PDA

View Full Version : [ Guide - How to be a youtuber, for beginners! ]

COLTONROCKO
04-09-2014, 12:35 AM
Do you want to become a youtuber? Well you don't know how to learn the basics? Here's a guide on how you can!

Step by step on how to do it!

Channel Name - Make sure you come up with a catchy name, or a cool name you like. Now, don't make a youtube name called for example: Rick Roas, if thats your name, you don't want to make a youtube name like that, a catchy name makes your channel cooler!

Recording Software/Device - This is a huge part of your channel, if you have a iPod Touch and are using a horrible recorder, and the video is laggy, a lot of people will not watch your videos! Also, try to get recorders that don't have any letters or stuff on your screen! What I personally think is the best is Fraps - it is the #1 Video Game recorder out there for computers! Don't have a computer? Then get Display Recorder, to get this you will have to jailbreak your device iOS wise, and then download it or purchase it.

Speak - Speak in your videos! If your a shy guy, then your going to have a lot of trouble if you get big, cause then people would want to listen to your voice. Also when your recording say Growtopia, you don't want to type because it takes forever! Talking makes the video/channel 10x better than if you were typing! Plus it is easier to make subscribers! Also don't screw up in recording audio, and make sure you don't change a subject on something so fast!

Video Quality/Quantity - You want to get the best resolution that your Pc or editor can have, 360 is not good enough on devices because it is not clear, with Fraps its 480p but my recorder changes it to 1080p. Quantity - You want to come up with good video ideas, such as interviews and maybe a WOTD daily videos! Don't make videos about farming, unless you have a tutorial on that!

Title/Thumbnail - Thumbnails do help your channel make it better, but I haven't started using it because when I get done uploading a video it is really late at night and I have to go to sleep, and I just skip it. Thumbnails do look cool on your videos and I highly recommend using them! Title - Make sure whatever your talking about in the video is similar to the Title! Don't be like; 600 WLS! And then you start talking about worlds! That is pretty much misleading the video, and people do get mad!

Editor - Make sure you have a good editor on your channel! Don't have any money to pitch in for a editor? Well then here are the best free ones that are really easy to use:
Windows Movie Maker (Windows)
iMovie (Mac)

These editing softwares will really improve your channel by a ton! You can do a lot in your videos, such as add music, or talk over videos which is x10 better than talking while recording! You can also check out videos on your editing software for you!

Also, if you get copyright strikes in your channel, your channel can be removed! Use free music, theres a ton out there, look it up on youtube!

Patience - Patience will really help you a lot, and if you are not patience then your channel won't go well! Make sure you are patience on your channel rate in subscribers and all that!

Description - Make a good description, that will make your videos way professional! Also, don't be lazy when your about to finish the video such as uploading!

Spam - Do not spam on other peoples channels and if you wan't to make a thread on your video go ahead, make sure it is a good thread. Not this; "VIDEO READ NOW!" Make it like, here is the video guys and the video is all about yadadada...

That's all I have guys, if you follow these steps you will not only make your channel way better than if you just recorded and just uploaded, your channel will successfully grow!

Here are some links that are in my thread;

iMovie (http://www.apple.com/mac/imovie/)

Windows Movie Maker (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/movie-maker#t1=overview)

Fraps (http://www.fraps.com/)

Upload Youtube Videos (http://www.youtube.com/upload)

Like the thread? Comment down below if this helped also!

Thanks!

​~COLTONROCKO

QuitePrimula
04-09-2014, 12:42 AM
I have some suggestion.
Open Broadcaster Screen would be a good screen recorder. I tried it in my computer, and it's good (doesn't affect the memory of my laptop). It's FREE, too.

Shumentheny
04-09-2014, 12:52 AM
This helps a lot. Thank you for your information.

COLTONROCKO
04-10-2014, 01:05 AM
Thanks for the feedback everyone and bump :3

Megazork
04-10-2014, 01:07 AM
Very Delicious Guide, now im going to eat your soul

Straight from Seth

RocketCrush
04-10-2014, 01:14 AM
Thanks! :) And BTW, does anyone know a good screen recorder for Android devices? Thanks.

Hieu8102
04-10-2014, 01:56 AM
..and do live-streams! <-- This will definitely make growtopia more popular.

QuitePrimula
04-10-2014, 05:00 AM
Thanks! :) And BTW, does anyone know a good screen recorder for Android devices? Thanks.

Rooted Devices?

Jeremy012
04-10-2014, 07:09 AM

Screencast

Vange
04-14-2014, 03:36 AM
Do you want to become a youtuber? Well you don't know how to learn the basics? Here's a guide on how you can!

Channel Name - Make sure you come up with a catchy name, or a cool name you like. Now, don't make a youtube name called for example: Rick Roas, if thats your name, you don't want to make a youtube name like that, a catchy name makes your channel cooler!

Recording Software/Device - This is a huge part of your channel, if you have a iPod Touch and are using a horrible recorder, and the video is laggy, a lot of people will not watch your videos! Also, try to get recorders that don't have any letters or stuff on your screen! What I personally think is the best is Fraps - it is the #1 Video Game recorder out there for computers! Don't have a computer? Then get Display Recorder, to get this you will have to jailbreak your device iOS wise, and then download it or purchase it.

Speak - Speak in your videos! If your a shy guy, then your going to have a lot of trouble if you get big, cause then people would want to listen to your voice. Also when your recording say Growtopia, you don't want to type because it takes forever! Talking makes the video/channel 10x better than if you were typing! Plus it is easier to make subscribers! Also don't screw up in recording audio, and make sure you don't change a subject on something so fast!

Video Quality/Quantity - You want to get the best resolution that your Pc or editor can have, 360 is not good enough on devices because it is not clear, with Fraps its 480p but my recorder changes it to 1080p. Quantity - You want to come up with good video ideas, such as interviews and maybe a WOTD daily videos! Don't make videos about farming, unless you have a tutorial on that!

Title/Thumbnail - Thumbnails do help your channel make it better, but I haven't started using it because when I get done uploading a video it is really late at night and I have to go to sleep, and I just skip it. Thumbnails do look cool on your videos and I highly recommend using them! Title - Make sure whatever your talking about in the video is similar to the Title! Don't be like; 600 WLS! And then you start talking about worlds! That is pretty much misleading the video, and people do get mad!

Editor - Make sure you have a good editor on your channel! Don't have any money to pitch in for a editor? Well then here are the best free ones that are really easy to use:
iMovie (Mac)

These editing softwares will really improve your channel by a ton! You can do a lot in your videos, such as add music, or talk over videos which is x10 better than talking while recording! You can also check out videos on your editing software for you!

Also, if you get copyright strikes in your channel, your channel can be removed! Use free music, theres a ton out there, look it up on youtube!

Patience - Patience will really help you a lot, and if you are not patience then your channel won't go well! Make sure you are patience on your channel rate in subscribers and all that!

Description - Make a good description, that will make your videos way professional! Also, don't be lazy when your about to finish the video such as uploading!

Spam - Do not spam on other peoples channels and if you wan't to make a thread on your video go ahead, make sure it is a good thread. Not this; "VIDEO READ NOW!" Make it like, here is the video guys and the video is all about yadadada...

That's all I have guys, if you follow these steps you will not only make your channel way better than if you just recorded and just uploaded, your channel will successfully grow!

Windows Movie Maker (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/movie-maker#t1=overview)

Thanks!

​~COLTONROCKO

EXCELLENT GUIDE COLT!!! I think you should add camtasia to the list though.

Christopher
04-17-2014, 12:54 AM
EXCELLENT GUIDE COLT!!! I think you should add camtasia to the list thoughts .

Are you serious? I don't think our parents will us buy something that costs 50.00

And fraps is 30 dollars, I wanna record for free. Is that too much of a sin?

Shumentheny
04-17-2014, 01:12 AM
This guide is very helpful. It gives all informations on different views. Very nice thread that Maeve me even want to record a video. Thank you very much for the information.

Friboy8
04-25-2014, 09:15 PM
Are you serious? I don't think our parents will us buy something that costs 50.00

And fraps is 30 dollars, I wanna record for free. Is that too much of a sin?

Of you download camtasia and then turn your internet off when installing it, when you enter a code (used one on internet) you get it for free ?!? XD

Disaster
04-25-2014, 09:18 PM

iMovie (Mac)

Thanks!

​~COLTONROCKO

We already know all this...

iGB
04-26-2014, 11:16 AM
Anybody knows a free screen recorder at ios ipad 2:sweatdrop:

Friboy8
04-26-2014, 11:40 AM
Anybody knows a free screen recorder at ios ipad 2:sweatdrop:

Ios6 yes!
Ios7 there is none

iGB
04-26-2014, 12:04 PM
Ios6 yes!
Ios7 there is none

Awww why did I updated it.. :'(

Maryjane
04-26-2014, 01:13 PM
If you guys can't get afford money even though you really wanna support the developers of the video editor.
Just go pirate. Arr!
You can buy it when you are older.

iGB
04-26-2014, 01:30 PM
If you guys can't get afford money even though you really wanna support the developers of the video editor.
Just go pirate. Arr!
You can buy it when you are older.
Oh okay thanks for the tip I appreciate it. :)

iYouTube
04-26-2014, 01:33 PM

iMovie (Mac)

Thanks!

​~COLTONROCKO

EXCELLENT GUIDE COLT!!! I think you should add camtasia to the list though.

Thanks for the feedback everyone and bump :3

Thanks for the help I discovered you need to pay for more than 30 seconds recording so that sucks I will keep an eye with my Bandicam thanks for the editor thingy :D G.L!:yeah::yeah:

iGB
04-29-2014, 09:51 AM
Ummmm,Any free screen recorders for PC the one with no limit of recording?

Dinobones62
04-29-2014, 04:22 PM
Bandicam is a pc!

COLTONROCKO
05-07-2014, 02:19 PM
BUMP... HEHEH

Chue Tou Yang
05-07-2014, 04:40 PM
Thanks im a new you tuber, and this info really helped about to get fraps on computer and idk how to jailbreak any other apps for devices? :p