PDA

View Full Version : Ebola??

King902
08-08-2014, 06:09 PM
So apparently there is a disease called Ebola and it is spreading...Quickly. I read that 2 patients were flown from Africa to here(Americans)and they have Ebola. Currently they are being held in Atlantis. If these people get out...Make contact with others, we might fall. Like many people are saying, make a hashtag. Well this is really serious. However there are 5 reasons not to panic. And well, let us hope for the best!

The 978
08-08-2014, 06:11 PM
EBOLA IS BOTH SPREADING IN WORLD AND IN THE FORUMS :panic:

Applez
08-08-2014, 06:18 PM
*bangs on wall a few times and a door appears going downstairs* Well.. i'm safe in my bunker...

King902
08-08-2014, 06:47 PM

#ForumPostBleed

raqk
08-08-2014, 06:52 PM
good thing I always stay inside, playing growtopia, and never make contact with anybody but through the internet...

The 978
08-08-2014, 06:53 PM
There is already terrorists near turkey, I don't want to deal with ebola

King902
08-08-2014, 07:08 PM
Rumors have started that it is spreading in the Usa...

Applez
08-08-2014, 07:44 PM

YAY- wait, crud...

Boomer
08-08-2014, 07:44 PM

I don't think so. I haven't heard any news it is. Just the two in Atlanta.

Taigos
08-08-2014, 07:49 PM
We're doomed.

HunterHell
08-08-2014, 08:39 PM
So apparently there is a disease called Ebola and it is spreading...Quickly. I read that 2 patients were flown from Africa to here(Americans)and they have Ebola. Currently they are being held in Atlantis. If these people get out...Make contact with others, we might fall. Like many people are saying, make a hashtag. Well this is really serious. However there are 5 reasons not to panic. And well, let us hope for the best!

If it's really THAT dangerous and stuff, shouldn't they restrict traffic in and out of places infected with it?
I know I saw a picture on Imgur of a plane going from Africa to somewhere, where the staff is wearing some kind of hazmat suit. :confused:

And Imgur and... well, probably every other social media.
It's moving faster on the Internet than in real life. Meh, everything is...

good thing I always stay inside, playing growtopia, and never make contact with anybody but through the internet...

Haha, yea, Growtopians are safe. Most of us don't have very rich social lifes. :whistling:

Magicalfishy
08-08-2014, 08:45 PM
There is already terrorists near turkey, I don't want to deal with ebola

Did someone say Turkey, because I don't think it's Thanksgiving just quite yet. :sweatdrop:

The 978
08-08-2014, 08:46 PM
Did someone say Turkey, because I don't think it's Thanksgiving just quite yet. :sweatdrop:
I meant country turkey

Boomer
08-08-2014, 08:51 PM

He means the country, MagiKarp.

imbabe
08-08-2014, 08:56 PM
Hopefully they get cured! I hope that disease doesn't come any where near us or any one else. :panic:

Spotlight
08-08-2014, 11:03 PM
Now we have a reason not to go to school, right? :D

Bamboo2004
08-08-2014, 11:09 PM
I heard that on the news! I heard it's DEADLY! I'm scared. Well, like every Growtopian

#NoSocialLife

#BumpityBump

#Hashtags

GummiBear64
08-08-2014, 11:12 PM
I'm confused. Isn't Ebola in the walking dead?
Isn't wherever the two people are, where they are filming The Walking Dead?

King902
08-08-2014, 11:36 PM

Ebola is a real disease. It had a massive outbreak just recently. Now people are starting to say rumors that there are others with it inside the states/countries other than africa.

InstaRabbit
08-09-2014, 01:41 AM

Ebola causes bleeding from eyes, mouth etc.

Its kina zombie related.

Maryjane
08-09-2014, 01:49 AM
Just chill. Those guys are probably in the hospital on pure lockdown with nurses and doctors with them super special suits to not get in contact.

Igniheit
08-09-2014, 02:49 AM
Oh no! This is extremely bad. :[

Spotlight
08-09-2014, 03:09 AM
Oh no! This is extremely bad. :[
Everyone making it sound extremely dangerous and stuff. It really isn't.
Remember the swine flu? It'll be just like that. I got the swine flu and it wasn't terrible.

MySuperCookie
08-09-2014, 02:57 PM

Ebola spread to Canada, USA, Spain and Saudi Arabia, or how I call em' the list o' sillie peeple.

Y Don't let them they die, they have Ebola, 90-95% Chances of Surviving it, only a Teen survived it ... :nope:

And I h8 Spain cuz the Spanish Patient went to the Hospital Carlos III (Charles III) which is in Torrejón de Ardóz (Madrid) it's like 20-30km from my House, I swear, if it Spreads I'm gonna leave Spain :hug:

One thing to insta:

You're talking 'bout AIDS (A.K.A HIV). Not Ebola.

Wikipedia taim !

''HIV / AIDS (Virus)''

The human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) is a lentivirus (a subgroup of retrovirus) that causes the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS),[1][2] a condition in humans in which progressive failure of the immune system allows life-threatening opportunistic infections and cancers to thrive. Without treatment, average survival time after infection with HIV is estimated to be 9 to 11 years, depending on the HIV subtype.[3] Infection with HIV occurs by the transfer of blood, semen, ******l fluid, pre-ejaculate, or breast milk. Within these bodily fluids, HIV is present as both free virus particles and virus within infected immune cells.
HIV infects vital cells in the human immune system such as helper T cells (specifically CD4+ T cells), macrophages, and dendritic cells.[4] HIV infection leads to low levels of CD4+ T cells through a number of mechanisms, including apoptosis of uninfected bystander cells,[5] direct viral killing of infected cells, and killing of infected CD4+ T cells by CD8 cytotoxic lymphocytes that recognize infected cells.[6] When CD4+ T cell numbers decline below a critical level, cell-mediated immunity is lost, and the body becomes progressively more susceptible to opportunistic infections.

''Ebola (EVD) Virus''
Ebola virus disease (EVD) or Ebola hemorrhagic fever (EHF) is the human disease caused by the Ebola virus. Symptoms typically start two days to three weeks after contracting the virus, with a fever, sore throat, muscle pains, and headaches. Typically nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea follow, along with decreased functioning of the liver and kidneys. At this point, some people begin to have bleeding problems.[1]
The virus may be acquired upon contact with blood or bodily fluids of an infected animal (commonly monkeys or fruit bats).[1] Spread through the air has not been documented in the natural environment.[2] Fruit bats are believed to carry and spread the virus without being affected. Once human infection occurs, the disease may spread between people as well. Male survivors may be able to transmit the disease via semen for nearly two months. In order to make the diagnosis, typically other diseases with similar symptoms such as malaria, cholera and other viral hemorrhagic fevers are first excluded. To confirm the diagnosis blood samples are tested for viral antibodies, viral RNA, or the virus itself.[1]
Prevention includes decreasing the spread of disease from infected monkeys and pigs to humans. This may be done by checking such animals for infection and killing and properly disposing of the bodies if the disease is discovered. Properly cooking meat and wearing protective clothing when handling meat may also be helpful, as are wearing protective clothing and washing hands when around a person with the disease. Samples of bodily fluids and tissues from people with the disease should be handled with special caution.[1]
There is no specific treatment for the disease; efforts to help persons who are infected include giving either oral rehydration therapy (slightly sweet and salty water to drink) or intravenous fluids.[1] The disease has high mortality rate: often killing between 50% and 90% of those infected with the virus.[1][3] EVD was first identified in Sudan and the Democratic Republic of the Congo. The disease typically occurs in outbreaks in tropical regions of Sub-Saharan Africa.[1] From 1976 (when it was first identified) through 2013, fewer than 1,000 people per year have been infected.[1][4] The largest outbreak to date is the ongoing 2014 West Africa Ebola outbreak, which is affecting Guinea, Sierra Leone, Liberia and Nigeria.[5][6] As of August 2014 more than 1750 suspected cases have been reported.[7] Efforts are ongoing to develop a vaccine; however, none yet exists.[1]

I really didn't read Ebola, so tell me if I'm right C:

Coinman32
08-09-2014, 03:41 PM
Remember the swine flu? It'll be just like that. I got the swine flu and it wasn't terrible.

Ebola is MUCH worse than swine flu.... Almost no one survives Ebola, and it causes you to bleed to death.

Air Server
08-09-2014, 04:28 PM
Does anyone here live in Atlantis? :D

- - - Updated - - -

Does Swine Flu have a 90% chance of death?
Because the Ebola Virus does.
Also, Ebola has no treatments. The only "treatment" would be to drink slightly sweet and salty water, but still, 90% of people who contact the Ebola Virus Disease die.

King902
08-09-2014, 04:42 PM
Donald Trump said that they have a way to reduce the death rate. There is no cure but there is a way to restrain it.

Trollrage
08-09-2014, 04:48 PM
You won't get so easily infected like SARS.

MrSword48
08-09-2014, 04:52 PM
Almost half of Africa is infected with Ebola, nobody bats an eye.

Two American doctors are infected with Ebola, everyone loses their minds.

iiFarmGT
08-09-2014, 05:34 PM
Ebola spread to Canada, USA, Spain and Saudi Arabia, or how I call em' the list o' sillie peeple.

Y Don't let them they die, they have Ebola, 90-95% Chances of Surviving it, only a Teen survived it ... :nope:

And I h8 Spain cuz the Spanish Patient went to the Hospital Carlos III (Charles III) which is in Torrejón de Ardóz (Madrid) it's like 20-30km from my House, I swear, if it Spreads I'm gonna leave Spain :hug:

One thing to insta:

You're talking 'bout AIDS (A.K.A HIV). Not Ebola.

Wikipedia taim !

''HIV / AIDS (Virus)''

The human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) is a lentivirus (a subgroup of retrovirus) that causes the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS),[1][2] a condition in humans in which progressive failure of the immune system allows life-threatening opportunistic infections and cancers to thrive. Without treatment, average survival time after infection with HIV is estimated to be 9 to 11 years, depending on the HIV subtype.[3] Infection with HIV occurs by the transfer of blood, semen, ******l fluid, pre-ejaculate, or breast milk. Within these bodily fluids, HIV is present as both free virus particles and virus within infected immune cells.
HIV infects vital cells in the human immune system such as helper T cells (specifically CD4+ T cells), macrophages, and dendritic cells.[4] HIV infection leads to low levels of CD4+ T cells through a number of mechanisms, including apoptosis of uninfected bystander cells,[5] direct viral killing of infected cells, and killing of infected CD4+ T cells by CD8 cytotoxic lymphocytes that recognize infected cells.[6] When CD4+ T cell numbers decline below a critical level, cell-mediated immunity is lost, and the body becomes progressively more susceptible to opportunistic infections.

''Ebola (EVD) Virus''
Ebola virus disease (EVD) or Ebola hemorrhagic fever (EHF) is the human disease caused by the Ebola virus. Symptoms typically start two days to three weeks after contracting the virus, with a fever, sore throat, muscle pains, and headaches. Typically nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea follow, along with decreased functioning of the liver and kidneys. At this point, some people begin to have bleeding problems.[1]
The virus may be acquired upon contact with blood or bodily fluids of an infected animal (commonly monkeys or fruit bats).[1] Spread through the air has not been documented in the natural environment.[2] Fruit bats are believed to carry and spread the virus without being affected. Once human infection occurs, the disease may spread between people as well. Male survivors may be able to transmit the disease via semen for nearly two months. In order to make the diagnosis, typically other diseases with similar symptoms such as malaria, cholera and other viral hemorrhagic fevers are first excluded. To confirm the diagnosis blood samples are tested for viral antibodies, viral RNA, or the virus itself.[1]
Prevention includes decreasing the spread of disease from infected monkeys and pigs to humans. This may be done by checking such animals for infection and killing and properly disposing of the bodies if the disease is discovered. Properly cooking meat and wearing protective clothing when handling meat may also be helpful, as are wearing protective clothing and washing hands when around a person with the disease. Samples of bodily fluids and tissues from people with the disease should be handled with special caution.[1]
There is no specific treatment for the disease; efforts to help persons who are infected include giving either oral rehydration therapy (slightly sweet and salty water to drink) or intravenous fluids.[1] The disease has high mortality rate: often killing between 50% and 90% of those infected with the virus.[1][3] EVD was first identified in Sudan and the Democratic Republic of the Congo. The disease typically occurs in outbreaks in tropical regions of Sub-Saharan Africa.[1] From 1976 (when it was first identified) through 2013, fewer than 1,000 people per year have been infected.[1][4] The largest outbreak to date is the ongoing 2014 West Africa Ebola outbreak, which is affecting Guinea, Sierra Leone, Liberia and Nigeria.[5][6] As of August 2014 more than 1750 suspected cases have been reported.[7] Efforts are ongoing to develop a vaccine; however, none yet exists.[1]

I really didn't read Ebola, so tell me if I'm right C:

Oh god you put HIV in there .-.

HunterHell
08-09-2014, 08:16 PM
Almost half of Africa is infected with Ebola, nobody bats an eye.

Two American doctors are infected with Ebola, everyone loses their minds.

Scientists: OMG Global warming's gon' kill us!
Everyone: Pfft, nah...

Scientists: Don't worry about Ebola.
Everyone: *panic*

Boomer
08-09-2014, 11:06 PM
Ebola causes bleeding from eyes, mouth etc.

Its kina zombie related.

No. It causes your guts to rot. Low survival rate, and even if you survive the disease, you're likely to be so badly torn up you'll die shortly after.

- - - Updated - - -

Read my post...

Here's a link to Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebola_virus_disease

Igniheit
08-10-2014, 02:28 AM

Crap, that's bad.

KenDu
08-10-2014, 02:33 AM
Ebola? Is that virus? Zombie? omg?

Reballoo
08-10-2014, 02:36 AM
Why did they take the 2 people back to America?! Treat them IN AFRICA WHERE THEY GOT IT, or don't bother! Why risk infecting America?! Worst decision ever! (They said a child on the plane they used to fly the 2 Americans back got infected too, so that makes 3. I think they even said 5 people had it)

raqk
08-10-2014, 02:41 AM
I read somewhere that if people are even suspected of having Ebola their sent into isolation, and that's probably where they went, to a isolated part of America, a holding center or something... America probably has better holding and medical facilities

Igniheit
08-10-2014, 02:46 AM
That's a cool name... For an alt. :ninja:

Disaster
08-10-2014, 02:54 AM

So according to what I heard its Atlanta not Atlantis. There is a global pandemic for the virus, they are currently trying to find a cure.

TheNegativeOne
08-10-2014, 04:02 AM

It is extremely bad if it spreads, nothing like the swine flu. Chances of dying from Ebola are like 90% and 50-60% with treatment.

- - - Updated - - -

Why did they take the 2 people back to America?! Treat them IN AFRICA WHERE THEY GOT IT, or don't bother! Why risk infecting America?! Worst decision ever! (They said a child on the plane they used to fly the 2 Americans back got infected too, so that makes 3. I think they even said 5 people had it)

Worst decision ever? People hear need to educate themselves. It would be much easier finding a cure in the US instead of a third world country like Africa. If we just leave it in Africa and don't find a cure or a way to slow it down it can quickly spread. The US isn't the only one who is trying to find a cure, a patient got transported to Spain as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eHr5sroQZ4

Maryjane
08-10-2014, 04:03 AM
It is extremely bad if it spreads, nothing like the swine flu. Chances of dying from Ebola are like 90% and 50-60% with treatment.

Y u so negative? Just keep in mind that those people who are infected are with high tech people who know what the fish they are doing.

TheNegativeOne
08-10-2014, 04:08 AM
Y u so negative? Just keep in mind that those people who are infected are with high tech people who know what the fish they are doing.

Not everyone who is infected are with high tech people ya know. There are many in Africa that aren't get treatment either because they don't know they have it or some other thing.

Maryjane
08-10-2014, 04:14 AM
Not everyone who is infected are with high tech people ya know. There are many in Africa that aren't get treatment either because they don't know they have it or some other thing.

True, but as long as they stay there in Africa and not spread then it's fine. Or some high tech people might come in there and try their best on curing all the patients they can. Right now they are experimenting on a cure. There's this experimental serum that contains tobacco for the 2 American patients with it. http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2014/08/08/338866028/investors-pump-prospects-of-unproven-ebola-treatments?utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=business

Edit: Crap it's spreading fast. http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/health/irish-doctor-tells-of-daily-heartbreak-treating-ebola-in-sierra-leone-30495285.html
932 people dead because of this outbreak.

PannyFlan
08-10-2014, 04:31 AM
It not near Minnesota right? I don't want nightmares...

MrSword48
08-10-2014, 05:21 AM
Africa is slowly dying...

EasykGT
08-10-2014, 05:48 AM
Its not near Canada right? I live in Canada, Calgary

PannyFlan
08-10-2014, 05:59 AM
Its not near Canada right? I live in Canada, Calgary

I don't think so, not even close. I heard someone is infected and is gonna visit his family in 1 month in Minnesota. I am so afraid now... because I live in Minnesota...

Spotlight
08-10-2014, 06:59 AM
No. It causes your guts to rot. Low survival rate, and even if you survive the disease, you're likely to be so badly torn up you'll die shortly after.

- - - Updated - - -

Read my post...

Here's a link to Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebola_virus_disease

I was definetly wrong, my apologies :sweatdrop:

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Worst decision ever? People hear need to educate themselves. It would be much easier finding a cure in the US instead of a third world country like Africa. If we just leave it in Africa and don't find a cure or a way to slow it down it can quickly spread. The US isn't the only one who is trying to find a cure, a patient got transported to Spain as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eHr5sroQZ4

I know I was wrong, my apologies.
Also, Africa is a continent.
Also, viruses have no cure.

Maryjane
08-10-2014, 07:18 AM
I was definetly wrong, my apologies :sweatdrop:

- - - Updated - - -

I know I was wrong, my apologies.
Also, Africa is a continent.
Also, viruses have no cure.

But there could be an injection to prevent it from spreading. I feel sorry for the 2 Americans :/

_Lennart_
08-10-2014, 08:20 AM
huehuehue im in sweden

HunterHell
08-10-2014, 08:31 AM
True, but as long as they stay there in Africa and not spread then it's fine. Or some high tech people might come in there and try their best on curing all the patients they can. Right now they are experimenting on a cure. There's this experimental serum that contains tobacco for the 2 American patients with it. http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2014/08/08/338866028/investors-pump-prospects-of-unproven-ebola-treatments?utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=business

Edit: Crap it's spreading fast. http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/health/irish-doctor-tells-of-daily-heartbreak-treating-ebola-in-sierra-leone-30495285.html
932 people dead because of this outbreak.

I feel like someone's playing Plaque Inc. (really popular game, I'm sure many of you know it) with us. :panic:

_Lennart_
08-10-2014, 08:35 AM
I feel like someone's playing Plaque Inc. (really popular game, I'm sure many of you know it) with us. :panic:

i playz it :P

HunterHell
08-10-2014, 08:39 AM
i playz it :P

I played it too. I killed all of humanity... Well, my bacteria did. :whistling:

_Lennart_
08-10-2014, 08:41 AM
I played it too. I killed all of humanity... Well, my bacteria did. :whistling:

yesh, kill the humans ENSLAVE THE WORLD :P

wait, how you gonna enslave it without humans, eh...

MrSword48
08-10-2014, 09:01 AM
But there could be an injection to prevent it from spreading. I feel sorry for the 2 Americans :/

What about every Ebola-infected people at Africa? D:

_Lennart_
08-10-2014, 02:33 PM
What about every Ebola-infected people at Africa? D:

we massproduce gravestones

MrSword48
08-10-2014, 02:56 PM
we massproduce gravestones

OH MY GOD

Everyone who laughs has a special place in hell

_Lennart_
08-10-2014, 02:57 PM
OH MY GOD

Everyone who laughs has a special place in hell

i didnt laugh :P

Sheth
08-10-2014, 03:21 PM
One guy's test result was negative. Thank goodness. All we can do now is pray for this situation to get better. Ignorance is bliss, I wish I didn't know bout this :/

Ukks
08-10-2014, 03:58 PM
huehuehue im in sweden

Huehuehue I'm in estonia. :)

Also, I think someone plays Pleaque Inc. (real life version) :D I feel bad for em. :c

Spotlight
08-10-2014, 09:24 PM

You can't cure viruses.

Paine
08-10-2014, 10:09 PM
I keep seeing these lines. Like a blue one that twists and stuff. What is it?

BTW- I live in America... Just 3 hours from Atlanta! Don't search up pictures! (Warning:cry:)

Well its ok, I didn't want to sleep anyways.

Brennanber
08-11-2014, 09:07 AM

Grrr. Yes these 2 people had ebola and flew to america

But the news loves to only include that information so they can scare everyone and say "but we have the most latest information on this disaster!"

They PURPOSELY flew to america for studies/ research subjects

Nope
08-11-2014, 09:33 AM
Hopefully they get cured! I hope that disease doesn't come any where near us or any one else. :panic:

Once you catch Ebola, you only have one thing to do.
Die.

matemar
08-11-2014, 09:53 AM
You shouldn't worry so much. Ebola is speeding trough body fluids and since Europe and America has cleaner city's their is a low chance of spreading. There was never any airborne case of Ebola. Africa was an easy target for Ebola because city's are dirty and many people are poor so they don't take showers and so on. Fact: Did you know that if you would successfuly fused Ebola with a few other viruses you could get a virus with zombie symptoms?

iVertigo
08-11-2014, 10:27 AM
I live all the way in Fresno, CA but if that virus hits cali, we moving to japan:(;)

Boomer
08-11-2014, 01:39 PM
I live all the way in Fresno, CA but if that virus hits cali, we moving to japan:(;)

Then you can be friends with Seth xD

- - - Updated - - -

Fact: Did you know that if you would successfuly fused Ebola with a few other viruses you could get a virus with zombie symptoms?

*Grabs a shotgun*

Maryjane
08-11-2014, 02:33 PM
You shouldn't worry so much. Ebola is speeding trough body fluids and since Europe and America has cleaner city's their is a low chance of spreading. There was never any airborne case of Ebola. Africa was an easy target for Ebola because city's are dirty and many people are poor so they don't take showers and so on. Fact: Did you know that if you would successfuly fused Ebola with a few other viruses you could get a virus with zombie symptoms?

Oh so that's the same as... Oh dear.

Okay guys, who want's to buy a legit shotgun, crossbows, bow and arrows, oh and also some Molotov. I love molotovs. Just burn everything like Annie.

Ukks
08-19-2014, 06:07 PM
Oh so that's the same as... Oh dear.

Okay guys, who want's to buy a legit shotgun, crossbows, bow and arrows, oh and also some Molotov. I love molotovs. Just burn everything like Annie.

*Grabs Mini Nukes, And Fat Man* (Google it if you want.[ Fallout Player will know what i'm talkin about.]) :whistling: