OK. So, I have a sprite which I want to move up and down the play area. Applying some of the techniques I learned in the Dragon Eggs tutorial I setup two waypoints and applied the following script to the sprite:

Code:
function OnMapInsert() //run as the entity is placed on an actual map, but before OnPostInit()
	GetWatchManager:Add(this, C_TIME_FOREVER); //always function offscreen
end

function OnInit() //run upon initialization

//hint to the path-finding system that it can ignore this while computing paths if it needs to
	this:SetIsCreature(true); 
end

function OnPostInit() //run after being placed on a map

this:GetBrainManager():Add("StandardBase","");

AddPatrolGoals();

end

function OnKill() //run when removed

end

function AddPatrolGoals()

//let's make him move to the four checkpoints

this:GetGoalManager():AddApproach(GetEntityByName("Ele1B"):GetID(), C_DISTANCE_CLOSE);
	this:GetGoalManager():AddApproach(GetEntityByName("Ele1A"):GetID(), C_DISTANCE_CLOSE);

end
The sprite is positioned at the top of the screen, as is waypoint Ele1A. Using this code I would hope for the entity to move down (to waypoiny Ele1B) the screen and back up.

The problem is that there are some entities in the way, and the sprite attempts to maneuver its way around these entities (and eventually gives up when it reaches a solid platform). I though I could get around this by assigning the sprite to layer "Overlay 1", but this does not seem to help.

Any ideas on what I can do to just bring this sprite up and down the screen?