Thread: Random Programming Questions.

Default Random Programming Questions.

I'd like to know as many programming languages that can make games. That is all.

List
    C#
    C++
    Objective C
    Java
    VB
    OpenGL
    Flash
    HTML
    AJAX
    JavaScript
    CoffeeScript
    Ruby
    Swift
    Last edited by |ThyLuigi|; 12-06-2015 at 03:15 AM.
    "It vexes me how veracious discussion actually devolved into what literally is nocuous as a brainwashed drove of cattle spamming the only two words in their vocabulary: forum game." - JOSHIE63, 2017

↓↓↓
    IGN:TheLuigi
    ↑↑↑

Master Sorcerer

Depends on platform you're developing.

Big console games are developed in C++, with C and Assembly for low-level engine modules. Graphics is supplemented with Cg/HLSL - shader videoprocessor code within OpenGL or DirectX frameworks. Big Windows game development is about the same.

Small console games on XBox Live Arcade or Windows can also be developed in C#, Java, or VB, with or without shader code depending how intensive or custom the graphics is for your game.

iOS games for iPhone/iPad/iPod are usually developed in Objective C, although it is possible to write C++ code (if you're willing to jump through hoops and dislike Objective C that much).

Android games are usually Java. Or C++ if you're willing to go native and solve cros--device compatibility issues. Shader code for graphics is done in OpenGL (or variations of).

Other mobile platforms are either C++, Java, or some custom language framework.

Web and Facebook games in the browser are either Flash (Action Script) or increasingly HTML5 and/or AJAX (HTML and JavaScript, with or without WebGL or SVG if you need more complex or 3D graphics).

Quote Originally Posted by Indicative View Post
    Depends on platform you're developing.

Big console games are developed in C++, with C and Assembly for low-level engine modules. Graphics is supplemented with Cg/HLSL - shader videoprocessor code within OpenGL or DirectX frameworks. Big Windows game development is about the same.

Small console games on XBox Live Arcade or Windows can also be developed in C#, Java, or VB, with or without shader code depending how intensive or custom the graphics is for your game.

iOS games for iPhone/iPad/iPod are usually developed in Objective C, although it is possible to write C++ code (if you're willing to jump through hoops and dislike Objective C that much).

Android games are usually Java. Or C++ if you're willing to go native and solve cros--device compatibility issues. Shader code for graphics is done in OpenGL (or variations of).

Other mobile platforms are either C++, Java, or some custom language framework.

Web and Facebook games in the browser are either Flash (Action Script) or increasingly HTML5 and/or AJAX (HTML and JavaScript, with or without WebGL or SVG if you need more complex or 3D graphics).
    Well, I didn't know much about mobile, flash, android...wew, thanks. But (dun dun dun), I'm just curious, not asking for anything specfic to a platform.
    "It vexes me how veracious discussion actually devolved into what literally is nocuous as a brainwashed drove of cattle spamming the only two words in their vocabulary: forum game." - JOSHIE63, 2017

↓↓↓
    ↑↑↑

Lesser Knight

Default There is also ruby which is my personal favorte

Ruby is good I like it because I belive it is used to make most IOS apps
    My name is Tootsmcgee!
    About me:

My goals (they are kinda nooby):

Quote Originally Posted by Tootsmcgee View Post
    Ruby is good I like it because I belive it is used to make most IOS apps
    What a coincedence, I'm learning it!
    I can barely get on a computer tho...maybe I should save up for one...

↓↓↓
    ↑↑↑

C++ offers most object orientation
    Java masterrace
    nub ruby
    Regards,
    Divine
    --
    Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world. 1 John 4:4
    My IGN is Deliverance.
    --

Default Scratch

Y U FORGET SCRATCH ITZ EZEST PROGRAM LANGUAGE M8
    ITZ REEL BELEV ME! ALL YOU DOOZ IS DRAGZ DEM BOXES AND PUT DEM TOGETHER!!!
    https://scratch.mit.edu <--- Link

IGN - Pluvio | Level 43
    Started playing Growtopia 730 something days ago

Sorry if you don't agree with what I say. Don't retaliate, deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pluvio View Post
    Y U FORGET SCRATCH ITZ EZEST PROGRAM LANGUAGE M8
    ITZ REEL BELEV ME! ALL YOU DOOZ IS DRAGZ DEM BOXES AND PUT DEM TOGETHER!!!
    https://scratch.mit.edu <--- Link
    I'd rather do Malbolge. Fun fact: The first "Hello World" in Malbolge was HELLO WORld, and it was proclaimed "good enough" by the creator.

↓↓↓
    ↑↑↑