PDA

View Full Version : Movie Chat

Reballoo
06-09-2014, 02:20 AM
Hello everybunny! I have been watching a lot of movies lately, and I want to watch more. But I don't want to waste my time watching something I don't like. I created this thread for a number of reasons

1. To find out about movies I might be interested in
2. To chat about my favorite movies with others who like these movies too
3. To further understand confusing parts in confusing movies, and hopefully help others with this too.

To begin, I will ask all of you to suggest good movies to me. I like horror movies a lot, and I like animated movies, but I rarely like them combined (Coraline turned out good though). Zombie movies do not interest me, nor do superhero movies, or movies that are mostly fighting (I only like it in anime) like The Hunger Games. I don't like romance, but I do like adventure. I think good quality is a major factor too. Start recommending! (Don't forget to describe the movie too. Just don't spoil it. Maybe put it in a spoiler though. I might sneak a peak;):whistling:.

To start a movie conversation, I will list movies I like, and if you like these movies too, you can join the chat. Make sure everything you say is in a spoiler. Some movies I like are: All Saw movies, Final Destination 1-3 ( never seen 4-5), A Series Of Unfortunate Events, all Harry Potter movies, Cabin Fever 1-2, can't even list the amount of Scooby-Doo movies, Madagascar 3 (didn't like 1-2), Legend of the Guardians: Owls of Gahoole, Rise of the Guardians, and Epic. Provide your own lists too so I can join in on movies you like.

I can't think of anything in any movies I am confused about except for Who were the other two people in pig masks who helped kidnap Hoffman in Saw: The Final Chapter? I will just wait to see if any confusements come up.

Now start the conversation!

Reballoo
06-09-2014, 02:56 AM
If anybody has seen Final Destination 2, Nora's death scene was sad. The way she said "I don't want to die!" Was upsetting. I liked Nora. If they hadn't have scared her, she would be ok. She was so scared, and the hook man was so creepy... Her son brought his death on himself though... When the fish fell in his mouth, I don't see how it could have suffocated him he had plenty of slits between his mouth and the fish.

Reballoo
06-09-2014, 03:49 AM
Mer gerd, none of you guys watch movies?

SageDeoxys
06-09-2014, 03:54 AM
Stardust, Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters 2. My father chooses what movies to watch, don't blame me.

Reballoo
06-09-2014, 04:18 AM
Stardust, Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters 2. My father chooses what movies to watch, don't blame me.

Ooh, you like old movies/shows too. The second Ghostbusters movie wasn't as good as the first. I thought it was just plain creepy. I forget what the monster in the second movie was. I only remember the goop, a baby, the statue of liberty, things coming alive, and the word "ripe".

SageDeoxys
06-09-2014, 04:29 AM
Ooh, you like old movies/shows too. The second Ghostbusters movie wasn't as good as the first. I thought it was just plain creepy. I forget what the monster in the second movie was. I only remember the goop, a baby, the statue of liberty, things coming alive, and the word "ripe".

Yeah, the sequel was far from being as good as the original. I'm not saying it was bad, but you get my point.
And in the sequel, some guy from the 18 century in a painting tries to reencarnate inside of the baby. Kind of weird if you ask me.

Another movie recomendation: Pokémon Heroes. Watch it. Watch it now or I'll tell my good friend Darkrai to eat your soul while you miserably scream. :rolleyes:

Reballoo
06-09-2014, 04:50 AM
Yeah, the sequel was far from being as good as the original. I'm not saying it was bad, but you get my point.
And in the sequel, some guy from the 18 century in a painting tries to reencarnate inside of the baby. Kind of weird if you ask me.

Another movie recomendation: Pokémon Heroes. Watch it. Watch it now or I'll tell my good friend Darkrai to eat your soul while you miserably scream. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah! I forgot about the painting... Was Daina played by the same actor?

I have seen a lot of Pokemon movies, but I don't know about that one... Describe it in a spoiler.

SageDeoxys
06-09-2014, 05:15 AM
Oh yeah! I forgot about the painting... Was Daina played by the same actor?

I have seen a lot of Pokemon movies, but I don't know about that one... Describe it in a spoiler.

Yes, Diana was played by the same actress.

Pokémon Heroes happens in a small city, Altimare, based off of Venice. The guardians of the city, Latios and Latias, are in danger due to two Team Rocket members, Anni and Oakley, when they capture Latios and steal the Soul Dew. Once taken power of this legendary Pokémon and the Soul Dew, they enter the city's museum and start using an ancient weapon to protect Altimare for evil purposes. Then Latias searches for help with Ash, Misty and Brock. But when they make it there, it has become too late, and the Soul Dew corrupts and shatters. Latios then sacrifices himself to create another Soul Dew and keep Altimare's tides at balance.

Reballoo
06-09-2014, 06:14 AM
Yes, Diana was played by the same actress.

Pokémon Heroes happens in a small city, Altimare, based off of Venice. The guardians of the city, Latios and Latias, are in danger due to two Team Rocket members, Anni and Oakley, when they capture Latios and steal the Soul Dew. Once taken power of this legendary Pokémon and the Soul Dew, they enter the city's museum and start using an ancient weapon to protect Altimare for evil purposes. Then Latias searches for help with Ash, Misty and Brock. But when they make it there, it has become too late, and the Soul Dew corrupts and shatters. Latios then sacrifices himself to create another Soul Dew and keep Altimare's tides at balance.

I think I saw that one I that the one where Latias turns into a girl name Latia? And there is big battle on a bridge involving an ariados?

Reballoo
06-13-2014, 04:00 AM
I just watched Final Destination 4. I think it kinda screwed up the plot of the previous 3...

Jrlicup
06-13-2014, 06:53 AM
Watch Oculus

Its Daniel
06-13-2014, 07:48 AM
I dun watch horror movies ok?
Just cartoons xD (Dun blame me)
Gonna watch How to train your dragon 2 this weekend :yeah:

Reballoo
06-15-2014, 05:53 PM
I dun watch horror movies ok?
Just cartoons xD (Dun blame me)
Gonna watch How to train your dragon 2 this weekend :yeah:

I wan't to see that movie. The trailer was good. For some reason, the fact that his name is hiccup disturbs me.

- - - Updated - - -

Watch Oculus

Describe it in a spoiler.

Disaster
06-15-2014, 05:59 PM
If anybody has seen Final Destination 2, Nora's death scene was sad. The way she said "I don't want to die!" Was upsetting. I liked Nora. If they hadn't have scared her, she would be ok. She was so scared, and the hook man was so creepy... Her son brought his death on himself though... When the fish fell in his mouth, I don't see how it could have suffocated him he had plenty of slits between his mouth and the fish.

Yes I saw that and the sad part is when The end when the kid is flipping burgers and BOOM! the thing blows up and his corpes lands on the picnic table. Ever seen The Grudge 3? The end is creepy.

Reballoo
06-15-2014, 06:05 PM
Yes I saw that and the sad part is when The end when the kid is flipping burgers and BOOM! the thing blows up and his corpes lands on the picnic table. Ever seen The Grudge 3, the end is creepy.

I feel bad, but I actually laughed at that part. Brian creeped me out... I like the second movie the best because everything connects to each other and it doesn't mess up the plot of the previous movie. Even the part with Brian and the grill linked to the story. The plot of the story is that the plane crash from the first movie lead to more people living when they were not supposed to. Brian was supposed to die, but the drug addict saved him, causing him to have to die later.

I have not seen any The Grudge movies, but I have heard of them. Describe it in a spoiler.

Disaster
06-15-2014, 06:15 PM
I feel bad, but I actually laughed at that part. Brian creeped me out... I like the second movie the best because everything connects to each other and it doesn't mess up the plot of the previous movie. Even the part with Brian and the grill linked to the story. The plot of the story is that the plane crash from the first movie lead to more people living when they were not supposed to. Brian was supposed to die, but the drug addict saved him, causing him to have to die later.

I have not seen any The Grudge movies, but I have heard of them. Describe it in a spoiler.

Ok so a father killed his wife and son so the sister of the wife goes to a apartment because a kid was thrown into the wall by the "grudge" the grudge is a thing not a emotion. And the Grudge followed her their. So the place is haunted by the "Grudge". Discription: The "Grudge" is the son & wife. They look pure white.

Mrs.TommoSwag
06-15-2014, 06:26 PM

Another movie recomendation: Pokémon Heroes. Watch it. Watch it now or I'll tell my good friend Darkrai to eat your soul while you miserably scream. :rolleyes:Click to see the pkmn heroes movie!:D (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrCHnz8nSh0&feature=kp)

Boomer
06-15-2014, 06:56 PM
The Transformer series (NOT the cartoons).

TF4 is coming out either at the end of June or beginning of July. I can't wait to see it!

Reballoo
06-15-2014, 07:49 PM
The Transformer series (NOT the cartoons).

TF4 is coming out either at the end of June or beginning of July. I can't wait to see it!

I have seen Revenge of The Fallen, but Znothing else. I don't really like Transformers.

Taigos
06-15-2014, 07:59 PM
Watch The Grand Budapest Hotel. :)

Reballoo
06-17-2014, 06:04 PM
Watch The Grand Budapest Hotel. :)

Describe in a spoiler...

Taigos
06-20-2014, 11:21 AM
Describe in a spoiler...
The Grand Budapest Hotel recounts the adventures of Gustave H, a legendary concierge at a famous European hotel between the wars, and Zero Moustafa, the lobby boy who becomes his most trusted friend. The story involves the theft and recovery of a priceless Renaissance painting and the battle for an enormous family fortune - all against the back-drop of a suddenly and dramatically changing Continent.

HunterHell
06-20-2014, 11:43 AM
I have watched a lot of really nice movies in the cinema over the past year, lemme see if I can remember some...

Pain & Gain

Great movie with Mark Wahlberg(hope I spelled that right :P).
Has some funny moments, action...
I can't really remember what was exactly going on there though, I only know it's really good. :p

Red 2

Obviously a sequel to Red...
Great movie with Bruce Willis, lots of action and funny moments. (yeah, I know, I kind of described these two the same hehe)
Some scenes are a litttleee bit unrealistic though.
About what's going on in the movie... Can't remember clearly.

Hangover 1, 2 and 3

Super funny. Awesome.
In Hangover 1, three main characters wake up with a hangover, they don't know where they are or what happened. All they know is that one of them had a bachelor party and is going to marry soon. The 4th friend (Doug) is missing, and they're searching for him.
Didn't watch Hangover 2 for some reason, I bet it's great...
In Hangover 3... Not sure what's going on, can't remember, watched it long time ago. :(

Hobbit

It's a three-part movie, so... basically three movies all connected. Completely connected.
Like a single movie, just... divided into three 2-hour movies. Eh...
Great animations, actors, everything. Funny a bit, too.
It's all happening before Lord Of The Rings. Gandalf asks Bilbo Baggins (Frodo's father) to join him and 13 dwarfs in a quest to conquer the long-gone home of the dwarfs, where a powerful dragon is now living. Bilbo, the hobbit, as some skills which they don't, he's the so-called "thief" they need.

Riddick

Another great movie, with Vin Diesel.
Riddick is left to die on some deserted island, alone. He fights aliens, trying to find a way out. He stumbles upon some space station on the planet, makes a distress call (is that the proper name?), knowing that if he does, a squad of soldiers will come to kill him. They come with their spaceship and stay in that station, awaiting for him. He slowly takes down one at the time, leaving only a few of them left. A rain starts, and he knows that some really nasty alien species come to kill anything during those rains. He lets himself get caught by those people. He's chained to a chair, waiting for those aliens. When one of the aliens kills a soldier through the wall, Riddick makes an agreement that he'll help them get rid of them if they help him get off the planet. Then they do some stuff, kill a lot of those aliens and leave the planet...

That's all I can remember, but I know I watched a lot more... Uh..

By the way, how good are Transformers 4, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Neighbors and Edge of Tomorrow?
They're currently being shown in the cinemas, not sure which should I go watch...

Reballoo
06-23-2014, 11:11 PM
I want to see Final Destination 5. Thats the only one I have not seen. Anybody got any horror movie series to recommend?

Dodo Wizard
06-24-2014, 01:28 AM
Predator. If you haven't seen it, go watch. If you don't want to (lots of guts, swearing, and inside out bodies) then don't.
I watched it when I was 6 or 7.

Terminator series. Robots, guns, swearing, time travel, and other cool shiz.

Lethal Weapon. Errmaaahgerd that was a greag trilogy. It's about two cops and some other stuff.

Robocop. And no, not the new one. The old trilogy from 1987-1993. It's about a cop that got like, horribly injured, then got put back on the force as a swaggy Robot.

Note: All these movies are Rated R.

Dakukene
06-24-2014, 09:44 AM
I like watching anime movies :o
If you want to watch some as well, I would recommend Princess Mononoke. (My favorite!)
The movie is really cool, but at the same time sad/emotional.
Also, the soundtracks are awesome!
I will always love this movie & It will always be my #1 movie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkWWWKKA8jY
Do you like Princess Mononoke? Why? Tell me! :wave: