PDA

View Full Version : Why is it so hard to keep promises?

LittleSirP
04-21-2014, 02:22 PM
Whether it's a promise to yourself, or to another person, why is it so hard to abide by?
Like last night, I told my mom I'd sleep after reading 2 chapters of Insurgent (It's so thrilling!), but I kept on saying "I'll put the book down after one more chapter." And I read till 11.
Good God, I need help. HOW DO I CONTROL THIS READING THING?!

Maryjane
04-21-2014, 02:31 PM
Control it, feel it, let it go!!

Read away but don't read in the dark.

i have no idea how to control your reading problem...
Cuz coincidentally... I never found the answer to this myself.

Disaster
04-21-2014, 02:34 PM
Whether it's a promise to yourself, or to another person, why is it so hard to abide by?
Like last night, I told my mom I'd sleep after reading 2 chapters of Insurgent (It's so thrilling!), but I kept on saying "I'll put the book down after one more chapter." And I read till 11.

Set a alarm on your device.

Tech
04-21-2014, 02:35 PM

True dat. (10 Disasters.)

ScopeSwag
04-21-2014, 02:38 PM

I feel that way after watching an episode of SAO. I just watch a movie or play games.

Maryjane
04-21-2014, 02:41 PM

What if you were so in deep with the book and you forgot about your cellphone/gadget ?

ScopeSwag
04-21-2014, 02:50 PM
What if you were so in deep with the book and you forgot about your cellphone/gadget ?

Then you get surgery to implant an alarm in your ear that will send signals to your brain to wake you up.

Ramon11124
04-21-2014, 02:54 PM
Then you get surgery to implant an alarm in your ear that will send signals to your brain to wake you up.

That already happened to me.
(Plays too much Growtopia)