PDA

View Full Version : Working on a manga title.

GBAGamer
03-14-2014, 12:46 AM
I'm working on a manga title right now. I'm working on my drawing skills online and I'm doing good so far. Here's some information (P.S. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH GROWTOPIA.)

It's a story about a boy who obtains gloves that have large power. The power grows as he ages..but there's a catch. He'll die when he's 18. But there's a way to stop that. He needs to get to the center of the polished gravel. The boys name is. Kydoya rai he's also 12. He earns many friendships on his adventure...but many enemies to...immensely strong enemies with huge power..

Those are my ideas for now. I'm working on my drawing skills on paper first then I'll take it online. Since I don't think I'll ever be able to get it published. I'll post the chapter online. May take a while..but once the first chapter gets out its gonna be easy from there! And I really need to get growtopia out of my head or else it'll interfere with my work.

(also its fine if you don't believe me. All I need is some support. That's all. Oh and these are not all my ideas. I have way more. Just tell me if you want some more info about the chapter and then I'll give it cause I'm to lazy to post it now ..

Rabidpotato
03-14-2014, 01:08 AM
That's actually a great story idea! But remember to copyright your work so it won't get stolen.

But what's the polished gravel? Sounds kinda bizarre. Or it was an autocorrect mistake...

GBAGamer
03-14-2014, 01:11 AM
That's actually a great story idea! But remember to copyright your work so it won't get stolen.

But what's the polished gravel? Sounds kinda bizarre. Or it was an autocorrect mistake...

Sure I'll keep that in mind!

Polished gravel is a land with amazing and bizarre dangers! It also has graval that is said that when somebody touches it. They never return. Nobody has touched it and has been seen again.. I have way more ideas! And I think the plot works for it to! If Kydoya ever reaches that place :sweatdrop:

Rabidpotato
03-14-2014, 01:16 AM
Do you have any sketches yet?

GBAGamer
03-14-2014, 01:19 AM
Forgot to mention. I don't know but if I find a way maybe I can make copies of the book (when it's finished which probably won't be for months cause I want the art to look good.) I'll MAYBE send copies to addresses..maybe even sell em on eBay or whatever .-. I don't care about the money I just want people to actually READ it .-.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have any sketches yet?

Like real art for the manga chapter?..maybe I can whip something up during school.. I have this great pose for Kydoya planned! But I can't find my camera..gimme a second. "gets butt off of fat chair"

Tech
03-14-2014, 01:23 AM
Hope you get your book made to a comic then publish it to Scholastic soon. But I bet they will never be able to see it beacause Scholastic is a book for school company they just don't go to the forums randomly and see your story.

This might be good for Koreans. Lots of Koreans like anime. Hopefully cynicals will see your great drawings and story lines. Good luck on the story GBA gamer! Question : When will you be back on Growtopia? :hat:

GBAGamer
03-14-2014, 01:27 AM
Hope you get your book made to a comic then publish it to Scholastic soon. But I bet they will never be able to see it beacause Scholastic is a book for school company they just don't go to the forums randomly and see your story.

This might be good for Koreans. Lots of Koreans like anime. Hopefully cynicals will see your great drawings and story lines. Good luck on the story GBA gamer! Question : When will you be back on Growtopia? :hat:

Why did you even mention scholastic ._. I'll just print out the cover attach it to the printed pages of my art and then I'm done! Easy. But to make copies I'm gonna have to repeat that! And I'm willing to.
I don't care which race reads it I just want people to enjoy it. It's not gonna be an official manga but it's gonna be close enough.
Also I don't think I'll have any time with growtopia cause I want this chapter printed ASAP.

GBAGamer
03-14-2014, 01:45 AM
I need some opinions.

Is it better for the story if Kydoya the protagonist travels alone and fights alone or has friends on his travels. But it seems way to cliche for me.

COLTONROCKO
03-14-2014, 01:54 AM
Awesome... pure awesome!

*claps*

GBAGamer
03-14-2014, 01:57 AM
Awesome... pure awesome!

*claps*

Thanks! But please stop high fiving me. I think I just got sick from your Internet germs.

Rabidpotato
03-14-2014, 02:20 AM
I need some opinions.

Is it better for the story if Kydoya the protagonist travels alone and fights alone or has friends on his travels. But it seems way to cliche for me.

Yes, he should have friends.
But if the polished gravel is a huge mysterious world have some cool characters join him along the journey.

- - - Updated - - -

Scholastic?! If his manga was actually published it would be from Yen press or another company.
Also, it's the Japanese... Not the Koreans.

GBAGamer
03-14-2014, 02:21 AM
But if the polished gravel is a huge mysterious world have some cool characters join him along the journey.

I'll see what I can do. But I can't do anything now. I'm waiting for my manga supplies that I ordered. Why do I have to wait .-.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Scholastic?! If his manga was actually published it would be from Yen press or another company.

If it was published by shonen jump that would be amazing (^_^)☆

Rabidpotato
03-14-2014, 02:24 AM
I'll see what I can do. But I can't do anything now. I'm waiting for my manga supplies that I ordered. Why do I have to wait .-.

- - - Updated - - -

If it was published by shonen jump that would be amazing (^_^)☆

That would be sweet!
I'm trying to learn how to draw manga. I'm starting to get pretty good at it.

GBAGamer
03-14-2014, 02:26 AM
That would be sweet!
I'm trying to learn how to draw manga. I'm starting to get pretty good at it.

Try practicing by drawing your characters with different poses faces and emotions. That's how I'm practicing. Next I'm working on the body. And if I get into shonen jump my character might even be added to the new jump victory vs game! "shrieks internally" but this is a maybe..my manga might be boring as hell for all I know : s

Magicalfishy
03-14-2014, 02:27 AM
Do my eyes deceive me or... do I sense an
O-o-o-o-o-o-o-n-n-n-n-e-e-e-e Piece reference.

I was thinking of making some epic Manga later on in life but then I bumped into One Piece. I was so shocked at how wonderful it was so I thought to myself there is no way anything could top it... so I gave that goal up.

Rabidpotato
03-14-2014, 02:28 AM
So...
What if someone made a yoai or yuri of your manga?

GBAGamer
03-14-2014, 02:30 AM

SHUT UP BAKA! :(

I was thinking of one piece when I got the idea but it's a journey to a land of great mystery. Not some pirates running around like idiots trying to get to the grand line. (jk I love one piece)

- - - Updated - - -

So...
What if someone made a yoai or yuri of your manga?

OH HELL NO........

GBAGamer
03-14-2014, 03:17 AM

I was thinking of making some epic Manga later on in life but then I bumped into One Piece. I was so shocked at how wonderful it was so I thought to myself there is no way anything could top it... so I gave that goal up.

I want people to enjoy my manga. And I'm surprised why nobody even asked what the manga title is.
(it's called Gloves of freedom) or maybe I'll change the name later. But I hope people read my manga..and the possibilities if shonen jump publishes it ._.

minha1234
03-14-2014, 03:38 AM
Nice plot. (Though I kinda think the protagonist should a bit older—dunno if it's just my personal preference)

Ehh, true, but Asian in general. Although, people of all races enjoy it.

Anyway, I think that companions joining him along the journey would be better than him traveling alone, or people that he meets on his journey helping him out at the least (because if it was him alone, he would seem too OP).

Would be cool to have it appear on Shonen Jump, yeah.

GBAGamer
03-14-2014, 03:46 AM
Nice plot. (Though I kinda think the protagonist should a bit older—dunno if it's just my personal preference)

Ehh, true, but Asian in general. Although, people of all races enjoy it.

Anyway, I think that companions joining him along the journey would be better than him traveling alone, or people that he meets on his journey helping him out at the least (because if it was him alone, he would seem too OP).

Would be cool to have it appear on Shonen Jump, yeah.

If it appeared in shonen jump it might appear in the next jump victory stars vs but eh. I need to get my drawing skills better if I want to make a dope manga like this.
But with his companions. I don't know it just seems that there are to much manga out there with a protagonist that always travels with a companion but if it's recommended I'll try it out. And for kydoyas age. I was gonna make him 16 but I want this manga to last long and if he gets to the center of Polished gravel then the manga would be to short :/ but for me I think 12-13 is best. Or maybe 14 i don't know but maybe I'll just take out the whole 18 year old part and bump it up to 21 or so. MAYBE EVEN MAKE IT UNKNOWN! But I have high hopes for this manga. I don't care if I get money for it I just want people to enjoy it.

GBAGamer
03-14-2014, 10:37 PM
I ordered manga tools and there coming tomorrow! Was that a bad idea?