTH SIDES...and resentment turns to prejudice...thus COUNTER-PRODUCTIVE. Example: Gangnam Style...yes...Gangnam Style...there were people that loved it (probably still do) and people that despised it (probably still do) and then those that really din't care and just let people Gangnam Style all they wanted to. But, eventually, they couldn't go about their day without coming across Gangnam Style, so they grew resentful of it, eventually hating it in the end, while those that had their friends bashing it all the time got sick of the negativity and hated their friends for going on and on about how much they hated it. The same effect applies to any split-subject. Both sides are being disrespectful towards this community as a whole by dragging this side-baiting argument amongst us all. So, what is the answer to fix this mess? LEAVE PEOPLE ALONE. SHOW RESPECT regardless of where you stand on the subject and you will have earned respect in that moment.

iConstruct
02-22-2014, 03:22 AM

I never said he was gay! That was Cory237!

AngelSwag
02-22-2014, 03:23 AM
Sir, the thing is, the modern Science has more evidence of the existence of life than religion. Now, this doesn't mean religions are completely flawed but let's just respect each other's belief and express our opinion in a well-mannered way.

Respectfully, Tugg.

I do respect religious beliefs, but I can't handle it when others don't. Like Mitcho, he called the Bible stupid. Btw, may I know how people were created according to Modern science, please (confused...)?

Edwardson97
02-22-2014, 03:27 AM
I don't like gays, but I hang out with a few. But I try to change them.

iConstruct
02-22-2014, 03:28 AM
I do respect religious beliefs, but I can't handle it when others don't. Like Mitcho, he called the Bible stupid. Btw, may I know how people were created according to Modern science, please (confused...)?

Ikr! Mitcho is saying we're bullies when he's calling the bible stupid and god a hypocrite!

GBAGamer
02-22-2014, 03:30 AM
Ikr! Mitcho is saying we're bullies when he's calling the bible stupid and god a hypocrite!

Its his opinion. No neeed to lash out on him like he just killed a few people

Mitcho123
02-22-2014, 03:32 AM

I never said the bible was stupid. I said I think its silly. And, God is a hypocrite.
He says murderers must die. Shouldn't the person that kills the murder die to? And what about the man that kills the man that killed the murder..
And divorcement? 45% of couples divorce every year. So three years, In a way every one in the usa would be dead.

Tugg Speedman
02-22-2014, 03:32 AM

Well sir, Homosapiens or life in general came to existence because of the good condition on Earth, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth. There's more to it than this, but let's just respect each other's religion, and there's a thing called "voicing an opinion".

Respectfully, Tugg.

Shikaru
02-22-2014, 03:35 AM
Well this escalated quickly. Imma just sit and watch as I have no roght nor do I know what to post..

Mahatma
02-22-2014, 03:37 AM
To all you God defenders. I am a follower of Yah-Wei too. If you have read through the holy scriptures, you would know. God does not care to have him glorified. He will not be happy with self-praise. All he wants is for us to treat each other right. He finds joy and is joyous when we treat each other correctly. When, we treat each other equal. When, we praise man.

To all you science defenders. Science might overrule us today. Even so, there are countless things we can't solve. How did the stars before the big bang get there? How did the entities of matter get there? Science can't solve everything, you know. Belief brings hope, belief brings light.

To all you trollers. Just leave. You might think you are funny. Other people might think you are funny. However, this thread is not the time and place for those trolls. Leave, and let this thread die out. Go flame some other thread.

DeathSkull

Same here.... and it really no offense but thats the stupidest theory I've ever heard....I agree with AngelSwag 1000000%

GBAGamer
Just a little question Does hell have computers or ipads? Cus i waan play growtopia down there

Legoaddict
02-22-2014, 03:38 AM
Exactly, I wasn't saying that I hate gays and stuff, I said that the bible says its wrong.

Hate=Discrimination=Bullying. Yes you are technically cyber bullying gays.

iConstruct
02-22-2014, 03:41 AM
Hate=Discrimination=Bullying. Yes you are technically cyber bullying gays.

And saying gods a hypocrite isn't?

- - - Updated - - -

Just a little question Does hell have computers or ipads? Cus i waan play growtopia down there

There's no such thing as he'll.

KillerXD
02-22-2014, 03:42 AM
Don't worry, you'll find out ONE day that HE is real :)

Good day :hat:

Can we please just separate religion from mixing in with games and stop fighting? Because this is what exactly happened during the Crusades.

Legoaddict
02-22-2014, 03:42 AM
This thread isn't even constructive arguing.
We are just yelling out what we believe in.
We have nothing to back up what we are saying except the your beliefs.
http://img.pandawhale.com/27717-Zelda-Abandon-thread-gif-LwhD.gif

iConstruct
02-22-2014, 03:44 AM
This thread isn't even constructive arguing.
We are just yelling out what we believe in.
We have nothing to back up what we are saying except the your beliefs.
http://img.pandawhale.com/27717-Zelda-Abandon-thread-gif-LwhD.gif

You may not but I do.

Shikaru
02-22-2014, 03:45 AM

- - - Updated - - -

So. You Are a Christian that doesn't believe in hell? Nice logic...and this will be my only comment on the matter..

Tugg Speedman
02-22-2014, 03:46 AM
You may not but I do.

Sir, all you're doing is disagreeing with people.

Respectfully, Tugg.

Alien
02-22-2014, 04:08 AM
What a surprise! Didn't expect a topic like this to derail.../s
I'm on a throwaway account, so here are my two cents:

First, on the topic of the original subject, somebody decided to use the word "gay" as derogatory. Now is this wrong? Of course it is, but that's life. My guess is that the young (who knows could be an adult) preteen/adolescent (most likely), is used to the societal norms of "gay-bashing" and is so desensitized by the frequent use of the word, most of the time incorrectly to denote stupid, that he doesn't realize how many people are offended by such a comment. Naturally, there are two sides on homosexuality (discounting people on the fence). One side argues that homosexuals are unnatural and sinful due to religious conflicts and/or simple ignorance. The other side is more progressive arguing for the side of equal rights for all regardless of sex, race, sexual orientation, etc. Now based on a few ambiguous lines of a <2000 year old book, millions claim that homosexuality is unnatural and should be condemned. Unfortunately, it is perfectly natural as proved by modern science. Meanwhile, believing in an outdated text for instructions for life is a little reckless, akin to reading an outdated book containing misinformation about "How to drive a car" and expecting the same results.You can debate this point however long you want, but at the end of the day, know that the real truth is that homosexuality is natural. Using old books and false reasons to support bigoted claims never works out too well. Last time an issue about equality was prominent, the color issue, the traditionalists recanted their positions. Looking back at that time, people agree that segregation was bad, yet the same people deny equal rights to many other people...hypocrisy at its finest. See, people are scared of change and losing power. Like it or not someone has to be the scapegoat. It's a cycle. Be open-minded, break the cycle.

iConstruct
02-22-2014, 04:18 AM
What a surprise! Didn't expect a topic like this to derail.../s
I'm on a throwaway account, so here are my two cents:

First, on the topic of the original subject, somebody decided to use the word "gay" as derogatory. Now is this wrong? Of course it is, but that's life. My guess is that the young (who knows could be an adult) preteen/adolescent (most likely), is used to the societal norms of "gay-bashing" and is so desensitized by the frequent use of the word, most of the time incorrectly to denote stupid, that he doesn't realize how many people are offended by such a comment. Naturally, there are two sides on homosexuality (discounting people on the fence). One side argues that homosexuals are unnatural and sinful due to religious conflicts and/or simple ignorance. The other side is more progressive arguing for the side of equal rights for all regardless of sex, race, sexual orientation, etc. Now based on a few ambiguous lines of a <2000 year old book, millions claim that homosexuality is unnatural and should be condemned. Unfortunately, it is perfectly natural as proved by modern science. Meanwhile, believing in an outdated text for instructions for life is a little reckless, akin to reading an outdated book containing misinformation about "How to drive a car" and expecting the same results.You can debate this point however long you want, but at the end of the day, know that the real truth is that homosexuality is natural. Using old books and false reasons to support bigoted claims never works out too well. Last time an issue about equality was prominent, the color issue, the traditionalists recanted their positions. Looking back at that time, people agree that segregation was bad, yet the same people deny equal rights to many other people...hypocrisy at its finest. See, people are scared of change and losing power. Like it or not someone has to be the scapegoat. It's a cycle. Be open-minded, break the cycle.

Copy and paste much?

Alien
02-22-2014, 04:21 AM
Copy and paste much?

Glad you like my writing so much that you think I plagiarized. Sad that you would assume so.

iConstruct
02-22-2014, 04:23 AM
Glad you like my writing so much that you think I plagiarized. Sad that you would assume so.

Oh don't worry I didn't read it, ain't no body got time for dat.

MarkA
02-22-2014, 04:24 AM
The Bible also states that God lives everyone equally and you should treat others in the way you would want to be treated. Never use the Bible as an excuse against gays if you haven't read it before.

I personally have nothing against gay people. I have a best friend who is gay and I'm still nice to him.

To iConstruct and Cory: What did gay people ever do to you? Just because they have a different sexual preference doesn't mean they are a hazard to society. If you REALLY think this way, then you are being a hazard to yourself.

iConstruct
02-22-2014, 04:32 AM
The Bible also states that God lives everyone equally and you should treat others in the way you would want to be treated. Never use the Bible as an excuse against gays if you haven't read it before.

I personally have nothing against gay people. I have a best friend who is gay and I'm still nice to him.

To iConstruct and Cory: What did gay people ever do to you? Just because they have a different sexual preference doesn't mean they are a hazard to society. If you REALLY think this way, then you are being a hazard to yourself.

Trust me, I've read the bible and it says gay is wrong.

DeathSkull
02-22-2014, 04:36 AM
Trust me, I've read the bible and it says gay is wrong.

I agree with that, but we should still love them just like God does. God loves everyone, non-christians and Christians. :cool:

Alien
02-22-2014, 04:36 AM

Mark, not to mention that people who express the same viewpoint are *the* hazard to society. Spreading hatred, bigotry, intolerance, and ignorance are more harmful to society than their fantastical claims about what hazards homosexuals bring.

Also iConstruct, not reading either? Now I'm just disappointed that you make comments without knowledge. Just kidding, I expected you to do something like that. Just remember in you future, some employer will look at you and say "ain't nobody got time for dat." You know why? Something called arrogance.
Edit: Saw the quote in your sig. Maybe you should listen to your own advice.

Karl0331
02-22-2014, 04:42 AM
Throw that bible away. It's just a strongly-believed myth.

Seabreaze
02-22-2014, 04:48 AM
So after 1500 years you want us to throw away the bible....hmmm interesting idea, and there are plenty historical evidence that the bible is in fact "fact"

MarkA
02-22-2014, 04:56 AM
So after 1500 years you want us to throw away the bible....hmmm interesting idea, and there are plenty historical evidence that the bible is in fact "fact"

Oh come on, not everyone is Christian. Not everybody believes that the Bible is based on true events.

- - - Updated - - -

Throw the bible away? Ugh.

Duannie
02-22-2014, 04:59 AM
Let's assume that whichever God you subscribe to hates homosexuals wouldn't he be more like

'Go forth my children and spread the good word, be loving and understanding to those who do not follow my path for they are lost and in need of a guide'

Instead of

'Go forth my children and laugh and mock at sinners, spit on them and curse then and use my holy book to justify being a dick'

Because your god sounds like a Grade A scumbag.

Seabreaze
02-22-2014, 05:00 AM
Oh come on, not everyone is Christian. Not everybody believes that the Bible is based on true events.

- - - Updated - - -

Throw the bible away? Ugh.

I know just questioning him from my perspective...is that harming you?

Triforce
02-22-2014, 05:30 AM

I agree.

That guy who you call a jerk is GOD! He created you! With out god you wouldn't be here, god could of created earth with no color, nature, or anything happy/ beautiful/ or nothing to enjoy, but did he? NO! He made life happy and enjoyable for man!

- - - Updated - - -

Religion makes people stubborn. I wonder if I will be like this when I grow up?

They aren't making fun of him. They're saying that they believe that he is hypocritical.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you even...

A Christian that doesn't believe in Hell. I'm creating a meme and sending it to my friends.

igood19
02-22-2014, 05:34 AM

Maybe God didn't make people gay but they made that decision themselves.

iCheezGuy aka Cheezguy12
02-22-2014, 05:49 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Please, shut the hell up. People have their OWN beliefs, not everyone has ONE belief. You're making it sound like Christianity is EVERYONE's religion when it ISN'T.

Derpyderp
02-22-2014, 05:53 AM
The bible saying that gays are, you know, bad? I dont think it doesnt mean that

In the book men are treated as the higher being but not as high as god himself
Women are told to be a "subservient to man"? (someone find the verse.)

Should that be there, its supposed to say to not treat men AS women or be (stoned?)

Also if you do believe in the bible wholeheartedly then start stoning those who have sinned
Or kill them, whatever the bible says (as one says if the person should be killed for wearing different kinds of thread in one piece of clothing?)

People who think they are the bible or the priests do think their translation of the bible is to be true
I dont listen

People use the bible to fit to their needs, also bashing other people to make it true
(I.E. westboro baptist church? Calling gays "fags")

Mistranslations mistranslations mistranslations

( Do not expect me to know the bible. I do not believe in Christianity, I will mostly and or make many mistakes for I dont own a bible )
( Forcing everyone to be in your religion ("because god said this religion is the only true religion") should stop )

optimuswhat
02-22-2014, 05:58 AM
This is what, the second religious debate of this month?

Imnice
02-22-2014, 06:05 AM
Why not try to convince them?not rioting about them like they killed their parents,naw you all are Christians and no stereotype,but most Christians love to go against gay rights but look at lesbian &@$&.im no Christian so I don't read the bible,I read the Al-Quran

Jaxx
02-22-2014, 06:20 AM
First off stop discriminating others beliefs.

Look all of you are going way, way to crazy with this stuff. First off God created woman for man. As he saw Adam didn't have any companions.

Look like I Construct said being gay isn't right in most beliefs. I don't make people feel bad I just don't feel it's right. Not to get inappropriate but can man produce with man? Nope, why he made someone of the opposite gender.

Look I forgot who said it but God "does" exist. I literally watched my friend die and come back to life. First thing he woke up and said is "I went to heaven and saw Jesus". He saw his dead family members too waiting for him at the gates.

The Bible also is some random book. It stand for Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth. Yes, it is a manual but most of it is parables and stories of B.C. times.

Look I'll add on way more after I read this whole thing.

*Also Mitch don't make the Bible something it's not. In that picture you showed it said "Kill Homosexuals" but it was the NAB version. Read the King James or Amplified it says something way different. The NAB is not the best version to go by.

DeathSkull
02-22-2014, 06:38 AM
Yes, I'm sorry for what i said about anyones theories. I need to respect what you have to say and respect your beliefs from mine. Hope y'all understand and accept my apology.

~DeathSkull

alias
02-22-2014, 06:56 AM
Who thinks I could get away with posting that,"don't be racist, be like Mario" pic?

DeathSkull
02-22-2014, 07:02 AM
Who thinks I could get away with posting that,"don't be racist, be like Mario" pic?

Eh idk, i wouldn't take a risk though. Just in case.

~DeathSkull

Spotlight
02-22-2014, 07:16 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Personally I'm an atheist, because there is ZERO proof god exists, but I respect other peoples opinions, but I STRONGLY doubt you've read the whole bible

Furious
02-22-2014, 08:05 AM
Gimme proof that god exists or not. Hehe yea you can't prove anything. Nobody yet knows if he exists, but nobody can prove that he doesn't exist.

Takes some popcorn.

Equine
02-22-2014, 08:06 AM
This is why Im not religious, and hate stereotypes. Just because Im suicidal and have depression that I must be emo, when Im not... I wish people could just forget the 'facts' they have learned from word of mouth, media, and so on.

dingle400
02-22-2014, 10:26 AM
Extracts from the Universal Declaration of Human Rights:

Article 2.

Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in lithis Declaration, without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status. Furthermore, no distinction shall be made on the basis of the political, jurisdictional or international status of the country or territory to which a person belongs, whether it be independent, trust, non-self-governing or under any other limitation of sovereignty.

And

Article 7.

All are equal before the law and are entitled without any discrimination to equal protection of the law. All are entitled to equal protection against any discrimination in violation of this Declaration and against any incitement to such discrimination.

The main point from this is that any human shall be free from any form of discrimination.

Article 18.

Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance.

And

Article 19.

Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.

These two articles state that any human (I emphasise the word human as a human is not entirely the same as a person), has the right to believe in what they want with no restrictions and/or discrimination.

Let a man believe in what he wants, if God loves all humans, why would he not like LGBT?

MrHaribo3000
02-22-2014, 10:39 AM
I really hate people who discriminate gays...
I've never told anyone this but one of my brothers is gay and I don't see anything wrong about this he hasn't changed since he told my family he was gay he is still the same person and he always will be no matter what these 'Bible Bashers' say. My family isn't religious. I would post a video that I saw once about gays, lesbians etc. Which was quite inspirational. But I'm on my iPad....

(Sorry if Bible Bashers offended any one...)

dingle400
02-22-2014, 10:49 AM
I really hate people who discriminate gays...
I've never told anyone this but one of my brothers is gay and I don't see anything wrong about this he hasn't changed since he told my family he was gay he is still the same person and he always will be no matter what these 'Bible Bashers' say. My family isn't religious. I would post a video that I saw once about gays, lesbians etc. Which was quite inspirational. But I'm on my iPad....

(Sorry if Bible Bashers offended any one...

I hate discrimination in any form. I try to be a man of the people.

My country (New Zealand) supposedly has an open mind to LGBT people, but as with anywhere there is always "gay-hate".

QuitePrimula
02-22-2014, 11:01 AM
Exactly, I wasn't saying that I hate gags and stuff, I said that the bible says its wrong.

You know what? Bible never gets wrong (I'm a Christian, so I keep believing that they are the words of God). That's why it's invented, because it is useful if you got problems.

(And I don't get it. Why DID you say "Bible says its wrong"?)

dingle400
02-22-2014, 11:33 AM
You know what? Bible never gets wrong (I'm a Christian, so I keep believing that they are the words of God). That's why it's invented, because it is useful if you got problems.

(And I don't get it. Why DID you say "Bible says its wrong"?)

He means that the bible state that being gay is wrong.

I haven't read the bible so I can't really say much.

AngelSwag
02-22-2014, 02:29 PM
Well sir, Homosapiens or life in general came to existence because of the good condition on Earth, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth. There's more to it than this, but let's just respect each other's religion, and there's a thing called "voicing an opinion".

Respectfully, Tugg.

Now I guess I'll respect your belief, considering the fact that the wikipedia can be wrong. People can edit it. So I'll accept your belief if you respect mine.:cool:

iConstruct
02-22-2014, 02:34 PM
I'll received an "infraction" for "bullying" people. May I ask how saying gods a hypocrite isn't bullying?

AngelSwag
02-22-2014, 02:38 PM
Personally I'm an atheist, because there is ZERO proof god exists, but I respect other peoples opinions, but I STRONGLY doubt you've read the whole bible

Go on youtube and check videos of people dying and coming to life. They have lots of experience with Heaven or Hell. I don't expect you to believe in God, but I do expect you to accept our beliefs.

Tohru
02-22-2014, 02:49 PM
Let's just say that some people are very religious. Keep to your own beliefs and respect other's beliefs. We can't change all of other people's beliefs, so quit trying (unless it is something...bad, not based on religion, etc.)

AlphaMale (AKA CrimsonEagle), the Bible is something that people believe in. You have your own beliefs, don't you? How would you like it if I said something bad about YOUR beliefs? How would you feel? Exactly.

To everyone else, respect other people's beliefs. There are hundreds of different religions, beliefs, etc. We don't need to argue about them. Accept and respect. If you don't like somebody's culture, then keep that to yourself and don't discriminate them.

Love can go on forever, and that is what I believe. Nothing is wrong with someone the same gender liking somebody else, at least, to me. Let's not get all religious; we don't want somebody to explode.

Mitcho, next time, change the title into something appropriate. Kids are everywhere, and we definitely do not want them wandering around and using the word in public. Try to use more appropriate words and use pictures that don't have the words in there.

Right now, all we are doing is debating on which is true. We DON'T need this. We should let other people believe. Sometimes, letting other people believe in something helps in many ways. We should get this arguement over with. We shouldn't even be HAVING this debate.

If you're one of those people who don't believe in God, then don't say anything about him. There are very religious people out there. As I've said, respect and accept them.

You guys should just calm down. Don't critize other people's beliefs, because I think you wouldn't want that. It's okay to defend your beliefs, but try quieting down and not doing it. Arguements like these make enemies, and we don't want that, do we (except for AlphaWolf, AKA CrimsonEagle)?

Emidancer
02-22-2014, 03:01 PM
I forgot whose, but I know that iConstruct scammed somebody's 200 World Locks!!! He has bad self esteem, and should be banned.

Tohru
02-22-2014, 03:05 PM
I forgot whose, but I know that iConstruct scammed somebody's 200 World Locks!!! He has bad self esteem, and should be banned.

Huh, it seems like you're shaming iConstruct for life! He shouldn't be banned. You know scammers can change. Take JakeShore for example (sorry Jakey if I use your name too much).

So what if he scammed? Sure, he might've broken somebody's heart, but he can change. He should not be banned (and I don't have any friendship with him).

iConstruct
02-22-2014, 03:12 PM

That's a lie!!!! Coolse7 got mad at me because I didn't give him access to my world so he started a rumor that I scam 200 wls!! It's not true!!!!

AngelSwag
02-22-2014, 03:15 PM

Hahaha, trying to frame someone? Idiot, back up some evidence to your post, why don't you? Maybe because you're trying to frame him?

iConstruct
02-22-2014, 03:15 PM
Go on youtube and check videos of people dying and coming to life. They have lots of experience with Heaven or Hell. I don't expect you to believe in God, but I do expect you to accept our beliefs.

You know that there's a such thing as photo shot right? You can't just see something and believe it, especially from the internet.

AngelSwag
02-22-2014, 03:17 PM
That's a lie!!!! Coolse7 got mad at me because I didn't give him access to my world so he started a rumor that I scam 200 wls!! It's not true!!!!

We know dude, calm down...:cool:

- - - Updated - - -

You know that there's a such thing as photo shot right? You can't just see something and believe it, especially from the internet.

People die and come to life though, you know that right? They tell you some of their experience, if you watch history channel or youtube. As Jaxx (sorry if I spelled your name wrong)said, his friend died and came back to life...

iConstruct
02-22-2014, 03:22 PM
We know dude, calm down...:cool:

- - - Updated - - -

People die and come to life though, you know that right? They tell you some of their experience, if you watch history channel or youtube. As Jaxx (sorry if I spelled your name wrong)said, his friend died and came back to life...

Back than people died and come back to life and soon, god will resurrect all people who have died ( except for a few bad people. Like Adam and Eve.) and everyone will live on a paradise earth. Death will be no more, neither will mourning nor pian nor death will be anymore, the former things have passed away. -revelation 21:4
But I don't believe people die and come back to life now days.

AngelSwag
02-22-2014, 03:24 PM
Back than people died and come back to life and soon, god will resurrect all people who have died ( except for a few bad people. Like Adam and Eve.) and everyone will live on a paradise earth. Death will be no more, neither will mourning nor pian nor death will be anymore, the former things have passed away. -revelation 21:4
But I don't believe people die and come back to life now days.

See, you're saying it yourself that God exists, but you still were arguing with me about God giving life back to others?

iConstruct
02-22-2014, 03:27 PM
See, you're saying it yourself that God exists, but you still were arguing with me about God giving life back to others?

God and Jesus will be resurrecting people in the future but not now.

Alien
02-22-2014, 03:27 PM
Tohru,
Sometimes you have to challenge beliefs. If no one ever did so, humanity would be in a state of disrepair. If people out there believe that certain people don't deserve to live or deserve respect, that belief needs to be challenged. Cases where discriminatory beliefs get out of hand and unchecked? Armenian Genocide, Holocaust, Segregation, etc. Imagine a gay person, why do they have to live in fear, secrecy, and a world of hate, just because they were born that way. According to you, they should have to live with hatred because you have to respect people's beliefs? That doesn't make sense at all. Everyone should have the right to live freely and equally. By challenging beliefs, that is the only way to make a change for the better.

To all,
Yeah Near Death Experiences are due to hallucinations. No one sees heaven and then wakes up, revived. They resuscitate because of modern science and medicine, and the vision they see are made up by their mind.

AngelSwag
02-22-2014, 03:35 PM

They already are to some people.

- - - Updated - - -

Tohru,
Sometimes you have to challenge beliefs. If no one ever did so, humanity would be in a state of disrepair. If people out there believe that certain people don't deserve to live or deserve respect, that belief needs to be challenged. Cases where discriminatory beliefs get out of hand and unchecked? Armenian Genocide, Holocaust, Segregation, etc. Imagine a gay person, why do they have to live in fear, secrecy, and a world of hate, just because they were born that way. According to you, they should have to live with hatred because you have to respect people's beliefs? That doesn't make sense at all. Everyone should have the right to live freely and equally. By challenging beliefs, that is the only way to make a change for the better.

To all,
Yeah Near Death Experiences are due to hallucinations. No one sees heaven and then wakes up, revived. They resuscitate because of modern science and medicine, and the vision they see are made up by their mind.

Hmm, then what hapens after death? Nothing? You're just in complete darkness seeing nothing? You can't think since you've lost your conciousness? That's not what the after life should be like. Hmm, a person once got up out of bed and was going to get water. Right when he got out of bed, he felt his soul traveling somewhere else, he felt weak, and couldn't move so easily. He then realized he was in hell, he felt so much fear and pain, but then, someone grabbed him by the arm and took him back to his life. I'm not expecting you to believe this, but I surely do. If it was a hallucination, he wouldn't feel pain. So you're expecting people to just trash what other people believe? You think that's smart?

GBAGamer
02-22-2014, 03:37 PM
The funny thing is that your all yelling at each other and nobodys getting anywhere

I-Am-Legend
02-22-2014, 03:43 PM

oh...so that's a fact now isn't it? Maybe we should all listen to IConstruct trying to ram his religious beliefs into our heads. You should start seeing how other people view the world, not from your view.

Reballoo
02-22-2014, 03:57 PM
The important thing is to understand all sides of every story. For example, a kid could have been bullied by a homosexual person when they were in middle school, causing their hate for this. Now I still think that people should not be judged by these traits, because I see athiest people in the streets harass and make fun of me because I belive in a religion. I also see people like Mitcho who offends people by making fun of their religions. Another thing is, that we all try to get involved and "cleanse" these people, when it is not going to do any good.leave them be. To go along with that, I see homosexual people TRY to get me to "go gay". Then they go and protest against nothing just saying "we are gay and proud" when they know it is just going to be controversial. I am not going to say they should hide that they are gay, but they should at least act like a normal couple, who just goes around and does couple stuff, not try to stir up drama and protest and such. And about the bible thing, the bible doesn't say it is wrong, it just says "he who shall SLEEP with a man shall surely be stoned", and I can see many reasons why sleeping with a man if you are a man would be wrong. I do not judge anybody. I am on nobodys side. Can you all see that this subject is a constant war that has no good side or bad side?

- - - Updated - - -

oh...so that's a fact now isn't it? Maybe we should all listen to IConstruct trying to ram his religious beliefs into our heads. You should start seeing how other people view the world, not from your view.

This is very hypocritical. You are telling him to see from your view (no idea) instead of his view (christian).

Tugg Speedman
02-22-2014, 04:13 PM
This is very hypocritical. You are telling him to see from your view (no idea) instead of his view (christian).

Sir, there's more religion in this world, not only Christianity. He's merely saying that iConstruct should learn to distinguish other's belief instead of trying to be a scaremonger. This shows how ignorant iConstruct is.

Respectfully, Tugg.

Moxide
02-22-2014, 04:14 PM
After reading this post, I realized how stubborn Christians are. iConstruct, you say being homosexual is a choice. Please explain how. The Bible also states a woman that was raped must marry her rapist. It also says that a man with only one testicle can not go to church. The Bible, although possibly some parts of it may be true, is a story to teach people lessons, not to live by. This started off with someone saying that people who support gay rights are gay. That is a stupid assumption.

Can someone close this thread? It's quiet stupid.

Alien
02-22-2014, 04:57 PM
Hmm, then what hapens after death? Nothing? You're just in complete darkness seeing nothing? You can't think since you've lost your conciousness? That's not what the after life should be like. Hmm, a person once got up out of bed and was going to get water. Right when he got out of bed, he felt his soul traveling somewhere else, he felt weak, and couldn't move so easily. He then realized he was in hell, he felt so much fear and pain, but then, someone grabbed him by the arm and took him back to his life. I'm not expecting you to believe this, but I surely do. If it was a hallucination, he wouldn't feel pain. So you're expecting people to just trash what other people believe? You think that's smart?
Do you expect anything more when you die? You die, you can't possibly care anymore as you've lived your life, and your body will decompose and supply nutrients to further generations. That's not enough for you? Anyways please source your fictional anecdote about that guy...several things can explain the story.
1. The story if fake and you're using it to make a point.
2. The man is lying about the story.
3. The man suffers from mental disorders.
Tactile hallucinations from schizophrenia cause pain. Do some research before claiming that hallucinations don't cause pain.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tactile_Hallucination
4. Anyways, even mental thoughts cause physical pain.
http://www.healthcentral.com/chronic-pain/c/5949/110398/literally/

...and you misconstrue my words, I did not say to trash others' beliefs but to challenge them. There is a huge difference.

Edit:
To the point about people being resurrected. There's a reason why there are more and more stories of near death experiences. Medical science has progressed so far that more people come be resuscitated than ever before leading to more "afterlife" experiences. Before those people died from a lack of modern science...

Edit 2:

The important thing is to understand all sides of every story. For example, a kid could have been bullied by a homosexual person when they were in middle school, causing their hate for this. Now I still think that people should not be judged by these traits, because I see athiest people in the streets harass and make fun of me because I belive in a religion. I also see people like Mitcho who offends people by making fun of their religions. Another thing is, that we all try to get involved and "cleanse" these people, when it is not going to do any good.leave them be. To go along with that, I see homosexual people TRY to get me to "go gay". Then they go and protest against nothing just saying "we are gay and proud" when they know it is just going to be controversial. I am not going to say they should hide that they are gay, but they should at least act like a normal couple, who just goes around and does couple stuff, not try to stir up drama and protest and such. And about the bible ).
Yeah definitely. Homosexuals are the ones bullying, not the other way around. And to your comment about atheists on the streets, there are far more people declaring "the end is near" "repent for your sins" "God will forgive you" "God hates fags" while holding up signs and microphones. Atheist face way more propaganda and discrimination than those of religious faith.
Plus, gay people aren't protesting "nothing." They are protesting to get equal rights such as the right to marriage. That isn't "nothing." They can't act like a normal couple because they can't due to terrible social norms and anti-gay laws! Also you said you don't judge, but you bring up that you can see how it is wrong? What?!

Triforce
02-22-2014, 05:11 PM
First off stop discriminating others beliefs.

Look all of you are going way, way to crazy with this stuff. First off God created woman for man. As he saw Adam didn't have any companions.

Look like I Construct said being gay isn't right in most beliefs. I don't make people feel bad I just don't feel it's right. Not to get inappropriate but can man produce with man? Nope, why he made someone of the opposite gender.

Look I forgot who said it but God "does" exist. I literally watched my friend die and come back to life. First thing he woke up and said is "I went to heaven and saw Jesus". He saw his dead family members too waiting for him at the gates.

The Bible also is some random book. It stand for Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth. Yes, it is a manual but most of it is parables and stories of B.C. times.

Look I'll add on way more after I read this whole thing.

*Also Mitch don't make the Bible something it's not. In that picture you showed it said "Kill Homosexuals" but it was the NAB version. Read the King James or Amplified it says something way different. The NAB is not the best version to go by.

I'm only believing what you said if that happens to me. I'm a stubborn young lad.

TheDarkWolf
02-22-2014, 05:13 PM
Here's a solution:

Accept other people's beliefs and get on with life. I'll give you a happy face pencil too.

GBAGamer
02-22-2014, 05:15 PM
Here's a solution:

Accept other people's beliefs and get on with life. I'll give you a happy face pencil too.

Happy meals Im lovin it BADABABABAA

Ethan Ha
02-22-2014, 05:26 PM
This is one of the "BIG" problems in growtopia. Keep your beliefs to your self. it's wrong when you make fun of or be cruel to others beliefs.

bigjohn
02-22-2014, 05:43 PM
After reading this post, I realized how stubborn Christians are.
Standing for your beliefs isn't being stubborn.

It's quiet stupid.
I wouldn't say it's quiet stupid. It's more loud stupid.

Dodo Wizard
02-22-2014, 06:22 PM
I really don't see the point of discrimination of anyone. As long as you're a human, not getting discrimination from me..
*sees an alien from Mars eating dog poop* *Discriminates it because it's not a human*

GBAGamer
02-22-2014, 06:23 PM
I can't believe this idiotic thread gave me an infraction. Stupid Catholics, always have to shove their religious blabber in everyone else's face, and when they don't get what they want.. well the crap hits the ceiling fan. Most of this stuff doesn't even make sense, and all everyone is doing is plagiarizing paragraph after paragraph of text about homosexual right or how "God" is so "real". Keep your religion to yourself, because us Atheists really don't give a damn. If you want to be a sheep and follow your little imaginary God then go ahead, but we're going to live our lives normally, without killing everyone who doesn't obey your strict and unreasonable rules.

Your being prejudice not all catholics are like that

Triforce
02-22-2014, 06:31 PM
I can't believe this idiotic thread gave me an infraction. Stupid Catholics, always have to shove their religious blabber in everyone else's face, and when they don't get what they want.. well the crap hits the ceiling fan. Most of this stuff doesn't even make sense, and all everyone is doing is plagiarizing paragraph after paragraph of text about homosexual right or how "God" is so "real". Keep your religion to yourself, because us Atheists really don't give a damn. If you want to be a sheep and follow your little imaginary God then go ahead, but we're going to live our lives normally, without killing everyone who doesn't obey your strict and unreasonable rules.

Oh, my. Christians are hypocritical. <---My opinion.

Tohru
02-22-2014, 06:34 PM
Oh right, that's for reminding me. I also forgot to mention that Catholic Popes are not allowed to marry or have a relationship with a woman. Seriously? Without a man and woman reproducing, the world cannot repopulate, thus killing out the Human species. If every single man on this world was to be a Pope, there would be a short end for humanitiy, as they would not be allowed to reproduce with a female. Due to being unable to have a relationship with a woman, Popes then rape and/or sexually harass young children. Tell me something; if you were such a great Pope who was loyal to his "God", do you think your leader would appreciate you raping young children? No. Another thing is that the Catholics originally believed that the world was flat, and once you reached the "end of the world", you would fall and that would be the end. After years of research, discovery and experience, we eventually found out that the world was a sphere that went round and round, however before that was discovered the Catholics would kill every person who justified their belief. Basically innocent people who were right about the shape of the earth were killed for not believing what the Catholics did. Now tell me; do you still want to follow a "God" who allows these kinds of things?

Do you really want to disrespect another's belief when we can do the same for yours?

KillerXD
02-22-2014, 06:48 PM
Go ahead. What are you going to do? Yell at me for not believing in a "God"?

It does not mean you can criticize it. Everyone has a different religion.

Tohru
02-22-2014, 07:03 PM
Go ahead. What are you going to do? Yell at me for not believing in a "God"?

I'm going to say...

CrimsonEagle, respect another's beliefs. As I've said, I do not hate you, but eventually, you will learn.

Solorien
02-22-2014, 07:11 PM
I can't believe this idiotic thread gave me an infraction. Stupid Catholics, always have to shove their religious blabber in everyone else's face, and when they don't get what they want.. well the crap hits the ceiling fan.

You received an infraction for personal attacks on another community member, not for being an atheist. I can assure you the "stupid Catholics" had nothing to do with it. Just as I can assure you that if you refer to another group as "stupid" again, it will earn you another infraction. Keep it civil in this thread, or you will not be allowed to participate. So far this conversation has been remarkably polite considering the controversial nature of the topics, and I intend to keep it that way.

Keep your religion to yourself, because us Atheists really don't give a damn.

Don't assume that you speak for all of "us Atheists" when you act abusively toward people who have religious beliefs. I know people from multiple religious backgrounds, including atheists, and there are good and bad people among them all. I don't care whether you follow a god or not, if you can't treat your fellow humans - especially the ones you disagree with - with respect, then you DO NOT represent me or my beliefs.

Megazork
02-22-2014, 07:36 PM
Don't worry, you will get your evidence when you die to see God, unfortunately you're going downhill xD

GamerCat
02-22-2014, 07:52 PM
I don't want to minimod, but this is wrong subforum ._. this should go into the rtsoft tavern.

I've posted in a simular thread not a long time ago. Stop that. I mean ofcource I don't like discrimination, but people say/think what to say/think. Also religions. Different ppl have different religions. For christians it is bad, for some not. For me it is forexample, but I am not christian.

Also. There are children browsing the forums. Just remember that

Solorien
02-22-2014, 07:55 PM
I don't want to minimod, but this is wrong subforum ._. this should go into the rtsoft tavern.

I've posted in a simular thread not a long time ago. Stop that. I mean ofcource I don't like discrimination, but people say/think what to say/think. Also religions. Different ppl have different religions. For christians it is bad, for some not. For me it is forexample, but I am not christian.

Also. There are children browsing the forums. Just remember that

This thread is being CLOSELY supervised, don't worry. And since it started as a conversation about a Growtopian world, I'm leaving it here. Thanks for the concern.

Juan Alfredo Guevara
02-22-2014, 08:01 PM
God isn't real. We killed him.
There are hundreds of words for god. My favorite is Science, and its friend, Logic.

Face it, God was created because the human being couldn't explain several things. Religion is, by far, the most dangerous and stupid thing Mankind has created. Wars, Deaths, and fights are the exact opposite of what "God" wants, yet that is the only thing accomplished with it.

Pentonix
02-22-2014, 08:09 PM
There are hundreds of words for god. My favorite is Science, and its friend, Logic.

Face it, God was created because the human being couldn't explain several things. Religion is, by far, the most dangerous and stupid thing Mankind has created. Wars, Deaths, and fights are the exact opposite of what "God" wants, yet that is the only thing accomplished with it.

Then how come some of our saints dead bodies are incorruptible? Plz explain that with science and logic plz

Juan Alfredo Guevara
02-22-2014, 08:16 PM
Then how come some of our saints dead bodies are incorruptible? Plz explain that with science and logic plz

Incorruptible? What is this, a computer file?
Please explain yourself better.

Pentonix
02-22-2014, 08:18 PM
If you actually read it, it says "saints" "dead" "bodies" and "incorruptible"

You know, like when you die your body rots and stuff and maggots eat it and all that but some of these saints's bodies didn't DO that. Look it up for yourself if you want.

bigjohn
02-22-2014, 08:18 PM
Incorruptible? What is this, a computer file?
Please explain yourself better.

It means their bodies don't decay, or only decay slightly.

Juan Alfredo Guevara
02-22-2014, 08:28 PM
Ever heard of embalsamating(Sp?)? They suck all your fluids and fill you up with a sunstance that makes this effect happen. Mummies were filled with this liquid since thousands years ago, and its still done today. Also, aside from this liquid, there's an even.... Better one, that pulls your skin to reduce strains. The same as Botox, for dead bodies. these saints were loved and whoever did the embalsamating must wanted to make the body last longer and prettier.

And let's not erase the Hoax chance, it has happened before.

Pentonix
02-22-2014, 08:40 PM
Those saints weren't filled with that substance they used for mummies though and botox was invented around the 20th century ._. How come there are incorruptible saints from before those times?

Juan Alfredo Guevara
02-22-2014, 08:45 PM
Those saints weren't filled with that substance they used for mummies though and botox was invented around the 20th century ._. How come there are incorruptible saints from before those times?

The Botox was inveted before, infact, its a paralizing bactery, but it was used for cosmetic uses until the 50s-60s. And all bodies are filled with it. Its a medical procedure so people won't get infected. Infact, a funerary house nor a cemetery can bury a body that wasn't embalsamated or they get sued.ealth problemsproblems caused by descomposition are serious.

GBAGamer
02-22-2014, 08:57 PM
If god doesn't exist then what happens when we die..maybe I'll live in another humans body and live their life..I want to be Justin bieber .-. #DONTDEPORTJUSTINBIEBER

Megazork
02-22-2014, 09:00 PM
If god doesn't exist then what happens when we die..maybe I'll live in another humans body and live their life..I want to be Justin bieber .-. #DONTDEPORTJUSTINBIEBER

You never know that when you die you could be a sea urchin!, or a mollusk, or a sea snail!

Its all so confusing that you haven't considered why its limited to sea creatures!!

GBAGamer
02-22-2014, 09:02 PM
You never know that when you die you could be a sea urchin!, or a mollusk, or a sea snail!

Its all so confusing that you haven't considered why its limited to sea creatures!!

Is justinBieber considered a creature? ._.

Megazork
02-22-2014, 09:04 PM
I think i found the species!

Reballoo
02-22-2014, 09:26 PM
Sir, there's more religion in this world, not only Christianity. He's merely saying that iConstruct should learn to distinguish other's belief instead of trying to be a scaremonger. This shows how ignorant iConstruct is.

Respectfully, Tugg.

I said HIS view, which is christian because he believes in christ.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you expect anything more when you die? You die, you can't possibly care anymore as you've lived your life, and your body will decompose and supply nutrients to further generations. That's not enough for you? Anyways please source your fictional anecdote about that guy...several things can explain the story.
Tactile hallucinations from schizophrenia cause pain. Do some research before claiming that hallucinations don't cause pain.

...and you misconstrue my words, I did not say to trash others' beliefs but to challenge them. There is a huge difference.

Edit:
To the point about people being resurrected. There's a reason why there are more and more stories of near death experiences. Medical science has progressed so far that more people come be resuscitated than ever before leading to more "afterlife" experiences. Before those people died from a lack of modern science...

Edit 2:

Yeah definitely. Homosexuals are the ones bullying, not the other way around. And to your comment about atheists on the streets, there are far more people declaring "the end is near" "repent for your sins" "God will forgive you" "God hates fags" while holding up signs and microphones. Atheist face way more propaganda and discrimination than those of religious faith.
Plus, gay people aren't protesting "nothing." They are protesting to get equal rights such as the right to marriage. That isn't "nothing." They can't act like a normal couple because they can't due to terrible social norms and anti-gay laws! Also you said you don't judge, but you bring up that you can see how it is wrong? What?!

What you are saying about my post, first, who said that it is impossible for the homosexuals to bully, second, I never said that there aren't piles of crazy worshippers who are full of crap, and atheists and christians face the same amount of discrimination, and third, I was talking specifically about those SOME people that say they are protesting, but are not actually protesting against something, but just saying "we are gay and proud". That is a direct quote. Btw, READ. MY. WHOLE. POST!

GamerCat
02-22-2014, 09:30 PM
Re-li-gi-on, re-li-gi-on, RE-LI-GI-OOON!

Really, stop that please! If you are a christian thats OK. If you are an atheist thats OK too! Just please, don't say that God doesn't exist because I haven't seen him or God exists because Bible says so. We can't know for sure what is true in Bible and what is not.

I think this thread should be closed. I mean if it won't be closed, people will be writing here forever, trying to say "No I am true and you are not!". :nope:

Reballoo
02-22-2014, 09:35 PM

God is dead? God can not die because he is not a human. That was jesus, the SON of god. Also, JESUS is only dead in christianity, because there are religions who believe in god, but not jesus.

Megazork
02-22-2014, 09:37 PM
Can we all learn how to repsect each others beliefs? Jeez some things people are posting here are a bit too much -_-

dingle400
02-22-2014, 09:39 PM
Has anyone heard the story of Pandora's box?
Pandora's box is a very well known parable from Greek mythology.

Sunmary of Pandora's box:

Promethus stole fire from the heavens for the humans. As a punishment, Zeus (the king of the gods) instructed Hephaestus to create a woman. This woman was called Pandora and all the gods (excepting promethus) each gave her a gift. She was then sent down to earth for Promethus to evny as the first woman as Promethus could not create woman, only men. She was then married to Ephimethus. Along with her she brought a box, (actually a pithos, a jar) this box came with a label from Zeus saying never to open it. Her husbans told her to listen to the tag and never to open it. As they days went by, spirits started whispering to her in her mind, she went crazy! So one day when Epimethus was out, she opened the jar. Then out of the box came all evils known to man, she tried to close it but when she closed it, only one sole spirit remained. Hope. The evils destroyed human kind, humans were plagued. Hope whispered to Pandora and said "if you let me out I can fix all of this". So Pandora let hope out. All the humans were filled with hope and this combated all evils and saved the people of earth. Today humans are full with all of those evils and the one good hope.

The main idea I can apply to this discussion from this story is probably that humans can envy, hate, lust and all other evil things. It is in human nature to hate, and envy so... I've forgotten how this was related to the discussion...

Solorien
02-22-2014, 09:43 PM
Re-li-gi-on, re-li-gi-on, RE-LI-GI-OOON!

Really, stop that please! If you are a christian thats OK. If you are an atheist thats OK too! Just please, don't say that God doesn't exist because I haven't seen him or God exists because Bible says so. We can't know for sure what is true in Bible and what is not.

I think this thread should be closed. I mean if it won't be closed, people will be writing here forever, trying to say "No I am true and you are not!". :nope:

People disagreeing and discussing a difficult topic is NOT a reason to close a topic. I am actually quite impressed at the maturity and level-headedness that has been displayed here and I intend to keep this thread open for as long as the conversation continues to be respectful. Just because we can't solve a problem or convince everyone to agree doesn't mean we shouldn't keep talking.

Juan Alfredo Guevara
02-22-2014, 10:00 PM
God is dead? God can not die because he is not a human. That was jesus, the SON of god. Also, JESUS is only dead in christianity, because there are religions who believe in god, but not jesus.

I know that genius. I'm catholic, for one thing.
I was refering to the fact science has gone so far we have negated the existence of a God.

Also, according to your logic, only humans can die, yet the other day I killed a fly.

Yankee
02-22-2014, 10:03 PM
Jesus is only dead in Christianity? How does that even... For the other two Abrahamic religions; Judaism believes in Jesus as a person, Islam takes Jesus as a prophet, but none other that Christianity take Jesus as the Messiah. Not only is he the Son of God, but also part of the Holy Trinity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. He was only divine in Christianity, thus he is dead to everyone else. How is Jesus only dead in Christianity... What are you talking about?

What you are saying about my post, first, who said that it is impossible for the homosexuals to bully, second, I never said that there aren't piles of crazy worshippers who are full of crap, and atheists and christians face the same amount of discrimination, and third, I was talking specifically about those SOME people that say they are protesting, but are not actually protesting against something, but just saying "we are gay and proud". That is a direct quote. Btw, READ. MY. WHOLE. POST!
He did not state that is was homosexuals could not bully, he stated that "straight" people are more prone to bullying homosexuals. Why? People make fun of things that are different. Second, whether you like it or not, but those "crazy worshippers" are Christians be it Westboro Baptist Church or Scientology to other cults. Christians do not face the same discrimination. Source?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discrimination_against_atheists
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Christian_sentiment#United_States_of_America

Compare and contrast the USA sections:'
Atheists
Atheist cannot hold office in several states, and declaring so means "political death."
" Respondents to a survey were less likely to support a kidney transplant for hypothetical atheists and agnostics needing it, than for Christian patients with similar medical needs."
"As the Boy Scouts of America does not allow atheists as members"
"Few politicians have been willing to identify as non-theists, since such revelations have been considered 'political suicide'."
"Several polls have shown that about 50 percent of Americans would not vote for a qualified atheist for president."
"A 2006 study found that 40% of respondents characterized atheists as a group that did 'not at all agree with my vision of American society', and that 48% would not want their child to marry an atheist."
etc. etc.
Numerous pieces of anti-atheist propaganda.

Christians
A few little piece of Atheist propaganda here and there

That fact that atheists and homosexuals alike are "in the closet" should show you that something is wrong. Equality is not present, and as people we cannot ignore. You may call "Gay and Proud" nothing, but then again what are they doing? Standing up for their rights...

bigjohn
02-22-2014, 10:06 PM
The fact of the matter is there isn't any real documented proof. There isn't a video showing God or the Holy Spirit entering a man and healing him. The point of faith is to believe without any of those. I personally believe in him because I have had certain prayers answered that were really powerful to me. If you don't have faith, but want some, just try praying and asking for a sign or something. If you don't want to put any effort into religion, so be it I can't really convince you.

dingle400
02-22-2014, 10:11 PM
Society tries to make people comform.
Society tries to push away outsiders and people with different values/beliefs.

Society is a versatile word.

Megazork
02-22-2014, 10:14 PM
The fact of the matter is there isn't any real documented proof. There isn't a video showing God or the Holy Spirit entering a man and healing him. The point of faith is to believe without any of those. I personally believe in him because I have had certain prayers answered that were really powerful to me. If you don't have faith, but want some, just try praying and asking for a sign or something. If you don't want to put any effort into religion, so be it I can't really convince you.

^^^ this is the best way to explain the matter of God's existance

Juan Alfredo Guevara
02-22-2014, 10:16 PM
This isn't going nowhere soon so shall we decide what we all agree in?

Tugg Speedman
02-22-2014, 10:23 PM
I said HIS view, which is christian because he believes in christ.

Sir, I have no problem with him being faithful towards his belief, but his post being fear monger just shows his utter ignorance regarding of other's cult. It should be a basic knowledge within Christianity, or other religion to be able to distinguish other's belief in a civil way.

Respectfully, Tugg.

dingle400
02-22-2014, 10:23 PM
This isn't going nowhere soon so shall we decide what we all agree in?

That I'm afraid will never happen. Everyone is entitled to their own set of beliefs and given that I would be supprised if you could change someone's own set of beliefs.

Like the roman senate the senators represented the people and stood for the people not themselves, a man for the people or a man of the people? They did not always completely agree on one issue or another.

Solorien
02-22-2014, 11:02 PM
I know that genius.

THIS is a perfect example of being disrespectful. NO name calling. Express your opinion and back it up with evidence or reasoning. Name calling isn't going to add credence to your side of the argument. It just makes it easier for others to discount you as not having a valid point.

GamerCat
02-22-2014, 11:13 PM
People disagreeing and discussing a difficult topic is NOT a reason to close a topic. I am actually quite impressed at the maturity and level-headedness that has been displayed here and I intend to keep this thread open for as long as the conversation continues to be respectful. Just because we can't solve a problem or convince everyone to agree doesn't mean we shouldn't keep talking.

Uhh, sorry. I've just read the whole topic (took me some time), and I understand that is not a random discussion. Again sorry if I said something wrong.

True. I am atheist. Well, maybe not an atheist, but I am not either christian or someone else. I had prayed several times and I got nice results. Maybe it is just because I thought SOMETHING will help me. Also, maybe I don't think Bible is The Truth. Maybe I believe that there is SOMETHING or SOMEONE somewhere watching us. I am done.

~GamerCat

Pentonix
02-22-2014, 11:21 PM
If god doesn't exist how come every civilisation believes in one

Pixlr
02-22-2014, 11:23 PM

God gave inspiration to those authors in the books and also for the Gospel authors, also called evangelists. He chose them.

Mitcho123
02-23-2014, 12:22 AM
Based on every thing.. Thats why I am Buddist. You do not have any rules.. Buddism does not have a god. People should be treated the same no matter what size, colour of mass.
Do not waste stuff that others could need.. Be nice..
Just dont be a potato..
To Con:
You need to accept these things.
People have different opinions on things.
" Gays " a part of society. When you grow up and continue this habit of discriminating gays.. You will have spme problems..
To people talking about like Sea Urchins or Justin Beaver..
Just.. Do not change the subject xD

MusclebrettX
02-23-2014, 12:47 AM
My gosh! Ok, explain if God created us, what did we "evolve" from. Monkeys? Where did monkeys evolve from? Where did bacteria evolve from?

Someone shouts "ROCKS"

Seems legit...

- - - Updated - - -

My gosh! Ok, explain if God created us, what did we "evolve" from. Monkeys? Where did monkeys evolve from? Where did bacteria evolve from?

He shouts "ROCKS"

Seems legit...

Honestly if you don't believe in God...go pray to your rocks!

Juan Alfredo Guevara
02-23-2014, 01:57 AM
My post didn't show up... Hm...
Anyways, go look up the song The history of everything by The Barenaked Ladies. Look it up with lyrics, its pretty fast. And inf you aren't the song type, google Big Bang, then skip the sitcom results.

Aram Sevag
02-23-2014, 02:12 AM
Seriously this subject starts be really annoying. If you were Homosexual, would you like to be treated that way? They are a part of the society and you have to deal with that, and it is NOT their fault if they are not attracted by the opposite gender. For the Bible and whatever you are talking about, yes, it is written that Homosexuality is a sin or whatever, BUT do not forget that the Bible was written ~2000 years ago, when the norms and religion beliefs were totally different : if you read the Bible today, you will disagree with some points there, because the norms were different. I might be thinking in an atheistic way, even if I am a Christian, but I won't accept to believe in something I do not believe. The Bible should not be considered as a "Rules Book to be a great Christian" in my opinion.
Now some people will think : "Omagerd gad will panish u". Do you really think I am afraid of that? If God can punish people, has an universal power, why are there wars, pain, suffering?

Pentonix
02-23-2014, 02:32 AM
Because God has a master plan that noone human will understand and he gave humans free will

dingle500
02-23-2014, 02:34 AM

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
PANDAS ARE BLACK WHITE AND ASIAN SO WE SHOULD BE PANDAS. HAPPY HAPPY PANDAS

Aram Sevag
02-23-2014, 02:35 AM
Because God has a master plan that noone human will understand and he gave humans free will

Leave God in his Palace in Heaven. By the way.. How is it related to "Homosexual Discrimination"?

If we were all Pandas... Pandas would be racist too. "U HAZ 3 BLAK SPOTS AND WE ALL HAZ 2. U GAY"

GBAGamer
02-23-2014, 03:07 AM
Leave God in his Palace in Heaven. By the way.. How is it related to "Homosexual Discrimination"?

If we were all Pandas... Pandas would be racist too. "U HAZ 3 BLAK SPOTS AND WE ALL HAZ 2. U GAY"

"WAI U NO EAT BAMBO?! DUMY U EAT PUUP? WAI U NO EAT BAMBOO DUMMY"
"OMG Y U NO MATE IT'S MATIN SEASON"
"U SUK NUB Y U LIK DIRT"
Pretty soon there's gonna be a Panda Luther king jr (if that joke was offensive tell me)

bigjohn
02-23-2014, 03:10 AM
If God can punish people, has an universal power, why are there wars, pain, suffering?

I can answer that. This is what my priest said the first mass after 9/11/01. This is earth. Not hell or heaven. It isn't absolutely good and it's not absolutely bad. There's are works of god and the devil here. If Earth was perfect, what would be the point of heaven? So we have to put up with evil works but we are also blessed with good ones.

Aram Sevag
02-23-2014, 03:18 AM
I can answer that. This is what my priest said the first mass after 9/11/01. This is earth. Not hell or heaven. It isn't absolutely good and it's not absolutely bad. There's are works of god and the devil here. If Earth was perfect, what would be the point of heaven? So we have to put up with evil works but we are also blessed with good ones.

Hmm.. Actually it is true. (Pssss... More works of devil than god)

GBAGamer : No it was not offencive lol. I hope they wont kill Panda Luther King ahah.

Flamehound
02-23-2014, 03:20 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Okay. Call me an "Atheist-Missionary" whatever. Okay let's start with where is god. whenever you say "Oh god","Oh my god", "God help me now" does he ever help? Simple answer. Never. God does not exist tough Jesus did. And guess what hs fate was? death by assassination. Boom end of story. And whats worse? killed by his own student. Great. Now you expect one man to be the savior of us all? Nonsense. Now lets's move on. Where is "Heaven?" this safe hold of the dead? Is it in the sky? No. Is it in space? No. Is it in a parallel universe? No they don't exist. So, the next time you rely on God or Heaven for life, think hard. Soon we will be able to live forever. (Look up the Avatar-Project) And what will we do with the bibles? Burn em all. What will the people who believe in "God" will do? Get with the program. That is all I have to say. Haters commence.

-ChromeMax

GBAGamer
02-23-2014, 03:23 AM
Okay. Call me an "Atheist-Missionary" whatever. Okay let's start with where is god. whenever you say "Oh god","Oh my god", "God help me now" does he ever help? Simple answer. Never. God does not exist tough Jesus did. And guess what hs fate was? death by assassination. Boom end of story. And whats worse? killed by his own student. Great. Now you expect one man to be the savior of us all? Nonsense. Now lets's move on. Where is "Heaven?" this safe hold of the dead? Is it in the sky? No. Is it in space? No. Is it in a parallel universe? No they don't exist. So, the next time you rely on God or Heaven for life, think hard. Soon we will be able to live forever. (Look up the Avatar-Project) And what will we do with the bibles? Burn em all. What will the people who believe in "God" will do? Get with the program. That is all I have to say. Haters commence.

-ChromeMax

I used to be an atheist like you. Till I took a bible to the knee

MightyBOOSH
02-23-2014, 03:25 AM
I used to be an atheist like you. Till I took a bible to the knee

^^^This^^^

Not taking sides, this is just funny stuff.

Triforce
02-23-2014, 03:25 AM
I would be an atheist, but the teachers at my school sort of beat the information in your head and force you to believe it whether you want it or not. Laaaaaaame.

GBAGamer
02-23-2014, 03:28 AM
I would be an atheist, but the teachers at my school sort of beat the information in your head and force you to believe it whether you want it or not. Laaaaaaame.

You know what's lame? Being forced to watch smile of a child (religious show) for 3-4 hours a day ._.

Sagmaster
02-23-2014, 03:28 AM
If you dont want to get discriminated just dont talk about your believes and sexual perference just play this game and stop making problems!

MightyBOOSH
02-23-2014, 03:29 AM
If you dont want to get discriminated just dont talk about your believes and sexual perference just play this game and stop making problems!

^^^This person gets it.^^^

iConstruct
02-23-2014, 03:37 AM
I can't help but notice everyone that doesn't believe in god. Tell me than, who made you and me, the trees and the grass? And if you say evelution, who made the "big boom" or the universe. And if god was "dead" than the whole world would be destroyed and everyone would be dead.

- - - Updated - - -

Based on every thing.. Thats why I am Buddist. You do not have any rules.. Buddism does not have a god. People should be treated the same no matter what size, colour of mass.
Do not waste stuff that others could need.. Be nice..
Just dont be a potato..
To Con:
You need to accept these things.
People have different opinions on things.
" Gays " a part of society. When you grow up and continue this habit of discriminating gays.. You will have spme problems..
To people talking about like Sea Urchins or Justin Beaver..
Just.. Do not change the subject xD

Not to be rude but, you choose Buddhism so that you can say you have a religion but have no rules to follow?

GBAGamer
02-23-2014, 03:39 AM
I can't help but notice everyone that doesn't believe in god. Tell me than, who made you and me, the trees and the grass? And if you say evelution, who made the "big boom" or the universe. And if god was "dead" than the whole world would be destroyed and everyone would be dead.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to be rude but, you choose Buddhism so that you can say you have a religion but have no rules to follow?

I'm not an atheist #Amen! But it's called science. (BOOM) ROASTED

- - - Updated - - -

#ThugLife (lel)

iConstruct
02-23-2014, 03:41 AM
I'm not an atheist #Amen! But it's called science. (BOOM) ROASTED

- - - Updated - - -

#ThugLife (lel)

You use this excuse "it's science" if it's so scientific than explain to me where the "big boom" came from!

GBAGamer
02-23-2014, 03:42 AM
You use this excuse "it's science" if it's so scientific than explain to me where the "big boom" came from!

I'm not trying to start an argument but I'm not like Albert einstien none of us know how this works I'm not an atheist I know very well that god exists but I'm just saying there are POSSIBILTYS that something else might've happend

iConstruct
02-23-2014, 03:44 AM
I'm not trying to start an argument but I'm not like Albert einstien none of us know how this works I'm not an atheist I know very well that god exists but I'm just saying there are POSSIBILTYS that something else might've happend

So you have an excuse but nothing to back it up... so there's really no valid excuse.

GBAGamer
02-23-2014, 03:46 AM
So you have an excuse but nothing to back it up... so there's really no valid excuse.

Um I really don't like starting arguments anymore. At the end you get no satisfaction.
But there's no proof that god exists Ill say this once and I won't say it again I'm not an atheist. I believe in gods existence

Mitcho123
02-23-2014, 03:46 AM

- - - Updated - - -

No. I choose Buddism as it is very unique from other religions. You do not have a god to follow. We feel like every one should be treated the same. No one should be discriminated unless they do it to others..
We do pray but not to a god.

iConstruct
02-23-2014, 03:48 AM
No. I choose Buddism as it is very unique from other religions. You do not have a god to follow. We feel like every one should be treated the same. No one should be discriminated unless they do it to others..

I do too have a god to follow.

GBAGamer
02-23-2014, 03:48 AM

I hear Buddhists have super powers. They also can dodge darts and be super awesome.
Not to be uh prejudice but are you wearing a orange robe and are you bald? Just saying this is how I see buddhists on tv ._.

Aram Sevag
02-23-2014, 03:49 AM

Some answers :

Union of 2 sexual cells.
Evolution and union of Oxygen, Magnesium, Hydrogen, and some other insignifiant atoms.
Scientifically, the entire universe was created in less than 2 seconds, from a gigantic explosion of something containing too much energy. It created atoms, that united with other atoms, creating planets, Gaz, and everything.
If God is in Heaven, technically he is dead.
Bouddhism has rules too... But not as strict as Christian ones.

I am bored tonight. I will fight until the end :p

I hear Buddhists have super powers. They also can dodge darts and be super awesome.
Not to be uh prejudice but are you wearing a orange robe and are you bald? Just saying this is how I see buddhists on tv ._.

Are you kidding? Buddhists are NORMAL HUMANS. Another stereotype... You watched too much TV mate.

iConstruct
02-23-2014, 03:50 AM
Some answers :

Union of 2 sexual cells.
Evolution and union of Oxygen, Magnesium, Hydrogen, and some other insignifiant atoms.
Scientifically, the entire universe was created in less than 2 seconds, from a gigantic explosion of something containing too much energy. It created atoms, that united with other atoms, creating planets, Gaz, and everything.
If God is in Heaven, technically he is dead.
Bouddhism has rules too... But not as strict as Christian ones.

Where did that gigantic boom come from than?

MightyBOOSH
02-23-2014, 03:50 AM

On that note, what created God?

Religion is the sea of turmoil...see what I did there? Probably not :nope:

Anyways, I again motion that this topic be closed. Nothing but inane babble and personal opinion being presented as fact. The truth of the matter is that the human species has no idea of what the heck is going on. We are a species that flips out over "celebs". We covet and utilize fancy paper and metal as currency in order to establish a hierarchical social system so we can demean others to feel better about ourselves...and there's Growtopia for you as well...fancy pixels...pseudo-social status...

GBAGamer
02-23-2014, 03:51 AM
(If God is in heaven technically he is dead)
"wants to say something"
"pauses"
"thinks"

I never thought about it that way ._. Your like the new Philosoraptor .-.

Aram Sevag
02-23-2014, 04:03 AM

Ask your Science teacher, not me.
What did create god?

Megazork
02-23-2014, 04:13 AM
Why does it concern other people so much to question other people's beliefs? Its not like people care about an insignificant person on the interent that is skeptical about ones religion

ADMex1
02-23-2014, 04:16 AM
This thread is a good example as to why us, as humans, will not Get anywhere. We must get over our differences, and quit feeling like all our belifs are 100%.correct, because we truly don't know much about our existence or origins. Honestly, im disappointed in those forum users that are arguing over something petty as religion. And I won't even bother stating my beliefs, otherwise ill be burned at the stake. I will however state this: step out your comfort zone, and approach the world with an open mind, and you'll be happy you did. Be open minded please.

GBAGamer
02-23-2014, 04:17 AM
This thread is a good example as to why us, as humans, will not Get anywhere. We must get over our differences, and quit feeling like all our belifs are 100%.correct, because we truly don't know much about our existence or origins. Honestly, im disappointed in those forum users that are arguing over something petty as religion. And I won't even bother stating my beliefs, otherwise ill be burned at the stake. I will however state this: step out your comfort zone, and approach the world with an open mind, and you'll be happy you did. Be open minded please.

Finally the first post that makes sense.

dingle500
02-23-2014, 04:26 AM

Ugh you are so annoying me. And where did god come from? Did he magically spawn in the middle of the universe and then create earth so he can hover above it and save everyone?

When i have children (if i have children) Im gonna let them have an open mind to religon. Like parents who are religious sort of force their children to be in that religion by only talking good about it. But if you really want the best for them let them be free to do whatever they want (within reason of cousre) Let them have an open mind to religion and know that there are many different religions that you can choose and you dont even have to choose one!

Aram Sevag
02-23-2014, 04:35 AM

Here comes the voice of peace... Finally. :sweatdrop:
Exactly. Science and Religion are two opposite things. One believes in Science, the other in God.
Nobody knows anything of our origins, and it is impossible to know them.
Funfact : We are talking about everything else than discrimination.
Note : Please state your beliefs. I want some steak.

Pentonix
02-23-2014, 05:09 AM
On that note, what created God?

Religion is the sea of turmoil...see what I did there? Probably not :nope:

Anyways, I again motion that this topic be closed. Nothing but inane babble and personal opinion being presented as fact. The truth of the matter is that the human species has no idea of what the heck is going on. We are a species that flips out over "celebs". We covet and utilize fancy paper and metal as currency in order to establish a hierarchical social system so we can demean others to feel better about ourselves...and there's Growtopia for you as well...fancy pixels...pseudo-social status...

God was always there he is 'eternal'. Solorien says there is no valid reason for this thread to be closed so let us DEBATE

Reballoo
02-23-2014, 05:19 AM
Jesus is only dead in Christianity? How does that even... For the other two Abrahamic religions; Judaism believes in Jesus as a person, Islam takes Jesus as a prophet, but none other that Christianity take Jesus as the Messiah. Not only is he the Son of God, but also part of the Holy Trinity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. He was only divine in Christianity, thus he is dead to everyone else. How is Jesus only dead in Christianity... What are you talking about?

He did not state that is was homosexuals could not bully, he stated that "straight" people are more prone to bullying homosexuals. Why? People make fun of things that are different. Second, whether you like it or not, but those "crazy worshippers" are Christians be it Westboro Baptist Church or Scientology to other cults. Christians do not face the same discrimination. Source?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discrimination_against_atheists
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Christian_sentiment#United_States_of_America

Compare and contrast the USA sections:'
Atheists
Atheist cannot hold office in several states, and declaring so means "political death."
" Respondents to a survey were less likely to support a kidney transplant for hypothetical atheists and agnostics needing it, than for Christian patients with similar medical needs."
"As the Boy Scouts of America does not allow atheists as members"
"Few politicians have been willing to identify as non-theists, since such revelations have been considered 'political suicide'."
"Several polls have shown that about 50 percent of Americans would not vote for a qualified atheist for president."
"A 2006 study found that 40% of respondents characterized atheists as a group that did 'not at all agree with my vision of American society', and that 48% would not want their child to marry an atheist."
etc. etc.
Numerous pieces of anti-atheist propaganda.

Christians
A few little piece of Atheist propaganda here and there

That fact that atheists and homosexuals alike are "in the closet" should show you that something is wrong. Equality is not present, and as people we cannot ignore. You may call "Gay and Proud" nothing, but then again what are they doing? Standing up for their rights...

1. Excuse me for not studying every religion there is. You know what i meant...
2. It all depends on which side you are on and what you consider bullying. And i am quite aware that those worshippers are sometimes christian, but that does not mean they are all christian.
3. When i said the same, I meant same amount in the world. Not just America... And just because there was no study that shows certain results, dies jot mean that threre are about the same amount of athiests/any other religion as there are christian/any other religion that are going to be discriminating the other...

New subject, why are non-gay people called "straight"?

iSuperb
Hmm, you called the bible "stupid"? You're really going to expect someone to accept your belief if you don't accept theirs?

He was just saying being gay does not mean u have to be discriminated by others.

Jacob Kleimeyer
I believe in no god or devil, being gay is fine. It still doesn't mean discriminate people. I once was a victim, how would you feel if that were you? Think about it that way.

- - - Updated - - -

biteaminseed
02-23-2014, 05:20 AM
Imo keep your beliefs in your head and not shove it in ppls faces and u won't get bullied or discriminated.

Solorien
02-23-2014, 06:21 AM

This is victim blaming. "If you don't want me to be mean to you, don't act in a way that makes me want to be mean to you." Each and every human being on the planet is responsible for how he or she chooses to react to the events that happen around them. It is 100% possible to choose to treat people who are different, people who have different beliefs, and people with whom you have serious differences of opinion in a respectful manner. Being able to recognize another person's right to have a differing opinion and being able to listen and attempt to understand (this does not mean agree with) that opinion are signs of intellect, empathy and compassion.

I (and everyone else!) have every right to expect that I can express my beliefs about religion, politics, music, or anything without fearing that someone is going to take a tire iron to me or shout profanity at me. If you're not interested in having a thoughtful discussion that might cause you to expand your horizons or think beyond your own ideas, don't get involved. Your interest has nothing to do with whether *I* can discuss something with others who are interested.

How you choose to act in the face of these differences is up to YOU, not anyone else. How I choose to react to differences is my responsibility. People who discriminate and act like bullies are to blame for their actions, not the people they choose to bully and discriminate against.

Dooom
02-23-2014, 06:27 AM
This is victim blaming. "If you don't want me to be mean to you, don't act in a way that makes me want to be mean to you." Each and every human being on the planet is responsible for how he or she chooses to react to the events that happen around them. It is 100% possible to choose to treat people who are different, people who have different beliefs, and people with whom you have serious differences of opinion in a respectful manner. Being able to recognize another person's right to have a differing opinion and being able to listen and attempt to understand (this does not mean agree with) that opinion are signs of intellect, empathy and compassion.

I (and everyone else!) have every right to expect that I can express my beliefs about religion, politics, music, or anything without fearing that someone is going to take a tire iron to me or shout profanity at me. If you're not interested in having a thoughtful discussion that might cause you to expand your horizons or think beyond your own ideas, don't get involved. Your interest has nothing to do with whether *I* can discuss something with others who are interested.

How you choose to act in the face of these differences is up to YOU, not anyone else. How I choose to react to differences is my responsibility. People who discriminate and act like bullies are to blame for their actions, not the people they choose to bully and discriminate against.

My respect for you has skyrocketed

Solorien
02-23-2014, 06:29 AM

^^THIS. I choose to have hope that humanity is able to learn and grow. That's why I'm enjoying this thread and keeping it open. :)

AngelSwag
02-23-2014, 06:53 AM

Edit:

Edit 2:

Well, why can't we believe in another life? Who'd want to be in complete darkness, forever? I'll respect your belief, but I hope you respect mine too.

Alien
02-23-2014, 02:08 PM
Well, why can't we believe in another life? Who'd want to be in complete darkness, forever? I'll respect your belief, but I hope you respect mine too.

...and I never said you couldn't. Once again you took my words and twisted them. I simply explained my thoughts, but you took it as if I was telling you to believe my version. If you believe in another life and it helps you understand human mortality and overcome the fear of death, so be it. And who'd want to be in darkness forever? To me it's not darkness but nothingness, your cognitive processes, mental awareness are all gone so you cannot tell you're dead or feel/think/see darkness, rather everything has stopped. No more pain or sufferening nor joy and happiness, just peace.
Edit: What's your response to my challenges to that story? If you could, I'd like to see a better explanation.

Solorien
02-23-2014, 03:05 PM
Sorry, everyone. I forgot to let the other mods know that I was watching this thread. It's reopened and repositioned (although it STARTED as a Growtopia topic, it has since evolved).

Remember to keep it civil and listen to the other people in the discussion with an OPEN mind. That doesn't mean you have to agree with them, just that you are making a conscious effort to really hear and understand what they are tying to say.

Above all, disagree with RESPECT. Use "I" statements to share why YOU think. Don't assume everyone agrees with you. Present logical reasoning and/or evidence to support your opinions. NO name calling or sweeping generalizations about others.

And finally, don't expect a conclusion to this conversation. This topic had been debate by learned men and women for THOUSANDS of years. It is very unlikely that you will be the one to say the magic words that suddenly cause everyone to come to an agreement! So enjoy the discussion for discussion's sake instead if trying to wrap it all up in a tidy little bow. :)

(PS - new participants are welcome to jump in at any time... But do us all a favor and read through what 'a already been said, ok? Don't come in midway and throw your ideas around if you haven't bothered to take the time to see where this started and how it's developed. Thx!)

Brys
02-23-2014, 03:13 PM
Sorry, everyone. I forgot to let the other mods know that I was watching this thread. It's reopened and repositioned (although it STARTED as a Growtopia topic, it has since evolved).

Remember to keep it civil and listen to the other people in the discussion with an OPEN mind. That doesn't mean you have to agree with them, just that you are making a conscious effort to really hear and understand what they are tying to say.

Above all, disagree with RESPECT. Use "I" statements to share why YOU think. Don't assume everyone agrees with you. Present logical reasoning and/or evidence to support your opinions. NO name calling or sweeping generalizations about others.

And finally, don't expect a conclusion to this conversation. This topic had been debate by learned men and women for THOUSANDS of years. It is very unlikely that you will be the one to say the magic words that suddenly cause everyone to come to an agreement! So enjoy the discussion for discussion's sake instead if trying to wrap it all up in a tidy little bow. :)

The last paragraph is the #Truth

Rawrzi
02-23-2014, 03:17 PM
This debate will never end though.
"Science and Religion don't mix"
Being atheist or religious doesn't prove you're better than anyone else.

Yankee
02-23-2014, 05:26 PM
1. Excuse me for not studying every religion there is. You know what i meant...
2. It all depends on which side you are on and what you consider bullying. And i am quite aware that those worshippers are sometimes christian, but that does not mean they are all christian.
3. When i said the same, I meant same amount in the world. Not just America... And just because there was no study that shows certain results, dies jot mean that threre are about the same amount of athiests/any other religion as there are christian/any other religion that are going to be discriminating the other...

1. The point I was making is that if you want to throw out points here and there, you better back it up with knowledge from outside of one area. The first step of any solution is understanding, and if one cannot understand opposing viewpoints, they do not understand the argument.
2a. I apologize for generalizing, but it seems to me that homosexuals are given the most types of various abuse and vitriol. It's hard to see anyone making fun of a straight person, but it seems like calling something "gay" or making fun of homosexuals is way more prevalent...
2b. I concede, but what we may consider crazy is normal to them.
3. Your comment is a bit unclear. Are you saying atheists and Christians face the same type of abuse as a whole in the world? If so I concede, wherever a group is a minority, they are bound to have more discrimination then when they are the majority. Simply put, a Christian predominated country will discriminate more on those of different backgrounds whereas in an Islamic predominated country, the same is true.

We don't know much, but the fact that there is competition to prove which is true drives us humans to discover the answer. One sided, and we will never change, diversified, we grow.

Who made me? My parents. Who made trees and grass? The seeds before them. Honestly if you want to put more faith in creationism rather than the culmination of the works of the greatest intellectuals the world has ever had and ignore evolution, just know that you turning away from decades of progress and work. There is a reason why schools teach evolution rather than creationism. Keep in mind the Big Bang Theory is supported and does not conflict with the Church's teachings, and in fact was theorized by a priest. Now was it God that provided the spark, singularity, quantum mechanics, etc. remains to be debated. But, if you would, please then tell me how God came to be before anything, I'm curious because I usually get various answers.

A simple test to see if you are open-minded. If undeniable evidence was shown for either side, would you revise your opinion, or would you cry "False!" and continue with your old ideas?

Edit:

This debate will never end though.
"Science and Religion don't mix"
Being atheist or religious doesn't prove you're better than anyone else.
They do mix...

bigjohn
02-23-2014, 06:06 PM

Because loving the other gender is the natural and regular way, hence straight meaning normal. You will probably get mad at me me for saying that it's natural, but it is, biologically and/or religiously. However, just because I say that doesn't mean I'm a homophobe or would make fun of homosexuals. I do my best to show them respect as a person even though I don't agree with it.

Pentonix
02-23-2014, 06:16 PM
God made science so we could find logical solutions to eveeything except for god

GBAGamer
02-23-2014, 06:27 PM
What are we even arguing about anymore?
Oh wait is it because you guys are trying to force ICon to love gays
Don't accept the fact that you can drill your beliefs into others and that it will actually work..

Reballoo
02-23-2014, 06:31 PM
1. The point I was making is that if you want to throw out points here and there, you better back it up with knowledge from outside of one area. The first step of any solution is understanding, and if one cannot understand opposing viewpoints, they do not understand the argument.
2a. I apologize for generalizing, but it seems to me that homosexuals are given the most types of various abuse and vitriol. It's hard to see anyone making fun of a straight person, but it seems like calling something "gay" or making fun of homosexuals is way more prevalent...
2b. I concede, but what we may consider crazy is normal to them.
3. Your comment is a bit unclear. Are you saying atheists and Christians face the same type of abuse as a whole in the world? If so I concede, wherever a group is a minority, they are bound to have more discrimination then when they are the majority. Simply put, a Christian predominated country will discriminate more on those of different backgrounds whereas in an Islamic predominated country, the same is true.

We don't know much, but the fact that there is competition to prove which is true drives us humans to discover the answer. One sided, and we will never change, diversified, we grow.

Who made me? My parents. Who made trees and grass? The seeds before them. Honestly if you want to put more faith in creationism rather than the culmination of the works of the greatest intellectuals the world has ever had and ignore evolution, just know that you turning away from decades of progress and work. There is a reason why schools teach evolution rather than creationism. Keep in mind the Big Bang Theory is supported and does not conflict with the Church's teachings, and in fact was theorized by a priest. Now was it God that provided the spark, singularity, quantum mechanics, etc. remains to be debated. But, if you would, please then tell me how God came to be before anything, I'm curious because I usually get various answers.

A simple test to see if you are open-minded. If undeniable evidence was shown for either side, would you revise your opinion, or would you cry "False!" and continue with your old ideas?

Edit:

They do mix...

Only to your comment on my posts, I completely agree with everything you have been saying, like I said, it all depends on the victem. Just an example, there are more athiests than christians in a school. The athiests bully the christians, and vice versa for every other religion. Also, I have been trying to learn about other religions, but it is not easy especially with school not alloying us to have anything to do with our religion while at school study of religion while at school. Now please note that my original post was just to point out that their really is no good side. I still think that whatever religion or sexual preference you have should not matter to anybody but yourself, and that the rest of the world can just leave you alone. And from my first post, I do not think you understood me. I do not think being gay is wrong but sleeping with a man if you are a man is wrong. First, their is no point to it , second it can sometimes start STDs. SOMETIMES. Even then, these are my beliefs, and I will stay out of your life choices.

- - - Updated - - -

Because loving the other gender is the natural and regular way, hence straight meaning normal. You will probably get mad at me me for saying that it's natural, but it is, biologically and/or religiously. However, just because I say that doesn't mean I'm a homophobe or would make fun of homosexuals. I do my best to show them respect as a person even though I don't agree with it.

Even then, why do we not call gay people "curvy"?

Yankee
02-23-2014, 08:48 PM
Incorrect. Being homosexual is also natural and regular. In fact in Ancient Greece homosexuality was the norm, as older men formed romantic relations with younger boys. Several species of animals contains members that are homosexual, several hundred in fact. Among them are grizzlies, gorillas, monkeys, penguins, owls, flamingos, rams, etc. Anyways here's the real information. Look under terminology/slang http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heterosexuality

Only to your comment on my posts, I completely agree with everything you have been saying, like I said, it all depends on the victem. Just an example, there are more athiests than christians in a school. The athiests bully the christians, and vice versa for every other religion. Also, I have been trying to learn about other religions, but it is not easy especially with school not alloying us to have anything to do with our religion while at school study of religion while at school. Now please note that my original post was just to point out that their really is no good side. I still think that whatever religion or sexual preference you have should not matter to anybody but yourself, and that the rest of the world can just leave you alone. And from my first post, I do not think you understood me. I do not think being gay is wrong but sleeping with a man if you are a man is wrong. First, their is no point to it , second it can sometimes start STDs. SOMETIMES. Even then, these are my beliefs, and I will stay out of your life choices.
Even then, why do we not call gay people "curvy"?
The problem is, there will almost always be more Christians and atheists which cause atheists to be "in the closet" because they fear the public out-lash similar to homosexuals. There will always statistically be a minority, and that minority will be punished (unless the minority happens to be the elite...1%ers)... Also I find it strange that your school does not allow anything to do with religions. I think it's due to your grade level. For example, when taking World History, one of our required books was titled "The World's Religions" and we frequently discuss religions and have Socratic seminars during class....
How does it make sense to you that being gay is okay but doing gay actions is wrong? That's like saying it's okay to like movies, but watching them is wrong. There is nothing wrong with it. If you're religious and you point to a few lines in Leviticus and Deuteronomy, go ahead, pick and choose your lines. That's incredibly hypocritical to choose parts of the Bible that favor your ideology. Follow the Bible in entirety, if you like some of the rules, obey them all. Don't eat pork, shellfish, goats, etc. Stone people, force victims of rape to marry their rapists etc...

I don't know if you're naive or anything, but having sex with anyone causes STDs/STIs...It doesn't matter if you're gay or straight.
Why aren't they curvy? That makes it sound like they are in the wrong, while they are NOT.

Edit:

God made science so we could find logical solutions to eveeything except for god
So are you a deist or do you believe in a personal God?

wow....people can be mean,:(
Tis life my friend.

yoyocaleb101
02-23-2014, 08:51 PM

GamerCat
02-23-2014, 09:49 PM

Sir, that is wrong. Most of them ARE mean.
Respectfully, 33volx.

iConstruct
02-23-2014, 09:58 PM

Yes, you may please yourself but will you please God by accepting any belief? No.

Reballoo
02-23-2014, 10:00 PM
Incorrect. Being homosexual is also natural and regular. In fact in Ancient Greece homosexuality was the norm, as older men formed romantic relations with younger boys. Several species of animals contains members that are homosexual, several hundred in fact. Among them are grizzlies, gorillas, monkeys, penguins, owls, flamingos, rams, etc. Anyways here's the real information. Look under terminology/slang http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heterosexuality

The problem is, there will almost always be more Christians and atheists which cause atheists to be "in the closet" because they fear the public out-lash similar to homosexuals. There will always statistically be a minority, and that minority will be punished (unless the minority happens to be the elite...1%ers)... Also I find it strange that your school does not allow anything to do with religions. I think it's due to your grade level. For example, when taking World History, one of our required books was titled "The World's Religions" and we frequently discuss religions and have Socratic seminars during class....
How does it make sense to you that being gay is okay but doing gay actions is wrong? That's like saying it's okay to like movies, but watching them is wrong. There is nothing wrong with it. If you're religious and you point to a few lines in Leviticus and Deuteronomy, go ahead, pick and choose your lines. That's incredibly hypocritical to choose parts of the Bible that favor your ideology. Follow the Bible in entirety, if you like some of the rules, obey them all. Don't eat pork, shellfish, goats, etc. Stone people, force victims of rape to marry their rapists etc...

I don't know if you're naive or anything, but having sex with anyone causes STDs/STIs...It doesn't matter if you're gay or straight.
Why aren't they curvy? That makes it sound like they are in the wrong, while they are NOT.

Edit:

So are you a deist or do you believe in a personal God?

Tis life my friend.

1. You have very good reasoning youg'n. Lol
2. It is just the way my school works.
3. It is not actionS, but that one action. And it does not spread STDs, it starts them. Like i said these are all my beliefs.
4. I actually do not eat shellfish, pork, or goat, and I would go to jail if i did the rest you listed.
5. You seem to do alot of studying. I respect youfor that.
6. There are a lot of things that are naturally curvy, and curvy does not sound bad in any way.

ADMex1
02-23-2014, 10:24 PM
Yes, you may please yourself but will you please God by accepting any belief? No.

Out of pure curiosity, how do you personally know what pleases God Himself?

It is to my understanding that no matter what Man does, that this "God" will always be there to forgive us, and accept us for all that we are.
And do not forget, that religion emerged for a few prime reasons: To answer the questions that we do not have a definite answer to, as religions is a Man-Made creation. And also for Power and Ruling over others. So think about that.

I may reveal my personal beliefs later....

Yankee
02-23-2014, 10:26 PM
1. You have very good reasoning youg'n. Lol
2. It is just the way my school works.
3. It is not actionS, but that one action. And it does not spread STDs, it starts them. Like i said these are all my beliefs.
4. I actually do not eat shellfish, pork, or goat, and I would go to jail if i did the rest you listed.
5. You seem to do alot of studying. I respect youfor that.
6. There are a lot of things that are naturally curvy, and curvy does not sound bad in any way.
Wow, that's surprising that you adhere to Leviticus and Deuteronomy and others so strictly. So I take it that you don't sell land, will not shave, have flower gardens, will never divorce, get tattoos, eat cheeseburgers, wear polyester clothing, gold necklaces, expensive clothes, etc. The whole shebang? Wow, I would never be able to live without my bacon/cheeseburgers. Literally the first case I've heard of people abiding so closely to the Old Testament. Nice.

Also curvy carries the connotation of an attractive female...Yeah, um...
Edit: and the whole starting STDs is a myth.

So, out of the 7 billion people in the world, 2 of which are Christians, people who have never been introduced to Christianity or have been raised in a household of a different belief, 5 billion people cannot not please your God? If they do not please him, are they condemned to Hell? Is the majority of the population condemned to Hell at birth then? Just asking...

Moxide
02-23-2014, 11:34 PM
Let me make a quick statement about religion, it is one of the worst things to exist on this world. It forces people to discriminate against others and starts far too many wars. Even myths are created about various subjects, even homosexual people magically creating STDs. Without religion, we would have a better environment to live in, not as many stupid debates alike this one. This started because of iConstruct discriminating against homosexuals and Mitcho standing up for equality. Before you make a statement about that being 'expressing your beliefs', there's a fine line between that and straight on offending a large group of people.

Buddhism is a religion that I personally admire. It teaches people to not be discriminant, self-censored, narrow-minded *******s, but actually help one another no matter what.

iConstruct is the antagonist. Stop defending her/him/it as they started this by discriminating against a group of people. Mitcho's statement was an expression of HIS religion after iConstruct finished stating hers/its/his.

Unnecessary Information Time; I'm 12 :D!

bigjohn
02-23-2014, 11:45 PM
So, out of the 7 billion people in the world, 2 of which are Christians, people who have never been introduced to Christianity or have been raised in a household of a different belief, 5 billion people cannot not please your God? If they do not please him, are they condemned to Hell? Is the majority of the population condemned to Hell at birth then? Just asking...

No, God will not condemn you if you were never told the good news and if you truly believe you are doing the right thing to please him, he will accept you.

Flamehound
02-23-2014, 11:55 PM

The "Big Bang" came from a area of pressurized gas and energy and created a huge explosion due to the pressure contained in the area. All matter that existed was either created or was present there. The universe is still expanding as we speak. That was an extremely brief summary. For the whole explanation, go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang

Yankee
02-23-2014, 11:56 PM
No, God will not condemn you if you were never told the good news and if you truly believe you are doing the right thing to please him, he will accept you.
So theoretically, I'm a Buddhist, or Hindu, atheist, etc. I've been brought up my entire life with a different set of principles and beliefs. Thus the Chrisitan God is introduced me by a missionary. I choose not to believe him do to the fact I have been told on the contrary my entire life. If I die this way, believing my own gods or lack thereof, and Chrisitianity is true, am I good to go? Will I go to Heavan despite rejecting him in favor for my family, culture, and historic beliefs?

Solorien
02-24-2014, 12:49 AM
NO personal attacks allowed. Present YOUR opinion and back it up with reasoning, but no attacking individuals. Thanks.

MightyBOOSH
02-24-2014, 01:04 AM
The "Big Bang" came from a area of pressurized gas and energy and created a huge explosion due to the pressure contained in the area. All matter that existed was either created or was present there. The universe is still expanding as we speak. That was an extremely brief summary. For the whole explanation, go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang

What truly blows my mind isn't so much origins but why everyone isn't going "where did all those elements originate?"...most shout "God, that's where!"...but that is just a simple answer. "God" and "Gods" have been a way to explain what mankind does not have any other explanation for. At the same time, the wrong kind of people have used religion and deities as oppressive forces or a means to invoke their will. As science, history, and other intellectual fields develop and advance, so do the explanations. Even the theories science holds so dear are changing and being disproved. Theories are a scientist's scriptures. The point I've been driving at is one that seems to be getting expressed in other ways. We only know so much and that knowledge continues to change with time. At one point the Earth was flat and it was blasphemy to say otherwise. Well, exploration changed that quick and always will. Science does not threaten God nor God threaten science. It is mankind that threaten both by using them for their own agendas and what goes around comes around one way or another. To oppress is to become oppressed. To deceive is to become deceived.

Now, if you want some reality, here ya go:
VIDEO REMOVED BECAUSE IT DOESNT FOLLOW FORUM OR THREAD RULES. SORRY.