Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need to know the truth

Question I need to know the truth

Is it true that Meow has something to do with choosing new mods? And is it also true that mods can only be adults who are mature? Plus is it true that "the creators" only choose people who have made really good worlds? Just wandering.

Check out the channel for weekly contests, tutorials and more!

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄ ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀ ▀
    \(^_^)/ Growtopia/Minecraft Pocket Edition Videos \(^_^)/
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ezekiel
    ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄ ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀ ▀

Probably just a bunch of rumors you heard. Not sure though..
    Million Gem Club.
    Legendary Club

Yeah I agree to with admex but on the other hand could be true

I heard Seth say in a forum post that he doesn't ask the mods their age, Hope this helps.

Check out my lastest video!

Visit my world: DezireGT
    Visit my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfk...opgatcGh71Gx_g

Choosing mods is very strict process, but I think it's fair to give everyone a deeper look into how it works. The more you know, right?

Every Friday all the moderators meet in secret in an ancient tomb. (Mods must press their GT amulet against the insignia on the door to open it)

Everyone wears his or her ceremonial garb.

We take turns suggesting possible new mods - until we've setup 10,000 name cards and light a candle by each one. It's a total fire hazard, but it's the only way.

We roll the bones, read the stars and wait for the Growtopia Sprit Wind to enter the chamber.

One by one the candles are blown out - but sometimes a single one remains lit.. that is the chosen one!

Phone calls are made, the person is kidnapped and brought in. We usually watch Game Of Thrones or play Twister while we wait for his or her arrival.

When the hood is removed, we explain they've been chosen and must pledge to protect and serve Growtopia. If they say no, they are thrown into the pit.

After the blood-rite is finished there is a celebration, unless the server has crashed in which case we rub ashes on our clothes and go through server logs to figure out why.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Seth; 04-04-2013 at 01:15 AM.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Choosing mods is very strict process, but I think it's fair to give everyone a deeper look into how it works. The more you know, right?

Every Friday all the moderators meet in secret in an ancient tomb. (Mods must press their GT amulet against the insignia on the door to open it)

We take turns suggesting possible new mods - until we've setup 10,000 name cards and light a candle by each one. It's a total fire hazard, but it's the only way.

We roll the bones, read the stars and wait for the Growtopia Sprit Wind to enter the chamber.

One by one the candles are blown out - but sometimes a single one remains lit.. that is the chosen one!

Phone calls are made, the person is kidnapped and brought in. We usually watch Game Of Thrones or play Twister while we wait for his or her arrival.

When the hood is removed, we explain they've been chosen and must pledge to protect and server Growtopia. If they say no, they are thrown into the pit.

After the blood-rite is finished there is a celebration, unless the server has crashed in which case we rub ashes on our clothes and go through server logs to figure out why.

Hope this helps!
    That was one of the funniest posts I've ever read on any forum ever. Originality lies within you.

That's not sarcasm either. This post really made me laugh.

Anyways, back to a question asked earlier....
    You asked about age requirements, and it had been pointed out that there is no age requirement but a maturity requirement. But meow mentioned in a post once, that there are a lot of things in the game thay even someone who's 13 or 14 and mature shouldn't see. So keep that in mind.
    your: possessive form of you; shows possession in second-person
    you're: contraction of you and are

their: possessive form of they or them
    they're: contraction of they and are
    there: word showing a place or point in time

When the hood is removed, we explain they've been chosen and must pledge to protect and serve Growtopia. If they say no, they are thrown into the pit.

Hope this helps!

and that is the story of how they choose moderators, the end
    Pixelartist and old skool growtopian
    if you want some art or help with anything on the technical side feel free to ask!

Hope this helps!
    Sounds a bit.... Demonic? Haha, well that is certainly unique process, haha..
    Million Gem Club.
    Legendary Club

raqk

Hope this helps!
    That was one of the most funny things I've ever read, and dear growtopia spirit winds, you select wonderful mods. Thank you!

Hope this helps!
    I actually thought this was going to be a serious post, then I rofled.

Hope this helps!
    This is the most beautiful thing I've ever read. I wish I was the last candle.
    I rant on others idiocy.

Hope this helps!
    Seth can cheer me up on bad days
    Changed my GrowID to rewyan

The weird part is they play twister while they wait lol to funny that was price less

I wonder how do you play twister in GT...

Is it true that Meow has something to do with choosing new mods?

Where did you hear that!? As Seth said, the spirit chooses.

And is it also true that mods can only be adults who are mature?

In my opinion, you do. You need to have the maturity to know the rules and enforce the rules. If someone is too obsessed with being liked, they probably won't make a good mod. A mod needs to enforce the rules, and because of that, people you punish probably won't like you, it's inevitable. So it's not all about being nice, you need to be assertive and take authority at times. You need maturity to do that, and to be able to decide an appropriate punishment for the crime, etc.
    The admin do not necessarily ask for an ID when choosing a mod, they judge maturity through how you portray yourself on the forums. Some people can be immature at 22, and mature at 11. It's not really an age thing, maturity and the quality of being genuine shines through quite brightly. People can spot fakes and "grandstanders" from a mile away. It's obvious when someone is genuinely passionate, and when someone is only doing something to look good for those watching.

Plus is it true that "the creators" only choose people who have made really good worlds?
    I don't think good worlds are required to become a moderator, but being well known might help the admin know you even exist. Which is a big plus. (How can they choose you if they don't know you exist?) so it's good in that sense. But in every case it was coupled with being active on the forums (seil, myself, jens, etc we all were well known from a world, but we are also very active on the forums)

Just wandering.
    It's wondering.

these are all just my opinions, not the developers rules or anything

Quote Originally Posted by INightmareI View Post
    I feel sorry for the people who got chosen and thrown in the pit o.e

But reading it was hilarious XD

Rovspy answered the questions well, I'd just like to add my thought in it, if it's fine.

Some questions it's best to stay secret. I heard the rumor too about Meow recommending Jens. Seth and Hamumu probably investigated to see if he fitted the role and if he was a kind and not power mad person. People do often use a mask in front of their face, and pretend to be nice somewhere, but nasty elsewhere.

Seth said age was not a issue yet. Maturity can happen to very young people, and most of the people in the game are children/teens, so there won't be lots of mods if there was a age minimum.

Ohh so that's how this rumour started. I was wondering where it popped up from!
    a while ago I suggested Jens in one of those "I should be a moderator thread" which turned into a mod suggestion thread. I also suggested a list of others. I don't partake in these anymore because people may get the wrong idea, and people may get offended if they are not suggested by their best friend. I think it can be demeaning.
    The weird thing is, when I was new to the game I actually thought jens was a mod already, perhaps I was seeing into the future!

Hope this helps!
    Well Seth that's has to be one of the funniest things I have ever heard. My favorite part was when you said you watched game of thrones or play twister.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marosa Minnie View Post
    That's admirable of Jens to pull out.
    Schlankwald

Unhappy

Hope this helps!
    Wait Seth That Means U Have to Meet In Real Life well Thats How I Understand It Well It Was good Story Lol Mad Me laugh Too Well That Happens In Real Life Or In Game

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cruz Giselbert View Post
    Wait Seth That Means U Have to Meet In Real Life well Thats How I Understand It Well It Was good Story Lol Mad Me laugh Too Well That Happens In Real Life Or In Game
    Do you know what the funny thing is? Seth and Hamumu have actually never met in real life! Seth lives in Japan, whereas Hamumu lives in the United States of America! (But I reckon' their Skype bills would be through the roof! )

You can't always trust rumor but they may be true
    calm down sweaty it's a prank

Hope this helps!
    I knew it. You too are part of the inner circle. You must be attending Bohemian Grove this july.