PDA

View Full Version : Why do we need a Last Name and a First Name on Youtube?

LolDawn
07-13-2014, 11:06 PM
I've always wanted to make a youtube account but 80% of the youtubers (including EasyE) have to have a First and Last Name. Whys that? And can anyone tell me how to prevent that once iRec is out?
I meant when a screen recorder for iOS 7-8 comes out. But better saying the name.
I know some GT youtubers who have to do this, including:
Cocomonkey (Cocomonkey GT)
EasyE (Ezekial Alay) (sorry if I misspelled that xD)
And tell me if you experience this!

Oh, also Hyperkooki (Hyper kooki)

LolDawn
07-13-2014, 11:44 PM
Bump... I need to know WHY this happens

Tech
07-13-2014, 11:45 PM
There is no requirement that you have to use your real name!

Your options:

- Connect your YouTube channel to a Google+ Profile that uses just your first name and last initial - like Peggy K.

- If you want a totally different name for your YouTube channel, connect your channel to a Google+ Page, rather than a Google+ Profile. A Google+ Page can be called almost anything you want. You can keep your current YouTube channel name even.

Friboy8
07-13-2014, 11:47 PM
It's very hard to explain but look it up on google :)
My username is just Fri
No surname just Fri

BUT if u still can't do I by tomorrow PM me and I'll sort it out for ya!

GOODNIGHT FORUMS :wave:

COLTONROCKO
Make an account with first name and last name, click upload, then it should say buissness place or whatever. Click that, make an buisness, but then name it your channel name. That is the only way really.

xKRYEAMx
Hmm use this. http://www.fakenamegenerator.com/m/

Friboy8
Make an account with first name and last name, click upload, then it should say buissness place or whatever. Click that, make an buisness, but then name it your channel name. That is the only way really.

I did mine a different way.. Oh yours is WAY easier XD

LolDawn
07-14-2014, 12:06 AM
There is no requirement that you have to use your real name!

Your options:

- Connect your YouTube channel to a Google+ Profile that uses just your first name and last initial - like Peggy K.

- If you want a totally different name for your YouTube channel, connect your channel to a Google+ Page, rather than a Google+ Profile. A Google+ Page can be called almost anything you want. You can keep your current YouTube channel name even.

Ok, much kudos, but I haven't even MADE an account yet.