PDA

View Full Version : We need some weapons

bellybutton
01-16-2003, 12:53 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I have noticed that padlocks don't help for jack. What we need are weapons. You only get them at your own funeral parlor and they should be cheaper than upper level classes. Like, 12 gold for a baseball bat that would do +1 more damage, 15 gold for an aluminum baseball bat that will do +1 damage and first strike, etc. You like?

Hori
01-16-2003, 04:41 AM
yeah i like this idea.

although i reckon they should give you a permanent boost to your strength or hitpoints until they are broken (like the lockpick)

so for instance alongside the Lockpick under "sercurity" you could have 'baseball bat' which gives you +1 strength and 'chest protecter' which gives you +4 or 5 hitpoints these could sustain damage ever time you are in a fight and therefore eventually break.

mimifish
01-18-2003, 05:00 AM
As usual, Hori is probably expecting my opposition, http://www.rtsoft.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif so let me say it...

The basic idea is fine, but it seems to me that the weapon option is only for defensive purpose. If you can bring the weapon or chest protector with you while you go visiting your competitors, then there would be no need to have weapons or protection since they serve exactly the same purpose as strength and HitPoints.

Because right now only the attacker can have soul smash and never miss, it would be a nice addition to give people more options to protect themselves.

Basebal bat can give you 1 extra strength and chest protection can reduce 1 damage caused by the intruder. To make things more interesting, the attacker can break the defender's baseball bat if he wins. Also the attacker can take away the chest protection if he wins. If he has already owned one protection, he can sell it back to DI-Mart for half of the gold tags.