Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You shouldn't care.

Banned

Default You shouldn't care.

You shouldn't care about what people think of you. You are your own person, and nobody can change who you are.
    If you care about other people's opinions on you, you will have a crappy life. And nobody wants that.
    Live your life, and don't let anyone lower your mood!

Master Sorcerer
    this is my plea plslls eradicate my existence before i take yours

Quote Originally Posted by 26FtW26 View Post
    You shouldn't care about what people think of you. You are your own person, and nobody can change who you are.
    If you care about other people's opinions on you, you will have a crappy life. And nobody wants that.
    Live your life, and don't let anyone lower your mood!
    1/8 of my life's philosophy consists this. lol
    the one and only pineapple you grew up with and loved
    Ign: iHans/Hansie

Banned

Sadly, in this day and age, many adolescents have the misconception that being themselves is a taboo if they want to 'fit in' or be a part of the majority. I wouldn't want to turn this into a debate thread, which I'm guessing you don't want to either (?). Good advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Typical View Post
    Sadly, in this day and age, many adolescents have the misconception that being themselves is a taboo if they want to 'fit in' or be a part of the majority. I wouldn't want to turn this into a debate thread, which I'm guessing you don't want to either (?). Good advice.
    Hasn't it always been this way?
    its just a prank bro

Quote Originally Posted by TheFanoftech View Post
    Exactly. Thank you, sir.
    Need something to be built?
    3C Construction!

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewynder View Post
    Exactly. Thank you, sir.
    No problemo.
    its just a prank bro

Banned

It seems to be much more prominent in the modern age than in the past, especially with social media and the Internet present.

Quote Originally Posted by Typical View Post
    It seems to be much more prominent in the modern age than in the past, especially with social media and the Internet present.
    There is, I think, a fear that people have when they try to be independent. They are afraid that if they try to do something new they will fail. Many people cannot conquer this fear and just stick with the norm and try to be 'model citizens'

As the future grows, this fear will grow in millenials. With social media, they have a bigger audience, more people that they think will attempt to judge them. People are afraid of judgement.
    its just a prank bro

Banned

There is, I think, a fear that people have when they try to be independent. They are afraid that if they try to do something new they will fail. Many people cannot conquer this fear and just stick with the norm and try to be 'model citizens'

As the future grows, this fear will grow in millenials. With social media, they have a bigger audience, more people that they think will attempt to judge them. People are afraid of judgement.
    In my opinion, overcoming that fear is one of the greatest lesson you could learn in life, which the OP explained perfectly.

People always call me "ugly" and sort. And, people call me "Chinese kid" just because I am Asian. Also, i get bullied a lot because i tried to speak with girls. Only thing is, i have anger management.
    Have any complications with your forum experience? Then, follow the following:

• PM me in-game or on the forums for tips and tricks on how to function around here.
    • Never get involved in drama; because you will be punished for it, too!
    • Never be afraid to speak your mind, I mean Donald Trump does that and he gets hate (it won't happen to you if you don't build walls!)

If you want to add me on Growtopia, my Growtopia name is Kroakie.

Quote Originally Posted by Comment View Post
    People always call me "ugly" and sort. And, people call me "Chinese kid" just because I am Asian. Also, i get bullied a lot because i tried to speak with girls. Only thing is, i have anger management.
    This is probably unrelated but what state do you live in?
    its just a prank bro

This is probably unrelated but what state do you live in?
    Illinois. (10chars)
    Have any complications with your forum experience? Then, follow the following:

• PM me in-game or on the forums for tips and tricks on how to function around here.
    • Never get involved in drama; because you will be punished for it, too!
    • Never be afraid to speak your mind, I mean Donald Trump does that and he gets hate (it won't happen to you if you don't build walls!)

If you want to add me on Growtopia, my Growtopia name is Kroakie.

To an extent, yes. But don't be so selfish that it hurts those around you, especially when it's the ones you love. That which benefits the self does not always benefit the whole; sacrifice. Goes along with empathy (a trait that, if exercised and taught could really make the world a better place). For example, this past school year, there was an extracurricular activity that I was very unhappy with near the end of the year. I wanted to get out really bad, but my mom expressed that she'd be extremely disappointed and saddened if I didn't go through the entire year. So I sacrificed for the sake of peace in the home and the overall good even though I very much wanted to get out. I do agree that you really have to be yourself (another thing I learned more this past year) but be mindful.
    Sticking it to the man

Here is another part of my philosophy.

You shouldn't care about what people think of you. Yes, you are right. You are you but you are not completely you. The you right now is infested and corrupted by society, religion and culture. These are all useless things that will only blind your judgement. I only follow rules that I have to, or else my freedom would be removed. Culture is something that is corrupted by each passing generation. In the Chinese culture, children listen to adults. But why do children have to listen to adults? So adults could control and bend the child to their will? Quite right! Religion. Religion, religion, religion. Also the statement that children have to listen to adults. Now, society. Have you heard of those slutty trends? Yes, those corrupt you too. Peer pressure.

I guess only a shut-in like me would understand how much corruption there is in the world. I will never respect religion, culture, and society. That is a reason why I left the Christian faith. Corruption. Forcing the word on me. For you Christians out there, I know how much the bible and God mean to you. But I really can see how corrupted the bible is. What you call corruption is what I call evolution. What I call evolution you call corruption.

I will never be respected for my ideals. That is why I am a shut-in. Continuously inspecting the world is what I do.
    IGN: ZeroStratos

The end is near

Quote Originally Posted by lukj2001 View Post
    Here is another part of my philosophy.

You shouldn't care about what people think of you. Yes, you are right. You are you but you are not completely you. The you right now is infested and corrupted by society, religion and culture. These are all useless things that will only blind your judgement. I only follow rules that I have to, or else my freedom would be removed. Culture is something that is corrupted by each passing generation. In the Chinese culture, children listen to adults. But why do children have to listen to adults? So adults could control and bend the child to their will? Quite right! Religion. Religion, religion, religion. Also the statement that children have to listen to adults. Now, society. Have you heard of those slutty trends? Yes, those corrupt you too. Peer pressure.

I guess only a shut-in like me would understand how much corruption there is in the world. I will never respect religion, culture, and society. That is a reason why I left the Christian faith. Corruption. Forcing the word on me. For you Christians out there, I know how much the bible and God mean to you. But I really can see how corrupted the bible is. What you call corruption is what I call evolution. What I call evolution you call corruption.

I will never be respected for my ideals. That is why I am a shut-in. Continuously inspecting the world is what I do.
    Can you point out some corruption in the Bible?
    3C Construction!

Can you point out some corruption in the Bible?
    You won't call this corruption, but children listening to parents. Children respecting parents. Respecting elders overall.

The end is near

You won't call this corruption, but children listening to parents. Children respecting parents. Respecting elders overall.
    Lol what is corruptive about listening to the people who gave birth to you and respecting those who came before you? Those are just good manners dude.
    3C Construction!

Master Sorcerer
    this is my plea plslls eradicate my existence before i take yours

Lol what is corruptive about listening to the people who gave birth to you and respecting those who came before you? Those are just good manners dude.
    I think he means people who over abuse that authority given to them. Well, maybe.
    the one and only pineapple you grew up with and loved
    Ign: iHans/Hansie

Manners? Define good manners. Those are only "Good manners" taught to you by your ancestors. Manners are corrupt. Adults twist children to do their bidding, shape children the way they want...

The end is near

Manners? Define good manners. Those are only "Good manners" taught to you by your ancestors. Manners are corrupt. Adults twist children to do their bidding, shape children the way they want...
    The Bible didn't say any of that. It said obey your parents. It's up to the parents to train them right. Not the Bible. So that's not corruption. Fail #1.
    3C Construction!