Thread: basic mac command

Serf

Default basic mac command

Hello. I'm currently trying to run this program on a mac.

It seems that there are some oversights when making it though. I can't seem to toggle edit mode at all (F1 is brightness control), which is frustraiting when I'm trying to learn the program. I'm also wondering if there is a way to open the novashell files as described in the tutorials. the current one seems to leave us mac users hanging.

Thanks!

Serf

I apologize, I made a mistake. the F1 keys are accesable by going to preferances> keyboard and mouse and checking the designated box in the keyboard tab.

any news on the novashell extensions, though?

hello j,

you want to right click on the application file and then choose " open package " from the menu list. this will open a finder window with a resource or content file folder, i can't remember which exactly. but drill down into that folder and you will find the world, map and other novashell folders listed in the tutorial.

hope this helps.

.novashell and .novazip files are now properly associated on the mac in the new version, so this should at least help with running downloaded worlds.

And you can now double click a .novashell file (from inside its bundle or from somewhere else) to run it directly.

Note: A .novazip is just a zipped up world, renamed to .novazip from zip. (inside is just the .novashell file and matching directory)
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

It's always great to get my hands on the latest build. Cool that mac users now can take advantage of being able to open worlds by simply double clicking them.

In the 0.27 it seems there is a -windowed parameter. I was wondering what I would have to edit to get it starting fullscreen like 0.26.

Cobra, bring up the editor with F1, then open Options->Novashell System Preferences. Double click the "command_line_parms" entry in the list and then remove the "-window" value that is in it.

I will modify the Mac build script to stop including my latest preferences file..
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Wow that was easy, thanks for that. As always your reply was timely and most helpful.

Actually considering how easy it is to just delete it, perhaps it is better off having it left on for those who rather have NovaShell windowed until they have a finished game. Your choice though.

Serf

Thanks, seth. It's good to know that you're taking care to little details like this. It's really getting me into this software :P

hey seth,

thanks for 'fixing' the...

I will modify the Mac build script to stop including my latest preferences file..
    it can be a little shocking to have a 'windowed' preference and then get 30" of novashell goodness smacked at you after an update.

love the way you sweat the small stuff.