PDA

View Full Version : New PC

SuperJ
08-02-2014, 04:07 PM
Hey guys. So you all may know that I "accidiently" broke my PC, and didn't have the money to buy a new one. But now my dad offered me a new PC. What kind of PC should I get? If you have any sugestions post em here!

Telman
08-02-2014, 04:14 PM
Hey guys. So you all may know that I "accidiently" broke my PC, and didn't have the money to buy a new one. But now my dad offered me a new PC. What kind of PC should I get? If you have any sugestions post em here!

Ummm, the newest mac? Whichever one it is, I honestly don't pay attention to computers. Only if your dad can afford it, though.

lsaac2
08-02-2014, 04:36 PM
Surface pro 3. No questions asked.

SuperJ
08-02-2014, 04:43 PM
Bump! (10 gems)

_Tenflames_
08-02-2014, 04:48 PM
Get macintosh the old one ;)

Minecraftpee
08-02-2014, 04:53 PM

I Can't Really Suggest One Bcuz my Computer is like, 9999999999 Years old

Boomer
08-02-2014, 05:04 PM
HP and Dell usually are the best, unless you want a Mac.

BTW, I thought you lived in Canada??

PolarisHD
08-02-2014, 05:07 PM
I would recommend Toshiba. Btw don't buy a mac if you're only going to use it for games.

Ninjamir
08-02-2014, 05:26 PM
-Mac Book Air(Latest)( you can virtually run windows)
-Gaming Pc

PolarisHD
08-02-2014, 05:37 PM
-Mac Book Air(Latest)( you can virtually run windows)
-Gaming Pc

I have a mac book air. It overheats really quick which makes the games i play really slow. I played LoL, Minecraft, TF2, etc. on a macbook air. It was good for the first 10 minutes but after, it gets slow as hell.

Boomer
08-02-2014, 05:44 PM
I have a mac book air. It overheats really quick which makes the games i play really slow. I played LoL, Minecraft, TF2, etc. on a macbook air. It was good for the first 10 minutes but after, it gets slow as hell.

Ok, so he probably shouldn't get a Mac.

SuperJ
08-02-2014, 05:54 PM
Not a windows 8 computer...Oh... Because I was going to get one. :sweatdrop:

optimuswhat
08-02-2014, 07:27 PM
Do NOT get a Mac.

Get a Windows 7 Computer that has a really good video card, more than a 2.8 GHz processor, and maybe 8 GB RAM. More is good.

Oh, and lots of disk space. You can get a Terabyte (1000~ Gigabytes) for $99.

I highly suggest just making a computer. Cheaper than buying Alienware or some other junk.

PURPLE585
08-02-2014, 07:30 PM
Lenovo.

(Not really)

Anything with Windows 7.

darksnake99
08-03-2014, 04:33 AM
The Macbook Air, like other netbooks, doesn't work for games. Since there are many computer models I can't really suggest a certain one. Look at the computer's specs before you buy. If are going to be playing games on it, you will want a good RAM and good graphics card. (If your PC doesn't come with a good graphics card you can buy one seperately and install it.) If you'll be doing a lot of work and need to save documents get a PC with more hard disk space. (You could also buy an external hard drive, but you'll need to connect it via USB and they are expensive.)

Now you'll need to decide whether to get a laptop or a desktop. Laptops as a general rule aren't good for games,(With some exceptions.) but you can carry it around, it's mobile. As for me, I use a laptop, because I do work on it and like the comfort of mobilty. (I tired of typing up that report at my desk, so I want to move to the family room. No problem!) Of coure I play games on it frequently, and on laptops games are more hard to control.

TL;DR

Decide what you want from your PC and choose one that works best for you.

Brennanber
08-03-2014, 05:40 AM
http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/load_configuration.do?destination=review&config_id=8450396
Comes with everything you need (monitor, keyboard, mouse) and runs decently fast

CoryT
08-03-2014, 05:43 AM

Lol idk I dont focus on pc and cp

...scp...idk

but I recommend laptops.

Also loving your siggy

SuperJ
08-03-2014, 05:45 AM
Ya guys so I am going to get a Windows 7. Thanks for all your suggestions!

CoryT
08-03-2014, 05:49 AM

The conch has spoken
[Insert patrick star meme here]

Lol jk but good choice

SuperJ
08-03-2014, 05:50 AM
The conch has spoken
[Insert patrick star meme here]

Lol jk but good choiceHaha, this guy is awesome. :cool:

optimuswhat
08-03-2014, 05:53 AM

What are the system specs?
You could get a Windows 98 with the same specs of the computer you get, and it will make little difference.
Operating system comes second. The system specs come first.