PDA

View Full Version : Dink 3:

Zexer
01-08-2005, 05:51 PM
Hi,
I wanna create this post to maybe share some ideas about the creation of Dink 3. The fact that 1 was so brilliantly done and 2 was well.. Something a child done during his lunch break at school.. I think number three should be the real big daddy of them all. Maybe if All dink smallwood fans (I have just become one as of today through enjoying the mind boggling game that has been created) I think we could all work together to share some ideas and Hopefully (Big hopefully) Seth would read on like the ideas and maybe get a team of people onto it...
Trying to keep the scenery all as it was maybe throughout the next game we could have one bit whereby you come back to Mystery Island to solve some unforseen clues. Well I dont know about you guys but Number 2 left with the air ballon lifting off yeah.. So maybe the start of number three is where the King greets Dink and then dink does his usual "Im a hero I saved this girl itys amazing lalalalla. And the king finds out then why people havent been in touch. After this maybe the first bit of the game could be a mind puzzling game whereby your sent with a team to an island to go forsee the Myths surrounding the acient temple where the Prince Kanticula once stood before his Throne was overthrown in the Wars of the tide. And spend some time running riot round a nice temple doing bits n pieces

Other games to consider looking at for insperation could be

Broken Sword - Apart from number 3 1 and 2 were excellent. Number 3 was a little sour..

If someone can tell me where i find the download thing becayuse in my computer it isnt working and i think i need to re download the software that would be gr8

cheers

Zexer

AmoebaLord
01-09-2005, 04:19 PM
I don't think Mystery Island was the official sequel to Dink. We're still waiting for Dink 2.

Koehoro
01-12-2005, 12:18 PM
on the origional board, heaps of people asked Seth to make dink 2. i don't think Seth ever replied, but i remember he said he wasn't going to make a dink 2 in an interview once. but i think i heard somewhere that 2 was going to be made, but maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part

when i first saw this topic, i thought someone was saying: "if you're not gonna to make dink 2, how about 3 instead?" http://www.rtsoft.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

Zexer
01-17-2005, 08:12 PM
If i knew how to create a dink smallwood game and had a small team that could share ideas via my gmail account id be moer than happy with seths permission to make a third game because dink is good he doesnt deserve to die out like resident evil im happy to suggest ideas if seth is lost u kno

Zexer

dink holland smallwood
02-03-2005, 08:51 AM
It is not to hard to make a dmod.

Some handy tips to make one:
1. Get a skeleton dmod
2. Think of what sprites you are gonna use
3. Then create in the dink.ini file the new sprites you gonna use
4. Think about the story you want
5. Start creating
6. Any help with scripts put it on the message board here or on the dinknetwork

I made one of my own and now I am busy to make another that's gonna be as big as Stone of Balance, Main Dink Game.

Slayer
03-04-2005, 10:35 AM
maybe a sprite designer can come and make new sprites so it'll be a d-mod, but it looks new.

dink holland smallwood
03-05-2005, 10:35 PM
Sprites are easy to create and easy to get. Because there are a lot of new sprites to download at the DinkNetwork.

So putting neew sprites in a dmod is not hard. But creating a good story is harder. That is the problem of creating a dmod. New sprites are very very very easy to make and create. But the stroyline is very very very hard.

SimonK
03-06-2005, 01:10 AM
Hey Zexer, have you played the epic DMODs yet? These are the clsoest thing you'll get to Dink 2 or 3...