View Poll Results: Do you believe in Global Warming?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    79 79.00%
  • No

    21 21.00%
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 236

Thread: Global Warming

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer thepigfarmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,619

    Default Global Warming

    We are going to reach 1 degree Celsius higher global temperatures in the next few years. The temperature will continue rising and rising because of greenhouse gasses. Remember 95% of the living creatures at that time because the global temperatures rose 6 degrees Celsius more. We are expected to hit 6 degrees Celsius global temperatures within the next 80-100 years. This is a fast rate of temperature incline compared to previous temperature inclines. Honestly the factories need to cut down or we may lose Greenland, the Amazon and more. If we reach 6 degrees a Hurricane or Tornado will be a daily occurrence and the highest category hurricane is 5 it could end up being a category 6 everyday. What are your views on this and do you believe in Global Warming?
    Link to a website: http://globalwarming.berrens.nl/globalwarming.htm
    Link to National Geo vid: http://youtu.be/R_pb1G2wIoA
    Last edited by thepigfarmer; 01-29-2016 at 02:00 AM.

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer AlexKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    ITS A NEW DAY YES IT IS!
    Posts
    920

    Default

    80-100 years? pshh thats nothing
    Why Dean Ambrose is a genius
    1. Dean Ambrose shot himself with a shirt canyon, TWICE!
    2. Dean Ambrose is convinced doughnuts and starfishes are very related
    3. Dean Ambrose calls a salad a "leaf puzzle".

  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer thepigfarmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexKat View Post
    80-100 years? pshh thats nothing
    Exactly the point, we are screwed unless we change the way we work now.

  4. #4
    Master Sorcerer AlexKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    ITS A NEW DAY YES IT IS!
    Posts
    920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thepigfarmer View Post
    Exactly the point, we are screwed.
    a metorite killed the dinosaurs
    Why Dean Ambrose is a genius
    1. Dean Ambrose shot himself with a shirt canyon, TWICE!
    2. Dean Ambrose is convinced doughnuts and starfishes are very related
    3. Dean Ambrose calls a salad a "leaf puzzle".

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer thepigfarmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexKat View Post
    80-100 years? pshh thats nothing
    What's your point?

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer AlexKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    ITS A NEW DAY YES IT IS!
    Posts
    920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thepigfarmer View Post
    What's your point?
    i dont really care about global warming
    Why Dean Ambrose is a genius
    1. Dean Ambrose shot himself with a shirt canyon, TWICE!
    2. Dean Ambrose is convinced doughnuts and starfishes are very related
    3. Dean Ambrose calls a salad a "leaf puzzle".

  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer thepigfarmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexKat View Post
    a metorite killed the dinosaurs
    Yeah I accidentally put that there got confused with something lol.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexKat View Post
    i dont really care about global warming
    Why, don't you believe in it?

  8. #8
    Master Sorcerer Ilikecats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Jersey(USA)
    Posts
    3,710

    Default

    please give the source where u got the information from




    #RECRYPGIVEAWAY
    Quote Originally Posted by Phanton
    I like your profile picture it's so cuteeee
    Been wanting to say it for a long time, finally decided to tell you today

    I AM A BOY

    dis happens to hackers ^
    ヽ༼ಠ_ಠ༽ノ

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer thepigfarmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikecats View Post
    please give the source where u got the information from
    I got from the website and national geographic video that I can't find. The NatGeo gave a detailed explanation of what would happen at every degree. Summary:

    2 Degrees: Greenland melts and sea levels rise 20 meters causing floods in major cities

    3 degrees: Amazon Rainforest will continue bush fires even more and will dry out the river causing many people who live there not to have freshwater and the Amazon may completely die out. The Amazon Releases 20% of the world's Oxygen and if they all burn down then more carbon dioxide is released probably causing a degree or 2 more.

    4 degrees: still watching vid
    5 degrees: still watching vid
    6 degrees: still watching vid

  10. #10
    Master Sorcerer AlexKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    ITS A NEW DAY YES IT IS!
    Posts
    920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thepigfarmer View Post
    Yeah I accidentally put that there got confused with something lol.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Why, don't you believe in it?
    because we gonna die either way
    Why Dean Ambrose is a genius
    1. Dean Ambrose shot himself with a shirt canyon, TWICE!
    2. Dean Ambrose is convinced doughnuts and starfishes are very related
    3. Dean Ambrose calls a salad a "leaf puzzle".

  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer Ilikecats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Jersey(USA)
    Posts
    3,710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thepigfarmer View Post
    I got from the website and national geographic video that I can't find.
    80-100 years wont cause dramatic stuff its probley 80-100 million years ....




    #RECRYPGIVEAWAY
    Quote Originally Posted by Phanton
    I like your profile picture it's so cuteeee
    Been wanting to say it for a long time, finally decided to tell you today

    I AM A BOY

    dis happens to hackers ^
    ヽ༼ಠ_ಠ༽ノ

  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer JOSHIE63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    4,514

    Default

    I live the divine right theory, where the holy power of Charlemagne lives on in I, who shall conquer Antarctica and enslave the walruses. Therefore, science is a lie, as is Al Gore and his half-witted campaign fallacies. The power of the Holy Spirit enstilled in me is enough to label all topics as heresy; I believe in Christ's doing only.

    Oh wait, I stopped going to church ages ago — void.

    The way people acknowledge global warming is a joke. It is as if everybody cares, but nobody wants to feel even the slightest inconvenience by changing their basic indiosyncratic habits into productive, eco-friendly ones.
    I AM THE GREAT OHLID

  13. #13
    Master Sorcerer Ilikecats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Jersey(USA)
    Posts
    3,710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JOSHIE63 View Post
    I live the divine right theory, where the holy power of Charlemagne lives on in I, who shall conquer Antarctica and enslave the walruses. Therefore, science is a lie, as is Al Gore and his half-witted campaign fallacies. The power of the Holy Spirit enstilled in me is enough to label all topics as heresy; I believe in Christ's doing only.

    Oh wait, I stopped going to church ages ago — void.

    The way people acknowledge global warming is a joke. It is as if everybody cares, but nobody wants to feel even the slightest inconvenience by changing their basic indiosyncratic habits into productive, eco-friendly ones.
    o.o im doing hw atm on antarctica hypotsis thing lol




    #RECRYPGIVEAWAY
    Quote Originally Posted by Phanton
    I like your profile picture it's so cuteeee
    Been wanting to say it for a long time, finally decided to tell you today

    I AM A BOY

    dis happens to hackers ^
    ヽ༼ಠ_ಠ༽ノ

  14. #14
    Master Sorcerer thepigfarmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JOSHIE63 View Post
    I live the divine right theory, where the holy power of Charlemagne lives on in I, who shall conquer Antarctica and enslave the walruses. Therefore, science is a lie, as is Al Gore and his half-witted campaign fallacies. The power of the Holy Spirit enstilled in me is enough to label all topics as heresy; I believe in Christ's doing only.

    Oh wait, I stopped going to church ages ago — void.

    The way people acknowledge global warming is a joke. It is as if everybody cares, but nobody wants to feel even the slightest inconvenience by changing their basic indiosyncratic habits into productive, eco-friendly ones.
    Yeah that's the problem it's getting harder for people to go back to their old ways. China is being destroyed by their factories with smog and destroying the Earth.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikecats View Post
    80-100 years wont cause dramatic stuff its probley 80-100 million years ....
    80-100 million? That's 500x slower pace then we are at right now. Out of the past 15 years the 14 hottest years on record have happened and 2015 is the hottest year on record. We are at a 10x faster pace then before and 99% of scientists agree that we will rise 6 degrees Celsius in a very short amount of time. Greenland melts 8 miles a year. We will lose ice on both polls if something doesn't change.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexKat View Post
    because we gonna die either way
    It's going to happen if something doesn't change while we are still alive.

  15. #15
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikecats View Post
    80-100 years wont cause dramatic stuff its probley 80-100 million years ....
    Ignorance... The amount of methane/greenhouse gasses being released into the air is ensuring that it WILL be in 80-100 years.

    http://www.economist.com/news/scienc...stock-belching
    I'm not funny.

  16. #16
    Master Sorcerer Metalwire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Your heart♥️
    Posts
    5,153

    Default

    Global warming is a necessity to earth because the atmosphere needs carbon to be sustained this is called the greenhouse effect. Without the carbon the heat wouldn't be trapped in. The only problem is we are feeding it to much carbon. An example would be Venus because of its acidic rains and nonstop nous amounts of carbon that basically make it a hot spot for death.We as a family on earth must understand that nature should be cared for but our people are such greedy that they take nature for granite. Lesson: Money can grow on trees but Nature cannot be returned to its purified self. Think wisely on what you do with the trash. If you want to live on this planet you must care for it not just because it's a necessity but because you have empathy for nature.
    Goals



    MY Poems


    Quotes
    #MakeGrowtopiaGreatAgain
    http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthr...-something-BIG!

  17. #17
    Master Sorcerer thepigfarmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,619

    Default

    Also NATGEO gave this example. Americans eat 8 billion cheeseburgers a year and the amount of energy needed to process that burger would be through the processing the meat, sending it on a truck, etc. It takes a lot of energy just for processing 8 billion of 1 item just for one country. This is why Bernie Sanders would be a good president as well.

  18. #18
    Master Sorcerer Chocolatte's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Mourning my death
    Posts
    1,192

    Default

    To everyone who says something like "Ahh, it'll be fine. The temperatures can't rise THAT fast."
    Seriously? Have you SEEN China? The skies are CLOUDED with pollution. As with many other parts of the world. They won't be able to see blue sky. Also, you will die eventually, yes, but you'll have a much more unpleasant life. Do you want to deal with drought and floods every other day? I think not.

    Seriously though. I don't mean to come off harsh, but think about it. Would you rather live in a world where you can see vegetation every day, or would you rather live in such an unstable world that we'll have to go back to the beginning of the human timeline.

    Yes this means no Growtopia. (Or electricity for that matter!)

    Just saying... RexStar started global warming. He was too hot for the world.

    By Yours Truly

  19. #19
    Master Sorcerer thepigfarmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metalwire View Post
    Global warming is a necessity to earth because the atmosphere needs carbon to be sustained this is called the greenhouse effect. Without the carbon the heat wouldn't be trapped in. The only problem is we are feeding it to much carbon. An example would be Venus because of its acidic rains and nonstop nous amounts of carbon that basically make it a hot spot for death.We as a family on earth must understand that nature should be cared for but our people are such greedy that they take nature for granite. Lesson: Money can grow on trees but Nature cannot be returned to its purified self. Think wisely on what you do with the trash. If you want to live on this planet you must care for it not just because it's a necessity but because you have empathy for nature.
    Exactly!

  20. #20
    Master Sorcerer Chocolatte's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Mourning my death
    Posts
    1,192

    Default

    Plus, at the rate humanity is advancing, it'll probably be around 30-50 years.

    By Yours Truly

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •