Firstly, i'd like to say that I intended to only spellcheck, however as I was carefully proofreading, I noticed I was nitpicking at sentences and such. So i'm being a little grammar-nazi-ish (only ish though) -- So alot of these you may probably just end up ignoring, but I thought they were important enough. In fact it almost took me an hour to do this. I don't know why but some errors just started popping out and taking longer and longer. So please excuse the nitpickyness ---

Note i'm not sure if you know or not, or if it was already done, but usually two spaces are required after a period (and of course one after a comma).

On the first part, at the top it says "What's Novashell?" I'd put "What Is Novashell?" -- Sort of an emphasis on Is.

Part 2 -

(Run Novashell and choose the Dink Example from the list, or double click the file worlds/RT_DinkTest.novashell to start it directly) -- should have a period after directly. It's the second "paragraph" down the page (or third sentence if you like).

After instructing them to enter into edit mode by hitting F1 and just under the pic showing "editing map data in profile player" is this line - "Notice the title of the main edit bar has changed. All map edits you do are now limited to THIS particular game - it's kind of like a safety net, you can erase or add all you want without it mo dying the data." -- I think you want "modifying" instead of "mo dying".

A ways down after first showing the screen with dink in the room with the little "feet" icons you have this line -- "You're probably wondering what the heck those green things are and where they came from. Those are pathfinding node." -- You probably want "nodes" plural at the end there.

then directly under that is -- "The game automatically connects them together to constructs a graph that AI can use to navigate." -- there are two ways to do this. One is "The game automatically connects them together to construct a graph that AI can use to navigate." or "The game automatically connects them together and constructs a graph that AI can use to navigate." -- your choice. Also you may want to say "the AI", however that is a personal opinion, because I read it like "the AI" instead of straight "AI" -- but you don't have to change that last bit on my account, that's just another nitpicky thing :-)

Under the picture showing all the path nodes connected you havet his line - "If you delete or add them, lines will connect or disconnect automatically, based on if the paths can "see" each other or not." -- Properly it should be "If you delete or add them the lines will connect or disconnect automatically, based on whether the paths can "see" each other or not." -- "based on if" just doesn't sound right.

Under the "Layers" heading. A couple of paragraphs down you have this sentence -- "The problem is the layer isn't selected on the Active For Edit panel." -- I feel that you need it to say "The problem is that the layer isn't selected..." -- notice "The problem is the layer" verses my "The problem is that the layer"

Under the part where you resize the note symbol -- "You try to left click and drag, you only select things, it doesn't move." -- I would suggest putting an If on the front of the sentence. "If you try to left click and drag, you will only select things, it doesn't move."

Under the part of telling them how to paste an item, you have a tip "Tip: To perfectly align tiles, use the arrow keys to nudge it one pixel. Holt shift while nudging to move in larger increments." -- I think you want it to say "Hold shift" instead of "Holt" :-)

The last sentence just above the "What you need to know about Entities and TilePics" heading is this - "(we'll edit this saved game more, not the real data!)" -- You may want to capitalize "We'll"

under the tilepics and entities bullet points a sentence or two down is "(Ctrl-E works too, or choose Modify Selected->Edit Properties from the Tile Edit Floating Palette." -- Note you didn't end the closing parenthesis.

Down a ways beside the screen grab showing the tile/entity property sheed you have this - "In this case, the two pieces of data tell the system which image to use. (you would never manually set that)" -- You might want to include the text and parentheses before the period.

beside the same picture even further down - "The scale is a pretty weird number from us changing it, you can set it to "1 1" to remove all scaling." Make that into two sentences as they're two differen tideas. "The scale is a pretty weird number because we changed it. You can set it to "1 1" to remove all scaling."

There's kind of a big space and then another sentence saying "There are no limits..." and then below that is a tip "Tip:When you click OK, all entities on the active screen are reinitialized, so you see the changes right away. Be aware you should restart to fully update all maps though." -- however you didn't highlight this in yellow like you did the other "Tips".

Under the heading "Barrel Punching: The Sport" you have some text then an image of the Layer Control dialog. Then a sentence, then two sentences, the last sentence in that two sentence paragraph says "Double click a later in the right panel to see its properties." -- I think you want it to say "layer" instead of "later". (This is right next to the sentence with Parallax Scrolling in bold)

Under the closeup of the tile entity properties and the broken barrel (with a duck in the lower edge of it) is this line -- "You'll see a custom data called "broken" with a blank value." -- should be "You'll see a custom data field called "broken with a blank value." -- or just "custom field" or just "see custom data"

Down a ways under the screenshot of the system pallete you have this line -- "It's a collection miscellaneous tools, we'll get into how they work later." -- You probably should use an "and" conjunction. "It's a collection of miscellaneous tools and we'll get into how they work later."

continued on page 2 --

Keith