Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: ._.

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer GummiBear64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Australia, mate.
    Posts
    10,694

    Default ._.

    'Tis one of my regular rants. You've been warned.

    Ok, so my Nan has come over. She's monopolised the TV non-stop, like seriously, if I wanted to watch Nikita I'd have to use an atrocious laptop, sound quality and everything was terrible. She wasn't even lenient on "bed times." I got sent to bed at 10 on a weekday and 10:30 on a weekend.
    If I had like a minute left on a show, she would not allow me to finish it. She would scold me for staying up past my bed time AND she'd treat my younger sister like an angel.
    My eldest sister has her own room with a TV at the other end of the house so of a weekend, I'd sleep in there and watch shows, door fully shut. My nan would barge in and demand I turn it off at 10:30 even though it was hurting no one.

    When my mother got back, she was even worse. Now every time I say something, according to my mother, I have "an attitude" when I'm just talking regularly. I've come to the conclusion that my mother and nan just need to give me some space and allow me to have some "me" time. I actually need them to get off my back and stop being so precise about my "bed time."
    They need to be more lenient and allowing.
    I'm actually sick of it.
    Last edited by GummiBear64; 05-01-2015 at 10:43 PM.
    CRACK OPEN A COLD ONE WITH YA BOY, MIKE HOMMEL!

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer GummiBear64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Australia, mate.
    Posts
    10,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toukiedatak View Post
    Dude, you dont just go in someones room just to do something you like, she can have privacy as well you know?

    I'm on your sister/parents side.
    I had permission from her. She was staying at her boyfriends house.
    She's chill with it.
    My mother never cared anyway, until Nan came.
    Last edited by GummiBear64; 05-01-2015 at 11:01 PM.
    CRACK OPEN A COLD ONE WITH YA BOY, MIKE HOMMEL!

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    5,593

    Default

    I trust nobody fully. Not even family.
    But then again, according to "what's morally right," you have to respect elders. Ha, I've never respected an elder more than anyone else. Mostly because my granny is the definition of swag, but that's out of the point.

    I've made it clear to my family that even though I am quite young, I know what's good for me and that I know my limits. There are too many parents who think overly worrying about their child is a good thing. Psh, I feel bad for those children.

  4. #4
    Master Sorcerer GummiBear64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Australia, mate.
    Posts
    10,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 26FtW26 View Post
    I trust nobody fully. Not even family.
    But then again, according to "what's morally right," you have to respect elders. Ha, I've never respected an elder more than anyone else. Mostly because my granny is the definition of swag, but that's out of the point.

    I've made it clear to my family that even though I am quite young, I know what's good for me and that I know my limits. There are too many parents who think overly worrying about their child is a good thing. Psh, I feel bad for those children.
    If I were to express my thoughts on a social network such as Facebook or even directly to them, the consequences would be severe. "Whatever they say goes and no one else gets a say in it."
    CRACK OPEN A COLD ONE WITH YA BOY, MIKE HOMMEL!

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    5,593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GummiBear64 View Post
    If I were to express my thoughts on a social network such as Facebook or even directly to them, the consequences would be severe. "Whatever they say goes and no one else gets a say in it."
    Haha, I expected that.
    If you can't do it nicely, why even bother to care about what they say? They obviously don't have a good argument... I don't see whats the problem.

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer Cocomonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,469

    Default

    Man, what a pain in the butt. You should tell them exactly what you said in this thread. Maybe they'd understnad.

    -By SnowKuro


    ^ Click on me. ^

  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer GummiBear64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Australia, mate.
    Posts
    10,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 26FtW26 View Post
    Haha, I expected that.
    If you can't do it nicely, why even bother to care about what they say? They obviously don't have a good argument... I don't see whats the problem.
    I always win arguments against them but then they always become sore losers and pull out the "you're grounded" card just because I outsmarted them. No matter what I do, I have to do as they say or I'll be grounded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocomonkey View Post
    Man, what a pain in the butt. You should tell them exactly what you said in this thread. Maybe they'd understand.
    I doubt it.
    CRACK OPEN A COLD ONE WITH YA BOY, MIKE HOMMEL!

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    ▐█ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█▐█ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█▐
    Posts
    4,663

    Default

    I know that feeling. Every time i try to play with my little brother when he's depressed and i just want to help, my dad just yells at me that i should stop bullying him. Even when my little bro is laughing with me .-.

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer GummiBear64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Australia, mate.
    Posts
    10,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParkourDevil View Post
    I know that feeling. Every time i try to play with my little brother when he's depressed and i just want to help, my dad just yells at me that i should stop bullying him. Even when my little bro is laughing with me .-.
    Erm, ok...
    CRACK OPEN A COLD ONE WITH YA BOY, MIKE HOMMEL!

  10. #10
    Master Sorcerer Hacktivate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    The best thing to do is to do something best.

  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer GummiBear64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Australia, mate.
    Posts
    10,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh978 View Post
    Rip gummi

    First lost his xbox then his calmness
    I'm actual getting frustrated ;-;
    CRACK OPEN A COLD ONE WITH YA BOY, MIKE HOMMEL!

  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer Runo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    1,865

    Thumbs up

    Why don't you ask for a TV?
    Lel! Just giving opinions!

    The one and only "Dancing Nub" of the forums!







  13. #13
    Master Sorcerer GummiBear64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Australia, mate.
    Posts
    10,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Runo View Post
    Why don't you ask for a TV?
    Lel! Just giving opinions!
    Because she can't afford one.
    CRACK OPEN A COLD ONE WITH YA BOY, MIKE HOMMEL!

  14. #14
    Master Sorcerer Areodax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    In my house. It's nice.
    Posts
    8,475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 26FtW26 View Post
    I trust nobody fully. Not even family.
    But then again, according to "what's morally right," you have to respect elders. Ha, I've never respected an elder more than anyone else. Mostly because my granny is the definition of swag, but that's out of the point.

    I've made it clear to my family that even though I am quite young, I know what's good for me and that I know my limits. There are too many parents who think overly worrying about their child is a good thing. Psh, I feel bad for those children.
    I can conclude that your gran is awesome.

    Mine too, she's the one who gave me a "childhood". And by "childhood", I mean a pink Gameboy Advance SP. Why pink? It's manly.

    But to solve these kinds of problems, you have to speak it out loud. Keep rebutting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrikov
    You are already dead. This is hell.

  15. #15
    Master Sorcerer GummiBear64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Australia, mate.
    Posts
    10,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Areodax View Post
    I can conclude that your gran is awesome.

    Mine too, she's the one who gave me a "childhood". And by "childhood", I mean a pink Gameboy Advance SP. Why pink? It's manly.

    But to solve these kinds of problems, you have to speak it out loud. Keep rebutting.
    Whenever I do speak aloud, I always keep getting knocked back down, no one listens to me.
    CRACK OPEN A COLD ONE WITH YA BOY, MIKE HOMMEL!

  16. #16
    Master Sorcerer Areodax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    In my house. It's nice.
    Posts
    8,475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GummiBear64 View Post
    Whenever I do speak aloud, I always keep getting knocked back down, no one listens to me.
    Confidence is key my friend.

    Just breath in and out, and let it all out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrikov
    You are already dead. This is hell.

  17. #17
    Master Sorcerer Magicalfishy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Minnesota, USA.
    Posts
    6,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GummiBear64 View Post
    I had permission from her. She was staying at her boyfriend's house.
    GG sister. ._.


    Disgusting.



  18. #18
    Master Sorcerer GummiBear64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Australia, mate.
    Posts
    10,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magicalfishy View Post
    GG sister. ._.


    Disgusting.
    What's wrong with that?
    The sister I was referring to there is eighteen years of age.
    CRACK OPEN A COLD ONE WITH YA BOY, MIKE HOMMEL!

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Gotham
    Posts
    3,931

    Default

    Well Im in advanced classes and my mom sometimes I talk with an attitude, well it's probably something Im saying a certain way. Probs the same for you, just don't talk back, bite your tongue. Hell, If Im able to you should.

  20. #20
    Master Sorcerer Jack Bowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    England!
    Posts
    4,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magicalfishy View Post
    GG sister. ._.


    Disgusting.
    Err, what's the problem with being in a relationship with someone and then staying over at their place? I do it with my other half all the time. And I'm assuming you're meaning what goes on there is "disgusting" but that's a matter of opinion.

    Anyway, back to the thread, I've never had this issue, I've always been a mature child have thus had that independence of an adult all throughout my life, me and my mother are always debating, and I tell her the same way I'd tell anyone else and she listens, and if I win that's it, if she does that's it. Honestly, you just have to be assertive.

    Being a teenager sucks, you're at a stage where you want to both rebel, but conform at the same time.


    The problem with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •