Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: I need some Chemistry Support...[Off Topic]

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer mowgli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United states of America - Orlando
    Posts
    745

    Default I need some Chemistry Support...[Off Topic]

    At a certain temerature, the gas difluorethyn is (C2F2) in (equilibrium/balance(I dont know how its called in english so i wrote both names)) with the gas hexafluorbenzeen (C6F6)

    a) write the balanced (equilibrium) equation

    b) give the equilibrium condition


    Im not sure, but I have a certain feeling that equilibrium is the wrong term...for balanced in chemistry....

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer TheDoctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    in my moms basement
    Posts
    1,142

    Default

    You should have posted this in RTSoft Tavern
    calm down sweaty it's a prank

  3. #3
    Lesser Wizard Schultz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mowgli View Post
    At a certain temerature, the gas difluorethyn is (C2F2) in (equilibrium/balance(I dont know how its called in english so i wrote both names)) with the gas hexafluorbenzeen (C6F6)

    a) write the balanced (equilibrium) equation

    b) give the equilibrium condition


    Im not sure, but I have a certain feeling that equilibrium is the wrong term...for balanced in chemistry....
    Knowledge has no place here. Please take your fancy pants Gas else where.

  4. #4
    Master Sorcerer LordTaco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    In a Tamagochi
    Posts
    1,286

    Default

    Shush, I'm Not really good at chemistry.

    �CoolDrew

    Part Of The Growtopia Wiki Team!


    Click This! --> INightmareI's Guide!






    Platinum III in League of Legends

    Currently Being Kizaru.

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer juniorful1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mowgli View Post
    At a certain temerature, the gas difluorethyn is (C2F2) in (equilibrium/balance(I dont know how its called in english so i wrote both names)) with the gas hexafluorbenzeen (C6F6)

    a) write the balanced (equilibrium) equation

    b) give the equilibrium condition


    Im not sure, but I have a certain feeling that equilibrium is the wrong term...for balanced in chemistry....
    I know both answers.
    A) OVER 9000+C%KNOBS=PARTY
    B) Hipster8=D_CKerSon-7(69)
    Hope this helped, but next time post this thread on the rtsoft forums or ask your TEACHER.
    Worlds I Own:
    100th (My Adventure Map)
    Slandrovault (My Shop)
    Juniorful100 (My Farm)
    Trollmole (My Parkour)

    >_< I'm The Supporter And Have The Recycler >_<


    Wow! Look I Just Found Out How To Get Free Ca$h Here

    Find Out Why I'm Quitting In This
    Thread Here

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    511

    Default

    I think he gets the point that it doesn't belong here. Also the second compound is spelled hexafluorobenzene
    Join the one line signature group... People with the gigantic signatures will be terminated!

  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer DevinS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4,348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juniorful1000 View Post
    I know both answers.
    A) OVER 9000+C%KNOBS=PARTY
    B) Hipster8=D_CKerSon-7(69)
    Hope this helped, but next time post this thread on the rtsoft forums or ask your TEACHER.
    You missed something in A!
    Its OVER9000+CO²%KNOOBS=PARTY

    You must be better at Chemistry! Your Test was a big Failure. You have an D- !
    xD
    IGN: Devinidiot
    Growtopia Level: 29

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer Paws's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Canada. Maybe.
    Posts
    785

    Default

    We are not doing your HOMEWORK FOR YOU!
    You guys, don't you want this giant cookie?



    Also, you gotta click on my dragons:

    (by the way, I used to have 2 other dragons but they got sick and died because you guys clicked it so much. Thank you?)

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mowgli View Post
    At a certain temerature, the gas difluorethyn is (C2F2) in (equilibrium/balance(I dont know how its called in english so i wrote both names)) with the gas hexafluorbenzeen (C6F6)

    a) write the balanced (equilibrium) equation

    b) give the equilibrium condition


    Im not sure, but I have a certain feeling that equilibrium is the wrong term...for balanced in chemistry....
    Unbalanced equations have reactants on one side and products on the other. For example;

    Reactant 1 + Reactant 2 = [Products]

    **

    Lets try a real example.

    Magnesium + Oxygen -------> Magnesium Oxide

    (or otherwise known as...)

    Mg + O2 -------> MgO

    The reactants in the equation above are Oxygen and Magnesium. (When you mix them, they react create something). The substance they created after the reaction was Magnesium Oxide.

    There is now only 1 problem. Where did the Oxygen atom go?

    Mg + O2 -------> MgO

    We have lost an Oxygen atom.

    IMPORTANT: DURING CHEMICAL REACTIONS ATOMS ARE JUMBLED UP. THEY ARE NEVER LOST.

    To fix this, simply put a 2 in front of the product. We do this because the equation needs to have the same amount of atoms on both sides.

    UNBALANCED = Mg + O2 -------> MgO

    ALMOST BALANCED = Mg + O2 ---------> 2MgO

    There is still a problem with the equation above. You see now we have 2 Magnesium on the product side but only 1 on the reactant side. To fix this, add 2 on the reactant side. We too this because WE NEED THE SAME AMOUT OF ATOMS ON BOTH SIDES!

    BALANCED EQUATON = 2Mg + O2 ------------> 2MgO

    If it is still to hard to understand break it down.

    BALANCED EQUATON = 2Mg + O2 ------------> 2MgO

    Is simply saying that we have

    2 Magnesium reacting with 2 Oxygen to get 2 Magnesium and 2 Oxygen.

    REMEMBER: A number in front of an atom means that all the atoms behind it are of that quantity

    2HO means 2(Hydrogen + Oxygen) or 2 Hyrdogen and 2 Oxygen.

    However, a small number after an atom means only that atom is of that quanity.

    H2O means 2(Hydrogen) * Oxygen or 2 Hydrogen and 1 Oxygen.


    In summary:

    During a chemical reaction, atoms are never LOST, they are only moved around.

    If there is a large number in front of atoms, it means all the elements behind it are that number.
    If there is a small number behind an atom/element, it means that only that element is that number.

    Lets put this information in an example using water.

    UNBALANCED EQUATION = H2 + O2 ------> H2O

    We are missing a Oxygen atom on the products side.

    ALMOST BALANCED EQUATION = H2 + O2 ------> 2H2O

    But now we have double the Hydrogen on the products side.

    BALANCED = 2H2 + O2 ------> 2H2O

    ***

    Thats how you get a balanced equation (question a), just apply it to your specific question, because I'm not doing it for you.
    Common Bugs: http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthr...highlight=bugs
    Tips and Tricks: http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthr...dvanced+player

    Believe you can and you're halfway there. - Theodore Roosevelt

  10. #10
    Master Sorcerer XD3FORM3DMAGMAX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    New Jersey, not New Joisy
    Posts
    565

    Default Ill give you one hint...

    *Hint*

    GOOGLE!!!
    Thank you CoolDrew for this siggy!

    The username above is no longer my username, it's Scythox. My only world at the moment is SCYTHOX, my farm.

    #MakeGrowtopiaGreatAgain

  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer RedwoodGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    BVB Heaven
    Posts
    1,166

    Default

    Guys dont be mean... He was having trouble. Ya cant just help him? Btw sorry bro, I suck at chemistry.




    IGN: RedwoodGirl

  12. #12
    Lesser Wizard Raphael Lim's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Growtopia and 39 Yanga,Maysilo Malabon,Quezon City,PH
    Posts
    155

    Default I broke my brain

    Quote Originally Posted by tony26 View Post
    Unbalanced equations have reactants on one side and products on the other. For example;

    Reactant 1 + Reactant 2 = [Products]

    **

    Lets try a real example.

    Magnesium + Oxygen -------> Magnesium Oxide

    (or otherwise known as...)

    Mg + O2 -------> MgO

    The reactants in the equation above are Oxygen and Magnesium. (When you mix them, they react create something). The substance they created after the reaction was Magnesium Oxide.

    There is now only 1 problem. Where did the Oxygen atom go?

    Mg + O2 -------> MgO

    We have lost an Oxygen atom.

    IMPORTANT: DURING CHEMICAL REACTIONS ATOMS ARE JUMBLED UP. THEY ARE NEVER LOST.

    To fix this, simply put a 2 in front of the product. We do this because the equation needs to have the same amount of atoms on both sides.

    UNBALANCED = Mg + O2 -------> MgO

    ALMOST BALANCED = Mg + O2 ---------> 2MgO

    There is still a problem with the equation above. You see now we have 2 Magnesium on the product side but only 1 on the reactant side. To fix this, add 2 on the reactant side. We too this because WE NEED THE SAME AMOUT OF ATOMS ON BOTH SIDES!

    BALANCED EQUATON = 2Mg + O2 ------------> 2MgO

    If it is still to hard to understand break it down.

    BALANCED EQUATON = 2Mg + O2 ------------> 2MgO

    Is simply saying that we have

    2 Magnesium reacting with 2 Oxygen to get 2 Magnesium and 2 Oxygen.

    REMEMBER: A number in front of an atom means that all the atoms behind it are of that quantity

    2HO means 2(Hydrogen + Oxygen) or 2 Hyrdogen and 2 Oxygen.

    However, a small number after an atom means only that atom is of that quanity.

    H2O means 2(Hydrogen) * Oxygen or 2 Hydrogen and 1 Oxygen.


    In summary:

    During a chemical reaction, atoms are never LOST, they are only moved around.

    If there is a large number in front of atoms, it means all the elements behind it are that number.
    If there is a small number behind an atom/element, it means that only that element is that number.

    Lets put this information in an example using water.

    UNBALANCED EQUATION = H2 + O2 ------> H2O

    We are missing a Oxygen atom on the products side.

    ALMOST BALANCED EQUATION = H2 + O2 ------> 2H2O

    But now we have double the Hydrogen on the products side.

    BALANCED = 2H2 + O2 ------> 2H2O

    ***

    Thats how you get a balanced equation (question a), just apply it to your specific question, because I'm not doing it for you.
    I broke my brain trying to figure this out.

    And the zombies in Growtopia ate my spares.


    FrayX3 here!

    Come to FRAYSHOUSE!

    Come
    for the randomness

    Stay
    for
    the awesome

    10

    9

    8

    7

    6

    5

    4

    3

    2

    1

    pie overload

    PS: I'm CreamXP in Tanked.

    Long Live Paws.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aerion
    I love Growtopia and pie
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuji Sakamoto
    I WILL NEVER MARRY SHOKO!NEVER!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouta Tschuciya
    *insert super nosebleed here*

  13. #13
    Master Sorcerer I-Am-Legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    'Murica!
    Posts
    1,397

    Default

    The only thing I know abour chemistry is H2O is water...
    What comes around, goes around. What comes around, goes around. What comes around, goes around.

    My Growtopian username is DiamondX

    Check out my Guides!
    http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthr...ide-to-Trading
    http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthr...t=golden+ratio
    http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthr...112-Tank-Guide
    http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthr...Profit-Quickly

Similar Threads

  1. Birthday Topic
    By Rush in forum RTsoft Tavern
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-30-2013, 07:23 PM
  2. Please keep in mind that this is a SERIOUS sub-topic!
    By Crimson Eagle in forum Meet & Greet
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-27-2013, 04:59 AM
  3. some suggestions on items topic
    By soccerfu in forum Tanked
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-14-2011, 11:13 PM
  4. Need some help with UTF-8 support
    By xcc3721 in forum Official ClanLib SDK Forums
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-17-2011, 07:05 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •