PDA

View Full Version : Discussion: life.

Liammagoo
04-17-2014, 10:07 PM
Well, let's get out brains working for a few minutes:

Why are we here? What is out purpose?
There are no right or wrong answers, so don't worry.

Brys
04-17-2014, 10:44 PM

We are here because of God. Our purpose is to.. Wait hold on a minute we are here to do what ever we

want to.

Cyanogen
04-17-2014, 10:48 PM
Space is so big yet we are so small.
The more questions you answer the more will be asked.

Triforce
04-17-2014, 10:49 PM
We are here because of God. Our purpose is to.. Wait hold on a minute we are here to do what ever we

want to.

Some people aren't Christians/whatever religion that worships one god/God.

Cyanogen
04-17-2014, 10:51 PM

Some people are.
You cannot discuss life without discussing what you believe in.

Cyanogen
04-17-2014, 10:54 PM
Also people need to stop thinking that their religion is 100% true.

If it is a religion, they believe in it 100%.
If they didn't, then they wouldn't believe in it.

You cannot tell people what to believe in. It is their choice and their's alone.

They may have had experiences which drives them to believe in their religion. Some of which you or science can not explain.

Brys
04-17-2014, 10:54 PM

Remember there isn't any wrong answers. So if you have a problem read the OP again.

Cyanogen
04-17-2014, 10:57 PM
I Didn't say anything about them having to believe in something else. It's there opinion but still it seems stupid to me. I believe in my religion but NOT 100%.

Hm.. So you believe that there is something up there but you are not sure?
Correct me if I am wrong please.

Cyanogen
04-17-2014, 11:01 PM
Yes exactly. I am not sure what is up there. I believe in my religion and I'm also skeptical about it.

Understood :3

Triforce
04-17-2014, 11:30 PM
If it is a religion, they believe in it 100%.
If they didn't, then they wouldn't believe in it.

You cannot tell people what to believe in. It is their choice and their's alone.

They may have had experiences which drives them to believe in their religion. Some of which you or science can not explain.

What can't science explain? Religion doesn't explain nearly as much as science has.

Also, I never told him to stop believing in his religion. I just simply stated that because it annoys me and other people when people talk about religion. I may or may not have had an issue with that.

optimuswhat
04-17-2014, 11:38 PM
A thread about life...
Gone religious...

You know, if humanity wasn't all over the Earth, we'd have one religion.
Religion debate topics would be NONEXISTENT! Ugh.

TheDarkWolf
04-17-2014, 11:43 PM
Learn to respect other people's opinions.
And before you even make a whole post about it.
I said it boggles me the fact that they think that their religion is 100% true even tho there is NO proof.
Never said that their opinion is stupid.

So not believing in the bible isn't a opinion you should respect? TF was stating her opinion and/or fact. Religion HASN'T explained as much as science has... She also said that it annoys her when people talk about religion- an opinion, I think.

@TF Since when did you become an atheist?

Edit:

A thread about life...
Gone religious...

"You can't discuss life without discussing what you believe in.", I quote.

Metalwire
04-18-2014, 12:06 AM
we are here for a purpose god has made us born we are all special in our own way don't let other people put you down because you are different. I was born because god sent me to help others and I know it because I had visions of him telling who I am and what I was here for.whether what religion we believe in we still are humans made of emotions that show our fate:prophet:

TheDarkWolf
04-18-2014, 12:50 AM
She said it annoys other people when religious people talk about religion. I simply told her to respect what they believe. Just as the way people respect what she believes.

I see what you mean. But how was she not respecting others' beliefs? She just said it irritates her when peeps talk about religious stuff.

Triforce
04-18-2014, 12:52 AM
So not believing in the bible isn't a opinion you should respect? TF was stating her opinion and/or fact. Religion HASN'T explained as much as science has... She also said that it annoys her when people talk about religion- an opinion, I think.

@TF Since when did you become an atheist?

Edit:

"You can't discuss life without discussing what you believe in.", I quote.

Miss, I never said I was an atheist.

Megazork
04-18-2014, 01:09 AM
What can't science explain? Religion doesn't explain nearly as much as science has.

Also, I never told him to stop believing in his religion. I just simply stated that because it annoys me and other people when people talk about religion. I may or may not have had an issue with that.

Science can't explain history. Yeah science consists of hypothesizing, remaking that process, and observation in order to find answers. You can't reiterate death or historical figures( the actual people ).

I am a Christian and I believe that if you attempt to give evidence of something to prove the actuality of something, doesn't that defeat the purpose of faith?

Megazork
04-18-2014, 01:20 AM
Religions can't explain history all that well either. I respect that you stick with your opinion but how could you be sure that your religion is real if there is NO evidence whatsoever proving the case. Having faith just defeats the purpose of facts and evidence. So they cancel each other out. I actually shared this in class and everybody started yelling at me.

Smh, you literally just switched my statement in your favor. Some things are left unexplained but as I said, that is what faith is all about. If we had proof and evidence of everything, there is no passion towards the religion.

Cyanogen
04-18-2014, 01:28 AM

I could make quite a big post on what I have experienced personally, but what I've experienced is a little innappropriate for the forums, and it would start a lot of debate.

The main point in Religion is Faith, not Proof.
Plus, I am religous although I do believe that science explain how things were done (how God did them).

This is honestly all my opinions etc so please don't get all defensive if you don't agree with me :3
If you want to discuss, then reply. If you want to argue, then don't.

LittleSirP
04-18-2014, 01:41 AM
Okay, let's just set the religion aside, and answer this with SCIENCE!
So, how did we get here in the first place?

LittleSirP
04-18-2014, 01:53 AM
History Channel - Aliens yada yada

History Channel- STORAGE WARS (I love this show.)

Maryjane
04-18-2014, 01:59 AM
History Channel- STORAGE WARS (I love this show.)

Crocodile Hunter -Steve Irwin yadayadayada
(that show was beast. Best shows of my childhood)

Iguana
04-18-2014, 02:09 AM
I like how everyone just assumes if you're an Atheist that you worship Satan or you're an evil-doer.

Metalwire
04-18-2014, 02:10 AM
I like how everyone just assumes if you're an Atheist that you worship Satan or you're an evil-doer.

people shouldn't judge by belief they should judge by the persons action physically, and mentally

Iguana
04-18-2014, 02:11 AM
people shouldn't judge by belief they should judge by the persons action physically, and mentally

People shouldn't judge others in any circumstances.

Disaster
04-18-2014, 02:21 AM
Unless they dip twix in ketchup then they are considered sick and twisted.

Or dip pancakes in vinegar oil and put a pop tart on it with honey mustard on it now that's is gross

LittleSirP
04-18-2014, 02:26 AM

History Channel- Cajun Pawn Stars
-The Pickers (The nose pickers)

Zillo
04-18-2014, 02:40 AM
You really should all stop bickering back and forth. First of all, this is not the place to be arguing about religion and science. Secondly, why is it that YOU judge somebody else over their beliefs? What gives you that right or power? Maybe who ever started the argument, shouldn't have. Just mind your own business.

Disaster
04-18-2014, 02:42 AM
You really should all stop bickering back and forth. First of all, this is not the place to be arguing about religion and science. Secondly, why is it that YOU judge somebody else over their beliefs? What gives you that right or power? Third, the person to post this thread shouldn't have started it, if knowing that everyone was going to have a big argument.

True Dat ^:wave:

GummiBear64
04-18-2014, 10:12 AM
I'm only here for the free food.

Steve Irwin FTW!

Wok ~0-0~
04-29-2014, 02:42 AM
I have very bad dreams of Satan when I talk too much about religion, but that doesn't stop me! God brought us here and our purpose to live is to experience living, enjoy life, then when you pass away/die from a certain disease or anything ~ your soul/ghost rises up to heaven so you can experience the after life. [Also meet Jesus Christ and God~]

Megazork
04-29-2014, 02:43 AM
I have very bad dreams of Satan when I talk too much about religion, but that doesn't stop me! God brought us here and our purpose to live is to experience living, enjoy life, then when you pass away/die from a certain disease or anything ~ your soul/ghost rises up to heaven so you can experience the after life. [Also meet Jesus Christ and God~]

Ya ya ya

10 Megazorks

Moxide
04-29-2014, 04:00 AM

We'are here 'cause the big bang went boom boom.
We're here to screw crap up with friends for 18 years and then get a job that you hate.

Life described.

Taigos
05-10-2014, 10:48 PM
We're here to post on this thread! :crazy: :prophet::prophet::prophet::prophet::prophet::prop het::prophet::prophet::prophet::prophet::prophet:: prophet::prophet::prophet::prophet::prophet::proph et::prophet::prophet::prophet::prophet:

<Insert Name Here>
05-10-2014, 10:51 PM

Why are we here? We're here to explore the great unknown. I'm sure there are multiple purposes why.