PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help me...

karl0909
06-21-2014, 08:08 AM
I don't think this is a very serious problem. But I need help, nevertheless. I suck at these kinds of stuff.

So. I took this liking on a girl ever since Grade 7.(I'm grade 9 now) She knows, and she doesn't hate me for it. In fact, this was what made as closer. But, we can only talk through text messages/facebook. I can't seem to talk to her in person. It's just so hard. I'm shy. The thing we did that I could consider as the closest to a conversation went like this.

Her: Brofist!
Me: *raises fist *bumps fists *smiles *turns red *walks away

That's it! So, if anyone could give me tips on how I can talk to her, it would be very nice. It would be much appreciated.

The 978
06-21-2014, 08:13 AM
be yourself

im very pro at this stuff (sarcasm)

karl0909
06-21-2014, 08:24 AM
be yourself

im very pro at this stuff (sarcasm)

I'm always myself. And it doesn't seem to work. You just can't deny the fact that people will sometimes hate for who you are.

Elusive
06-21-2014, 08:29 AM
Relax and be yourself, get comfortable. If that doesn't work, be someone else, seriously but not entirely, use a role model, someone to set as an example, maybe a celebrity, your dad or better yet, use me :cool: Be confident, practice in your head, I'm sure you know all this. And if that's too hard for you, just be straight forward tell her how you feel about being near her. This will throw out that self-conscious feeling when you are shy. And depending on what type of girl she is, and if she truly likes you then she'll understand, you guys will laugh it off.

Cyanogen
06-21-2014, 08:35 AM
Don't listen to these people who say 'be yourself'. Because being shy is being you and that doesn't work.
I've had this problem.

Make sure she is alone, run up behind her and then slow down to her speed as you walk next to her.
Say 'hey [her name]'.
Then say something that's happened in your life, or talk about the weather, or just simply ask how her day has been.

Just always keep something in the back of your mind that you can bring up if it goes awkward. It helps a lot.

Oh, being alone makes it easier to talk to her.

I don't know if this will help.
I can't write a proper answer because my iPod is lagging so badly on the forums right now, so this is just a basic answer.

The 978
06-21-2014, 08:38 AM
Don't listen to these people who say 'be yourself'. Because being shy is being you and that doesn't work.
I've had this problem.

Make sure she is alone, run up behind her and then slow down to her speed as you walk next to her.
Say 'hey [her name]'.
Then say something that's happened in your life, or talk about the weather, or just simply ask how her day has been.

Just always keep something in the back of your mind that you can bring up if it goes awkward. It helps a lot.

I can't write a proper answer because my iPod is lagging so badly on the forums right now, so this is just a basic answer.

hey shakira today is cloudy i ate a cat last night hows your day been

Elusive
06-21-2014, 08:48 AM
I've had this problem.

Say 'hey [her name]'.

Being shy is not being yourself. Be yourself as in be the person that you are at home. Unless you actually get shy around your parents or siblings....

I agree with being with her alone, if you're with her friends and you say something dumb, her friends will laugh causing her to like you less.

karl0909
06-21-2014, 08:55 AM
Being shy is not being yourself. Be yourself as in be the person that you are at home. Unless you actually get shy around your parents or siblings....
I agree with being with her alone, if you're with her friends and you say something dumb, her friends will laugh causing her to like you less.
I am myself when I'm alone. Which is, shy. So technically, I'm myself when I'm shy, which s the exact problem I'm having.

hey shakira today is cloudy i ate a cat last night hows your day been
lol.

I've had this problem.
Say 'hey [her name]'.

Being alone makes it harder for me. :/

Relax and be yourself, get comfortable. If that doesn't work, be someone else, seriously but not entirely, use a role model, someone to set as an example, maybe a celebrity, your dad or better yet, use me :cool: Be confident, practice in your head, I'm sure you know all this. And if that's too hard for you, just be straight forward tell her how you feel about being near her. This will throw out that self-conscious feeling when you are shy. And depending on what type of girl she is, and if she truly likes you then she'll understand, you guys will laugh it off.
I'll take this advice.

iToaster
06-21-2014, 11:46 AM
IMAGINE EVERYONE WEARING UNDERWEAR

karl0909
06-21-2014, 02:50 PM
IMAGINE EVERYONE WEARING UNDERWEAR

That's gonna make it a hundred times harder. I mean. HOW WOULD I TALK TO A PERSON WEARING ONLY UNDIES. I'd tell them. HEY! NICE UNDIES! Polkadots @_@

iToaster
06-21-2014, 03:59 PM
That's gonna make it a hundred times harder. I mean. HOW WOULD I TALK TO A PERSON WEARING ONLY UNDIES. I'd tell them. HEY! NICE UNDIES! Polkadots @_@

If UR not talking to a person [UNDIES]

IF U ARE TALKING A PERSON [WEARING UNDIES]

AS SIMPLE AS DAT

karl0909
06-22-2014, 05:34 AM
If UR not talking to a person [UNDIES]

IF U ARE TALKING A PERSON [WEARING UNDIES]

AS SIMPLE AS DAT

Wat.......

LittleSirP
06-22-2014, 05:40 AM
Just talk to her. Spend time together, and make her understand that you really care about her. But she might not be ready yet, so don't push it.
I'm guessing this is Robert... you should really do the "-Robert" or "-Karl" thingy.

karl0909
06-22-2014, 06:45 AM
Just talk to her. Spend time together, and make her understand that you really care about her. But she might not be ready yet, so don't push it.
I'm guessing this is Robert... you should really do the "-Robert" or "-Karl" thingy.

'Tis Karl. Not Robert. Robert is Karl0331. I'm karl0909. kkk?

LittleSirP
06-22-2014, 06:50 AM
'Tis Karl. Not Robert. Robert is Karl0331. I'm karl0909. kkk?

WAIT. Robert said he was my age and he was in the 9th grade. You're in 9th grade too, but you're younger. What.

karl0909
06-22-2014, 07:27 AM
WAIT. Robert said he was my age and he was in the 9th grade. You're in 9th grade too, but you're younger. What.

I'm Karl. Not Robert. How old are you anyways?

LittleSirP
06-22-2014, 01:04 PM

I'm 12 this year, but he said he was older by a tad bit.

Elusive
06-22-2014, 11:12 PM

Karl, are you being yourself right now?

Dark_Heat
06-23-2014, 10:04 AM
I'm always myself. And it doesn't seem to work. You just can't deny the fact that people will sometimes hate for who you are.

Hide yourself into your deepest body,hide your emotions, meditate and start floating above surface. Freak her out then make her amazed at your telepathic powers. Fly everywhere. Be paid to act on the news. Be awesome. Then try and be casual when confronting here.

- - - Updated - - -

When's your birthday. Let us see who is older. :crazy:

Everything is a competition.

karl0909
06-23-2014, 10:42 AM
Oohh. So I'm also older than you. I'm 13.

Karl, are you being yourself right now?
Err. Of course. Who else would I be other than myself? Except if I'm imitating someone, which I'm not.

Hide yourself into your deepest body,hide your emotions, meditate and start floating above surface. Freak her out then make her amazed at your telepathic powers. Fly everywhere. Be paid to act on the news. Be awesome. Then try and be casual when confronting here.

- - - Updated - - -

When's your birthday. Let us see who is older. :crazy:

Everything is a competition.

What's with those words. My birthdate is Sept 9, 2000.

Cyanogen
06-23-2014, 10:57 AM
I'm just going to say this..
You cannot expect this to be easy or handed to you on a silver plate. You need to man up and talk to her. It is hard to do the first time; Trust me, I used to freak out when a girl talked to me because I couldn't really talk back. But now I talk to lots of girls every day. A few are quite good friends of mine even!

Now you don't need to practice or anything.. Just go up to her with one backup conversation to go to if things get awkward, and one conversation to start off with. It should just flow naturally from there.

Being alone may *seem* like it would be a little harder to talk to her, but it isn't. It is *way* easier to be yourself while you're alone..
Each conversation you have, the more comfortable you'll feel. Although every day you don't have one, the harder it will be to get the confidence to talk to her.

If you still don't feel confident enough, go up to a random girl and start chatting (preferably again, alone). It can just be a nice, friendly chat.
If you can do that, you can talk to almost anyone!

Now I know what you're feeling.. But you really need to forget about those feelings. They are just there to try stop you from talking to her, which isn't what you want.

How about on Facebook or whatever you talk to her on you could arrange to meet after school or something and walk down the street together (I don't know! I would avoid going to houses though, as they can get a little awkward!).

I hope this helps! Good luck!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, by the way, I used to be *extremely* shy. But now, certain teachers kinda want me to shut up because I talk so much in class that it annoys them..

Now as my *final* (I think) advise..
Listen to some happy music or something before you talk to her, none of that sad stuff/angry stuff.

LittleSirP
06-23-2014, 11:22 AM
I'm just going to say this..
You cannot expect this to be easy or handed to you on a silver plate. You need to man up and talk to her. It is hard to do the first time; Trust me, I used to freak out when a girl talked to me because I couldn't really talk back. But now I talk to lots of girls every day. A few are quite good friends of mine even!

Now you don't need to practice or anything.. Just go up to her with one backup conversation to go to if things get awkward, and one convocation to start off with. It should just flow naturally from there.

Being alone may *seem* like it would be a little harder to talk to her, but it isn't. It is *way* easier to be yourself while you're alone..
Each conversation you have, the more comfortable you'll feel. Although every day you don't have one, the harder it will be to get the confidence to talk to her.

If you still don't feel confident enough, go up to a random girl and start chatting (preferably again, alone). It can just be a nice, friendly chat.
If you can do that, you can talk to almost anyone!

Now I know what you're feeling.. But you really need to forget about those feelings. They are just there to try stop you from talking to her, which isn't what you want.

How about on Facebook or whatever you talk to her on you could arrange to meet after school or something and walk down the street together (I don't know! I would avoid going to houses though, as they can get a little awkward!).

I hope this helps! Good luck!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, by the way, I used to be *extremely* shy. But now, certain teachers kinda want me to shut up because I talk so much in class that it annoys them..

Now as my *final* (I think) advise..
Listen to some happy music or something before you talk to her, none of that sad stuff/angry stuff.

Meet up in a place in the library where no one goes to. Talk in private, laugh, ya know. Those fun stuff, then let the natural stuff happen.

Elusive
06-23-2014, 11:26 AM
Err. Of course. Who else would I be other than myself? Except if I'm imitating someone, which I'm not.

Then act like you are right now! Be yourself! Gosh is it that hard to understand??

Cyanogen
06-23-2014, 11:28 AM
Elusive, you are not a shy person, are you?

CoryT
06-23-2014, 11:32 AM
I don't think this is a very serious problem. But I need help, nevertheless. I suck at these kinds of stuff.

So. I took this liking on a girl ever since Grade 7.(I'm grade 9 now) She knows, and she doesn't hate me for it. In fact, this was what made as closer. But, we can only talk through text messages/facebook. I can't seem to talk to her in person. It's just so hard. I'm shy. The thing we did that I could consider as the closest to a conversation went like this.

Her: Brofist!
Me: *raises fist *bumps fists *smiles *turns red *walks away

That's it! So, if anyone could give me tips on how I can talk to her, it would be very nice. It would be much appreciated.

by her snacks in person but if you two go to a carnival, buy/win her a bear or a gigantic lollipop
or if you go to a restaurant pull her seat up and after the dinner share a milk shake...

that's how I won my girl (THIS ISN NOT ZELDA RELATED PEOPLE)

but im 15 so what do I know but it might work.

Elusive
06-23-2014, 11:37 AM
Elusive, you are not a shy person, are you?

I'm hinting him to simply be who he is RIGHT NOW, if you guys are shy right now then you wouldn't be replying back right now would you? I am simply telling you to be what you are RIGHT NOW and be that around her. If you don't understand that then i don't know what to say anymore.

You guys are soo deluded to whatever quote you guys have seen on FaceBook or wherever that you can't even OPEN your god damn eyes to the real logic explanation.

Dark_Heat
06-23-2014, 11:46 AM
Oohh. So I'm also older than you. I'm 13.

What's with those words. My birthdate is Sept 9, 2000.

The birthdate was referring to LittleSirPepper. And the words are words of wisdom from the guy everyone seems to worship in crazy moments. AKA well, HIM --> :crazy:

Freezing
06-23-2014, 11:49 AM
convocation
Off-topic, but you spelt this wrong.

Cyanogen
06-23-2014, 12:19 PM
I'm hinting him to simply be who he is RIGHT NOW, if you guys are shy right now then you wouldn't be replying back right now would you? I am simply telling you to be what you are RIGHT NOW and be that around her. If you don't understand that then i don't know what to say anymore.

You guys are soo deluded to whatever quote you guys have seen on FaceBook or wherever that you can't even OPEN your god damn eyes to the real logic explanation.

Talking on the internet is different to talking in real life, and talking to different people changes things too.

- - - Updated - - -

Off-topic, but you spelt this wrong.

Why thank you sir, I fixed it all up for you.
:hat: Good day.