Results 1 to 20 of 43

Thread: Who needs help for his french lessons ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Super Moderator Solsagann's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,512

    Default Who needs help for his french lessons ?

    Hey !
    As most of you already know, I'm french. Which means that english isn't my mothertongue but thanks to years on the internet I'm quite okay with that.
    I've seen that a lot of you are learning french at school and find it hard, because there are a lot of weird grammar rules or strange words.
    So I'll be more than happy to help you understand what you find hard, and actually I'm curious to see how you learn french

  2. #2
    Lesser Wizard beagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    I have no idea :/
    Posts
    353

    Default

    This is awesome, I'm bumping this because someone out there definitely could use this help! You are awesome for offering help too(:

    Signature by me
    I draw signatures for WLs, private /msg me

  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer l0l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Russia, Saint-Petersburg
    Posts
    2,379

    Default

    Oh man. I think you are going to save me... Is it paid or something?
    Click on my signature to see what happens

  4. #4
    Super Moderator Solsagann's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by l0l View Post
    Oh man. I think you are going to save me... Is it paid or something?
    Nah, don't worry, of course it's completly free. I'm just willing to help those having a hard time with my language

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer Mark Chong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Solsagann View Post
    Nah, don't worry, of course it's completly free. I'm just willing to help those having a hard time with my language
    Contributing to society to pay off ur malpractice debt, kk
    Anymore the Olde moon, I am not~Moonda

    Gimme a damn:

  6. #6
    Super Moderator Solsagann's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Chong View Post
    Contributing to society to pay off ur malpractice debt, kk
    shh dun tell anyone


    Also SOLSABUMP!

  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer teambacftw16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Solsagann View Post
    Hey !
    As most of you already know, I'm french. Which means that english isn't my mothertongue but thanks to years on the internet I'm quite okay with that.
    I've seen that a lot of you are learning french at school and find it hard, because there are a lot of weird grammar rules or strange words.
    So I'll be more than happy to help you understand what you find hard, and actually I'm curious to see how you learn french
    Vous parlez french? Moi aussi! Im aussi le français moi

    Translation You speak french? Me too! Im also french myself


    Awesome art made by CooLoRenzo.



    Full House (In the hood addition)


  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer teambacftw16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    544

    Default

    Bosse bosse


    Awesome art made by CooLoRenzo.



    Full House (In the hood addition)


  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer teambacftw16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    544

    Default

    Jeez dude no one wants lessons huh? Sad oh well at least i know french.


    Awesome art made by CooLoRenzo.



    Full House (In the hood addition)


  10. #10
    Master Sorcerer Aquarml's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,462

    Default

    I necently spent 3 weeks in New Caledonia with my mums family and I have to admit.... It's tough not knowing french. I knew the basics, hello, thankyou, bye and please, which took me a while (just thought of a silver plate) and i think I have uno in the bag.

    Now that I'm back home, I am supposed to learn french. I haven't really worked out what resources to use, so if you have any advice for me Il'd be more than thankful.

    I think the most difficult parts of learning french is how there are masculent and feminine words, scentence structure and how each letter is pronounced differently. (You probably had the exact same problem with english)

    P.s I love how you say wi-fi. It sounds like wee-fee, which can be used when describing a bad smell.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by teambacftw16 View Post
    Vous parlez french? Moi aussi! Im aussi le français moi

    Translation You speak french? Me too! Im also french myself
    I got so confused because I kept thinking you were saying aussie... Force of habit I guess.
    'Respect my Authoritah!'



  11. #11
    Super Moderator Solsagann's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquarml View Post
    I necently spent 3 weeks in New Caledonia with my mums family and I have to admit.... It's tough not knowing french. I knew the basics, hello, thankyou, bye and please, which took me a while (just thought of a silver plate) and i think I have uno in the bag.

    Now that I'm back home, I am supposed to learn french. I haven't really worked out what resources to use, so if you have any advice for me Il'd be more than thankful.

    I think the most difficult parts of learning french is how there are masculent and feminine words, scentence structure and how each letter is pronounced differently. (You probably had the exact same problem with english)

    P.s I love how you say wi-fi. It sounds like wee-fee, which can be used when describing a bad smell.
    First of all, if you only know the basic worlds in french I'd suggest a website called Babbel. You'll learn the main vocabulary, structure, the different masculent and feminine worlds, etc. It's a very useful place since you can actually hear example to be used to the way we talk.
    If you're feeling confident enough, you should also check a french newspaper called Le Monde, it could be a bit difficult considering your level but you will be able to learn a lot of advanced vocabulary. A cool thing to do is link two different articles dealing with the same subject, so even if you wont understand everything the french one say, you'll get most of the thing and guess by yourself. One key to learn a language quite fast is to watch a foreign tv channel, and/or watch your favorite serie or cartoon in french, I watch all my series in english. You'll obviously start with english subtitles, but it's an awesome way to get used to the french way of speaking and to learn a large panel of basic sentences.

    To give you an example, 4 or 5 years ago I was a nub in english. I knew a few words but a lot of vocabulary was missing. And thanks to year on the internet, dozens of series and various books, I'm able to speak fluently in english, and it's great ! It can be difficult at the beggining, but once you get the basics it's a piece of cake

    ps : Yeah, we use a lot of english worlds with a bad accent. It's always funny to hear english people say "rendez-vous'' or "cliché" hehe

Similar Threads

  1. Lessons; By: Me
    By demonkid in forum Tanked
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-14-2013, 11:22 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •