PDA

View Full Version : Need your opinions

Massacre
05-27-2014, 07:57 PM
Ok so I want to be a it and mess around with some mobile development in my free time and need recommendations for a a laptop. As i need a laptop and a car before fall (currently trying to be accepted into college by then) I need to play it smart with my money. Im currently looking into getting a 13 inch MacBook Pro, heres the specs:

13-inch: 2.4GHz
with Retina display
Specifications
2.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
Turbo Boost up to 2.9GHz
4GB 1600MHz memory
128GB PCIe-based flash storage
Intel Iris Graphics
Built-in battery (9 hours)

It'll cost me about 1300$ without tax to get, is it worth it? Or should I pinch my penny's and wait a month or so and get one with a bigger memory instead of getting a external hard drive? Also where's the cheapest place I can pick one up.

The reason i want a Mac rather than a pc is the fact that macs can code for andriod and ios rather than just andriod on pc.

LordofEarth
05-27-2014, 08:00 PM
I recommend a windows 7 or 8 laptop 7 if you want laptop regular and 8 is like a ipad and a computer smashed together.Windows 7 has less features than 8 but is still ok but 8 has like a screen and stuff like a menu thing with lots of stuff
Windows 8 costs mehhh
And 9 hours hah my ipad 2 lasts for 10
Windows is kinda better then Mac but differences

Inner
05-27-2014, 08:04 PM
1.3 grand for that laptop? Though it has nice features, it is not the best price..

I have another suggestion. Why not try the MacBook Air! It comes in handy because it has LIGHT WEIGHT! Though it does not have an external drive. It does come in handy and it has great memory. It also comes at a price of about 1 grand. You would save 300 bucks to spend on something else.... or keep!

MacBook Pro is a good choice, but it's not very reliable in several different ways. I find the MacBook Air 10x more better than the Pro, but they both are amazing products.

Plus, Apple taxes are about $50.00, keep that in mind.

These are my suggestions, but go with whatever you want.

Timewarper
05-27-2014, 08:07 PM
Dang that is a lot for a laptop, my brother got an ACE gaming laptop with lots of space and an excellent graphics card. For only 400-500$ I would suggest getting one that isn't above 1K.

KillaFlameForumAccount
05-27-2014, 08:08 PM
Ok so I want to be a it and mess around with some mobile development in my free time and need recommendations for a a laptop. As i need a laptop and a car before fall (currently trying to be accepted into college by then) I need to play it smart with my money. Im currently looking into getting a 13 inch MacBook Pro, heres the specs:

13-inch: 2.4GHz
with Retina display
Specifications
2.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
Turbo Boost up to 2.9GHz
4GB 1600MHz memory
128GB PCIe-based flash storage
Intel Iris Graphics
Built-in battery (9 hours)

It'll cost me about 1300$ without tax to get, is it worth it? Or should I pinch my penny's and wait a month or so and get one with a bigger memory instead of getting a external hard drive? Also where's the cheapest place I can pick one up.

That external hard drive might cause a bit of bother, so I recommend waiting a month so you don't have to carry it around with you.
Do you have these stores in the U.S.A ?:
PC World.
Curry's

They generally do good offer's and deals in retail concerning laptops and computers.Not so good with tablets though....

I would recommend going To the local Apple Store in your area, so you get professionally made laptop's that are genuine.You don't know what problem's could happen during shipping's!

Also I see you are wanting a car.Make sure when filling in insurances, that you are telling no porky pies, and choose an efficient car that works for you that does not use a lot of petrol. [If it does use petrol or is a hybrid.]

The Doctor
05-27-2014, 08:32 PM
Just get a Macbook Air (since it's way cheaper or any other Macs out there) because the specs seem good enough for developing.
You might need a bit more RAM but other than that it's fine. Have fun developing.