PDA

View Full Version : Spring Break occurance. (Emotionally heartbroken)

writer
03-18-2014, 04:19 AM
Warning for whom may be emotionally sensitive.

I wanted to take a break from all that BLARNEY parkour to share my experience this past spring break, so here it goes:

March 10th the world could of guessed less on what would of occurred this very day. It was the first day of Spring break so my parents and I wanted to visit our cousins over in Garland, TX. (I lived in Hurst, TX. If you live in TX you'd know that they are not close at all.) It was a great morning trip to there, I like always put on my headphones and listened to music all the way to Garland. We arrived there, myself and my cousins where really exited on seeing each other. (My family rarely visits.) We played outside onto like 1:00 PM. My mother wanted to go to store to buy some cookies for tomorrows breakfast, but as gentlemen my father is, he insisted to go. My father invited me and my cousin Nicholas, so we went. My father noted that the van had not much gas since the trip, that said we went to a nearby gas station. That's when the tragedy started. My dad stopped by to pump the gas, me and Nico went inside to get some chips (which my dad gave money to purchase). All of the sudden the store was getting robbed, the robber had a weapon. The robber yelled out: "Get down right now!" He spoke with the cashier, but I could not make out what he was saying. I trying to protect my cousin stood up and tried reasoning with the robber. The robber did not take it very well, so he- shot at me. All of the sudden my cousin stood up and took the bullet for me. I tried to help but all I could do was cry. I was in huge agony and depression, Nico was bleeding from his chest. The cops had arrived, the robber could not escape, he was hand-cuffed and taken away. My dad was the one who called the cops. He was too scared to go in to help which I totally understand. Later that evening, we went to the hospital and quickly got helped by the nearby attendant. It had been 19 hours since we arrived. I was wide awake since I was too worried. Minutes passed, waiting in tears filled with shame. My aunt as any mom would of reacted was upset and really worried. Finally, Dr. Young walked towards me to give me and my parents the most painful news, I had ever heard. My cousin, Nicholas Rivas had died. This is making me cry, im sorry maybe later i'll finish. I need to get my mind onto something else. :cry:

Universe
03-18-2014, 04:28 AM

I wanted to take a break from all that BLARNEY parkour to share my experience this past spring break, so here it goes:

March 10th the world could of guessed less on what would of occurred this very day. It was the first day of Spring break so my parents and I wanted to visit our cousins over in Garland, TX. (I lived in Hurst, TX. If you live in TX you'd know that they are not close at all.) It was a great morning trip to there, I like always put on my headphones and listened to music all the way to Garland. We arrived there, myself and my cousins where really exited on seeing each other. (My family rarely visits.) We played outside onto like 1:00 PM. My mother wanted to go to store to buy some cookies for tomorrows breakfast, but as gentlemen my father is, he insisted to go. My father invited me and my cousin Nicholas, so we went. My father noted that the van had not much gas since the trip, that said we went to a nearby gas station. That's when the tragedy started. My dad stopped by to pump the gas, me and Nico went inside to get some chips (which my dad gave money to purchase). All of the sudden the store was getting robbed, the robber had a weapon. The robber yelled out: "Get down right now!" He spoke with the cashier, but I could not make out what he was saying. I trying to protect my cousin stood up and tried reasoning with the robber. The robber did not take it very well, so he- shot at me. All of the sudden my cousin stood up and took the bullet for me. I tried to help but all I could do was cry. I was in huge agony and depression, Nico was bleeding from his chest. The cops had arrived, the robber could not escape, he was hand-cuffed and taken away. My dad was the one who called the cops. He was too scared to go in to help which I totally understand. Later that evening, we went to the hospital and quickly got helped by the nearby attendant. It had been 19 hours since we arrived. I was wide awake since I was too worried. Minutes passed, waiting in tears filled with shame. My aunt as any mom would of reacted was upset and really worried. Finally, Dr. Young walked towards me to give me and my parents the most painful news, I had ever heard. My cousin, Nicholas Rivas had died. This is making me cry, im sorry maybe later i'll finish. I need to get my mind onto something else. :cry:

Sorry for your loss :'(
(Off-topic) My name is Nicholas, too

Timewarper
03-18-2014, 04:31 AM

I am in sorrow for your lost, but as sad as it is you should NEVER reason with an armed person! Dang it...I didn't read the warning!

Rabidpotato
03-18-2014, 04:32 AM
I'm not saying that you aren't telling the truth but I searched the web for news stories on this, there was nothing. Also, there is no possible way your cousin would be able to jump up that fast to block the bullet.

Timewarper
03-18-2014, 04:34 AM
I'm not saying that you aren't telling the truth but I searched the web for news stories on this, there was nothing. Also, there is no possible way your cousin would be able to jump up that fast to block the bullet.

They don't have to have a news report....also maybe he had quick reflexes? I don't know, you two argue or something.

LittleSirP
03-18-2014, 04:55 AM
Dang... I feel mushy now. Sorry for your loss.
-Little

Tifa
03-18-2014, 05:10 AM

It doesn't take quick reflexes to walk up in front of someone and take a bullet for them, usually the person with the gun takes a while before he shoots too while he's pointing the gun.

What i can't believe is how courageous you and your cousin acted in that scary situation. I'm sorry for your lost.

Edwardson97
03-18-2014, 05:18 AM
That's a brave little cousin you got sir. A courageous one.:hug:

Rabidpotato
03-18-2014, 05:35 AM
It doesn't take quick reflexes to walk up in front of someone and take a bullet for them, usually the person with the gun takes a while before he shoots too while he's pointing the gun.

What i can't believe is how courageous you and your cousin acted in that scary situation. I'm sorry for your lost.

He said the man fired the gun then his cousin stood up and blocked it.

l0l
03-18-2014, 03:26 PM
Well, I doubt if it's true. I agree on Rabid's point it probably would've been on news.

Dinnet
03-18-2014, 03:38 PM

I'm sorry for your lost my father committed suicide last night so we almost have one think in common

Bye I'm so sorry for you man cheer up my username on growtopia is creeper41 we will talk this out:wave:

l0l
03-18-2014, 03:59 PM
I'm sorry for your lost my father committed suicide last night so we almost have one think in common

Bye I'm so sorry for you man cheer up my username on growtopia is creeper41 we will talk this out:wave:

Yeah my brother got ran over by a car, my dog died because a plane crashed into it and my cousin died because a guy shot him from a rocket launcher yesterday.

Magicalfishy
03-18-2014, 04:24 PM
I am in sorrow for your lost, but as sad as it is you should NEVER reason with an armed person! Dang it...I didn't read the warning!

I don't reason, I pick fights. If someone is threatening to do something evil, I immediately step up no matter what the cost.

Dodo Wizard
03-18-2014, 04:43 PM
Yeah my brother got ran over by a car, my dog died because a plane crashed into it and my cousin died because a guy shot him from a rocket launcher yesterday.

Only the brother getting ran over by a car sounds real..your dog died of a plane falling out of the sky and landing on it? I'm sorry, but that sounds funny.

Legoaddict
03-18-2014, 05:00 PM
This is so sad. I almost cried, and I'm not one of those very emotional people. People like your cousin are people I look up to.

Neokje1
03-18-2014, 05:05 PM
No we're is written if this is real, or just a story.
If it's real, I'm very sorry for your loss and hope that you get over it soon.
And if it's a story, maybe smart to put that somewhere next time:sweatdrop:

~neokje1

Tifa
03-18-2014, 05:40 PM
I don't reason, I pick fights. If someone is threatening to do something evil, I immediately step up no matter what the cost.

It's not about how you're going down, its who you take down with you.

Spotlight
03-18-2014, 06:27 PM

I believe that statement is fake
If your father died last night. You wouldn't be on forums for a video game smh
"Oh yea my father died lol"
Doesn't sound true, suicide is NOTHING to joke about

Magicalfishy
03-18-2014, 11:29 PM
It's not about how you're going down, its who you take down with you.

I never said anything about "Going Down," I was simply making my statement on taking on evil.

This is nothing to joke about. People die every day and it's not a laughing matter. Some die from pure idioticness, some die for their own hopes and dreams, some die from being murdered, some die on accident, some die to protect something, some die from persecution, and some commit suicide.

The point is, death is not something to joke about.

writer
03-19-2014, 12:27 AM
I appreciate for those who responded positively, that made my day.
For those who think this is fake, it's not. I was kinda teary when I typed this and did not pay much attention to the way I wrote it. :hug:

GBAGamer
03-19-2014, 12:40 AM
Your cousin who died which I highly doubt did a mistake. I mean if he has time to jump in front of the bullet you have time to jump out of the way.

Megazork
03-19-2014, 12:44 AM
Still skeptical about the story, what was the gas station called?

writer
03-19-2014, 12:45 AM
Your cousin who died which I highly doubt did a mistake. I mean if he has time to jump in front of the bullet you have time to jump out of the way.

Have you been to a Valero gas station? There small or atleast in my city. When you panic and want to protect who you love, you dont think in an instant. I could not predict when he would of shot either. :sweatdrop: Like I said, I was teary when I typed this so I dint put the maximum detail. If you really dont understand what it is to experience this, I'd say you remain quiet. :cry:

GBAGamer
03-19-2014, 12:53 AM
Have you been to a Valero gas station? There small or atleast in my city. When you panic and want to protect who you love, you dont think in an instant. I could not predict when he would of shot either. :sweatdrop: Like I said, I was teary when I typed this so I dint put the maximum detail. If you really dont understand what it is to experience this, I'd say you remain quiet. :cry:

Mourning over a loved ones loss is not a way to go. Just stand up look forward and move on. There's nothing you can do about it.

Tifa
03-19-2014, 01:16 AM

In any case, they both would've been shot, though the chances are low, knowing that once the shooter kills someone, he realizes there's no need to harm again because he has time to run. I'm sorry Writer, but it seems your cousin wanted to be the first one to be shot. I mean i wouldn't want to live knowing that i did nothing to stop the gunman, but that doesn't mean you should feel this way either, if you don't live your life gratefully from now on then you're cousin died in vain taking your bullet for no reason.

Again I'm sorry, i can't say that there was nothing you could've done, you spoke out and the shooter saw that you guys were a harm and he acted. If anything, you should blame the shooter, why would the guy shoot a harmless kid and then not make a run for it after?

GBAGamer
03-19-2014, 01:22 AM
In any case, they both would've been shot, though the chances are low, knowing that once the shooter kills someone, he realizes there's no need to harm again because he has time to run. I'm sorry Writer, but it seems your cousin wanted to be the first one to be shot. I mean i wouldn't want to live knowing that i did nothing to stop the gunman, but that doesn't mean you should feel this way either, if you don't live your life gratefully from now on then you're cousin died in vain taking your bullet for no reason.

Again I'm sorry, i can't say that there was nothing you could've done, you spoke out and the shooter saw that you guys were a harm and he acted. If anything, you should blame the shooter, why would the guy shoot a harmless kid and then not make a run for it after?

Still that must've been traumatizing for him (if this is real) I mean I'm surprised he had enough smarts to post this online so now were all sad.

Anulot
03-19-2014, 01:32 AM
Writer, I'm so sorry to hear this.