Thread: Error in vc90 project files?

Serf

Default Error in vc90 project files?

Hello all. I downloaded newest SVN and ran across a few bugs that I was going to post about, but reading back a few threads most of them have been mentioned but I've not been able to find anything about this one, I'm using Visual Studio Express 2008 v9.0.30729.1 .. after fixing mikmods header i got all the clanlibs to build and install. Then I opened up the Tests-v90 project file and compiler poped a window on opening stating that "solution folders are not supported in this version of the application" and the following were marked unavailable Core, Display, Gui, and Network and then another window stating that some information could not be read from the file. The same thing happened in Examples-vc90 with these projects marked DiceWar, Documentation, NetGame, and Utilites. Is there a newer version of the compiler I need to get (i did not see on on VC site) or is the project file meant for the non-express version?
    #include <SomeWittySlogan>

ClanLib Developer

The VC Express Edition does not support Solution Folders. You need a full version of VC to get that.

Try opening the specific example solution files separately instead (like Examples/DiceWar/*.sln).

We normally put non-important files into Solution Folders (like README files etc), so the separate solution files should work for Express edition, even if it can't read the complete solution.