Thread: How did You start gaming?

Default How did You start gaming?

I would like to know how you started gaming. I think the stories would be interesting.

Here's mine.

When I was 6 I used to play two player games with my best friend. We played random games for a year, before mmos were a thing. Suddenly they started coming out. We played some RPGs but became Op as they wouldn't update fast enough. We found a little game called AAdventure Quest World's (not Adventure Quest). We played this for some time. Then the Right RuneScape came out. It was amazing and I got to lol 120 something.g without membership. After that he found a Sandbox called Roblox. We played it for some years and I even got my classmates to join.
    When I came to my friends house he showed me Half Life 2 on Steam. We played some FPS games. I bought MineCraft, and my best friend hated it. whilst looking for a free MineCraft for my phone I stumbled on GrowTopia.

Most are blind to the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by DropeTD View Post
    I would like to know how you started gaming. I think the stories would be interesting.

Here's mine.

When I was 6 I used to play two player games with my best friend. We played random games for a year, before mmos were a thing. Suddenly they started coming out. We played some RPGs but became Op as they wouldn't update fast enough. We found a little game called AAdventure Quest World's (not Adventure Quest). We played this for some time. Then the Right RuneScape came out. It was amazing and I got to lol 120 something.g without membership. After that he found a Sandbox called Roblox. We played it for some years and I even got my classmates to join.
    When I came to my friends house he showed me Half Life 2 on Steam. We played some FPS games. I bought MineCraft, and my best friend hated it. whilst looking for a free MineCraft for my phone I stumbled on GrowTopia.
    When I was a little kid, I loved toys and disney princesses, as most four year old girls did at my time. Then one Christmas, my parents got me this little gaming console that I loved. It had 12 games and I strived to beat my high scores. When I got a little older, I used to play games with my guy friends because at the time, they were the only others who played video games. As I grew into elementary school, I loved a wide range of games from the classic Mario to MMORPGs like Club Penguin. (Yes, it is an MMORPG.) As I grew even older, maybe halfway to three-quarters through elementary school, I quit Club Penguin and Webkinz etc. to play more games like Mario and Kirby and other slightly more mature/complex games. A few years ago, I had some friends that introduced me to Growtopia, and I fell in love with the game. I was really into the fact that it was pretty unique. Lately, I've played Minecraft, Growtopia (huehue), Clash of Clans (although I may quit soon x.x) and probably will start WOW, Sims, etc.

By Yours Truly

So. I have a brother that is 4 years older than me (He is 19 now and doesn't play the game).
    He started playing the he was 16 or so ( I was 12 ) He is a super growtopia veteran, he played then there was 50 players online, and ATM costed 1-2 World Locks these days! Can you believe that !?
    He offered to play it with him but i disagreed with him hundreds of times and said this game is for 7 yo kids.
    But then I started playing it with him was super fun! He stopped playing about 2 months from my start, i was really sad, untill now i was desperate in growtopia waiting to find some true friends, which I never did, thats why i recently joined the forums...
    Thanks for reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolatte View Post
    When I was a little kid, I loved toys and disney princesses, as most four year old girls did at my time. Then one Christmas, my parents got me this little gaming console that I loved. It had 12 games and I strived to beat my high scores. When I got a little older, I used to play games with my guy friends because at the time, they were the only others who played video games. As I grew into elementary school, I loved a wide range of games from the classic Mario to MMORPGs like Club Penguin. (Yes, it is an MMORPG.) As I grew even older, maybe halfway to three-quarters through elementary school, I quit Club Penguin and Webkinz etc. to play more games like Mario and Kirby and other slightly more mature/complex games. A few years ago, I had some friends that introduced me to Growtopia, and I fell in love with the game. I was really into the fact that it was pretty unique. Lately, I've played Minecraft, Growtopia (huehue), Clash of Clans (although I may quit soon x.x) and probably will start WOW, Sims, etc.
    wait, are you a girl?
    Quote Originally Posted by Equine View Post
    "Fame" isn't even present in Growtopia. This "fame" is mild idolization because someone has more pixelated value than them. In reality, all these "famous" Growtopians are prepubescent children who have absolutely no affect on society.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealThatGuy View Post
    wait, are you a girl?
    Yus. Did you not know?

By Yours Truly

I had cousins whom had a GameCube.
    We played Mario Kart Double Dash, Mario Party and a wider assortment of games.
    I was young. I think I was, like, 6.
    CRACK OPEN A COLD ONE WITH YA BOY, MIKE HOMMEL!

My parents play videogames for a few decades (they both have a gaming pc in their room and play FFXIV together) so it started a while back. I remember the PS1 in 2001/2, playing Driver, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, etc. My very first MMO was Anarchy Online in 2003, I had great times there.

EDIT : Almost forgot, my oldest memory is actually probably Gauntlet on our old Amiga in 99.
    Last edited by Solsagann; 12-14-2015 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Solsagann View Post
    My parents play videogames for a few decades (they both have a gaming pc in their room and play FFXIV together) so it started a while back. I remember the PS1 in 2001/2, playing Driver, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, etc. My very first MMO was Anarchy Online in 2003, I had great times there.
    Crash Bandicoot was, and always will be the bomb-diggity.
    CRACK OPEN A COLD ONE WITH YA BOY, MIKE HOMMEL!

When I was 8, in first grade, I got a DS. A played that thing every moment I could. I have Mario Kart to thank.

My older brothers played games, so I played games.
    Played a lot of Smash Melee, and Metroid Prime 2 multplayer.
    Oh, and Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga

And I have a hard time trying to comprehend why people inset a capital letter in the middle of Minecraft. It just makes it look so wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MyLegGuy View Post
    And I have a hard time trying to comprehend why people inset a capital letter in the middle of Minecraft. It just makes it look so wrong.
    Same bruh. I mean like Minecraft looks so much more normal than MineCraft.

Or does it?

By Yours Truly

First game I played ever was PvZ...
    my father liked it too so we hacked the game. Good ol times
    Regards,
    Divine
    --
    Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world. 1 John 4:4
    My IGN is Deliverance.
    --

I pressed Play.

The first game I ever played was 007 on the Nintendo 64 when I was about...5 years old? I don't remember. Then I got a Playstation and started playing Spyro, Twisted Metal, Crash, some weird skating game, and Reel Fishing. From there I went to Nintendo DS. I binge played New Super Mario Bros, then went back to Playstation (wooo Diablo.)

I play Playstation 4 games now cuz Playstation is lyfe.

I was really young. My parents got me this console called a v-smile, which had toddler games. I was so interested in it, and I played it all day long.
    Then we took a huge step up and got a gamecube. I played kirby air ride and some other games on it, then one christmas we got a wii. We also played that a ton. Mainly SSBB. Then we got an xbox. At the time I was really into minecraft, and played the pe a ton. I used hex editor to put tnt into it and I blew up everything. I got minecraft for the xbox and was really entertained. Then I got a laptop and came absorbed into it. I was watching twitch and saw splatoon on it... So now I have a Wii U.

Yee
    Ign: Obliderate

I sometimes (rarely) stream.
    You can check out my channel by clicking below

got a wii when i was seven and played it every weekend, usually played wii sports/games/super smash bros melee.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by D0GE View Post
    i found out about pogo.com, flyordie.com and habbo.com when I was 3/4/5 years old

just gonna say that that computer was very crappy until I got another one at 9 years old I am using and very happy with now and couldn't run anything else much.

not even growtopia, it runs at less 0.5fps
    wew that fps is so low

From somewhere in the range of 6-8,i got a NDS.I got quite a number of pirated by my dadgames,included...nvm.Too much..
    I have nothing to say other then

https://youtu.be/IGtq-YDy3QM

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  1.02 MB
    Found it!
    I had this little football game my grandmother gave almost 15 Years ago. I'll try and find a picture HaHa
    ~Rock
    Last edited by ALEXOVER; 12-15-2015 at 12:47 AM.
    Growtopia Name: Rockefeller
    Lv. 53
    Achievements 67/100
    1500+Hours Played
    Supporter
    Standing on the note "A"

Quote Originally Posted by DropeTD View Post

Here's mine.

played sbbm when i was a youngin, bought a gamecube, started pc gaming, end of story