Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I finished FO3

Default I finished FO3

Yes, I finally finished the main storyline of Fallout 3 after 100 hours (I also did side quests but not all of them).
    Now, I am going to replay it to get all the achievements but I need to make it fun, any ideas? Like, obviously I'll do a kill everything run to get all the bad karma achievements but any other ideas for runs?
    CRACK OPEN A COLD ONE WITH YA BOY, MIKE HOMMEL!

Quote Originally Posted by GummiBear64 View Post
    Yes, I finally finished the main storyline of Fallout 3 after 100 hours (I also did side quests but not all of them).
    Now, I am going to replay it to get all the achievements but I need to make it fun, any ideas? Like, obviously I'll do a kill everything run to get all the bad karma achievements but any other ideas for runs?
    I'll give you a challenge, when you level up, never pick a perk that gives you any direct advantage in combat (Such as "Gunslinger"), and do not give points to anything that isn't combat related (such as speech).
    "It vexes me how veracious discussion actually devolved into what literally is nocuous as a brainwashed drove of cattle spamming the only two words in their vocabulary: forum game." - JOSHIE63, 2017

↓↓↓
    IGN:TheLuigi
    ↑↑↑

Master Sorcerer Juan Alfredo Guevara's Avatar

Man, I'm just about to finish my FO:NV run! I beat in 23 hours, and didn't do the DLCs (Wanted to go for the regular experience first). Legate is pretty easy, a few AMR explosive rounds and then finish him with the AP ones, but I always get killed by the remaining Legionaires. Any help?

Also, here's an idea: One weapon run. Pick a trusty gun, and go with it. You can use other weapons if you find them, but not far for when you found them, unless you are going to sell it. That's what I'm going to do in my next run, with the Mysterious Magnum.

Click on dat. Now.

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Alfredo Guevara View Post
    Man, I'm just about to finish my FO:NV run! I beat in 23 hours, and didn't do the DLCs (Wanted to go for the regular experience first). Legate is pretty easy, a few AMR explosive rounds and then finish him with the AP ones, but I always get killed by the remaining Legionaires. Any help?

Also, here's an idea: One weapon run. Pick a trusty gun, and go with it. You can use other weapons if you find them, but not far for when you found them, unless you are going to sell it. That's what I'm going to do in my next run, with the Mysterious Magnum.
    That's not very good, considering the first weapon you get in fallout is a 10MM pistol.
    "It vexes me how veracious discussion actually devolved into what literally is nocuous as a brainwashed drove of cattle spamming the only two words in their vocabulary: forum game." - JOSHIE63, 2017

↓↓↓
    ↑↑↑

Quote Originally Posted by |ThyLuigi| View Post
    I'll give you a challenge, when you level up, never pick a perk that gives you any direct advantage in combat (Such as "Gunslinger"), and do not give points to anything that isn't combat related (such as speech).
    So, no perks that give me an advantage in combat and no points to skills that don't give me advantage in combat?

Please elaborate.

So, no perks that give me an advantage in combat and no points to skills that don't give me advantage in combat?

Please elaborate.
    Yep, I think it would be pretty hard, I'm not sure.

↓↓↓
    ↑↑↑

Do the 'Kill alll Deathclaws you see' challenge

You'll loose.

Use steady to become a sniping god and blast the legionaires heads off. You can also convince him to fight you alone if you have a speech level of 85, or you can make the Legate leave with a speech level of 100.

- - - Updated - - -

Unarmed weapons only run. It's fun.

"Against all tyrants."

Quote Originally Posted by HerobrineFan View Post
    Do the 'Kill alll Deathclaws you see' challenge

You'll loose.
    Already killed them all.
    Quote Originally Posted by NCR Trooper View Post
    Unarmed weapons only run. It's fun.
    Such as power fists? Melee weapons?

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, I think it would be pretty hard, I'm not sure.
    It doesn't really sound very hard.

Already killed them all.

Such as power fists? Melee weapons?

- - - Updated - - -

Anything considered an unarmed weapon. Your bare fists, power fist, brass knuckles, etc.

"Against all tyrants."

Anything considered an unarmed weapon. Your bare fists, power fist, brass knuckles, etc.
    Oh god...
    I can just imagine how many times I'd die in the main storyline, let alone the security breach in Broken Steel.

Okay, how about one where you can only use "Big weapons", such as the Fat Man and Flamer.

↓↓↓
    ↑↑↑

Oh god...
    I can just imagine how many times I'd die in the main storyline, let alone the security breach in Broken Steel.
    Not really. I've done it. I've also heard of people doing runs with a noncombatant build, wearing clothes and trying to talk everything out. (Which is pretty ridiculous, considering how many quests require you to kill things.)

"Against all tyrants."

Maybe that perks one should be tweaked. You are only allowed to pick non-combat perks, and you can only give points to Medicine, Small Guns, Speech, and Explosives.

↓↓↓
    ↑↑↑

Maybe that perks one should be tweaked. You are only allowed to pick non-combat perks, and you can only give points to Medicine, Small Guns, Speech, and Explosives.
    Lockpick, Science and Repair are bae.

Lockpick, Science and Repair are bae.
    Hrm, okay, I think I have this challenge idea set. You can only pick 4 different perks of your choice, and 2 skills to give points to.

↓↓↓
    ↑↑↑

Hrm, okay, I think I have this challenge idea set. You can only pick 4 different perks of your choice, and 2 skills to give points to.
    But every time I level up, I have to distribute my skill points and choose a perk. I cannot skip that.

Not really. I've done it. I've also heard of people doing runs with a noncombatant build, wearing clothes and trying to talk everything out. (Which is pretty ridiculous, considering how many quests require you to kill things.)
    You can actually do a no kill run FO:NV. I'm not going to do that, because that seems pretty boring, but it's interesting.

Click on dat. Now.

But every time I level up, I have to distribute my skill points and choose a perk. I cannot skip that.
    You can use those perks an unlimited amount of times, and give points to those skills an unlimited amount of times. Also, once you max out a skill, you can pick another in it's place.

↓↓↓
    ↑↑↑

You can use those perks an unlimited amount of times, and give points to those skills an unlimited amount of times. Also, once you max out a skill, you can pick another in it's place.
    Not all perks have different levels. i.e. Cannibalism has 1 level and the Dine and Dash challenge.

I think a better challenge would be to pick offensive/deffensive perks only. Bloody Mess, Finesse, etc. and raise only offensive/deffensive skills, like Guns, Explosives or Melee.

Click on dat. Now.