Thread: Giving Other People Access To Locks [Guide]

Exclamation Giving Other People Access To Locks [Guide]

About
    In this thread I want to give pointers and tips one should use when considering a person for access in there world. This is very key because although we can expand our inventory to how much we want we must drop some items or plant a few seeds somewhere.A persons valuables usually end up in their world so in order to keep what you hold dear safe from thieves and griefers here is a simple guide to help you out.

Trustable:
    Before you access anyone you should make sure they are a trusted person. do extensive research on this person or look at your past experiences with this person.Some people will be easy to be spotted as a thief or griefers while others are extremely stealthy when it comes to these things. Make sure that when you do add them that there is no doubt in your mind that you can not trust them.WARNING:Not everyone you believe to be 100% trusted can be trusted so always be aware.

Sharing:
    When ever you give someone access that's exactly what they get. Access to all the blocks , seeds, and clothing in your world or area in which you have given them access. You share what they have access to with that person. They can take and place as the want so it is advised you set down some ground rules from the beginning so when things happen they will have no reason to be upset if you take their access or any other type of punishment you may give.

Lock What Is Off: Limits
    Sometimes it is in peoples nature to simply take what they can get. After all that's smart. So if you have something like a World of the Day Trophy lock it up with a small, big, or Huge Lock. This way you know for sure that that what you want left untouched by people will be left untouched.If its a simple storage or a highly valuable item if you want it left alone then lock it up.

The Limit:
    You should have a limit as to how many people you may add to a specific lock. this way there will be no confusion when something happens. The safest number of people you can have on a lock other then yourself is one person. That way when crap goes down you know who it is and you can quickly solve it by removing them. If you have multiple people on a lock that's when things get tricky. This is why it is key to make sure the people you add in the first place are people you can trust.

Smaller Lock Access:Sometimes you don't want to give world Access to a person but you may give Small lock access. it may be for VIP or for a Bulletin Board for only them to edit.Maybe a hotel room or a chill zone just for that user.Be careful about this because people still grief in Small Lock Access. You may not loose much but you may loose some trust.

Selling Access
    Do not sell Access unless you want to be possibly griefed. when giving access make sure you are giving them access because they have proven themselves worthy of access and they can truly be trusted. If you want to do payment for access make sure that it is a space in which they can add there own things such as a Hotel Room.When you sell access sometimes some people may look at the paying for acces as a simple price fo all the things in your world so its best to access people you know and trust.

The Giving Of The Access:
    This is it. Your about to give SkyThekid_811 access to your world. What do you do? Well here is how we get it done the professional way.You make sure that no one is near that person. Pull them into a small closed area and add them. Simple as that. The key is making sure no one is near them.If you give the wrong person access they may grief you in a heartbeat robbing you for all you have before you get a chance to remove them.

You Don't Have To Give Anyone Access:
    This is very important. When you have a world to call your people will want access. Sot they can look cool, take your things, grief you, help you out, and many more people. As the placer of the lock you have the power to say who and who can not build or who and who can not be there. make sure you dont give access to people just because they say they are your friend but because you want to.

Summary
    Good luck guys and make sure you are smart about giving people access. I know this is long but I wanted to cover every angle of Access in Growtopia possible. There are probably many other things I can add but I will continuously update. Please leave feedback and thank You for reading.

If this becomes Sticky I will Add on more info and constantly Update.
    Last edited by Player3D3; 06-30-2013 at 01:51 AM.

Currently On Mobile. Excuse My typos!
    Joined Growtopia January 11, 2013
    Growtopia Google+ Page
    Guide to giving others Acess
    Keeping Your Account Secure

Clocking at: 3100 Hours of Growtopia.
    -Player3D3

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Celestia;
    I can protect my subjects from you!
    #2.0Growtopian

Great guide! It's really informative! Even I learned a few things from it!
    Even though I quit and I'm gone, I just want to say that I really miss this community.
    (Is it still similar to the way it used to be?)

Very good and informative, I don't know how many times I've seen people complain about being scammed because of somebody they added to a lock. People can lose trust and valuables, so everyone should read this!
    Not just any pigeon, an awkward pigeon

Growtopia Username: awkpigeon

Stop complaining about your scammed items! All is fair in love and war... and Growtopia

Default Nice

Great guide! Very good points and very helpful. This will help all growtopians alike. Great job!!
    IGN - igood19

Default Bump

*Bump* x 1

Growtopia Google+ Page

-Player3D3

#2.0Growtopian

Quote Originally Posted by Player3D3 View Post
    About
    In this thread I want to give pointers and tips one should use when considering a person for access in there world. This is very key because although we can expand our inventory to how much we want we must drop some items or plant a few seeds somewhere.A persons valuables usually end up in their world so in order to keep what you hold dear safe from thieves and griefers here is a simple guide to help you out.

Trustable:
    Before you access anyone you should make sure they are a trusted person. do extensive research on this person or look at your past experiences with this person.Some people will be easy to be spotted as a thief or griefers while others are extremely stealthy when it comes to these things. Make sure that when you do add them that there is no doubt in your mind that you can not trust them.WARNING:Not everyone you believe to be 100% trusted can be trusted so always be aware.

Sharing:
    When ever you give someone access that's exactly what they get. Access to all the blocks , seeds, and clothing in your world or area in which you have given them access. You share what they have access to with that person. They can take and place as the want so it is advised you set down some ground rules from the beginning so when things happen they will have no reason to be upset if you take their access or any other type of punishment you may give.

Lock What Is Off: Limits
    Sometimes it is in peoples nature to simply take what they can get. After all that's smart. So if you have something like a World of the Day Trophy lock it up with a small, big, or Huge Lock. This way you know for sure that that what you want left untouched by people will be left untouched.If its a simple storage or a highly valuable item if you want it left alone then lock it up.

The Limit:
    You should have a limit as to how many people you may add to a specific lock. this way there will be no confusion when something happens. The safest number of people you can have on a lock other then yourself is one person. That way when crap goes down you know who it is and you can quickly solve it by removing them. If you have multiple people on a lock that's when things get tricky. This is why it is key to make sure the people you add in the first place are people you can trust.

Smaller Lock Access:Sometimes you don't want to give world Access to a person but you may give Small lock access. it may be for VIP or for a Bulletin Board for only them to edit.Maybe a hotel room or a chill zone just for that user.Be careful about this because people still grief in Small Lock Access. You may not loose much but you may loose some trust.

Selling Access
    Do not sell Access unless you want to be possibly griefed. when giving access make sure you are giving them access because they have proven themselves worthy of access and they can truly be trusted. If you want to do payment for access make sure that it is a space in which they can add there own things such as a Hotel Room.When you sell access sometimes some people may look at the paying for acces as a simple price fo all the things in your world so its best to access people you know and trust.

The Giving Of The Access:
    This is it. Your about to give SkyThekid_811 access to your world. What do you do? Well here is how we get it done the professional way.You make sure that no one is near that person. Pull them into a small closed area and add them. Simple as that. The key is making sure no one is near them.If you give the wrong person access they may grief you in a heartbeat robbing you for all you have before you get a chance to remove them.

You Don't Have To Give Anyone Access:
    This is very important. When you have a world to call your people will want access. Sot they can look cool, take your things, grief you, help you out, and many more people. As the placer of the lock you have the power to say who and who can not build or who and who can not be there. make sure you dont give access to people just because they say they are your friend but because you want to.

Summary
    Good luck guys and make sure you are smart about giving people access. I know this is long but I wanted to cover every angle of Access in Growtopia possible. There are probably many other things I can add but I will continuously update. Please leave feedback and thank You for reading.
    Also, do not grief people for access because they can put you in the HALLOFSCAMMERS

Default Bump

*Bump* x2 Bump Bump...

Growtopia Google+ Page

-Player3D3

#2.0Growtopian

Player, im going to bump for you (In my not spammy way).
    It's better than posting "Bump".

I really like this guide! Nice and informative!
    IGN: Devinidiot
    Growtopia Level: 29

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Devinidiot View Post
    Player, im going to bump for you (In my not spammy way).
    It's better than posting "Bump".

I really like this guide! Nice and informative!
    I'm going to do the same

Nice guide! (Heh)
    lorem ipsum

Good thread! Only, we, forum users already know these rules, i hope but noobies don't so try to make a world full of these rules ( just a suggestion

Thanks to CoolDrew for this awesome Signature.

Quote Originally Posted by God
    Ducks are awesome, that's why I made them.