PDA

View Full Version : How to explain this...

PURPLE585
05-05-2014, 07:52 PM
Well, I have a friend that plays lots of games.

In every single one, I'm "better" than him.. XD.

But basically, I've been trying to explain economy to him.

He always tried to get "rich" [Like in Growtopia] or really "high level" [Like in Clash of Clans].

He recently said to me, "In Growtopia they should do a special thing every day when Crystal Seeds spawn like crazy."

I'm having trouble explaining economy to him, he wants this so he can get "rich".

In Clash of Clans, he claims he can get to champion [CoC players will understand this] by next year.

From Gemming.

Now let me explain this to you.

He plans to spend $50-$100 dollars PER MONTH.

He has Level 2-5 walls, and is EXTREMELY experienced.

I'm trying to explain these concept to him..

Can anyone help?

iGirlGamer_Gt
05-05-2014, 07:55 PM
I like penguins :wave:

PURPLE585
05-05-2014, 07:55 PM
I like penguins :wave:

Yes yes YES!

That'll do!

thearitty
05-05-2014, 08:01 PM
Tell him that he cant be everything he wants:excl:

PURPLE585
05-05-2014, 08:06 PM
Tell him about how if there were to be crystals seeds spawning like crazy everyday more people would have then, and if there is more of a certain product the demands are lower then before because everybody has them already.

I know explaining an inflation is ├╝ber-hard. But he'll realize someday...I hope...as a child I questioned why they couldn't print more money if there was a crisis and it didn't get explained well for me. Anyways now I'm way to interested in economy although it's not a subject that I can have (yet!)

I've tried explaining inflation to him many times.

I guess I'll just have to wait.

HeisenBeard
05-05-2014, 08:19 PM
I believe it's time for......... THE MIDDLE FINGER! That'll do!

iGirlGamer_Gt
05-06-2014, 12:14 AM
Yes yes YES!

That'll do!

YAY! Glad I could help!

AntoDecay
05-06-2014, 12:33 AM
YAY! Glad I could help!

iGirlGamer that was the best idea:hat:

iGirlGamer_Gt
05-06-2014, 12:35 AM
iGirlGamer that was the best idea:hat:

Thank You, Thank You.

Sometimes the best idea's just flow to my head !

LittleSirP
05-06-2014, 12:36 AM
Tell him that Growtopia and CoC is just there. You can quit anytime, and Clash of Clans will drain your money.

Edwardson97
05-06-2014, 12:56 AM
Ok so your best option right now is to walk up to him/her and smack him/her.

JOKING!

But you got to keep telling him/her what ever you are telling them.

Receives
05-06-2014, 01:09 AM
TELL HIM THIS IF HE WANT TO GET RICH:FARM AND BE PATIENTS

Potato
05-06-2014, 02:21 AM

He always tried to get "rich" [Like in Growtopia] or really "high level" [Like in Clash of Clans].

He recently said to me, "In Growtopia they should do a special thing every day when Crystal Seeds spawn like crazy."

I'm having trouble explaining economy to him, he wants this so he can get "rich".

In Clash of Clans, he claims he can get to champion [CoC players will understand this] by next year.

From Gemming.

Can anyone help?

Tell him to watch the old tip videos playclashofclans made (his new ones are bad) maybe pingfao or simontay too and read the coc forums to get good bases instead of gemming (I don't buy gems and i'm gold 2 in half a year.)

Growtopia economy is kind of complicated (almost like every other game economy) You need to watch sbs and go to shops and merch to learn prices (that's how I do it) Also tell him reasons why some stuff can ruin the economy.

Megazork
05-06-2014, 02:24 AM
Tell him to watch the old tip videos playclashofclans made (his new ones are bad) maybe pingfao or simontay too and read the coc forums to get good bases instead of gemming (I don't buy gems and i'm gold 2 in half a year.)

Growtopia economy is kind of complicated (almost like every other game economy) You need to watch sbs and go to shops and merch to learn prices (that's how I do it) Also tell him reasons why some stuff can ruin the economy.

What is merch? Or merching on the matter? I have no idea what "merch" means

Potato
05-06-2014, 05:07 AM
What is merch? Or merching on the matter? I have no idea what "merch" means

Basically making profits, You know what buy low and sell high is and supply and demand is?

Spiderman
05-08-2014, 10:45 PM
Wedhuewdjhjjedejkedekjeddkjjkdeejkkjdkjddejkejrfjk drkmefrjkffkmrfkje

Brys
05-08-2014, 10:48 PM
Wedhuewdjhjjedejkedekjeddkjjkdeejkkjdkjddejkejrfjk drkmefrjkffkmrfkje

It sees I have competition. #BatmanFtw

syrup
05-08-2014, 11:33 PM

From Gemming.

Can anyone help?

Here's the thing on the economy in Growtopia, most items are not always going to stay the same price, some may overvalue an item's worth and sell it at that price, whilst someone else could sell a item in high demand at a lower price.

Some Growtopian item's are staple, such as World locks, farming materials, etc.

The catch is, these item's is that they could be valued next to anything, like say for example, I am selling you 100 seeds, for the price of only one World lock, however, you could use that World lock to purchase the same item at a greater quantity, the buyer could be willing to buy any rocks seeds he/she could get, however, some like to haggle at a lower price.

Bottom line, there is no "real price," so he could spend money on Growtopia, but get less than he bargains for when trading, because no price is ever going to be completely stable forever. (Also, people are sometimes stingy when it come's to trading :p)

Now on to CoC.

CoC is a fun causal game, kill some baddies, take their gold, invade others, conquer the world, what can't you do in this game?

The end of the rope is that most wealthy players have reached the leader boards without even probably spending a dime, same goes for Growtopia. (Well, at least ON the leader boards)

Tell your friend life isn't always about video games, the whole reason we play is to have fun, enjoy what you have and try to invest more into valuable resources/items, and in no time, you'll be rolling with the best!

Also, practice never hurts, gameplay is important to master when it comes to CoC, you need to be strategic and plan out your attacks.

Hope this helped!

Minecraftpee
05-09-2014, 11:47 PM
HEs almost like me I dont be like OHHH IM GOING FI WIN AND BE RICH : I just play the gems but somtimes im like PLZZZZZ GIMME PLZZZZZZZZZ :I just play the game and work my way up.

Friboy8
05-09-2014, 11:50 PM
Tell him: if crystal seeds spawn like crazy, then everyone will have 200 and no one will want to buy anymore because they have enough XD

Gusto
05-09-2014, 11:57 PM
Use coins.

4 quarters equal 1 doller
100 pennies equal 1 doller

Pennies aren't wanted because they have little worth alone. Quarters are useful because they have some more worth alone.

If there was an ancient quarter from the Aztecs, it would be worth plenty more because there are few left in general. When something is hard to get, it's value goes up. If there are too many, it's value goes down.

About the crystal seeds, tell him that if they spawned for free, it wouldn't be speical anymore. And if it wasnt speical, it wouldn't be worth anymore than a dirt seed.