Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone out there is a good programmer or a player animator?

Post Anyone out there is a good programmer or a player animator?

February first, 2017 edit - Canceled.
    Last edited by Serp; 02-01-2017 at 02:37 PM.

IGN: Serpgamer

They are allowed in the forum, even if you plan one similar to Growtopia - Hamumu said inspiration from the game is fine as long as you code it yourself. (linking Growtopia would be nice, though )

There is actually a whole sub-forum dedicated to this sort of thing: Game development!

Good luck with your journey and the growth of your future game!

The problem with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism.

Master Sorcerer

I suggest you to look after programmers and artist somewhere else. While this is nice place to discuss things about games, it's very hard to find someone who would actually accept job without payment. You should search for programmers forums and ask people there, but I can't promise that you will find anything good as no one really want to spend lots of time on your project for free. You could find artists who are willing to work for free easier, but I doubt that the quality of art would be that good... Making games isn't just buying required programs (actually you can make a game with only a text input program! Everything is knowledge).
    Come back and play in real life, not in a deep coffin that programmers are making even deeper for you and everyone around you.

Sweden: The land of vikings and meetballs.

Tell me about the game and we can desucuss. I have never done it before but I can always start now. If it would be like growtopia I'd be gladly to make it. I can also do it for free.
    IGN-NOBEL21. #airtemplars

Quote Originally Posted by CandleJack View Post
    You know you're playing too much GT when you're in a fight and called your opponent "Noob!".
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamumu View Post
    I don't know what you think a "wing" is, but a bunch of fire surrounding you is not it. Wings are things that go flap flap flap. You see them on birds quite commonly, sometimes as many as 2 per bird!
    Follow my growtopia insta, it's called nobelgt. Make sure to follow me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bowe View Post
    They are allowed in the forum, even if you plan one similar to Growtopia - Hamumu said inspiration from the game is fine as long as you code it yourself. (linking Growtopia would be nice, though )

There is actually a whole sub-forum dedicated to this sort of thing: Game development!

Good luck with your journey and the growth of your future game!
    Thanks a lot for all those info's! Greatly appreciated !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syberg View Post
    I suggest you to look after programmers and artist somewhere else. While this is nice place to discuss things about games, it's very hard to find someone who would actually accept job without payment. You should search for programmers forums and ask people there, but I can't promise that you will find anything good as no one really want to spend lots of time on your project for free. You could find artists who are willing to work for free easier, but I doubt that the quality of art would be that good... Making games isn't just buying required programs (actually you can make a game with only a text input program! Everything is knowledge).
    Thanks a lot for those suggestions! Totally appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Serp View Post
    Thanks a lot for all those info's! Greatly appreciated !

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks a lot for those suggestions! Totally appreciated!
    Well, right now I'm off to write an email to you. Anyways, Ill be glad to look closely into it, since I have a butt load of free time to self-evaluate and do stuff. I would say im more of an artwork guy rather than programming, but I could try to do both.
    Click on my signature to see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by NOBEL21 View Post
    Tell me about the game and we can desucuss. I have never done it before but I can always start now. If it would be like growtopia I'd be gladly to make it. I can also do it for free.
    It's not really growtopia related, but similarities would be the sandbox style and pixel art. Can you tell me specifically what you can do please?

Master Sorcerer

I can do a soundtrack for it! I only need to know what kinda game it will be. (So the soundtrack could fit)
    Quote Originally Posted by BLYoshi View Post
    How to know you're mini modding:

If your posts are useless, but look like they're trying to help others. And if you use giant font so it takes a minute to scroll past your useless post because your font is so huge.

If you like my posts, give me a damn!

Problems ingame? PM to support@growtopiagame.com

Getting "Master Sorcerer" Or like 1k posts shouldnt be a goal, cause it has no worth if you post just to get them. -BlackPickaxe

Banned

How big would the characters be? About the size of a Growtopian character? Or like a Mario World character? lol

protip; hire PannyFlan. she is an mlg pixel artizt_xX. also ask Chudy whether he does pixel art

I can do character animaiton.. if I'm bored.

i'm parpul =

Sweden: The land of vikings and meetballs.

It's not really growtopia related, but similarities would be the sandbox style and pixel art. Can you tell me specifically what you can do please?
    I don't wanna brag about it but I'm very good at maths. So I can program the game like seth.

- - - Updated - - -

Also pm me your email so we can discuss about it.
    IGN-NOBEL21. #airtemplars

Quote Originally Posted by CandleJack View Post
    You know you're playing too much GT when you're in a fight and called your opponent "Noob!".
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamumu View Post
    I don't know what you think a "wing" is, but a bunch of fire surrounding you is not it. Wings are things that go flap flap flap. You see them on birds quite commonly, sometimes as many as 2 per bird!
    Follow my growtopia insta, it's called nobelgt. Make sure to follow me.

Cursed

Oo gamemaker. Ill help a little bit for free as long as you're not using drag and drop.

Banned

I can do artwork programming but that's about it. The only problem is that I NEVER have free time because of sports and stuff.

iShadowAngel does the best pixel art.

I also may be able to help with the programming. And it is for free, I need experience. I might be able to do the basics, not the whole thing that involves calculus.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPickaxe View Post
    I can do a soundtrack for it! I only need to know what kinda game it will be. (So the soundtrack could fit)
    Sound tracks and effects! That's what I forgot to add!If you could please send me a private message with your email, so I'll discuss more!
    (Note:The game is a sandbox there, adventurous, I'd say! The type of music we are looking for is something that could "fit" adventures I'd say, we still haven't gone through it yet!)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 26FtW26 View Post
    How big would the characters be? About the size of a Growtopian character? Or like a Mario World character? lol

protip; hire PannyFlan. she is an mlg pixel artizt_xX. also ask Chudy whether he does pixel art
    The one we doing is not that big! It's about 20x20 pixels. Seems too small but actually it's not! Thanks for the tips too !

- - - Updated - - -

I don't wanna brag about it but I'm very good at maths. So I can program the game like seth.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks alot! The email is on the post itself, anyways, it is SerpGamer@hotmail.com

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brennanber View Post
    Oo gamemaker. Ill help a little bit for free as long as you're not using drag and drop.
    Sorry but I don't really what do you specifically mean by "Drag and Drop"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brys View Post
    I can do artwork programming but that's about it. The only problem is that I NEVER have free time because of sports and stuff.
    May I know
    what programming do you do ? Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magicalfishy View Post
    iShadowAngel does the best pixel art.
    Thanks for the advice .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tohru View Post
    I also may be able to help with the programming. And it is for free, I need experience. I might be able to do the basics, not the whole thing that involves calculus.
    That's great ! Please email some info you may give to Serpgamer@hotmail.com so we get started!

Hey.

This project sounds super cool, glad to see some ambitious guys. I work on Blender, SFM, etc for a while already, and while I don't think it would helpful for a sandbox game, feel free to ask; I'd more than happy to help and see this project grow. I also love writing stories, lore and creating monsters, I'm quite a creative person so I can help with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry to burst your bubble but as far as I know Programming and Maths are not the same thing... programming requires to type lines of codes while maths is all about ... well counting and such
    Current goals:

Problem? Need help? Email support@growtopiagame.com
    #WATERTEMPLAR

I can code, and do other things. Just send me a message on forums, and we'll start stuff from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Munster View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble but as far as I know Programming and Maths are not the same thing... programming requires to type lines of codes while maths is all about ... well counting and such
    Maths can help a lot on games, as you see the numbers! (PS: I looked behing me tbh)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Solsagann View Post
    Hey.

This project sounds super cool, glad to see some ambitious guys. I work on Blender, SFM, etc for a while already, and while I don't think it would helpful for a sandbox game, feel free to ask; I'd more than happy to help and see this project grow. I also love writing stories, lore and creating monsters, I'm quite a creative person so I can help with that.
    I'm not sure if you can help, but the only possible way to do so is maybe making amazing 3D pixel art snapshots, such as this, I'd say.

Quest writing and a brain stormer, that's great Send me forum message!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Focusie View Post
    I can code, and do other things. Just send me a message on forums, and we'll start stuff from there.
    Incredible