PDA

View Full Version : I'm sad now....

Boomer
06-06-2014, 09:01 PM
I went to play Mario Kart Wii online and the Wifi service has been discontinued....:cry:

Now I have to get a Wii U and MK 8 if I want to play online.

RIP MKWii.

I never even got to hack it...

Steve Burrit0
06-06-2014, 11:02 PM
Wut? u can play MKWii Online? WHY HAS NOONE TOLD ME THIS

Magicalfishy
06-06-2014, 11:58 PM
I've been playing Mario Kart 8 a lot recently, and let me tell you it is amazing. (Especially the online features.) :o

Christopher
06-07-2014, 12:09 AM
Wut? u can play MKWii Online? WHY HAS NOONE TOLD ME THIS

nobody should have to tell you, its on the box

Anulot
06-07-2014, 12:25 AM
Same for me. I played online Super Smash Bros frequently with fellow GrowTopian 1Chrisrockz1. We would bet world locks on the outcome. I usually lost :sweatdrop:

Now we cant anymore. I also cant download apps off the Wii Shop. I had JUST bought 1,000 points for $10 to buy a virtual copy of Majoras Mask for the Wii... AND MY SERVICE WAS CUT.

Thanks a lot Nintendo :(

CoryT
06-07-2014, 12:50 AM
NINTENDO IS AWSOME OUT WITH THE OLD IN WITH THE NEW...

...they are cancelling the Zelda games in 5 years :nope::nope::cry::cry:

Brys
06-07-2014, 12:55 AM
For those of you that don't know, internet was discontinued for older Nitendo systems (Wii, DS I, DS)

Bob Will
06-07-2014, 01:19 AM
The Nintendo Franchise is doing rather bad,they probably can no longer continue service to the other networks.

Windows is pulling the same move trying to get you to use windows 8

SageDeoxys
06-07-2014, 01:33 AM
The Nintendo Franchise is doing rather bad,they probably can no longer continue service to the other networks.

Windows is pulling the same move trying to get you to use windows 8

Very true. But I really could care less, if Nintendo wasn't gonna be the one holding up Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

gods
06-07-2014, 01:47 AM
I went to play Mario Kart Wii online and the Wifi service has been discontinued....:cry:

Now I have to get a Wii U and MK 8 if I want to play online.

RIP MKWii.

I never even got to hack it...

its OK you just have to wait for your internet to connect or re-charge :D

Boomer
06-07-2014, 03:35 PM
its OK you just have to wait for your internet to connect or re-charge :D

No, Nintendo completely cut all support for Wifi. It literally says "This option has been discontinued."

- - - Updated - - -

For those of you that don't know, internet was discontinued for older Nitendo systems (Wii, DS I, DS)

I think they cut it on May 30.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been playing Mario Kart 8 a lot recently, and let me tell you it is amazing. (Especially the online features.) :o

I probably won't get another Nintendo system, as I need to save for other things. If I do get another Nintendo thing, its probably going to be a used 2DS from GameStop and a used version of MK 7.

Dodo Wizard
06-07-2014, 04:12 PM
Thia is exactly why I'm a PC gamer.

Magicalfishy
06-09-2014, 01:21 PM
Same for me. I played online Super Smash Bros frequently with fellow GrowTopian 1Chrisrockz1. We would bet world locks on the outcome. I usually lost :sweatdrop:

Now we cant anymore. I also cant download apps off the Wii Shop. I had JUST bought 1,000 points for $10 to buy a virtual copy of Majoras Mask for the Wii... AND MY SERVICE WAS CUT.

Thanks a lot Nintendo :(

MK, they actually said the Wii Shop would still be fully functional so you should be able to use all your points still. :o

Also, Smash Bros 4 is coming out this summer-winter so don't feel discouraged to buy a Wii U or a 3DS.