PDA

View Full Version : Idiots.....everywhere.

GBAGamer
05-03-2014, 12:34 AM
When I recited my speech in my class for practice. Everybody kept yelling at me saying I was wrong. I told them that it was just a theory and an opinion from my point of view. All of them replied "I don't care" "you're wrong and you're theory is stupid. Have you ever died do you know what happens? That's what I thought. Now please shut up." I facepalmed so hard. I told them "Well, Some of You guys believe in Allah (a.k.a Muslim god) but that's not stopping you from believing that heaven and hell exist."
They said "we have proof!" and I asked "how so?" and they said "the Quran (aka Muslim book of rules and judgement of Allah or whatever)" I am completely amazed about how illogical this is. They were basing their logic on a book that was made by who knows what and it was made 2,000 years ago. But I am not the one who is gonna attack people because of their beliefs. But they attacked me because of my opinion on the concept of death.

(My theory was what happens before death)

Moxide
05-03-2014, 01:45 AM
When I recited my speech in my class for practice. Everybody kept yelling at me saying I was wrong. I told them that it was just a theory and an opinion from my point of view. All of them replied "I don't care" "you're wrong and you're theory is stupid. Have you ever died do you know what happens? That's what I thought. Now please shut up." I facepalmed so hard. I told them "Well, Some of You guys believe in Allah (a.k.a Muslim god) but that's not stopping you from believing that heaven and hell exist."
They said "we have proof!" and I asked "how so?" and they said "the Quran (aka Muslim book of rules and judgement of Allah or whatever)" I am completely amazed about how illogical this is. They were basing their logic on a book that was made by who knows what and it was made 2,000 years ago. But I am not the one who is gonna attack people because of their beliefs. But they attacked me because of my opinion on the concept of death.

wut was dat theery?

i cen talk ungrammatically in teh off-topic bored.

Gusto
05-03-2014, 04:11 AM

As long as you know what you believe, it really shouldn't matter! There are billions of people who want to be right, but pushing your ideas against someone else is just ineffective. :/ It's also gets a little stressful knowing people now have your idea to judge you by, it's a little discouraging.

(So don't be discouraged! We all deal with it in our own way!)

And yes, I come across people who do the same to me (ie: _UTX, _AU, and other Internet belief groups). People who can tolerate it simply have to tolerate it, it's sad.

Disaster
05-03-2014, 04:14 AM

Irk It took me 5 hours to get 2 donkey pets

Then I was buying a fiesta dragon and then the guy went offline right in the middle of the trade while I was afk

Brys
05-03-2014, 10:05 AM

Whenever I give speeches and people tell me I'm wrong I tell them. "IM THE ONE TALKING NOT YOU" may seem like a jerk thing to do but...

Magicalfishy
05-03-2014, 12:16 PM

This is strange, because the majority of public school kids believe your theory. And the Quran has no proof of hell actually existing, but why would it matter if it was written 2,000 years ago?

optimuswhat
05-03-2014, 07:19 PM
Those are probably some of the worst type of people to present different ideas and beliefs to.

GBAGamer
05-03-2014, 08:39 PM
This is strange, because the majority of public school kids believe your theory. And the Quran has no proof of hell actually existing, but why would it matter if it was written 2,000 years ago?

Because nobody knows who wrote it so they say god wrote it. But its their belief. and i was taught to respect other peoples opinions on their pov.

Boppi Von Finkledorf
05-03-2014, 10:57 PM
Alright, you needed to vent after a frustrating experience. But surely, calling them idiots will not resolve your problems.

It sounds a bit like you presented things as fact, and were in essence questioning their religion.

Asking them for proof directly questioned their faith, and probably is not a very good thing to do.
You can't prove it after all, that's why it's called faith. Just like you can't prove your beliefs on the subject.

Rather than getting angry, I think you should take this as a sign that you should revise your speech. Rewording and rephrasing some things to come off more neutral. In that thread you made a while ago I already sensed trouble because you were typing with that sort of "I'm right, this is how it is" type of attitude. That just doesn't seem like a very good tone and direction to take your speech in; I was actually going to question the topic as a whole, as it is a bit... Out of the ordinary, and could very easily offend some people.
Though, I stayed silent because if done properly, it could also be a beautiful subject to cover.

The fact that you were met with outrage should indicate to you that your speech probably isn't in a good state as is. Rather than responding with your own outrage, you should acknowledge their feelings about it and try to compromise a little in your views. It's not so much about being right or wrong, so try not to argue, as it will not really get you anywhere (We end up with the same issues: "Prove it!" "It's in this book!" "That's not proof!" It's just a dumb argument, you're asking them to prove their faith. It's simply not possible, which is why 99% of religious arguments boil down to mindless squabbling and scripture quoting)
Instead, try to get in their heads, read your speech and imagine those weren't your beliefs, imagine you shared their beliefs rather than your own.

This is not really the time or place to make a big controversy and question others' religious choices. It is a time to be happy and celebrate, with high hopes for the future.

Boomer
05-04-2014, 02:35 PM

Now, pay 'em back by saying their beliefs are stupid and illogical and you are a waste of a human to believe such BS.

c: