Thread: Possible Alternative TLM Download Server

Lesser Wizard

I just buggered FilePlanet to put Teenage Lawn Mower up on their servers. They have a form which you can suggest files that they put on their servers, where you type in the name, author, file descriptions and so on. I did so, basically copying the information on the 'Our Products' section and the TLM page. So (hopefully) it'll be up at FilePlanet in a few days.

Also, you might want to try e-mailing other web sites (bluesnews.com, shacknews.com, and so on). At least Blue's and Shack both have file servers, so maybe you could convince them to mirror TLM too

While searching FilePlanet to see if TLM was up there already or not, I found another lawn mowing game. I was amazed that anyone else could ever think of such a... unique idea

Lawn Mower Demo

And finally, I decided to browse around the old Dink Smallwood web site for a while... and I found that the Files page (where most people would go to download Dink) was filled with completely-dead links. If you could just replace those links with one to this one, that would be great. I will update/remove links from that URL around once a month, and the URL will stay the same even if we switch servers or database systems and such, because its basically a forwarding URL.

Thanks.

Ok thanks. I can't use MOST of the big fileservers because places like download.com needs a direct link to the file without any hassle where a place like fileserver shows adds, que's you up and so forth.

Not sure about the other sites though... hmm..

I'm going to do a complete overall of the Dink site and make it match the RTsoft site pretty soon, I'll fix up the download links to link over to dink.

Other lawn mower games - yep I've played that one, also Hover Bover is a pretty good one. Mine is a completely different experience however, being 3d and featuring RPG aspects. (joining cults and such)
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Lesser Wizard

Cool, it looks like it is up at FileShack now: http://www.fileshack.com/file.x?fid=1028 . FilePlanet seems to have ignored my inquiry thus far, curses.