Thread: Classes + CL_Font_System

Peasant

Default Classes + CL_Font_System

Heya.

I have been playing around with the code from the external tutorials. Everything works smoothly. Now im trying to figure out how to use the CL_Font_System. Is there a way to set the font system somehow global so i can draw text to screen from any of my classes?

Or do i need to init the font system in the start of my main loop and use somekind of pointers to just be able to use system_font.draw_text(gc, 100, 100, "Hello World!"); from inside my classes?

Sorry for the stupid question if it is my inferior cpp knowledge, its something like seven years since i coded something with cpp.

ClanLib Developer

The easiest way is a global pointer, that points to the fonts that you created before the main loop.

I prefer to create a "GameContext" class that contains global variables, and I pass it around. It contains a copy of CL_GraphicContext, CL_Sprites, CL_Images, a pointer to the main "world" class).

There are other ways. Depending if you are coding for yourself or other programmers

Peasant

Uh, just found one example from clanlib package that helped me with the answer i was looking for. Hooray.
    Last edited by aNSA; 05-26-2013 at 08:37 PM.