PDA

View Full Version : New spam management system enabled

Seth
11-18-2012, 10:42 AM
Hey guys, spam has been getting out of control around here behind the scenes, as users, you don't see it, but the mods do and it's like 50 threads a day. They were autodetected and hidden, but we still had to delete them .. so I've installed some new more powerful anti-spam stuff. If you notice any of your posts not getting through, lemmie know! :sweatdrop:

Play
01-09-2013, 03:17 AM
Hey guys, spam has been getting out of control around here behind the scenes, as users, you don't see it, but the mods do and it's like 50 threads a day. They were autodetected and hidden, but we still had to delete them .. so I've installed some new more powerful anti-spam stuff. If you notice any of your posts not getting through, lemmie know! :sweatdrop:

Hey Seth, in the Tanked forums, sj1 created a new account and posted for the first time, however, I noticed his post was "moderated" even though it was a legit post. I had to manually approve the post. I didn't understand why it was moderated, however, I just saw your announcement so wanted to let you know.

Seth
01-09-2013, 04:20 AM
Thanks, will tweak

demonkid
01-09-2013, 10:05 AM
Hey Seth, in the Tanked forums, sj1 created a new account and posted for the first time, however, I noticed his post was "moderated" even though it was a legit post. I had to manually approve the post. I didn't understand why it was moderated, however, I just saw your announcement so wanted to let you know.

Is that a good thing if a post gets "moderated", because it seems like a good thing. Sj1 is a nice guy he should become a mod, you guys should try to ask him. I know that he doesn't want to be a Moderator, I think he should. Try to ask him, but I know it's your decision and not in my hand to choose who gets to be a moderator. He is a good guy. He doesn't talk to people that much, or I think that's me he doesn't talk to. It's your choice, @play you ever gonna talk to me or are you just mad at me?

Rush
01-20-2013, 12:00 AM
Ah, one of my posts didn't get through, and it said it had to be approved by a moderator. I think it is because I put a link in it... Anyways, I posted it in the Growtopia forum. Can you help? It's nothing too important, I just wondered if it was because of the new anti-spam feature.

Seth
01-20-2013, 12:05 AM
Sure, I'll go take care of it :prophet:

After a few posts it will start letting all your stuff through.

EDIT: Hmm, I didn't see anything, another mod probably already approved it

Rush
01-20-2013, 12:14 AM
Wait wat. It was in the 1000 users online thread... Never mind, it wasn't important anyway, hah. :sweatdrop:

demonkid
01-20-2013, 12:16 AM
Sure, I'll go take care of it :prophet:

After a few posts it will start letting all your stuff through.

EDIT: Hmm, I didn't see anything, another mod probably already approved it

It's automatic isn't it? I think the mods should look at the posts and approve the spam management, but I like the idea, the auto spam.

Seth
01-20-2013, 12:27 AM
Wait wat. It was in the 1000 users online thread... Never mind, it wasn't important anyway, hah. :sweatdrop:

Oops! There it is, got it

Scope
01-20-2013, 04:04 AM
Thanks Seth! Cuz thrs a lot of people spamming in tavern:rolleyes:

Rush
01-20-2013, 03:33 PM
Ah, now I know it is because of the links. I put a link in my post again, and had to wait for a mod to approve it. I'll try not to post links in my posts then, just direct them to a website, ahah...

InYourFACE
01-20-2013, 07:06 PM
Thanks Seth! Cuz thrs a lot of people spamming in tavern:rolleyes:

The system is in the forums :)