PDA

View Full Version : Eggs. Lizard eggs.

Reballoo
03-28-2014, 03:11 AM
Today, I was putting stucco on a new wall of my house, and in the stucco bag, there were 5 eggs. They were burried in the stucco, so they were not bird eggs, and the bag was too high for them to be turtle eggs, so I assume they are lizard eggs. They are half the size of the end of a finger, and they are tinted different colors. I am taking care of them now, because they can not stay in the stucco bag, so before they hatch, I would like to know if there are any egg experts out there who can tell me what kind of eggs they are and how long it will be before they hatch.

darksnake99
03-28-2014, 06:35 PM
You live in Florida, I do too! You know those brown lizards? The brown anoles? Will, since they're everywhere, it's probably one of them. It could also be the more rare green anole, or just a plain old gecko. Anyway, you should carefully remove them and gently place them under a bush. No, I am not a lizard expert. I just like Florida wildlife.

Reballoo
04-05-2014, 11:44 PM
They were brown anole eggs. One of them hatched today, so we named him Eanie. The next four to hatch will be named Meanie, Minie, and Moe. I haven't decided on the last one. I can't put them outside because it freezes in my area every night. The rapid change in temperature is not good for them. Eanie is so adorable. He licked his eyes today, and his head is so much bigger than his body. I am feeding him ants and food pellets so far, and I would like to know what else brown anoles eat. Anybody know?

Maryjane
04-06-2014, 12:22 AM
Here's a website of it for ya :D

http://www.reptilesncritters.com/care-guide-brown-anole.php

Brown anoles liek crickets.

Boomer
04-06-2014, 02:55 PM
You live in Florida, I do too! You know those brown lizards? The brown anoles? Will, since they're everywhere, it's probably one of them. It could also be the more rare green anole, or just a plain old gecko. Anyway, you should carefully remove them and gently place them under a bush. No, I am not a lizard expert. I just like Florida wildlife.

Those "brown" anoles are just another color variant of the green anoles. Unless they're the Bahaman ones.

Cool that one hatched!

alias
04-06-2014, 03:55 PM
I used to keep one as a pet. Let him get a bit bigger and feed him crickets. For now ants and pellets will be good.

darksnake99
04-06-2014, 11:18 PM
Those "brown" anoles are just another color variant of the green anoles. Unless they're the Bahaman ones.

Cool that one hatched!
Actually, the brown anoles are invasive. They started competing with the native green anoles, and won. Now seeing a green anole is a rare event for me, because they've started dying out.

WindyLink560
04-17-2014, 01:32 AM
Spoilers!!