PDA

View Full Version : Know any good books?

ripply
04-25-2014, 12:58 AM
Well I love to read, so I thought I would see if anyone knows any good books. My all time favorite book is Ready Player One. If you want a summary
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9969571-ready-player-one# gives a pretty good summary. So if you have any books you really like feel free to share them:)

Reballoo
04-25-2014, 01:09 AM
I only read series, so Harry Potter, A Series of Unfortunate Events, Silver Wing, Spirit Animals, The Chronicles of Egg, All the Wrong Questions.

Disaster
04-25-2014, 01:09 AM
Well I love to read, so I thought I would see if anyone knows any good books. My all time favorite book is Ready Player One. If you want a summary
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9969571-ready-player-one# gives a pretty good summary. So if you have any books you really like feel free to share them:)

Mike Lupica books

IQuakers
04-25-2014, 01:11 AM
The Percy Jackson books are really cool and I like them I recommend it!

Saintz
04-25-2014, 01:13 AM
Divergent is a REALLY GOOD BOOK!

ripply
04-25-2014, 01:15 AM
I only read series, so Harry Potter, A Series of Unfortunate Events, Silver Wing, Spirit Animals, The Chronicles of Egg, All the Wrong Questions.
I've read harry potter and a series of unfortunate events, but I'll look up the others, thank you!

Mike Lupica books
Ah all the sports ones? I've read quite a few of those :p they are pretty good.

The Percy Jackson books are really cool and I like them I recommend it!
I love those :p I'm waiting for the next one, only a couple more months:)

- - - Updated - - -

Divergent is a REALLY GOOD BOOK!

There's two more after divergent :sweatdrop: DONT read the last one!!!

darksnake99
04-25-2014, 01:16 AM
Have you read the Tunnels book series? It's very captivating.

Disaster
04-25-2014, 01:17 AM

It's nice to know someone who lives in the MidWest too!

Reballoo
04-25-2014, 01:18 AM
I've read harry potter and a series of unfortunate events, but I'll look up the others, thank you!

Ah all the sports ones? I've read quite a few of those :p they are pretty good.

I love those :p I'm waiting for the next one, only a couple more months:)

The Silver Wing series has 3 books, and is finished. All the Wrong Questions is waiting on its 3rd book, and so is the Chronicles of Egg. Spirit Animals is coming very quickly, and is waiting for the 4rth book. Spirit Animals makes a book every 2 months, and All the Wrong Questions releases a new book every tear around October. the Chronicles of Egg is coming very slow. Haven't made a new book in a while. They are all very new series.

Disaster
04-25-2014, 01:18 AM

How bout the Hunger Games?

ripply
04-25-2014, 01:26 AM
Have you read the Tunnels book series? It's very captivating.
Actually I started them and stopped after the third or fourth book, right when they fell down into the middle of the earth:p I'll see if I can pick them up, or reread them:)

It's nice to know someone who lives in the MidWest too!
Oh I'm close, closer than you might think;)

The Silver Wing series has 3 books, and is finished. All the Wrong Questions is waiting on its 3rd book, and so is the Chronicles of Egg. Spirit Animals is coming very quickly, and is waiting for the 4rth book. Spirit Animals makes a book every 2 months, and All the Wrong Questions releases a new book every tear around October. the Chronicles of Egg is coming very slow. Haven't made a new book in a while. They are all very new series.
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell me that:) I'll definitely get the chronicles of egg, who doesn't love pirates? I like silver wings idea too:)

How bout the Hunger Games?
Ohhh, yes I read them before everyone got into them:p they where good, just not something I can reread. Its more discriptive so I remember what happens better, thank you though:)

darksnake99
04-25-2014, 01:28 AM
Actually I started them and stopped after the third or fourth book, right when they fell down into the middle of the earth:p I'll see if I can pick them up, or reread them:)
Okay, but BEWARE THE LAST BOOK! The last one was TERRIBLE.

ripply
04-25-2014, 01:29 AM
Okay, but BEWARE THE LAST BOOK! The last one was TERRIBLE.
Oh no just like divergents last book? -_-

darksnake99
04-25-2014, 01:31 AM
Oh no just like divergents last book? -_-
What? I haven't read Divergent.

ripply
04-25-2014, 01:33 AM
What? I haven't read Divergent.

Oh! I recommend the first and second book, not the third one -_-

LittleSirP
04-25-2014, 02:43 AM
Oh! I recommend the first and second book, not the third one -_-

WHY NOT?! I already bought the book. It's in the plastic seal. WHY... Tell us...

RocketCrush
04-25-2014, 02:46 AM

All the Wrong Questions! I like that book.

~ 400th post! ~ :yeah:

RevJustice
04-25-2014, 04:06 AM
Read this...

Jeremy012
04-25-2014, 04:11 AM
Twilight books
http://i62.tinypic.com/2wc0bbd.jpg

Tech
04-25-2014, 04:14 AM
Twilight books

AKA fan fics.

Reballoo
04-25-2014, 04:17 AM
All the Wrong Questions! I like that book.

~ 400th post! ~ :yeah:

Did you read them both?

Jeremy012
04-25-2014, 04:34 AM
AKA fan fics.

No

A.K.A greatest book of all time!

ripply
04-25-2014, 11:07 AM
WHY NOT?! I already bought the book. It's in the plastic seal. WHY... Tell us...
I can't tell you that would ruin it:p but it ends terribly..

Read this...
I've read that:) thank you though

Twilight books
I've read all those just because my girlfriend wanted me to -_- they are okay books, but they are not for me, my GF really liked them though. So its probably just me not really liking them :sweatdrop:

LittleSirP
04-25-2014, 01:49 PM
I can't tell you that would ruin it:p but it ends terribly..

I've read that:) thank you though

I've read all those just because my girlfriend wanted me to -_- they are okay books, but they are not for me, my GF really liked them though. So its probably just me not really liking them :sweatdrop:

No, does it end like a...
Like a post apocalyptic place? If it is, I will cry myself to sleep.

Boomer
04-25-2014, 02:37 PM
The Jack Reacher series are awesome.

MySuperCookie
04-25-2014, 02:56 PM
I liek my Spanish Lanugage Book :D

And my English Book, and Spanish Maths. :D

Well, I'm not that one who heard of those books, but I really enjoy French, Latin, Finnish, English and Spanish books, my really preferred ones. THere are LOTS I know, but yea, Divergent, The HUnger Games and so are the best.

:hug::hat:

ripply
04-25-2014, 04:01 PM
No, does it end like a...
Like a post apocalyptic place? If it is, I will cry myself to sleep.
I can't tell you :p

The Jack Reacher series are awesome.
Thank you :) I'll look into them:)

I liek my Spanish Lanugage Book :D

And my English Book, and Spanish Maths. :D

Well, I'm not that one who heard of those books, but I really enjoy French, Latin, Finnish, English and Spanish books, my really preferred ones. THere are LOTS I know, but yea, Divergent, The HUnger Games and so are the best.

:hug::hat:
I think I'll pass on those kinda books -_- haha:) thank you though:)

[Goldshard]
04-25-2014, 04:10 PM
Hunger games, the name of this book is secret series, Harry potter, Bone (Nit really a book. More of a graphic novel) Dang I can't really think or more. I need to read more series. After Mockingjay Divergant is probably next...

Moxide
04-25-2014, 07:56 PM
I love the Skulduggery Pleasant series. There are 8 books in it, as of now. The last one is coming out this summer.

Also, the Wrush series was a good one.

The Mysterious Benedict Society series.

Also Deltora Quest was a good book. I read it when I was little though, reread it recently.

Skulduggery Pleasant was my favourite series.

yoyocaleb101
04-25-2014, 10:24 PM
My science textbook....

JakeHCorwell
04-25-2014, 10:35 PM
I just finished reading Aberaham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter and before that I read Catch Me If You Can. Both very enjoyably books.

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter the title is pretty self-explanatory, it's a historical-fiction books that tells about Abe as a boy,encountering his first vampire, his vampire hunts, his wedding,and it goes all the way up to his assassination.

Catch Me If You Can is a book that is based on a true story and is about the con artist Frank Abagnale Jr. and how he scammed tons of money with fake checks, him posing as a Pan Am Pilot, a lawyer, and a pediatrician.

yoyocaleb101
04-25-2014, 10:42 PM
I just finished reading Aberaham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter and before that I read Catch Me If You Can. Both very enjoyably books.

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter the title is pretty self-explanatory, it's a historical-fiction books that tells about Abe as a boy,encountering his first vampire, his vampire hunts, his wedding,and it goes all the way up to his assassination.

Catch Me If You Can is a book that is based on a true story and is about the con artist Frank Abagnale Jr. and how he scammed tons of money with fake checks, him posing as a Pan Am Pilot, a lawyer, and a pediatrician.

OMG! i didn't know it was a book. I just saw the movie

TrollerXD_122
04-25-2014, 10:44 PM
My science textbook....

I'll pay $12 for it.

JrFarmer
04-25-2014, 10:56 PM
Touching spirit bear!

Cole Matthews beats up a Guy named Peter since Cole has been beatin up by his father. It's kinda ogre but we read it in school as a class XD.

Cole is stuck on an island as a punishment and gets attacked by the spirit bear. Crushing his hip and ripping his arm apart... ITS AWESOME

Tech
04-25-2014, 10:58 PM
Crushing his hip and ripping his arm apart... ITS AWESOME

And a bit disgusting.

JrFarmer
04-25-2014, 11:02 PM
A tale dark and Grimm...

Gretal breaks off her own pinky to unlock a gate to save the kingdom. Hansel stuffs the witch in the oven and she explodes.. It's awesome

- - - Updated - - -

And a bit disgusting.

Maybe lol he eats an alive mouse.

ripply
04-25-2014, 11:08 PM
I love the Skulduggery Pleasant series. There are 8 books in it, as of now. The last one is coming out this summer.

Also, the Wrush series was a good one.

The Mysterious Benedict Society series.

Also Deltora Quest was a good book. I read it when I was little though, reread it recently.

Skulduggery Pleasant was my favourite series.
Thank you :) I'll definitely look into them:)

Oh sounds interesting:) thank you

Touching spirit bear!

Cole Matthews beats up a Guy named Peter since Cole has been beatin up by his father. It's kinda ogre but we read it in school as a class XD.

Cole is stuck on an island as a punishment and gets attacked by the spirit bear. Crushing his hip and ripping his arm apart... ITS AWESOME

Yes I've read that:) its a really good book!

LittleSirP
04-26-2014, 01:54 AM
What I have read:
-Mysterious Benedict Society
-Sherlock Holmes (The one with the volumes)
-The Name Of This Book Is Secret (Series)
-And the ones I forgot.

What I'm waiting for:
-The Da Vinci Code (Dad said I can't yet, he's afraid it might change the way I think)
-Twilight Series

-Fifty Shades Of Grey (I dare not read this yet... I don't know where my mom keeps it.)

Moxide
04-26-2014, 02:40 PM
What I have read:
-Mysterious Benedict Society
-Sherlock Holmes (The one with the volumes)
-The Name Of This Book Is Secret (Series)
-And the ones I forgot.

What I'm waiting for:
-The Da Vinci Code (Dad said I can't yet, he's afraid it might change the way I think)
-Twilight Series

-Fifty Shades Of Grey (I dare not read this yet... I don't know where my mom keeps it.)
Ewww, Twilight, ewwww, 50 Shades of Grey.

matemar
04-26-2014, 03:01 PM
You should read Metro 2033 I did twice and it was awesome both times! And Necronomicon is awsome it was wrighten by the horror legend H.P Lovecraft!

lukj2001
04-26-2014, 03:13 PM
Try manga and anime :p

Code Geass FTW