Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My world completely reset itself!

Default My world completely reset itself!

I never beleived it, but it's true. Worlds actually reset sometimes.

I was working on a world called FARMKOUR. The entire world was cleared and I had just started building it. Then, I decided to switch accounts (which i can explain later) and transfer the world to my new account. I placed the world lock on my new account and was immediately kicked out of the world. Then, a message appeared that said something about not creating too many worlds in one day. It wouldn't let me back in. After a few minutes, I was finally able to enter. To my disappointment, the entire world reset.

However, the strange part is that when I used the wrench on myself, it says that I own EKERTNDJVB. I don't own this world, and I have never placed a world lock on it.

Here are some pics for proof: Name:  image.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  318.8 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  408.7 KB

I know half of you won't believe me about the world reseting because it seems too unreal, but I'm not lying. Seth, if you have any way of looking into the issue for the future, that would be great. I don't need my progress and world lock back, but it could hurt others in the future.

EDIT: I just re-locked FARMKOUR
    Changed my GrowID to rewyan

Oh wow, this doesn't sound good. I know some worlds reset if they had no lock on them. Mine did awhile back.

Also, since this is a bug, it belongs in the "Bug Report Sub-Forum."

Good luck trying to figure this one out!

It's also possible that you went into a new world.

Check /status on the first account that you were using. It will tell you the most recent worlds you've been in.

r(r^2+30)=t

Well, I can see FARMKOUR was created the 21st, so I suspect it was recycled at some time earlier.

To get recycled it has to not have any good stuff on it, be unvisited by anyone for 2 weeks, and have 1 lock or less, and not be a world lock.

However, I did modify the algo yesterday to go ahead and never recycle anything that has any kind of lock, even a single small lock over the door way, to be safe.

However, if you had visited FARMKOUR more recently than 2 weeks ago and it still recycled, that would be a bug, but I've never heard of that happening before...
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Well, I can see FARMKOUR was created the 21st, so I suspect it was recycled at some time earlier.

To get recycled it has to not have any good stuff on it, be unvisited by anyone for 2 weeks, and have 1 lock or less, and not be a world lock.

However, I did modify the algo yesterday to go ahead and never recycle anything that has any kind of lock, even a single small lock over the door way, to be safe.

However, if you had visited FARMKOUR more recently than 2 weeks ago and it still recycled, that would be a bug, but I've never heard of that happening before...
    I've been working on FARMKOUR and it was cleared and just beginning to be built. Thee was a world lock on it, although it really didnt have any good stuff in it so far. I definitely visited it in the past two weeks.

Maybe the problem is that I tried placing wl on too many worlds in one day, but the server let me place the lock before kicking me out. I really don't know and Im not that bummed about it either. However, I swear it reset with my wl on it.

However, the bug that i found strange is the second part, where it said that I owned that random world called EKENTNDJVK or something like that. I actually had never even visited that world, and there was no world lock on it.

It's all too confusing for me to say and even think about. It's especially hard because I don't have much proof. I just wanted people to know that weird things like that could happen.

Master Sorcerer

Just like to say that the world you were in and the world that said you owned was slightly different spelling at the end.
    No longer a Growtopian, but still remembering the good old days.

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by The11Who View Post
    Just like to say that the world you were in and the world that said you owned was slightly different spelling at the end.
    Yea, I kinda forgot what it was called so I just took a guess. I was too lazy to go back and see what it was called. (I'm also too lazy to edit it.)

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by rewyankees View Post
    Yea, I kinda forgot what it was called so I just took a guess. I was too lazy to go back and see what it was called. (I'm also too lazy to edit it.)
    I know how you feel. Sometimes I get to lazy myself.
    No longer a Growtopian, but still remembering the good old days.

[IMG][/IMG]

In the picture, it said you entered the world that starts with the E.
    My Worlds
    GoldHQ
    Barnyards
    LandOfBikiniBottom
    PlanetsParkour
    DragonStorage
    FarmCo
    Joined Growtopia January 19th, 2013

Check out my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8n...jCsbBptBavVi5A

Quote Originally Posted by rewyankees View Post
    I never beleived it, but it's true. Worlds actually reset sometimes.

I was working on a world called FARMKOUR. The entire world was cleared and I had just started building it. Then, I decided to switch accounts (which i can explain later) and transfer the world to my new account. I placed the world lock on my new account and was immediately kicked out of the world. Then, a message appeared that said something about not creating too many worlds in one day. It wouldn't let me back in. After a few minutes, I was finally able to enter. To my disappointment, the entire world reset.

However, the strange part is that when I used the wrench on myself, it says that I own EKERTNDJVB. I don't own this world, and I have never placed a world lock on it.

Here are some pics for proof: Name:  image.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  318.8 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  408.7 KB

I know half of you won't believe me about the world reseting because it seems too unreal, but I'm not lying. Seth, if you have any way of looking into the issue for the future, that would be great. I don't need my progress and world lock back, but it could hurt others in the future.

EDIT: I just re-locked FARMKOUR

I get that too! Perhaps worlds that haven't be touched since 3 months anyway you should take further support At Www.rtsoft.com

I thought this was another ripoff trick to get items from developers. Now i'mstarting to take it seriously. It's odd. Make sure you send an email to the support.
    IGN: Angro

Lesser Knight

Maybe there was some hackers on the game to the server side system shut of all servers and reset all the things that happens at the time of the hacker had hacked or maybe there was a glitch and the server had to be reset to stop it like the breakable bedrock glitch. Hope this helped LegitGamer out

Oh wow... didn't realize had the same problem as mine :/

My friend put a lock on her old world, KATSEPICWORLD, but when I went there today, it was completely empty. The same thing happened to my world 12112000, and INTERNETLOVERS1251211.

Worlds can be "recycled" when:

1. Not visited in a while (2 weeks or more)
    2. Low value (not a lot of stuff on it)
    3. Not world locked
    4. No locks at all (*)

* Actually we were allowing worlds to be deleted that had 1 small/medium lock on them for a while (to help with name squatting), but disabled it a week or two ago. Although due to a bug I found out it could still happen in some circumstances (fixed that today), so that probably explains it.
    Last edited by Seth; 08-05-2013 at 12:56 AM.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Theres been weird things happening to growtopia, like i had a wiz hat tree growing and when i came to my world to fertilize it IT WAS GONE! just so weird

Quote Originally Posted by Bolty27 View Post
    Theres been weird things happening to growtopia, like i had a wiz hat tree growing and when i came to my world to fertilize it IT WAS GONE! just so weird
    I don't know of any bug like that... any other people have access to the lock? That's who I would suspect...
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    I don't know of any bug like that... any other people have access to the lock? That's who I would suspect...
    Well I have 1 person that has access to the lock, ninjaman13, but we worked so hard on making it, so he wouldn't destroy it

Quote Originally Posted by Bolty27 View Post
    Well I have 1 person that has access to the lock, ninjaman13, but we worked so hard on making it, so he wouldn't destroy it
    Other players can't destroy locks though?
    I rant on others idiocy.

Quote Originally Posted by Niguana View Post
    Not the lock, the wizard hat tree.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niguana View Post
    Not the lock, the wizard hat tree.