PDA

View Full Version : Divergent: How was it? (Convo starter)

LittleSirP
03-26-2014, 11:21 AM
So, I'm getting a bit bored of waiting on the forums for a new thread.
Anyway, there's a novel I'm reading (Half way done, It's nice.) called "Divergent".
If any of you read the book, how was it?
I also haven't seen the movie, how was it?
-Little

Anulot
03-26-2014, 10:02 PM
I liked it... Also...
Spoilers are here for a reason too, if someone hasn't read it and wanders into this thread, you may spoiler some major plot points for them, just a heads up to anyone else

MeeMo11
03-26-2014, 10:05 PM
Anyway, there's a novel I'm reading (Half way done, It's nice.) called "Divergent".
-Little

I am going to read the book series of course why wouldn't I. But first I need to finish up reading The Hunger games. I want to see the movie soo bad I was going to go but.... I had something going on that day.

minha1234
03-26-2014, 10:23 PM
The Divergent trilogy was good.

(Don't click below if not yet finished with/planning to read the trilogy)
The death, in the last book, was interesting. I'm glad the main characters don't have, like this magical happy ending where they live together and marry and anything like in so many books because.. well, it would seem unreal.

Anulot
03-27-2014, 12:12 AM
The Divergent trilogy was good.

(Don't click below if not yet finished with/planning to read the trilogy)
The death, in the last book, was interesting. I'm glad the main characters don't have, like this magical happy ending where they live together and marry and anything like in so many books because.. well, it would seem unreal.

Yes minha, I agree. I read the books because I figured, "so much buzz about them, I might as well give them a try". And they turned out actually, good.

COLTONROCKO
03-27-2014, 12:15 AM
-Little
It was a awesome book series... you are far behind sir! I love the part where... JK!

You still need to read Insurgent and Alligent (Can't spell it..)

Beatrice... FOR THE WIN!

Dauntless..

LittleSirP
03-27-2014, 01:15 AM
I'm a slow reader, I started reading the book last week Sunday, and I'm still in the middle.
Dauntless is brutal...:nope:
-Litte

GBAGamer
03-27-2014, 01:19 AM
The movie trailer reminded me of Doritos. Or was it the hunger games..

Tech
03-27-2014, 01:24 AM
Well, this is a spoiler if you don't want to pay for the movie just see this.

It's about a girl that takes a test and the doctor says she's "Divergent" and the people want to kill her beacause a Divergent person can mess up the world system. And she has to fight while this guy helps her and blah blah blah blah!

GBAGamer
03-27-2014, 01:30 AM
Well, this is a spoiler if you don't want to pay for the movie just see this.

It's about a girl that takes a test and the doctor says she's "Divergent" and the people want to kill her beacause a Divergent person can mess up the world system. And she has to fight while this guy helps her and blah blah blah blah!

Reminds me of twilight.

darkhawk
03-27-2014, 03:26 AM
The books were good. I haven't watched the movie yet but people say it isn't good. Btw Uriah isn't in the first film :/ he's going to be "introduced" formally in the second movie insurgent. One part of the movie I'm looking forward to is the zip lining scene ^_^

Btw Tech, Tori ( aka a doctor in your words ) is a dauntless member. She's a tattoo artist if I remember correctly. She just volunteered to do the aptitude tests for people.

Anyone else had a feeling they knew Four was Tobias when Tris met him?