Thread: Any ETA on new tutorials?

Lesser Wizard

Default Any ETA on new tutorials?

No rush, just wondering if there will be updated existing and new tutorials any time soon?

Yes - I'm making good progress on the scripting docs, hoping to finish them this week.

After that, the tutorials are the next target.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

sweet.....

the new doc's are coming along nicely. great work and i love the step by step approach. i can't wait to see some of the stuff people are coming up with.

from what i can see, you can make a game from any perspective as long as the art and the collision setups support it?

torque must me dragging tail, because you are just one guy and you nearly have this engine up to competing with torque game builder easily.

do you plan to implement the particle engine i saw in the clan library forum?

Lesser Wizard

Do you mean this one?
    http://www.galaxist.net/linearparticle.html

I could really really use that type of thing for the RPG I'm working on... Spell effects, etc.

BTW the links url for clanlib is 404.

http://www.clanlib.org/links.html

yep, that's the one whisper...

it would be awesome included in novashell.

'spell of ghastly flatulence' anyone...

would it be difficult to make it cross platform for all three nova builds? i'm so slow when it comes to the technical stuff, artists disease.

from what i can see, you can make a game from any perspective as long as the art and the collision setups support it?
    Hi, yes that's pretty much it. The engine tries to assume as little as possible, for instance, the 2d side view world and 2/3rds eye view RPG test are actually very similar, just one has no gravity and path-finding would have a lot of problems on the tree one.

do you plan to implement the particle engine i saw in the clan library forum?
    would it be difficult to make it cross platform for all three nova builds? i'm so slow when it comes to the technical stuff, artists disease.
    After I "catch up" with what is already there and the bugs are worked out, yep I will be taking a close look at that particle system, would love to get that in.

It will work on all three platforms for sure.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies