PDA

View Full Version : BE CAREFUL FOR HEARTBLEED!

BethanyFuturama
04-12-2014, 05:49 PM
Heartbleed is a virus that steals info from you! There is a reason I am posting this on my BethanyFuturama account and it's because I DON'T WANT MY lolgal96 ACCOUNT TO GET HACKED! The virus steals passwords and sends out viruses to other people. I'm not logging in with my lolgal96 account for a reason. If you see any viruses coming from BethanyFuturama, it's a virus. Here is a link to check and see what sites are safe and which ones aren't. If it isn't sure, don't go there! I only went to rtsoft to inform you to GET OFF OF THIS SITE UNTIL WE ARE SURE IT IS SAFE!!
http://filippo.io/Heartbleed/

Ramon11124
04-12-2014, 09:12 PM
So scary D:

Boomer
04-12-2014, 09:14 PM
So, I'm supposed to stay of RT.com because you brought a virus over???

#ThinkMuch?

Friboy8
04-12-2014, 09:20 PM
I dun wanna click the link ...

MrSword48
04-12-2014, 09:20 PM
This is getting out of hand... I'm scared.

Timewarper
04-12-2014, 09:22 PM
Why the hell did you bring us a virus?!

Brys
04-12-2014, 09:25 PM
I dun wanna click the link ...

Me to I'm scurred I'm gunna cri..

optimuswhat
04-12-2014, 09:27 PM
Ugh...
Don't you guys have AVG and Vipre anti viruses?
No, Norton or Mcafee doesn't count. They're horrible.

And the link just has a program that tells you wether or not a site has the Heartbleed virus.

RT Soft is completely safe. Lolgal just has the virus in his PC. If Seth were to be a dummy and somehow put the virus into his servers (which he won't), then we'd be at risk.

Basically, you're safe. This thread is just... Uh... "False" drama.

Timewarper
04-12-2014, 09:28 PM
Ugh...
Don't you guys have AVG and Vipre anti viruses?
No, Norton or Mcafee doesn't count. They're horrible.

And the link just has a program that tells you wether or not a site has the Heartbleed virus.

Bethany said she brought over a virus, it isn't just the link.

optimuswhat
04-12-2014, 09:33 PM
Bethany said she brought over a virus, it isn't just the link.

Wouldn't that mean all of Growtopia is also at risk? The forums AND game servers are connected to the same server (remember how the forum AND game crashed at relatively the same time?).
And no, she didn't bring a virus over. We're completely safe. If you're really paranoid, then download Vipre (preferred) or AVG and run scans on this website.

The virus is simply attacking her PC. Which probably means her lolgal account is screwed if she forgot to erase her cookies.

If this virus really did attack the Servers, Seth would probably shut everything down until he can fix everything.

What I'm trying to say is that the forums, AND your Growtopia accounts are safe. She didn't bring the virus over (it doesn't work like that. It does not function like a real-life disease).

Timewarper
04-12-2014, 09:42 PM
Viruses are like bullies.
They stay around and kick you for hours. Not leaving. They just stand there and beat you up. They never leave.

31674 it kicked me to space.

optimuswhat
04-12-2014, 09:55 PM
31674 it kicked me to space.

They kicked space into your helmet.
ALL HAIL THE NEW RULER

Brennanber
04-12-2014, 11:55 PM
Does nobody realizes what this is? No, don't be worried. A security program used by all these websites were not using it the complete way its mean to. They fixed it immediately by updating to the latest version. Just change your passcode and you will be fine.

If I found a butter knife on the floor it doesn't mean murder was committed.

And I think seth doesn't use that type of security anyway...

Nobody knows if hackers already knew about this bug so its just safe to change your passcode anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

No, heartbleed is not a virus. Its a bug in a security program.

- - - Updated - - -

Heartbleed is a virus that steals info from you! There is a reason I am posting this on my BethanyFuturama account and it's because I DON'T WANT MY lolgal96 ACCOUNT TO GET HACKED! The virus steals passwords and sends out viruses to other people. I'm not logging in with my lolgal96 account for a reason. If you see any viruses coming from BethanyFuturama, it's a virus. Here is a link to check and see what sites are safe and which ones aren't. If it isn't sure, don't go there! I only went to rtsoft to inform you to GET OFF OF THIS SITE UNTIL WE ARE SURE IT IS SAFE!!
http://filippo.io/Heartbleed/

If you have no clue what you are reading, dont teach it.

Story:

A team of people were doing there daily job by reporting any bugs in their security program. They found out there was a "heartbleed" in the system and fixed it. Told everyone to update to the fix and change their passcodes in case hackers already knew about this.

This site is safe. No, a group of mad hackers didn't steal your growtopia account. (They would be pretty talented considering even seth cannot access the passcodes)

EasykGT
04-13-2014, 12:24 AM
I am still scared :cry:

optimuswhat
04-13-2014, 02:10 AM
I am still scared :cry:

Don't put extra stress on yourself.
The site is safe.
EVERYTHING is safe!

Here's the article: http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/heartbleed-web-security-bug-what-you-need-to-know-1.2603988

Blizzy
04-13-2014, 06:30 AM
I'm scared. Like. I'm seriously scared right now.
Sam here but I don't really use the Internet that much.

Maryjane
04-13-2014, 06:34 AM
There. Is . No. VIRUSS!
Just change your password. AVG will do its job just fine :3

Here is my feel gif of the thread.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-8o-R9tKJ68Q/UZ0oy0h0ggI/AAAAAAAAL-4/uyrDwbY5dzQ/s1600/i-dont-care.gif

Brennanber
04-13-2014, 06:35 PM
Ugh. How many times do I have to say.

HEARTBLEED HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH A VIRUS.