PDA

View Full Version : Deepworld vs growtopia?

Brennanber
07-24-2014, 06:32 AM
Which one is better? Depends on what you find "fun"

Please refrain from 1 second assumptions and the following texts
-"(game) is dumb!"
-"(game)'s graphics are bad!"
-"the developers of (game) are wayy better than (game)'s developers"

Graphics,
Deepworlds graphics are darker and apocalyptic themed and is somewhat appealing to those who haven't seen the theme before (such as myself) and tend to feel more "mature" the theme fits the gameplay well.

Growtopias graphics are cartoonish/playful appealing to people who enjoy more simple colors and basic themes. Though some things can be found strange (such as punching and doing /dance) they are mildly appealing to younger audiences.

Community,
Deepworlds community is interesting. A perfectly equal balance of nearly speechless players and talkative players and a somewhat similar amount of rude and respectable players

Growtopias community is containing many of the ages 11 and below. Because growtopia revolves around economy you find annoying rich people, pitiful item beggars, and silent middle class.

Cost
Deepworld has a similarity to other MMO games; its separation of entertainment based on your funding. To get maximum enjoyment out of the game you need to purchase quite a bit. The amount you get for your money is about the same as you would find in other MMO games and is comparatively balanced.

Growtopia is a free MMO game all the way through. Free worlds, Everything is obtainable, everywhere is accessible. It takes a small lock to lock the spawn and prevent anyone from messing up your world which is 50 gems. 50 gems takes about 2 minutes to get when you have nothing (when you start "farming" you can obtain that in seconds) though you can buy gems it isnt necessary unless you want stuff quicker. And what you get for your money is very pleasing. 10$ grants you 20,000 gems. Which I can guarantee you is alot.

Forums:
Deepworld basic forums. Easy to understand

Growtopia Folders of forums to make everything organized and feel less "spammy" containing every feature a forum needs and just a bit more. Though if I could I would ban nearly half of the people on it.

Gameplay
Deepworld is a survival game that runs smoothly with large worlds and a variety of enemies and weapons. With an ok building aspect

Growtopia is a sandbox economy game with the main currency usually running as world locks (locks that lock your entire world) the worlds are a decent size but the game is more about becoming rich and famous than building which can be found disappointing. The game runs moderately

Depending on what you find "fun" is the game best for you. If you are into relax/ hangout simple gameplay growtopia is for you. If you like combat and survival deep world may be your choice.

Christopher
07-24-2014, 06:33 AM
You can "Chat" in deep world? I downloaded that before I got growtopia and it was terrible

dingle500
07-24-2014, 07:27 AM
You can "Chat" in deep world? I downloaded that before I got growtopia and it was terrible

You didnt know that?! I like growtopia more ^.^ After the forum wars I tried deep world but it confused me :/ Their forums are confusing with less people. I mean I think there are too many growtopian forumers but theirs you can't have a good conversation on the forums :(

iToaster
07-24-2014, 07:39 AM
You didnt know that?! I like growtopia more ^.^ After the forum wars I tried deep world but it confused me :/ Their forums are confusing with less people. I mean I think there are too many growtopian forumers but theirs you can't have a good conversation on the forums :(

Downloaded game cause I don't know Deep world

Caesar_Growtopian
07-24-2014, 07:50 AM
What is Deepworld?
Is it avalaible on Android?
Can someone send me a link?

iToaster
07-24-2014, 08:39 AM
OMG I FOUND CYANOGEN

TIMTAM
07-24-2014, 08:55 AM
I really want to download this game, but I don't want to betray GT.

iToaster
07-24-2014, 09:03 AM
I really want to download this game, but I don't want to betray GT.

You'll get Torcherd

CoolOtaku
07-24-2014, 11:38 AM
Its hard to get their version of a "world lock" without paying real money

Myriaydus
07-24-2014, 12:45 PM
Which one is better? Depends on what you find "fun"

Please refrain from 1 second assumptions and the following texts
-"(game) is dumb!"
-"(game)'s graphics are bad!"
-"the developers of (game) are wayy better than (game)'s developers"

Graphics,
Deepworlds graphics are darker and apocalyptic themed and is somewhat appealing to those who haven't seen the theme before (such as myself) and tend to feel more "mature" the theme fits the gameplay well.

Growtopias graphics are cartoonish/playful appealing to people who enjoy more simple colors and basic themes. Though some things can be found strange (such as punching and doing /dance) they are mildly appealing to younger audiences.

Community,
Deepworlds community is interesting. A perfectly equal balance of nearly speechless players and talkative players and a somewhat similar amount of rude and respectable players

Growtopias community is containing many of the ages 11 and below. Because growtopia revolves around economy you find annoying rich people, pitiful item beggars, and silent middle class.

Cost
Deepworld has a similarity to other MMO games; its separation of entertainment based on your funding. To get maximum enjoyment out of the game you need to purchase quite a bit. The amount you get for your money is about the same as you would find in other MMO games and is comparatively balanced.

Growtopia is a free MMO game all the way through. Free worlds, Everything is obtainable, everywhere is accessible. It takes a small lock to lock the spawn and prevent anyone from messing up your world which is 50 gems. 50 gems takes about 2 minutes to get when you have nothing (when you start "farming" you can obtain that in seconds) though you can buy gems it isnt necessary unless you want stuff quicker. And what you get for your money is very pleasing. 10$ grants you 20,000 gems. Which I can guarantee you is alot.

Forums:
Deepworld basic forums. Easy to understand

Growtopia Folders of forums to make everything organized and feel less "spammy" containing every feature a forum needs and just a bit more. Though if I could I would ban nearly half of the people on it.

Gameplay
Deepworld is a survival game that runs smoothly with large worlds and a variety of enemies and weapons. With an ok building aspect

Growtopia is a sandbox economy game with the main currency usually running as world locks (locks that lock your entire world) the worlds are a decent size but the game is more about becoming rich and famous than building which can be found disappointing. The game runs moderately

Depending on what you find "fun" is the game best for you. If you are into relax/ hangout simple gameplay growtopia is for you. If you like combat and survival deep world may be your choice.
Deepworld is a weird game.

Spotlight
07-24-2014, 03:38 PM
No ones gonna pick deep world on growtopia forums.

_Tenflames_
07-24-2014, 03:39 PM

Deepworld forumers are saying that GT sucks and Deepworld is awesome...
WELL NO! Of Course Growtopia is Over 9000 Better Than That Rubbish Game...

Spotlight
07-24-2014, 03:41 PM

Who cares, we all have different opinions. Let them bash, they don't know.

Brennanber
07-24-2014, 08:18 PM
I posted this thread on BOTH forums so people would stop making false accusations and look at what is available.

Igniheit
07-25-2014, 01:17 PM
I don't even understand Deepworld one bit. XD
I played for 5 minutes, and left.

Spotlight
07-25-2014, 04:35 PM
I don't even understand Deepworld one bit. XD
I played for 5 minutes, and left.

It's hard to understand growtopia as well, the concepts of splicing and multiple "worlds" can be confusing.

Areodax
07-26-2014, 04:35 AM
Tried Deepworld.

Its kinda great. Yeah.

BUT GT BEATS THIS GAME MATE!!

MrSword48
07-26-2014, 04:44 AM
Eh... they did give a good comparison within the 2 games. Some were straight to point, though (We have these people too, don't deny). It's nice they don't want to remember our flame wars, though some of us won't stop. Deepworld's a fair community, just like ours. I would 60 for Growtopia, 40 for Deepworld.

Growtopia was fairly new at that time and we've improved. You're copying their old jerks, please don't.

Tech
07-26-2014, 05:01 AM
A very nice comparison indeed! Your statements are very accurate!

albzterninja
07-26-2014, 02:19 PM
Growtopia!!!

lsaac2
07-26-2014, 08:41 PM
Don't really like deep world. There's a lot of in-app purchases.