Hi all!

First of all, I am using Ubuntu 6.10 and ClanLib 0.8. When I was playing around with it I noticed that in some resolutions when the application goes fullscreen the Ubuntu's 'taskbars' were still showing, and that the application was actually still in some sort of a windowed more because I could see the top of the window with the caption and the buttons on it.

Strangely, this happened only in certain resolutions. The fullscreen mode worked as expected in the 640x480 and 800x600 resolutions, but when I created a window in 1024x768 or 1280x800 the fullscreen mode did not work properly. This probably has something to do with Ubuntu or my graphics card (I am using a laptop with Intel 845G i think).

So I went through the GLX window creation code and managed to fix my problem. In the file display_window_opengl.cpp on the line 251 I have changed:

Code:
attributes.override_redirect = False;
to
Code:
if (desc.is_fullscreen()) attributes.override_redirect = True; 
else attributes.override_redirect = False;
This fixed my problem but now the keyboard input didn't work. So I needed to add the following on the line 304 (before "keyboard = CL_InputDevice(new CL_InputDevice_X11Keyboard(this));" )

Code:
if (desc.is_fullscreen()) XGrabKeyboard(disp, window, True, GrabModeAsync,GrabModeAsync, CurrentTime);
Now the fullscreen covers the entire screen, and both the keyboard and the mouse work. I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but these changes fixed it for me. Hopefully I didn't create any problems elsewhere.

Cheers.

Rados