PDA

View Full Version : Candy Crush Saga is NOT Sweet!

optimuswhat
06-04-2014, 01:00 AM
If you didn't know, King.com, the creators of Candy Crush Saga, has recently tried to trademark the words "Candy" and "Saga". This means games like The Banner Saga, among many other games with "Saga". This means some of your favourite games could stop being developed/updated.
Now, they haven't trademarked any common words yet, but the Candy trademark is still going on, but it hasn't passed yet.
However...
Two games having "Candy" in their names, Candyswipe, and Candy Crusher, which, may I add, BOTH predate Candy Crush Saga, have been shut down because of King.com.

I'd like to add that Candy Crush Saga is pretty much a rip off of Bejewled.

Tech
06-04-2014, 01:02 AM
This is The End of the App Store!

Timewarper
06-04-2014, 01:03 AM
If you didn't know, King.com, the creators of Candy Crush Saga, has recently tried to trademark the words "Candy" and "Saga". This means games like The Banner Saga, among many other games with "Saga". This means some of your favourite games could stop being developed/updated.
Now, they haven't trademarked any common words yet, but the Candy trademark is still going on, but it hasn't passed yet.
However...
Two games having "Candy" in their names, Candyswipe, and Candy Crusher, which, may I add, BOTH predate Candy Crush Saga, have been shut down because of King.com.

I couldn't care less to be honest, I mean I'm pretty sure we would all do the same.

optimuswhat
06-04-2014, 01:17 AM
I couldn't care less to be honest, I mean I'm pretty sure we would all do the same.

I wouldn't.
To be honest, King.com is becoming a evil company, especially after going after games that have little in common with their games, such as The Banner Saga. It's possible they could even force Growtopia to go down, but they have no reason to.

What if they made a game called something stupid like "The Growing Saga"? They could take GT down just because of the name!

SageDeoxys
06-04-2014, 01:37 AM
I wouldn't.
To be honest, King.com is becoming a evil company, especially after going after games that have little in common with their games, such as The Banner Saga. It's possible they could even force Growtopia to go down, but they have no reason to.

What if they made a game called something stupid like "The Growing Saga"? They could take GT down just because of the name!

You do know that if someone from King.com just saw this, you gave them an idea, right...

Coinman32
06-04-2014, 04:10 AM
You do know that if someone from King.com just saw this, you gave them an idea, right...

However...

WTH. Let's hope some hackers get super mad and hack king.com. Aren't they getting enough money already from there expensive as hell IAPS?

Coalasmc
06-04-2014, 07:01 AM
WTH. Let's hope some hackers get super mad and hack king.com. Aren't they getting enough money already from there expensive as hell IAPS?
I heard they earn $600,000 a day.
Its sad that they copied another game and are now trying to take down all other similar games. Probably even the game they copied. :mad:

optimuswhat
06-04-2014, 01:58 PM
I heard they earn $600,000 a day.
Its sad that they copied another game and are now trying to take down all other similar games. Probably even the game they copied. :mad:

Candyswipe was an already similar game. The icons and gameplay is similar. That's gone, and the developer who made it wasn't happy at all.

KenDu
06-04-2014, 02:09 PM
Papa pear Saga is also similar to the game "Angry birds" they are totally copying other games

Boomer
06-04-2014, 03:09 PM
Who was the idiot who approved the name copyright?

I wanna work on that guy's face for a few...

Just went to King.com, and boy, that company only makes matching games. Interesting names, but the games themselves are the exact same thing. I once played Candy Crush, and I thought it was sooooooooooooo stupid.

Minecraftpee
06-04-2014, 07:14 PM
I KNOW HOW HOW THEY ARE STILL MAKING / COPING GAMES! They do get $600,000 A day right? The get so much money that they have ENOUGH money for their copyrights!

Maryjane
06-04-2014, 08:05 PM
Anyone else wants to go against the law of the internet and hack their websites. Cause I really want to right now. That company sucks, bejeweled rocks,
and its free! They are bullying other companies and don't you notice they are unconditionally scamming innocents to buy power ups?

Also: Just found out they are gonna sue the game they copied on lol. wow. I bet 1 durt seed there's gonna be a riot.

Parody time!

I'm gonna pop some companies
Only got a laptop in my lap
I-I'm hunting looking for some sue up
This is flippin' awesome

optimuswhat
06-04-2014, 09:28 PM
Apparently them using "Saga" at the end of every game they have gives them the immediate right to trademark the word.
King.com deserves worst company of the year. EA is better than this. EA doesn't even DESERVE to be ranked the worst company of the year.

Candy Crush itself has made more $$$ than Nintendo in 2014.
Candy Crush is this awful pay-to-win game, while Nintendo makes decent, new, games.
CCS is a insult to the gaming industry! It's not an innovative game AT ALL.

Liammagoo
06-04-2014, 09:48 PM
Remind anyone of the deepworld ranting?

Anyways so every game with the wold SAGA in it will get removed?

I wouldn't be surprised if they sue SEGA for trying to bypass their SAGA word rules.

Oh, how about Super Apple saga? About an apple that wants to save the princess from the evil kiwi that's totally not a super mario copycat? That would be awesome!

[/sarcasm]

Maryjane
06-04-2014, 09:53 PM
Remind anyone of the deepworld ranting?

Anyways so every game with the wold SAGA in it will get removed?

I wouldn't be surprised if they sue SEGA for trying to bypass their SAGA word rules.

Oh, how about Super Apple saga? About an apple that wants to save the princess from the evil kiwi that's totally not a super mario copycat? That would be awesome!

[/sarcasm]

Dude, soem games that aren't even related to anything like Bejeweled or CCS, just as long as it has something to do with candy or saga (EVEN IF ITS JUST A WORD) is getting executed.

Liammagoo
06-04-2014, 09:57 PM
Dude, soem games that aren't even related to anything like Bejeweled or CCS, just as long as it has something to do with candy or saga (EVEN IF ITS JUST A WORD) is getting executed.

All their games are copies,

CCS = Bejewelled
Papa pear saga = Peggle
Etc, etc.

yoman1
06-04-2014, 10:35 PM
What's next!?

Kingdom Rush trademarking the words "Kingdom" and "Rush"? OH NO! @RUSH!!!

Cookie Clicker trademarking the words "Cookie" and "Clicker"?

Rovio trademarking the words "Angry" and "Birds"?

Halfbrick trademarking the words "Jetpack" and "Joyride"?

SageDeoxys
06-04-2014, 10:37 PM
What's next!?

Kingdom Rush trademarking the words "Kingdom" and "Rush"? OH NO! @RUSH!!!

Cookie Clicker trademarking the words "Cookie" and "Clicker"?

Rovio trademarking the words "Angry" and "Birds"?

Halfbrick trademarking the words "Jetpack" and "Joyride"?

Next thing you know Gamefreak is treadmarking SageDeoxys.

SBPRODUCTIONS
06-04-2014, 10:51 PM
Next time there going to make a update were you Grow stuff and then take away growtopia :,(

GBAGamer
06-04-2014, 11:27 PM
However...

Wow. These guys are idiots. Why waste their time trademarking a name and ruining 2 other games that came out before them. Then start developing the crap game known as candy crush saga. These guys are jerks. They only want "all the moneyz". They don't care who are how many people are playing. They just want "moneyz"

Liammagoo
06-05-2014, 12:36 AM
Wow. These guys are idiots. Why waste their time trademarking a name and ruining 2 other games that came out before them. Then start developing the crap game known as candy crush saga. These guys are jerks. They only want "all the moneyz". They don't care who are how many people are playing. They just want "moneyz"

Plus who would buy 2 extra live slots for $30?

optimuswhat
06-05-2014, 01:58 AM
Plus who would buy 2 extra live slots for $30?

Many people.

Tech
06-05-2014, 01:59 AM
Many people.

Many people with stupidity and no brains.

Anulot
06-06-2014, 03:25 AM
Anyways, Candy Crush Saga is just a shameless copy of Bejeweled. Shame on you King.com. You've gotten to greedy. I can guarantee there will be outrage. Its amazing what greed does to companies and people. This is a major example. What if my game is named "The Mushroom Saga"? A game where a wild mushroom goes on an amazing adventure to save his family? Will King.com take it down because its too close to candy crush saga? A game where you MATCH CANDIES? Just plain idiotic. Thats what it is.

(This is a midnight rant, sorry. I had to get it out)

Boomer
06-06-2014, 02:28 PM
So, does this mean that REALLY old kids' board game Candy Land is going to be removed? Because it has "candy" in it? Even though Candy Land has been out for...oh...lemme see...15 years??

lolgal96
06-16-2014, 08:19 PM
What has this world come to...
CANDY. SAGA.
OH
I just broke the law.
I'mma make a drawing called "A Saga of Candy"
OH
I'mma fight the law! :D

darksnake99
06-16-2014, 09:04 PM
Apparently them using "Saga" at the end of every game they have gives them the immediate right to trademark the word.
King.com deserves worst company of the year. EA is better than this. EA doesn't even DESERVE to be ranked the worst company of the year.

Candy Crush itself has made more $$$ than Nintendo in 2014.
Candy Crush is this awful pay-to-win game, while Nintendo makes decent, new, games.
CCS is a insult to the gaming industry! It's not an innovative game AT ALL.

The thing is, they can't be stopped unless people start boycotting their games. And considering how many old ladies I saw playing it on the airplane two weeks ago, that's not going to happen...

And why would EA EVER be considered to be named the Wost Company of the Year? They have Dead Space!

Boomer
06-16-2014, 09:32 PM
And why would EA EVER be considered to be named the Wost Company of the Year? They have Dead Space!

Not sure, never had an issue with them. Unless he means Gameloft or Glu.

InstaRabbit
06-17-2014, 12:53 AM
lets all spem bad reveiwz on kandy krush saga!!!!111

lolgal96
06-17-2014, 01:45 AM
lets all spem bad reveiwz on kandy krush saga!!!!111

amg bro u needz 2 spell da word s*ga liek sage or somethin or u get sood

Dodo Wizard
06-17-2014, 03:41 AM
Who was the idiot who approved the name copyright?

I wanna work on that guy's face for a few...

Just went to King.com, and boy, that company only makes matching games. Interesting names, but the games themselves are the exact same thing. I once played Candy Crush, and I thought it was sooooooooooooo stupid.

I know right..all the games are literally the same thing but with, like, pets instead of candy.
And they shouldn't be allowed to copyright candy OR saga just because they can't think of original names.
What noobs.

optimuswhat
06-17-2014, 04:07 AM
The thing is, they can't be stopped unless people start boycotting their games. And considering how many old ladies I saw playing it on the airplane two weeks ago, that's not going to happen...

EA actually has been given the Worst Company of the Year twice. They've recently become careless with their games, filling them with micro-transactions, certain games that don't have/require Internet to have Internet, and more.

GBAGamer
06-17-2014, 04:11 AM
EA actually has been given the Worst Company of the Year twice. They've recently become careless with their games, filling them with micro-transactions, certain games that don't have/require Internet to have Internet, and more.

But what king did was naive e.e

There's not gonna be another game called Candy crush saga. So why trademark the name "Crush, and saga' or was it "candy and saga"
Either way. It's not a very noble thing to do.
It's also very ironic.
They are obviously copyrighting bejeweled. But yet they trademark their name. So other people won't copyright *them*.
e.e

KoiNami
06-17-2014, 04:55 AM
However...

Candy Crush is like a game which makes u crazy as ever. Its like "Oh yeah I passed level 599!" At level 600 "Oh **** this game, I quit!"
My mum stopped playing dat game also. XD Its like it has unlimited levels! XD

- - - Updated - - -

In facebook they removed Restaurant City (a game my bro likes) for Zuma Blitz. Its really boring. THEN they removed Pet City just for another random game! Then Sims Social for ALSO another random game which it was going to be another awesome quest about chocolateeeeeee :DDD Just because of that, they removed the quest. Then I was like "****..." D:
So its like: EA. You removed good games for dumb games, even 2048 is better than you.