Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35

Thread: Make A Change!

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer Cloverlord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,323

    Default Make A Change!

    TL;DR : See people for who they are INSIDE. Not for what you see! Try to understand them.


    Have you ever seen someone roaming the halls of your school looking upset about something? I think we all have. Maybe you've even been that person. Whether it be a bad grade on a test, or something a bit more serious like bullying, you can make the change!

    Where does it say when you see someone who looks a little different, or they're a little short or maybe too tall, that you have to be mean to them. What you do makes an impact even if you don't see it. Just by saying "Hi" you might now know it yet, but you might have just saved their life. Just by doing something so simple, you have done so much.

    In this thread, I will be sharing ideas and suggestions that could really save the day. This thread is made from the heart, and I do hope you can see that from the way I write. Anyways, on to it!


    "Head down as she walks through the crowded hallway, people staring at her; watching her every move. A few feet ahead someone holds out their foot, and without noticing it she stumbles over it and falls to the floor leaving nothing but her books behind her."

    What would you do?

    Would you laugh and pass it off as a joke?

    Would you call her names because she fell?

    Or maybe, just maybe..

    Would you smile to her and help her gather the books?

    Maybe you want nothing to do with this all, so you walked away. You think that because you didn't do it, that you shouldn't help. That's where you're wrong.

    If you see something happen don't just walk away. Do something about it!

    In this situation, you can do many things to brighten the day of this person. Here's how:

    • Smile to them.
    • Ask them to hang out with you. It doesn't have to be permanant, but make them feel welcome.
    • Grab a sticky-note and write something to make them feel better. Draw a smiley face or write something sweet or kind. Let them know someone cares. You don't need to sign it either, just leave it blank. Post it to their locker, or school desk.
    • Try to understand them. A big part of stopping something from happening, is understanding why it is (or might be!)


    Even if it feels like nothing, it may mean something to them. I can assure you that it does.

    If you went to school each and every day to have someone make fun of you, or trip you like the example above, it's not something that makes you happy, is it? If someone smiled at you, or even talked to you, would it make your day?


    "Dark clothes lay on the thin figure as it crushes it's way through the hallway to his next class. Nobody sees that this child doesn't eat; nobody cares. As he continues on to his class, many students point and stare at his small frame. At lunch he hides in the washrooms, nobody there can see him cry. His siblings called him fat, so he dieted. The diet however, is what will kill him if he keeps on starving his growing body. Nobody sees this when they look at him. Why?"

    Although he may not want to eat, there are other ways to him to appreciate you. What about hanging around with them after school, or going to see a movie? Maybe going to a nearby park and enjoying the fresh air. You could always find out what the person likes, that is much more helpful on finding things you could do together. Eating might be a hard topic for them, but the people at school might only see another reason to insult or put down this person.

    When they don't eat, don't point it out. If you do they will think it's all you want; that you don't want to be friends. Don't show them this. Let them know that they matter and a few calories isn't going to hurt, it will help! Although, I don't recommend this. All I can recommend is that you try to understand. That you try to care. Smiling to them every day can be huge thing to them. If you see them eating, don't stare. When they finish celebrate. Eating may not be as hard for you as it is them. Try to understand this!


    Short. Smaller than everyone else, they are short. You might laugh about it, they might laugh too, but is it really funny? I am taking a class right now with a short girl in it. Seeing as many of us other people are 5-6ft tall, she is only about 4. I don't laugh. I don't stare. I understand. How tall you are can not be chosen. It is merely something you are born with in your DNA. People laugh, they call her names and they stare. Why? She's just like every one else. Helping her seems so hard, but really. It's not. Smile, show them you care! Make jokes with them, just not of their size! Be a friend, after all, she's just like every one else.. Why can't we just see a person for who they are inside, rather than what is seen on the outside?

    Sometimes all you have to do is SMILE.

    Songs that fit:



    I am ALWAYS open to replying to PM's here on the forum, so if you want to talk, I am always available and will get back to you as soon as I can.

    YOU MAKE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE IN THIS WORLD!



  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer Magicalfishy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Minnesota, USA.
    Posts
    6,438

    Default

    If I saw someone doing that, I would go stand in front of her blocking her and tell everybody to mind their own business and stop picking on innocents. Everybody has their own story... they've all had their easy and hard times just like you have. You should treat everyone equally.



  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer Cloverlord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magicalfishy View Post
    If I saw someone doing that, I would go stand in front of her blocking her and tell everybody to mind their own business and stop picking on innocents. Everybody has their own story... they've all had their easy and hard times just like you have. You should treat everyone equally.
    Exactly!


  4. #4
    Lesser Knight keep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloverlord View Post
    TL;DR : See people for who they are INSIDE. Not for what you see! Try to understand them.


    Have you ever seen someone roaming the halls of your school looking upset about something? I think we all have. Maybe you've even been that person. Whether it be a bad grade on a test, or something a bit more serious like bullying, you can make the change!

    Where does it say when you see someone who looks a little different, or they're a little short or maybe too tall, that you have to be mean to them. What you do makes an impact even if you don't see it. Just by saying "Hi" you might now know it yet, but you might have just saved their life. Just by doing something so simple, you have done so much.

    In this thread, I will be sharing ideas and suggestions that could really save the day. This thread is made from the heart, and I do hope you can see that from the way I write. Anyways, on to it!


    "Head down as she walks through the crowded hallway, people staring at her; watching her every move. A few feet ahead someone holds out their foot, and without noticing it she stumbles over it and falls to the floor leaving nothing but her books behind her."

    What would you do?

    Would you laugh and pass it off as a joke?

    Would you call her names because she fell?

    Or maybe, just maybe..

    Would you smile to her and help her gather the books?

    Maybe you want nothing to do with this all, so you walked away. You think that because you didn't do it, that you shouldn't help. That's where you're wrong.

    If you see something happen don't just walk away. Do something about it!

    In this situation, you can do many things to brighten the day of this person. Here's how:

    • Smile to them.
    • Ask them to hang out with you. It doesn't have to be permanant, but make them feel welcome.
    • Grab a sticky-note and write something to make them feel better. Draw a smiley face or write something sweet or kind. Let them know someone cares. You don't need to sign it either, just leave it blank. Post it to their locker, or school desk.
    • Try to understand them. A big part of stopping something from happening, is understanding why it is (or might be!)


    Even if it feels like nothing, it may mean something to them. I can assure you that it does.

    If you went to school each and every day to have someone make fun of you, or trip you like the example above, it's not something that makes you happy, is it? If someone smiled at you, or even talked to you, would it make your day?


    "Dark clothes lay on the thin figure as it crushes it's way through the hallway to his next class. Nobody sees that this child doesn't eat; nobody cares. As he continues on to his class, many students point and stare at his small frame. At lunch he hides in the washrooms, nobody there can see him cry. His siblings called him fat, so he dieted. The diet however, is what will kill him if he keeps on starving his growing body. Nobody sees this when they look at him. Why?"

    Although he may not want to eat, there are other ways to him to appreciate you. What about hanging around with them after school, or going to see a movie? Maybe going to a nearby park and enjoying the fresh air. You could always find out what the person likes, that is much more helpful on finding things you could do together. Eating might be a hard topic for them, but the people at school might only see another reason to insult or put down this person.

    When they don't eat, don't point it out. If you do they will think it's all you want; that you don't want to be friends. Don't show them this. Let them know that they matter and a few calories isn't going to hurt, it will help! Although, I don't recommend this. All I can recommend is that you try to understand. That you try to care. Smiling to them every day can be huge thing to them. If you see them eating, don't stare. When they finish celebrate. Eating may not be as hard for you as it is them. Try to understand this!


    Short. Smaller than everyone else, they are short. You might laugh about it, they might laugh too, but is it really funny? I am taking a class right now with a short girl in it. Seeing as many of us other people are 5-6ft tall, she is only about 4. I don't laugh. I don't stare. I understand. How tall you are can not be chosen. It is merely something you are born with in your DNA. People laugh, they call her names and they stare. Why? She's just like every one else. Helping her seems so hard, but really. It's not. Smile, show them you care! Make jokes with them, just not of their size! Be a friend, after all, she's just like every one else.. Why can't we just see a person for who they are inside, rather than what is seen on the outside?

    Sometimes all you have to do is SMILE.

    Songs that fit:



    I am ALWAYS open to replying to PM's here on the forum, so if you want to talk, I am always available and will get back to you as soon as I can.

    YOU MAKE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE IN THIS WORLD!

    I love the message. Bullying is unfortunate and led by those who cannot think steps ahead let alone at their own pace. Maybe one day someone will re release these messages in a form nobody shrugs off like any other. Anyway, continue to inspire, your dedication expresses this!

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer Cloverlord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    Question: If you could make a change in the world, what would you choose to change?


  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    yaoihaven ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
    Posts
    4,831

    Default

    People.
    *~* (10 chars)

  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer GT_PIJUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Lithuania!
    Posts
    3,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloverlord View Post
    Question: If you could make a change in the world, what would you choose to change?
    The way people act,they're all so selfish...
    We need more selfless people in this world D:
    I am the unicorn king of these forums. Bow down to me. (I'm a unicorn,not a human being)
    If u dun liek unikorns,don't expect mi tu have merci on u.
    I liek unikorns bcuz thei are ameizing wild animals,they are way bettr den humans.

    Alliance with the dragons since 2016. #Dragicorns
    Ty barhoomi999 for the golden unicorn horn :3

    I want to get ALL the achievements. {76/100} Ty MrDevil (BadDevilGT) for "Collector extraordinaire!"
    IGN: Pijus14

    Wait a minute who are humans

  8. #8
    Lesser Knight keep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GT_PIJUS View Post
    The way people act,they're all so selfish...
    We need more selfless people in this world D:
    To change society it starts with you, then many will follow.
    "The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why"~Mark Twain
    You should add me on kik so we can talk and stuff :4 : keephealthy

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    this is my plea plslls eradicate my existence before i take yours
    Posts
    4,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloverlord View Post
    Question: If you could make a change in the world, what would you choose to change?
    Change is useless with all of the idealism of people like every stereotype would have. I wish for no change, yet it is inevitable. Ideals are nothing but vague concepts of indifferent zealously towards abolishing a certain faction, or just simply obscure goals. Equilibrium will always be kept, and if you'll excuse me, and with all due respect, I adore your message and I respect it but please consider that this is life. Decisions are useless against it, changes are useless against it — all you have to do is live. If you can't, then it's over.

    Change is what you can characterize as — what, exactly? Is it a different form of a particular state, rather, is it a passive state of any matter in this universe? Particularly, yes it is. Change everything, but ironically, nothing would change. Unfortunately.


    All we can do is influence, and it will not change.
    the one and only pineapple you grew up with and loved
    Ign: iHans/Hansie

  10. #10
    Lesser Knight keep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloverlord View Post
    Question: If you could make a change in the world, what would you choose to change?
    Everyone to love each other because of who they are and what they'll do. I know it's cheesy but if people started allowing others to get through their flaws, life would be the life you're meant to live.
    "The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why"~Mark Twain
    You should add me on kik so we can talk and stuff :4 : keephealthy

  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer Aunos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Eating At Home
    Posts
    3,240

    Default

    If I could change the world, I would turn all sad face and frowns to happy faces and all negativity to positivity!

    Being always positive and happy is important to ones sanity, cause always frowning and negative can lead to unspeakable things...

    =Read my Forum Fanfics!=
    {Forum Fanfic: Reality Shift} CHAPTER 11 IS OUT!
    {Dangan Ronpa: Rtsoft Forums} CHAPTER 6 IS OUT!

    Vain Glory IGN (SEA): Aunos [SJ1] =KLX=
    Clash Royale IGN: Aunos
    Wattpad: -Aunos-

    #Randomness

    AM IN A STUDY TOUR AT XIAMEN. WILL BE INACTIVE TILL MAY OF 26
    SELL SNOWBALLS 3/WL

  12. #12
    Lesser Wizard Calvin Klein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    PH
    Posts
    282

    Default

    change the system within
    IGN: KACEYTRON

    plsss help me raise the eggs by clicking it..tnx


  13. #13
    Lesser Knight keep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    Change is useless with all of the idealism of people like every stereotype would have. I wish for no change, yet it is inevitable. Ideals are nothing but vague concepts of indifferent zealously towards abolishing a certain faction, or just simply obscure goals. Equilibrium will always be kept, and if you'll excuse me, and with all due respect, I adore your message and I respect it but please consider that this is life. Decisions are useless against it, changes are useless against it — all you have to do is live. If you can't, then it's over.

    Change is what you can characterize as — what, exactly? Is it a different form of a particular state, rather, is it a passive state of any matter in this universe? Particularly, yes it is. Change everything, but ironically, nothing would change. Unfortunately.


    All we can do is influence, and it will not change.
    With that mindset, as many of the most successful people world will tell you, you will grow up without developing your true talents. Influence is change because influence is taken by brain and funky enough not from thinking. Sounds silly because you can say no to anything right? However if you were to stay around positive/negative people everyday of your life, you will experience change in mind without ever realizing it until many many years later. Living life only because it was given to you and you don't want to discard it, is unfortunately a dead life. People are very very powerful but this idea is blocked by those who lose and never try again, and fiction making it look easy. I apologize if some of this doesn't match up with you're saying, but that's because you seem to trail a little bit off to your philosophy of the universe that isn't as parallel to the philosophy of life as you'd think it is.
    "The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why"~Mark Twain
    You should add me on kik so we can talk and stuff :4 : keephealthy

  14. #14
    Master Sorcerer SpeedFreakz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Haremtopia
    Posts
    4,385

    Default

    Hans said change is useless. That is true look when the new year, new life that was fake there was a lot of crimes and thief in the city. So what does change for it?

    Only god knows.
    "I'm not Speed. I am the FREAKZ of the forums"
    FLYING PANTSU
    STYX HELIX - MYTH & ROID

  15. #15
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    this is my plea plslls eradicate my existence before i take yours
    Posts
    4,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by keep View Post
    With that mindset, as many of the most successful people world will tell you, you will grow up without developing your true talents. Influence is change because influence is taken by brain and funky enough not from thinking. Sounds silly because you can say no to anything right? However if you were to stay around positive/negative people everyday of your life, you will experience change in mind without ever realizing it until many many years later. Living life only because it was given to you and you don't want to discard it, is unfortunately a dead life. People are very very powerful but this idea is blocked by those who lose and never try again, and fiction making it look easy. I apologize if some of this doesn't match up with you're saying, but that's because you seem to trail a little bit off to your philosophy of the universe that isn't as parallel to the philosophy of life as you'd think it is.
    I am in favor of what you say, but there is one thing — yes, you can say "yes" or "no" to anything but is it correct; was it ever justified? My philosophy is nothing more than an opinion, no influence, but who was to decide that this was ever my philosophy? Was it ever mine to begin with? Or is it simply what you can call an orthodox? Truth, my friend. Truth lies only within no change, but rather it lies in result. If something results in either a change or something else, would it ever happen? I agree with the fact that you should help or whatever because that's what everyone says and nobody ever gives any thought to what I say, but is anyone doing it? Change is change, but is it different. Everyone has a good intent, but they are blinded by idealistic desires that they cannot execute what they wished.

    Do whatever you want, I do not care. All I do is live in this world and give no thought to everyone, as they are just the same as me. In a crowd, I feel like people are just people like me, I feel like they are me. I am not against anything, I am indifferent. Giving only consent when calculated. I hoard information I could use to improve anything only within myself, not for everyone. Typically, I am simply living and is not bothered by any of your opinions or whatnots you want to implement in this world. All I am saying that it won't be much effective through words, actions or anything.


    I think it's what you people call "opinion" , no? I call it something else.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedFreakz View Post
    Hans said change is useless. That is true look when the new year, new life that was fake there was a lot of crimes and thief in the city. So what does change for it?

    Only god knows.
    Why were there crimes, theft and whatnots? They are not natural but developed out of "more" because of change. What particular "change" are you people even looking for? It's pointless if all you say "be the change!", or "we want change!".

    Ulteriorly futile.
    the one and only pineapple you grew up with and loved
    Ign: iHans/Hansie

  16. #16
    Lesser Knight keep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedFreakz View Post
    Hans said change is useless. That is true look when the new year, new life that was fake there was a lot of crimes and thief in the city. So what does change for it?

    Only god knows.
    Your expectations are outstandingly high for something that should take lives of real dedication and many as of yourself not choosing to be one of them. Not sure what you mean by new year and change exactly, but everyone trying to change with their motivation being a ball drop in another city and society tradion, nothing will change nothing at all.
    "The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why"~Mark Twain
    You should add me on kik so we can talk and stuff :4 : keephealthy

  17. #17
    Master Sorcerer SpeedFreakz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Haremtopia
    Posts
    4,385

    Default

    Some people are changing (not at all) because they want a new life. Sometimes there some temptation to come that they can't be avoid it.
    "I'm not Speed. I am the FREAKZ of the forums"
    FLYING PANTSU
    STYX HELIX - MYTH & ROID

  18. #18
    Lesser Knight keep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    I am in favor of what you say, but there is one thing — yes, you can say "yes" or "no" to anything but is it correct; was it ever justified? My philosophy is nothing more than an opinion, no influence, but who was to decide that this was ever my philosophy? Was it ever mine to begin with? Or is it simply what you can call an orthodox? Truth, my friend. Truth lies only within no change, but rather it lies in result. If something results in either a change or something else, would it ever happen? I agree with the fact that you should help or whatever because that's what everyone says and nobody ever gives any thought to what I say, but is anyone doing it? Change is change, but is it different. Everyone has a good intent, but they are blinded by idealistic desires that they cannot execute what they wished.

    Do whatever you want, I do not care. All I do is live in this world and give no thought to everyone, as they are just the same as me. In a crowd, I feel like people are just people like me, I feel like they are me. I am not against anything, I am indifferent. Giving only consent when calculated. I hoard information I could use to improve anything only within myself, not for everyone. Typically, I am simply living and is not bothered by any of your opinions or whatnots you want to implement in this world. All I am saying that it won't be much effective through words, actions or anything.


    I think it's what you people call "opinion" , no? I call it something else.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Why were there crimes, theft and whatnots? They are not natural but developed out of "more" because of change. What particular "change" are you people even looking for? It's pointless if all you say "be the change!", or "we want change!".

    Ulteriorly futile.
    You seem to get a little off topic and it's stretching your message with no current value to this though to answer your question no its yours because you belive it, not because you invented it (which I'm not to saying you did). Yes many many people (many) will say they want change and do nothing at all. I find it silly how you're asking what change could it possibly be when that's what people are trying to discuss xP. Positive change, change that will make everyone most lovely and smile. Change of mind. Based only off what you said, it sounds a little introverted, not that there's anything wrong with it, but your desire for independence is what's going to kill you along others.

    Positive change and negative change are not the same thing so it's very strange how you say change in general is what causes a cruel world. However it's the exact opposite. You need negative change to make the world more barbaric natural, and positive change to invert this. Yes you are just like everyone else in the sense that you are physical, however your life will never ever be the same as everyone elses, similar yes, but when there's a will there's a way and a large difference is the understanding and dedication.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedFreakz View Post
    Some people are changing (not at all) because they want a new life. Sometimes there some temptation to come that they can't be avoid it.
    I think I'm going to ask you to rephrase that again. I think the sentence you were looking for is "people want change but will do nothing for it" and you are entirely correct. Only the relentless in terms of change, are successful because they unlike any other will keep going when you are told it's fictional, stupid, impossible, or better yet, just a dream. Including when they are said to be stupid and insane for not giving up, they may actually be stupid or insane but keep in mind change hasn't been done by the average mindset.
    "The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why"~Mark Twain
    You should add me on kik so we can talk and stuff :4 : keephealthy

  19. #19
    Master Sorcerer Cloverlord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    Awesome replies, keep 'em coming!

    If I could change one thing in this world, I would change the way people are judged. If nobody can appreciate the way people really are inside, the world won't be going too far. It's nice to have some hope though, don't you think?


  20. #20
    Lesser Knight keep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloverlord View Post
    Awesome replies, keep 'em coming!

    If I could change one thing in this world, I would change the way people are judged. If nobody can appreciate the way people really are inside, the world won't be going too far. It's nice to have some hope though, don't you think?
    That's the word I was looking for :) hope, faith. What must drive along dedication even when it's knocked up.
    I agree, judging is silly because that person who is so "lame" to one may love them despite their faults, yet many call that one lame and consider themselves in everyway better when they don't posses the ability to love others even when they don't let you.
    What many people need to realize is morally there should be nothing holding you back from passing good "judgement" on those who others call terrible.
    If you're going to lose your friends because you sat with a lonesome individual, good, lose the people who have no heart connected to their head.
    "The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why"~Mark Twain
    You should add me on kik so we can talk and stuff :4 : keephealthy

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •