PDA

View Full Version : Elite defender Basketball.

GBAGamer
07-05-2014, 09:27 PM
Do really good defenders in basketball ever get noticed in high school b-ball? Like for colleges? .-.

Cus I am EXTREMELY good at defense :0

Not that I try to slap the ball out of the guys hands but with lockdown defense.

I got fast movement fast hands [lol] and fast decision making

I GOT DAT FFF DOE.

Brys
07-05-2014, 09:37 PM
Do really good defenders in basketball ever get noticed in high school b-ball? Like for colleges? .-.

Not that I try to slap the ball out of the guys hands but with lockdown defense.

I GOT DAT FFF DOE.

I'm really good at defense and decent at offense. I'm better than you.

GBAGamer
07-05-2014, 09:47 PM
I'm really good at defense and decent at offense. I'm better than you.

Your parents must be so proud.

iCheezGuy aka Cheezguy12
07-06-2014, 02:01 PM
Nice…….

I lead my grade in the league in scoring, assists, and steals. 10th in blocks lol… I'm shorter compared to my other classmates, but I'm taller than "the average height" in my grade.

GoldMedal
07-07-2014, 05:50 AM

I GOT DAT FFF DOE.

Yeah, as long as you can shoot ok.

Inner
07-07-2014, 05:56 AM
The b-ball talk is going on! Exactly what I wanted on the forums! yusssss

I'm a beast at both offense and defense. Massive blocker/rejecter, unstoppable scorer.

Oh and for you, GBA, yes you do get noticed in high school. That's how people get scholarships and get automatic NBA draft entry (college too) - ex: LeBron James got entry to NBA Draft in high school...

Yeah, as long as you can shoot ok.

Not exactly.. Chris Andersen (Miami Heat, a.k.a Bird Man) is a hecka good shot blocker but stinks at shooting. He can only dunk and get some easy shots in the paint.

Same goes with Dwight Howard. He does not shoot well by any means. The only reason he made it into the NBA is because if his height. Seriously, he can dunk on 12 ft hoops easily. His performance in the paint is exceptional as well, and his defensive ability is outstanding.

You just gotta have a talent in either offense or defense, you gotta make your free throws, use your BRAIN and not commit too many fouls if you want to make any league.

GoldMedal
07-07-2014, 06:08 AM
The b-ball talk is going on! Exactly what I wanted on the forums! yusssss

I'm a beast at both offense and defense. Massive blocker/rejecter, unstoppable scorer.

Oh and for you, GBA, yes you do get noticed in high school. That's how people get scholarships and get automatic NBA draft entry (college too) - ex: LeBron James got entry to NBA Draft in high school...

Not exactly.. Chris Andersen (Miami Heat, a.k.a Bird Man) is a hecka good shot blocker but stinks at shooting. He can only dunk and get some easy shots in the paint.

You just gotta have a talent in either offense or defense, and you gotta make your free throws and not commit too many fouls if you want to make any league.

Chris Anderson is a exception. He's defiantly a defensive player, when I was at a Heat game he made an amazing block. I still bet he can shoot better than anyone who's posted on this thread.

I wasn't too happy about the block because I'm a celtics fan.

dingle500
07-07-2014, 06:21 AM
I play basketball :D I suck at it though xD

Disaster
07-07-2014, 07:33 AM

I GOT DAT FFF DOE.

Well yeah, how do you expect there to be defenders in the NBA. And currently I am doing pretty decent at 3 pointers.

King902
07-07-2014, 08:27 AM
Basketball: Basketball is a sport played by two teams of five players on a rectangular court. The objective is to shoot a ball through a hoop 18 inches (46 cm) in diameter and 10 feet (3.0 m) high mounted to a backboard at each end. Basketball is one of the world's most popular and widely viewed sports.[1]

A team can score a field goal by shooting the ball through the basket during regular play. A field goal scores two points for the shooting team if a player is touching or closer to the basket than the three-point line, and three points (known commonly as a 3 pointer or three) if the player is behind the three-point line. The team with the most points at the end of the game wins, but additional time (overtime) may be issued when the game ends with a draw. The ball can be advanced on the court by bouncing it while walking or running or throwing it to a team mate. It is a violation to move without dribbling the ball, to carry it, or to hold the ball with both hands then resume dribbling.
To me its just bouncing and failing..Im really good at 10 pointers....
Source Michael Jackson Wiki

GBAGamer
07-07-2014, 03:38 PM
@Inner

But I heard its a down to a decimal of a percentage to get into college basketball. So I herd of. *~*