PDA

View Full Version : "If you're older, you're always right."

LittleSirP
06-22-2014, 06:14 AM
I hate older people. Older people who don't know what they're talking about. I need to get this off my chest...

So, my Math teacher is really... ignorant?... He asked the whole class to do specific things, and he was inspecting it. When I asked if mine was correct, he said "Uh, hm.... No." and left. So, I felt really disrespected. Then I thought, I probably did something wrong. But no, everything I did was right. Then, I asked him why it was wrong and he took it in "consideration" because the whole class was looking at him. After that, I was okay with it, forgot about it. Then, the next day...

When he was teaching class, he was throwing these sentences out every once in a while, like "Hey class, quiet down. We're left behind already." We were not even talking, everyone in the class including me was taking down notes. So, since I really liked Math, I just coped with his behavior. I don't like people like that. My parents are like that too sometimes, that's why I'm in a bad mood often. When they scold me for a very small thing, and I try to defend myself, it's talking back. And I do, if talking back is defending yourself, then so be it.

Why. Why do they do this? It's like they want to get back at you for something you did not do. Then, when they figure out they're wrong it's either they feel embarrassed or they say "Sorry". Saying sorry doesn't mean everything is fixed. Take this for example, if your friend took your book and said that he borrowed it the next day, you're okay with it as long as he'll give it back. Right?
Okay... the day after that, he says "I lost it. Sorry.". You don't just expect one to forgive you that easily. Does saying sorry bring it back into your hands? Does it make it all good? Will the money you paid for it go back into your wallet? See, that's how I feel. It's even worse now because if you don't forgive your parents, you're being "disrespectful".

My dad often told me that "If you don't work for your money, you don't question anything I tell you to do." That really pisses me off. I just... I'll never understand.

Have a good one.:wave:

Christopher
06-22-2014, 07:24 AM
The title is incorrect

LittleSirP
06-22-2014, 07:26 AM
The title is incorrect

Then... what should it be?

Christopher
06-22-2014, 07:28 AM
Then... what should it be?

If your older, you're not always right

LittleSirP
06-22-2014, 01:02 PM
If your older, you're not always right

That's why I put the quotation marks...

syrup
06-23-2014, 01:20 AM
That's why I put the quotation marks...
That's not how you use quotation marks in a title.

Brys
06-23-2014, 01:40 AM
That's not how you use quotation marks in a title.

It's a sign of sarcasm, but yes this happened to me before I told that teacher off. You may call me disrespectful but I really hate when people lie to me like how LSP's teacher is to him.

lolgal96
06-23-2014, 01:44 AM
According to my uncle "If you're older, it's your fault". Once my cousin was singing a song and he blamed it on me for her singing it. It was that Taio Cruz song called "Dynamite" or something.

imbabe
06-23-2014, 01:54 AM
According to my uncle "If you're older, it's your fault". Once my cousin was singing a song and he blamed it on me for her singing it. It was that Taio Cruz song called "Dynamite" or something.

Omg =.=, Yes! I hate it, I'm always the one getting in trouble! :(

lolgal96
06-23-2014, 02:29 AM
Omg =.=, Yes! I hate it, I'm always the one getting in trouble! :(

Me too and it's never my fault!

Sheth
06-23-2014, 03:00 AM
The title is correct, isn't it? Since you're basically means you are so "if you are older, you are always right". But I agree, I kinda don't like it when my parents use the "well cause I'm your mom/dad" on me ._. And when I say something back they tell me not to be so defensive. I would listen to them without being defensive if they gave a good reason. But then again, respect your parents cause they were the ones who raised you and provided for you.

LittleSirP
06-23-2014, 03:03 AM
The title is correct, isn't it? Since you're basically means you are so "if you are older, you are always right". But I agree, I kinda don't like it when my parents use the "well cause I'm your mom/dad" on me ._. And when I say something back they tell me not to be so defensive. I would listen to them without being defensive if they gave a good reason. But then again, respect your parents cause they were the ones who raised you and provided for you.

I do it, no doubt. But... when the thing is just next to them and they still ask me to get it for them, that's just... I don't know.

Megazork
06-23-2014, 03:04 AM
Sometimes, adults need to know when their wrong and stop letting their ego get in the way.

They think that if us young people were to beat them in the argument, they wouldn't be able to show their face.

I did this with a teacher once, I stood up to her and pointed out her logic and questioned it, I held my argument

with clear logistical statements. Her only defense? Stop talking back before I send you to the principal's office.

I told her that you aren't so good at handling arguments when your only scapegoat is using the "authority" and

"power" you have. I got a detention and a whole class of students with admiration for me.

CoryT
06-23-2014, 03:06 AM
that's why all the incarnation of link are 10-16

Link is always right....

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKQ7iLOF7KSvWCJVIQJ1woSbq4kax5p lZmCQK-6K4KiD04j9Js

75% of the time....:sweatdrop:

LittleSirP
06-23-2014, 03:08 AM
Sometimes, adults need to know when their wrong and stop letting their ego get in the way.

They think that if us young people were to beat them in the argument, they wouldn't be able to show their face.

I did this with a teacher once, I stood up to her and pointed out her logic and questioned it, I held my argument

with clear logistical statements. Her only defense? Stop talking back before I send you to the principal's office.

I told her that you aren't so good at handling arguments when your only scapegoat is using the "authority" and

"power" you have. I got a detention and a whole class of students with admiration for me.

Exactly. It's better to stand up for yourself rather than give up and let the wrong thing win.

Megazork
06-23-2014, 03:10 AM
Exactly. It's better to stand up for yourself rather than give up and let the wrong thing win.

Ye ye. I wasn't going to let her intimidate me.

syrup
06-23-2014, 03:42 AM
It's a sign of sarcasm, but yes this happened to me before I told that teacher off. You may call me disrespectful but I really hate when people lie to me like how LSP's teacher is to him.

Still, you only use quotation marks in titles for;

Titles of short or minor works

Songs

Short Stories

Essays

Short Poems

One Act Plays

Titles of sections from longer works

Chapters in books

Articles in newspapers, magazines, or journals

Etc, etc..

GBAGamer
06-23-2014, 03:47 AM
The adults I've been with. Have not acted anywhere near this. :V

If they did. I would just swear at them inside my mind. It really takes the old pressure off.
Btw

I know teachers, don't get the best salarys..
BUT NEITHER DO STUDENTS MAN SO STOP ******* WITH US.

- - - Updated - - -

Songs

Short Stories

Essays

Short Poems

One Act Plays

Chapters in books

Etc, etc..
And quotes.
He was quoting that from words adults will probably say.

syrup
06-23-2014, 03:58 AM
The adults I've been with. Have not acted anywhere near this. :V

If they did. I would just swear at them inside my mind. It really takes the old pressure off.
Btw

I know teachers, don't get the best salarys..
BUT NEITHER DO STUDENTS MAN SO STOP ******* WITH US.

- - - Updated - - -

And quotes.
He was quoting that from words adults will probably say.

It's close to call but no banana, it sounds kinda sarcastic, but it's not used properly.

Back on topic, older people slip up sometimes, not that their robots or anything, but that they probably know more than you, but then they think, "Well oh gee wiz this guy is wrong because I'm older."

It stuff like this that kinda makes me wanna twitch a little, but hey, were all human!

Or are we.. :crazy:

Dark_Heat
06-23-2014, 11:49 AM
What month and year were you born. If I'm older then I can say I'm right to you. Very evil and sinister idea.

BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

PS: Don't quote this,mk?

LittleSirP
06-23-2014, 01:55 PM
What month and year were you born. If I'm older then I can say I'm right to you. Very evil and sinister idea.

BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

PS: Don't quote this,mk?

Oh I just did, my friend. MUAHHAHAH

It's September 24, 2002. If it turns out that I am older than you are, then... double MUAHAHHAHAH!

Boomer
06-23-2014, 05:36 PM
"Oops, I was drunk driving and I hit your brother and killed him. Sorry, man; won't happen again, ok?"

Nope, "sorry" doesn't always work so well.

My mom thought I was "talking disrespectfully,"(I wasn't; she TOTALLY pulled it out of her butt), and grounded me for an indefinite time off my iPad. Sometimes I wonder if people intentionally wait for you to slip and then smack you with a full out punishment, because I swear my mother does that.

- - - Updated - - -

It's September 24, 2002. If it turns out that I am older than you are, then... double MUAHAHHAHAH!

January 1999. Suck it, shrimp. ;)

DangerousG
06-23-2014, 05:51 PM

Songs

Short Stories

Essays

Short Poems

One Act Plays

Chapters in books

Etc, etc..

You wanna be an english nerd?

Sheth
06-23-2014, 06:14 PM
Has anyone else encountered this moment?
Parent goes like "NO GOING ON YOUR PHONE DURING DINNER!" Kid puts phone away.
A couple days later parent goes on phone during dinner time, kid says "NO GOING ON YOUR PHONE DURING DINNER!" Parent "Well I'm your mom sooo you have no right to tell me what to do."
Hypocrites these days... Most of the time, we don't want to cause any more drama so we back down, though in our minds we know we're right. Don't tell me I'm the only one XD

Boomer
06-23-2014, 06:44 PM
Has anyone else encountered this moment?
Parent goes like "NO GOING ON YOUR PHONE DURING DINNER!" Kid puts phone away.
A couple days later parent goes on phone during dinner time, kid says "NO GOING ON YOUR PHONE DURING DINNER!" Parent "Well I'm your mom sooo you have no right to tell me what to do."
Hypocrites these days... Most of the time, we don't want to cause any more drama so we back down, though in our minds we know we're right. Don't tell me I'm the only one XD

Parents can yell at you for breaking something of theirs. You're not allowed to raise your voice a fraction of that, and if you do, you're in big trouble.

syrup
06-23-2014, 10:01 PM

Beg your pardon? :D

GBAGamer
06-23-2014, 11:01 PM

You're not making any sense.

Being a nerd actually improves your chance of success in life. Other then those thick headed doofs that sit in class all day doing nothing.
And what do they acquire?
The nice soft bed in the back alley.
[a.k.a that hobo down the street]

xTech
06-23-2014, 11:08 PM
You should already know that stuff in Elementary.. 39410

Megazork
06-23-2014, 11:09 PM

Lol using quotes and underlining in titles was something some people learned in 3rd-4th grade.

Are you meaning to say that you failed to meet the standards of even a 3rd-4th grader?

xTech
06-23-2014, 11:19 PM
Lol using quotes and underlining in titles was something some people learned in 3rd-4th grade.

Are you meaning to say that you failed to meet the standards of even a 3rd-4th grader?
We said the same thing at almost the exact same time. :eek: Two minds think alike.

lolgal96
06-24-2014, 03:07 AM

I'm 1 year older than you making me right!
August 28th, 2001! HA!

Shredder2600
06-24-2014, 04:27 AM
Well, you do live in the Philippines. I wouldn't expect the best of teachers from schools there, but I can't say that your teacher is being disrespectful. The examples you've given don't amount to much.

Dark_Heat
06-24-2014, 07:37 AM

Did you say double?! No,I'm right since I'm 4 months and 22 days older (approx.).. My sinister plan is succeeded MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Aka I'm right and your wrong. Because I'm older. :yeah:

:P Kkk. I was born on May first,2002. You should be 11 if you were born 24/9/02..turning 12 this year?

Danlord101
06-24-2014, 07:47 AM
This happens with a couple of my teachers. But it never happens to me :rolleyes:.

LittleSirP
06-24-2014, 07:59 AM
Did you say double?! No,I'm right since I'm 4 months and 22 days older (approx.).. My sinister plan is succeeded MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

:P Kkk. I was born on May first,2002. You should be 11 if you were born 24/9/02..turning 12 this year?

Yeah. I'm 12 this year...

lolgal96
06-25-2014, 02:03 AM

I'm older than you and LittleSirP BOTH! HAHAHA!
August 28th, 2001~
OH

Dark_Heat
06-25-2014, 07:55 AM
I'm older than you and LittleSirP BOTH! HAHAHA!
August 28th, 2001~
OH

Aww..well have a cake as an achievement prize!