PDA

View Full Version : How.To.Sleep.

Maryjane
05-28-2014, 04:43 PM
Please. I need help. I haven't slept early in one week and school's coming up fast :C I don't wanna go to school on the first day late.
It suxs. Please help. Me. Who has the solution to this?
It's 12:43 AM D:

BenBarrage
05-28-2014, 04:44 PM
try watching you breath, easy way to fall asleep quickly.

Friboy8
05-28-2014, 04:46 PM
try watching you breath, easy way to fall asleep quickly.

What's watching your breath?

BenBarrage
05-28-2014, 04:48 PM
"Minding" your breath. Like just watch yourself breathe, be aware of the breathing...

breathing in
breathing out...

but don't say in your mind you are breathing in or out, just mind the breathing.

Friboy8
05-28-2014, 04:51 PM
"Minding" your breath. Like just watch yourself breathe, be aware of the breathing...

breathing in
breathing out...

but don't say in your mind you are breathing in or out, just mind the breathing.

Ooh, ok XD

luhmac2012
05-28-2014, 04:51 PM
I like to turn on the Growtopia App, put in my headphones, and drift slowly into a good sleep. Makes me feel good going to sleep listening to my favorite game.

Hope this helps! :cool:

LittleSirP
05-28-2014, 05:04 PM
Drink melk.

Maryjane
05-28-2014, 05:13 PM
Drink melk.

I find milk to be disgusting. And I already tried watching my breath :(
My earphones don't work so I can't listen to Growtopia or anything without waking up thy neighbors.

BenBarrage
05-28-2014, 05:22 PM
Picturing a happy place and you're there, fantasize what ever you want to have in your fantasy....you will fall asleep before you know it.

LittleSirP
05-28-2014, 05:28 PM
My earphones don't work so I can't listen to Growtopia or anything without waking up thy neighbors.

Do you have a hammock? Sleep in that. Also, clear your inbox

AntoDecay
05-28-2014, 07:32 PM
Try focusing your focus eyes on something not moving, like a wall, slowly your eyes will start to close because they won't have to do anything

Disaster
05-28-2014, 07:36 PM
Please. I need help. I haven't slept early in one week and school's coming up fast :C I don't wanna go to school on the first day late.

Think of something, keep your mind on it while your eyes are closed. I hope that helps

dingle500
05-28-2014, 07:40 PM
Turn off your device and then feel good you somehow got away from growtopia :) Or just delete growtopia completely.

Maryjane
05-28-2014, 07:51 PM
Turn off your device and then feel good you somehow got away from growtopia :) Or just delete growtopia completely.

Twiinnny! You dont want me to die :C .

I'm still alive. Just browsing the net. I think I'll just wait it out. Fall asleep tommorow in 8:PM. Then I can fix it again!

LordofEarth
05-28-2014, 08:14 PM
Use a sleep mask(No not that thing that goes over your face like a sheet the mask one)

Paine
05-28-2014, 08:29 PM
Say to yourself "Fine, I won't go to sleep. I will stay up for the whole night" After that don't think anything. No worries of school or being late. The rest happens really quick.

Liammagoo
05-28-2014, 10:26 PM
Hit your head with a baseball bat, Works every time (if you are brave enough!)

GBAGamer
05-28-2014, 10:29 PM
Watch anime until u get so tired u want to fall asleep late.

And I'm always late for school. I have like 67 tardy slips from 4rth grade alone.

King902
05-28-2014, 10:34 PM
INSOMNIA
Also its quite easy falling to sleep.
You must become aware of yourself
Wake up early and sleep early no matter the time do not drink caffeine especially Starbucks
Now what i suggest is read a book or watch Netflix

Ilikecats
05-28-2014, 10:34 PM
Drink warm milk :3

<Insert Name Here>
05-28-2014, 10:37 PM
I usually lie down on my side and watch a good 'mounts of hours, watching TV 'till I fall asleep. It's a waste of electricity, but it was worth the sleep.

EasykGT
05-28-2014, 11:07 PM
here are 2 things that help me fall asleep
1. close your eyes and clear your mind dont think about anything just close your eyes and fall asleep
or
2. take a sleeping pill that will help u fall asleep

Lunarfrost
05-29-2014, 04:11 AM

The pure solution to this is to just relax. Don't worry.

Try to do something you would normally find exhausting. For example, exercise or dance. If you're getting really sweaty, stop. Like I said before, you really don't want to take a shower in the middle of the night.

Here are some pointers:

If your lights are on, turn them off. If you're scared of the dark, try putting in a night light OR if you don't have any, just sleep with something with a dim light such as, for example, an iPad on the lowest screen brightness and no auto-lock.

Read. If you don't have a book that interests you, or if you really hate reading, try reading fanfiction. Here's (http://www.fanfiction.net) the site I use (Yes, I read Dragon Ball Z fanfiction). If you don't have internet, daydream. Imagine. Don't think about things that worry you, try formulating your own fanfiction or scenarios you wish would change in your favorite anime and such. Be in your own little world, as your own little character. In your imagination, you can be whatever and whoever you want to be, whenever. You know those boring lectures you get from your parents? They're not boring for me because I'm in my own little happy place. :)

Drink some milk/water. I suggest drinking cool water, since you don't like milk. Like water in the refrigerator that's taken a couple of minutes to cool down in. Try not to drink hot water, as in my experience it burns me awake. Remember, drink cool water, not warm water.

Okay, I know it's probably some hours away from the time you posted this thread, but I hope it helps next time you can't sleep.

Sheth
05-29-2014, 04:37 AM
Close your eyes.
Imagine yourself reading a dictionary.
Boring eh?
Boring = Sleep
Shethrion logic XD

Cocomonkey
05-29-2014, 04:51 AM
Want a cereal answer? Count sheep.
It literally works for me every time. So overrated, but watevs.

~iMillion~
05-29-2014, 06:58 AM
Watch a boring movie like hmmmm... twilight?

Maryjane
05-29-2014, 08:57 AM
The pure solution to this is to just relax. Don't worry.

Try to do something you would normally find exhausting. For example, exercise or dance. If you're getting really sweaty, stop. Like I said before, you really don't want to take a shower in the middle of the night.

Here are some pointers:

If your lights are on, turn them off. If you're scared of the dark, try putting in a night light OR if you don't have any, just sleep with something with a dim light such as, for example, an iPad on the lowest screen brightness and no auto-lock.

Read. If you don't have a book that interests you, or if you really hate reading, try reading fanfiction. Here's (http://www.fanfiction.net) the site I use (Yes, I read Dragon Ball Z fanfiction). If you don't have internet, daydream. Imagine. Don't think about things that worry you, try formulating your own fanfiction or scenarios you wish would change in your favorite anime and such. Be in your own little world, as your own little character. In your imagination, you can be whatever and whoever you want to be, whenever. You know those boring lectures you get from your parents? They're not boring for me because I'm in my own little happy place. :)

Drink some milk/water. I suggest drinking cool water, since you don't like milk. Like water in the refrigerator that's taken a couple of minutes to cool down in. Try not to drink hot water, as in my experience it burns me awake. Remember, drink cool water, not warm water.

Okay, I know it's probably some hours away from the time you posted this thread, but I hope it helps next time you can't sleep.

Omg. So helpful. That's actually what I do most of time but its effects kinda stopped working for me. Also, LSP's idea made me sleepy. xD

LeDevourer#2
05-29-2014, 09:00 AM
Well, for me I couldn't sleep early in the past. I just forced myself to sleep early. :sweatdrop:
I would just lay in the bed, eyes closed, waiting for meh to sleep.

karl0909
05-29-2014, 10:04 AM
Time to get science-y lol.

I'll explain my way to sleep.

Meditate: Do your best to clear your mind, watch your breath like BenBarrage said, and later, you won't even realize you've already slept. If this doesn't work then do the other method I'm about to tell you.

Do something that makes you run out of breath before you sleep. MAKE SURE TO TAKE A SHOWER AFTER DOING THIS BECAUSE YOU'LL BE ALL SWEATY. OR, if you don't want to sweat, simplly HOLD your breath for as long as you can.

Explanation: We all know that when you yawn, your eyes get heavy and you suddenly want to sleep. But do we know the cause of yawning? Maybe. I'll explain to you the cause of why you yawn:

We yawn when our body lacks oxygen, thus when we yawn, we take in a LARGE amount of oxygen and exhale LARGE amount of CO2 in our body. So when you forcibly STOP your body from taking in oxygen, it will eventually lack oxygen and you will have to yawn, making your eyes heavy, making it easier for you to fall asleep. The end K THX BAI.

Drama Setter
05-29-2014, 10:47 AM
Try have a HOT shower before you go to your bed. A HOT shower mixed with a cold bed will make you drowsy.

Make sure the water is hot (not hot enough to burn you, but hot enough to warm up your core body temperature).

Also wear comfy PJs.

GummiBear64
05-29-2014, 11:19 AM
Close your eyes or drink lots of coffee.

Maryjane
05-29-2014, 11:21 AM
Well, for me I couldn't sleep early in the past. I just forced myself to sleep early. :sweatdrop:
I would just lay in the bed, eyes closed, waiting for meh to sleep.
I did that but it failed miserably :(

Time to get science-y lol.

I'll explain my way to sleep.

Meditate: Do your best to clear your mind, watch your breath like BenBarrage said, and later, you won't even realize you've already slept. If this doesn't work then do the other method I'm about to tell you.

Do something that makes you run out of breath before you sleep. MAKE SURE TO TAKE A SHOWER AFTER DOING THIS BECAUSE YOU'LL BE ALL SWEATY. OR, if you don't want to sweat, simplly HOLD your breath for as long as you can.

Explanation: We all know that when you yawn, your eyes get heavy and you suddenly want to sleep. But do we know the cause of yawning? Maybe. I'll explain to you the cause of why you yawn:

We yawn when our body lacks oxygen, thus when we yawn, we take in a LARGE amount of oxygen and exhale LARGE amount of CO2 in our body. So when you forcibly STOP your body from taking in oxygen, it will eventually lack oxygen and you will have to yawn, making your eyes heavy, making it easier for you to fall asleep. The end K THX BAI.

Omg. Does that mean I need to go outside?

Outside is a dangerous place.

Try have a HOT shower before you go to your bed. A HOT shower mixed with a cold bed will make you drowsy.

Make sure the water is hot (not hot enough to burn you, but hot enough to warm up your core body temperature).

Also wear comfy PJs.

I did that. It is very comfy! Thank you.

RocketCrush
05-29-2014, 11:23 AM
I just lie down, think about the productive things I could have done, and BAM! I feel drowsy and I eventually sleep. Then I find myself playing Growtopia the next day.

Drama Setter
05-29-2014, 12:08 PM
I did that. It is very comfy! Thank you.

I actually helped someone.. 😊
I'm in such a weird mood tonight..
No problem.

Renzo909
05-29-2014, 12:48 PM
1.Breath In With Your Nosey.
Breath out with mouth

Carlo Miguel Velasco
05-29-2014, 01:01 PM
Mhmm,. I got a solution different from the rest. Hehe..

All you need is any Gadget with Alarm.

First off set your alarm; the time when you usually/need to wake up during school(mine is 5 AM, hehe)

Make several alarms with 3-5 Minute difference(if your a heavy sleeper or not a heavy sleeper(makes no sense lol)) or 1 minute difference(if you never wake up at anything.)

After that Alarm Setup, find a place FAR AWAY FROM where you sleep. You tend to kill the alarm everytime it goes off.

After you got a place to place your device, plug in the charger of that device in a outlet so it won't die or something.

Brutal way of waking up, yet works. :3

Boomred98732
05-29-2014, 02:59 PM
I like to turn on the Growtopia App, put in my headphones, and drift slowly into a good sleep. Makes me feel good going to sleep listening to my favorite game.

Hope this helps! :cool:

Found out you already broke your ipad on the morning .-.

Not just your devices,also your black shade too

- - - Updated - - -

I found out how to sleep:

Think that tomorrow is school and you'll sleep faster (Or regret even more .-.)

Rabidpotato
05-29-2014, 07:55 PM
Read an extremely boring thing. Like a dictionary.
It makes me pass out quickly.

Aimster73
05-29-2014, 08:04 PM
I have an app on my iPad called "Thunderspace." It's about eight different types of thunderstorms. Pop in my earbuds, set the timer. It automatically goes off in 1.5 hours, but I'm usually asleep within 10-15 minutes.

I love to sleep to rain. And it's a perfect app for me. ;)

Massacre
05-29-2014, 11:47 PM
Get a job working 12 hour days ( i suggest a factory ) guarantee the only thing that'll be on your mind getting home from work will be sleep. Atleast for a few weeks, and the fat paycheck doesnt hurt.

CoryT
05-30-2014, 01:27 AM
Do /sleep lol jk but Drink warm milk and watch a boring tv show

optimuswhat
05-30-2014, 02:37 AM
I've always found that my internal clock handles whenever I wake up. On holidays, 12PM. On school days, 7:30AM.
Maybe just let your internal clock do the work?

lsaac2
05-30-2014, 02:39 AM
Lay on your bed and count the sheep.

Boomred98732
05-30-2014, 10:30 AM
I have an app on my iPad called "Thunderspace." It's about eight different types of thunderstorms. Pop in my earbuds, set the timer. It automatically goes off in 1.5 hours, but I'm usually asleep within 10-15 minutes.

I love to sleep to rain. And it's a perfect app for me. ;)

How you're so sure that you won't sleep on your iPad without breaking it? .-.

- - - Updated - - -

Lay on your bed and count the sheep.

Too classic.

Trollrage
05-30-2014, 11:20 AM
Stay on one sleep position and don't move! Note even your finger for 5 mins! And you will fall asleep.. Works to me

LittleSirP
05-30-2014, 12:00 PM
Set your room at a warm state after you have just bathed. Then, when you're having the feeling of sleepyness, turn it into the cool.

diether
05-30-2014, 12:07 PM

You're too weak... Sarcasm.
12:43 AM? Pathetic. Sarcasm.
I always sleep at 5 Am doing nothing. This real you nub.
*This real you nub is a sarcasm also.
OWLS FTW!

karl0909
05-30-2014, 12:49 PM
Get a job working 12 hour days ( i suggest a factory ) guarantee the only thing that'll be on your mind getting home from work will be sleep. Atleast for a few weeks, and the fat paycheck doesnt hurt.

In short, do something that fatigues you A LOT. But don't destroy your body. And a fat paycheck won't hurt. The fatigue that you get in exchange for that paycheck does.

Dan9955
05-30-2014, 01:02 PM
High five! Happened to me too! For a whole week, a WHOLE WEEK, I have been sleeping from 1.30-2.30 AM, and need to wake up at 5-6 AM... And I feel Gooooood LOL