Thread: Mac observations

Squire

Default Mac observations

So I've been looking at novashell on a mac for just a little bit and I thought I would ask about some things that look like bugs.

- Scaling entities doesn't seem to work using [ and ]. I can double click and enter in values manually, but I cannot use the keys.

- When you choose continue for a game when there is no saved game it brings up the console. When you press ` to close the console, as recommended at the top of the screen, the menu no longer recognizes mouse clicks.

Hmm, the "continue" problem happens under windows too. The [ ] problem is probably a keybinding error, will fix.

Thanks.

PS: Nice handle, by some strange coincidence I (badly) drew a zombie jesus last week.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Squire

Mmmh Brains... Sacriliscious. *drool*

Squire

Just thought I'd also report that I've found that the delete key won't work on the mac either, but ctrl-x works, so it's not a big deal.

Also novashell crashed on me while doing the dragon tutorial after adding the pahtfinding nodes, but I restarted and it ran fine so it was probably my fault.

Also, novashell is very cool, I can't wait to learn more about it!

Thanks, will fix.

And novashell shouldn't crash, ever - so if you can figure out how to do it on command please let me know!
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Squire

Ok, I've got a pretty reproduceable crash for you.

It seems that if you play the attached level long enough, it inevitably crashes. I think that I've been following the tutorials pretty exactly (this is completed up to tutorial six), but maybe I did something wrong?

Also, I noticed that whenever I look at an entity's properties and click edit to change its script, the console tells me that there was an error, saying, "Unable to open worlds/DragonEggs/script/whatever_script.lua. Invalid path maybe?" and then proceeds to open the right file and I can edit it and it works. So that's not really a problem, just weird.

So that's my report for today, ZombieJesus out!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks, that was a huge help and I was able to locate the bug, it only occured on the Mac, a GCC compiler math thing.

A new build is available now with the fix, also the delete key works now.

Also, your egg collision shape is a bit off - When converting to an entity sometimes it gets messed up and you have to retouch it.. hmm.. I better go fix that.

PS: I didn't get the "Unable to open" message to occur on my intel macmini.. it may have something to do with how your editor assigned itself to edit .lua files.. also, what text editor are you using? I saw some weird linefeed symbol things in your lua files, didn't seem to cause any problems though.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Squire

I'm glad to be able to help.

I'm using TextEdit (been meaning to get a real text editor for programming but...). And come to think of it I also see weird linefeed things when I open my textedit files in vim. I never figured out what they were though.

I'll mess around with stuff some more and see if I can figure out what's causing it.

Thanks for the fixes.

Serf

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieJesus View Post
    I'm using TextEdit (been meaning to get a real text editor for programming but...). And come to think of it I also see weird linefeed things when I open my textedit files in vim. I never figured out what they were though.
    You might try TextWrangler, it is free and very simple to use (although no Lua syntax colouring out of the box).