Thread: Various Buglets

Squire

Default Various Buglets

Just started playing with Novashell. While I could quibble with some of the way the API is laid out, so far it seems like a really excellent tool.

I'm running it on Linux so these little things may be linux/distro specific.

* Tabbing in the editor in some cases seems to not only switch the cursor from field to field but disable the other dialogs as well. Try to edit a key under Novashell prefs, tab between the name of the field and it's value - the other dialogs vanish.

* I can't copy and paste text from outside of novashell into novashell

* possibly related to both/either of these attempting to paste in the ~ console pastes the current tilepic in the buffer onto the map.

* Also possibly related, scrolling inside a list widget zooms in and out while also scrolling the widget. Pull up the alignment dialog,and mousewheel inside the list of prebuilt alignments. List scrolls, map zooms.

* The various dialogs don't "Ok" when enter is hit. Fiddly thing but I hate jumping to the mouse for it, and tabbing isn't an option...

I also have various possible bugs that I can't consistently replicate that might just be user error - OnPostInit() being called multiple times for the player entity, the Cast Shadow property doesn't seem to always get set without opening and closing the dialog a couple of times, etc. I'll see if they go away as I become more familiar with the tool.

Also, this error popped up in the console while working through the tutorials: "Warning Box2d doesn't like collision line 2 in . (Not enough Verts)". This was while adding the collision data for the Player. I deleted the collision data and rebuilt, no problem.

Finally, a possible feature request - centering the map on the mouse when zooming. I say "possible" because I haven't decided if I actually would want it that way or not, but it was my first instinct to mouse over something in one chunk of the map I cared about and scroll to zoom. It might be more irritating having it not stay centered all the time, I dunno.

Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it.

The linux version of Clanlib 0.8.x does not support cutting and pasting outside the app yet.

I looked into adding this when I added the clipboard support for OSX but it didn't look very straightforward for linux.

Don't suppose anybody wants to add it to Clanlib?
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Squire

Possibly. I'm neither much of an X11 nor a C++ developer, but I could certainly take a look.